NU Apps '11-'12 - Good Luck Hold Candidates!!!! <3 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
thelawschoolproject

Silver

Re: NU (NW?) Apps '11-'12 - Congratulations RD Admits! <3

Post by thelawschoolproject » Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:12 pm

crumpetsandtea wrote:
tjddk wrote:
jrthor10 wrote:Interesting rant by Johann on G+
Post please? I don't really like G+...
The gist: they realized people are bringing others that are on hold as their 'guests' for ASW, and they're not happy about it, and will be changing the guest policy for future ASWs. He also mentioned that these 'guests' have no real connection to the admitted student, which indicates that he might be talking about TLSers? I'm not sure.

Either way, I'm so glad now that I never filed/requested to bring a guest o_o eep!

And, I'm glad I didn't go . . . :|

JamMasterJ

Platinum

Post by JamMasterJ » Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:09 pm

thelawschoolproject wrote:
crumpetsandtea wrote:
tjddk wrote:
jrthor10 wrote:Interesting rant by Johann on G+
Post please? I don't really like G+...
The gist: they realized people are bringing others that are on hold as their 'guests' for ASW, and they're not happy about it, and will be changing the guest policy for future ASWs. He also mentioned that these 'guests' have no real connection to the admitted student, which indicates that he might be talking about TLSers? I'm not sure.

Either way, I'm so glad now that I never filed/requested to bring a guest o_o eep!

+1. That would have sucked.

Also, to the person bitching about this G+ post: Really? The school's dropping $100 bucks for someone to attend that doesn't have anything to do with the applicant. He has every right to be pissed.

Also, if these were mostly, if not completely TLSers, I'm surprised that there were more than a couple

Blumpbeef

Gold

Post by Blumpbeef » Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:14 pm

JamMasterJ wrote:
+1. That would have sucked.

JamMasterJ

Platinum

Post by JamMasterJ » Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:19 pm

I hope none of you guys put my name down

Eugenie Danglars

Gold

Post by Eugenie Danglars » Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:53 am

hope to see you guys at ASW. Have fuuuuun! :D

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Eugenie Danglars

Gold

Post by Eugenie Danglars » Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:40 pm

Eugenie Danglars wrote:hope to see you guys at ASW. Have fuuuuun! :D
Crickets up in here. Did ASW wear y'all out that much? ;-)

JDizzle2015

Silver

Post by JDizzle2015 » Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:32 pm

Eugenie Danglars wrote:
Eugenie Danglars wrote:hope to see you guys at ASW. Have fuuuuun! :D
Crickets up in here. Did ASW wear y'all out that much? ;-)
It was fairly exhausting, imo. I mean I really enjoyed it, but having zero down time between events was pretty rough (I may have skipped a couple things just so I could catch my breath and explore Chicago a bit with new friends).

The Goose Island trip was a nice way to end the weekend; though I was a little disappointed by the turn-out. It seemed pretty thin the whole time. I guess it's a product of current students studying for finals. Also bummed that I didn't get to connect with the TLS crew. Hopefully I'll get another chance in the fall if I end up in Streeterville. :)

The law school itself definitely lived up to and surpassed all my expectations (specifically, I loved how enthusiastic Dean Rodriguez was during his speech).

franklyscarlet

Gold

Post by franklyscarlet » Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:38 pm

It was super exhausting! I'm wiped. But, it was also amazing. I'll post a full write-up when i'm home and not on my phone, but I feel 100% certain that I picked the right place.

crumpetsandtea

Platinum

Post by crumpetsandtea » Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:57 pm

Unsurprisingly, I had an awesome time at ASW ^_^ My favorite parts of ASW were the clinic sessions, 'telling it like it is', and (of course) Wigmore Follies. It was great to have the opportunity to speak to so many actual students about their NU experience. The 'unique educational opportunities' sections were cool too. For me, though, the best part was getting to interact with current students and administration/faculty from the school.

A few things that I wasn't a huge fan of: the tour wasn't too helpful for me, though TBF I've visited before on my own and I was really really tired by that point. I wish there had been more current students at the Goose Island event, and the student organization fair seemed a little lackluster - they all gave out candy but none of them had pamphlets or information about their organization directly on hand.

I did skip the financial aid and mock classes on Saturday (unfortunately I was out really late the night before :oops: ), so I can't speak to that. It would have been nice to have Saturday start a little later XD

Also, I LOVED hanging out with all the 0Ls!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Samara

Gold

Post by Samara » Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:59 pm

crumpetsandtea wrote:Unsurprisingly, I had an awesome time at ASW ^_^ My favorite parts of ASW were the clinic sessions, 'telling it like it is', and (of course) Wigmore Follies. It was great to have the opportunity to speak to so many actual students about their NU experience. The 'unique educational opportunities' sections were cool too. For me, though, the best part was getting to interact with current students and administration/faculty from the school.

A few things that I wasn't a huge fan of: the tour wasn't too helpful for me, though TBF I've visited before on my own and I was really really tired by that point. I wish there had been more current students at the Goose Island event, and the student organization fair seemed a little lackluster - they all gave out candy but none of them had pamphlets or information about their organization directly on hand.

I did skip the financial aid and mock classes on Saturday (unfortunately I was out really late the night before :oops: ), so I can't speak to that. It would have been nice to have Saturday start a little later XD

Also, I LOVED hanging out with all the 0Ls!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
I had such a great time at ASW! You guys are awesome! I'm just sad I had to miss the second day. I was kind into the idea of the mock class. :oops:

Arizona4444

New

Post by Arizona4444 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:07 am

Someone who was lucky enough to get into NU (Unlike my dumb waitlist position) should buy my lollapalooza tickets off of me cause I am unable to go...what a way to have one last party before the death of us all haha.

crumpetsandtea

Platinum

Post by crumpetsandtea » Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:09 am

Arizona4444 wrote:Someone who was lucky enough to get into NU (Unlike my dumb waitlist position) should buy my lollapalooza tickets off of me cause I am unable to go...what a way to have one last party before the death of us all haha.
How many and for how much? (: I'm considering going to lolla.

franklyscarlet

Gold

Post by franklyscarlet » Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:37 am

crumpetsandtea wrote:
Arizona4444 wrote:Someone who was lucky enough to get into NU (Unlike my dumb waitlist position) should buy my lollapalooza tickets off of me cause I am unable to go...what a way to have one last party before the death of us all haha.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

StrictlyBusiness

Bronze

Post by StrictlyBusiness » Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:27 am

Just officially withdrew and it hurts inside. I almost made the deposit just so I could hold on to it for a few weeks but I figure someone else out there will enjoy my spot.

I'm still gonna try to live in Lincoln Park next year if I stay at Chicago, so I'm sure I'll get to hang out with the much more exciting NU crowd anyway.

Arizona4444

New

Post by Arizona4444 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:41 pm

franklyscarlet wrote:
crumpetsandtea wrote:
Anyone can PM me if they are really interested. I bought them for $230 apiece before tax and such. I'll sell for like 215 apiece ($430 total) because it isnt sold out yet and it gives some slight incentive to help me out versus buy them from the website. I will do whatever transaction makes people the most comfortable I just have no chance at actually making it out there because I am in AZ and with the way my law school stuff is panning out its looking like an early August start.

JamMasterJ

Platinum

Post by JamMasterJ » Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:11 pm

StrictlyBusiness wrote:Just officially withdrew and it hurts inside. I almost made the deposit just so I could hold on to it for a few weeks but I figure someone else out there will enjoy my spot.

I'm still gonna try to live in Lincoln Park next year if I stay at Chicago, so I'm sure I'll get to hang out with the much more exciting NU crowd anyway.
gracias

and good luck

jrthor10

Bronze

Post by jrthor10 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:15 pm

Thoughts on hold news this week?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

JamMasterJ

Platinum

Post by JamMasterJ » Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:17 pm

jrthor10 wrote:Thoughts on hold news this week?
my guess is that they are spending a good portion of the week determining how many of the ASWers are pulling out, combined with the ppl that pulled out before, or missed, the deposit deadline. Either we get movement Friday, or we get it early next week

Golden Bear 11

Bronze

Post by Golden Bear 11 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:27 pm

For people who are accepted off of hold/waitlist, do they receive any need/merit scholarships?

crumpetsandtea

Platinum

Post by crumpetsandtea » Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:34 pm

Golden Bear 11 wrote:For people who are accepted off of hold/waitlist, do they receive any need/merit scholarships?
I think it depends, but most likely not/not much.

franklyscarlet

Gold

Post by franklyscarlet » Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:55 pm

JamMasterJ wrote:
jrthor10 wrote:Thoughts on hold news this week?
my guess is that they are spending a good portion of the week determining how many of the ASWers are pulling out, combined with the ppl that pulled out before, or missed, the deposit deadline. Either we get movement Friday, or we get it early next week
agreed. Scholarship deposit deadline was today, so I imagine they'll be hustling to get a few more decisions out before the end of the month once they get the lay of the land. But of course, it's just speculation.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

jbsar87

New

Post by jbsar87 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:32 pm

Where my holds at??

zapcaz

Bronze

Post by zapcaz » Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:48 pm

jbsar87 wrote:Where my holds at??
Still waiting here...