NU Apps '11-'12 - Good Luck Hold Candidates!!!! <3

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
crumpetsandtea

Re: NU (NW?) Apps '11-'12 - Congratulations RD Admits! <3

Postby crumpetsandtea » Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:16 pm

:lol: :lol:

Totally different topic - how do I pay my deposit online? I've been trying to figure it out but I'm not near my admissions packet (in Ann Arbor right now) and I can't find an email where they talk about it. Halp? D:

NM, fairly sure I figured it out.
Last edited by crumpetsandtea on Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

zapcaz

Postby zapcaz » Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:17 pm

Just checked into my hotel in Chicago. Hold interview tomorrow morning!

Kikero

Postby Kikero » Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:19 pm

crumpetsandtea wrote::lol: :lol:

Totally different topic - how do I pay my deposit online? I've been trying to figure it out but I'm not near my admissions packet (in Ann Arbor right now) and I can't find an email where they talk about it. Halp? D:

From the e-mail I got:

If you want to pay your tuition deposit online, below are the steps you must follow.

You must first activate your NetID and create your password.

Using your NetID and password, please log into CAESAR, the student portal, at http://www.northwestern.edu/caesar/.

After you login, you will be able to view Financial Services in the Student Center. Under Financial Services, the last link is titled, Make Tuition & Housing Deposit. Please click on it. (Note: you will only be allowed to make a tuition deposit.)

You should see the tuition deposit amount for your program at the Law School. Click Make Deposit and you will be redirected to QuickPay’s payment site where you can enter your payment information. You will receive a confirmation email once your payment has been processed.

crumpetsandtea

Postby crumpetsandtea » Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:22 pm

Kikero wrote:

From the e-mail I got:

If you want to pay your tuition deposit online, below are the steps you must follow.

Using your NetID and password, please log into CAESAR, the student portal, at http://www.northwestern.edu/caesar/.

After you login, you will be able to view Financial Services in the Student Center. Under Financial Services, the last link is titled, Make Tuition & Housing Deposit. Please click on it. (Note: you will only be allowed to make a tuition deposit.)

You should see the tuition deposit amount for your program at the Law School. Click Make Deposit and you will be redirected to QuickPay’s payment site where you can enter your payment information. You will receive a confirmation email once your payment has been processed.

Yup, just figured that out...unfortunately they want me to list my routing and account #, which I totally don't have atm, so I'm just going to have my bank mail them a check. :P

rinkrat19

Postby rinkrat19 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:27 pm

crumpetsandtea wrote:
Kikero wrote:

From the e-mail I got:

Yup, just figured that out...unfortunately they want me to list my routing and account #, which I totally don't have atm, so I'm just going to have my bank mail them a check. :P
You don't have a checkbook on you? (ETA: sorry, I'm sure you already thought of that.)

crumpetsandtea

Postby crumpetsandtea » Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:31 pm

rinkrat19 wrote:
crumpetsandtea wrote:Yup, just figured that out...unfortunately they want me to list my routing and account #, which I totally don't have atm, so I'm just going to have my bank mail them a check. :P
You don't have a checkbook on you? (ETA: sorry, I'm sure you already thought of that.)

Unfortunately, I'm in Ann Arbor at the moment and my checkbook is in Los Angeles. Thank god for auto-bill-pay via Wells Fargo XD

JamMasterJ

Postby JamMasterJ » Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:04 am

crumpetsandtea wrote:
Kikero wrote:

From the e-mail I got:

don't you guys have a thread where you can go and not make me tso jelly?

splitsplat

Postby splitsplat » Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:53 am

Question to collectively wise sages of this thread, just got held- how important is doing a hold interview?
I'm looking into the cost right now and it would cost me close to 900$ for airfare/hotel... :( I am already working the on "optional" essays and will also be sending in another LOR as well.

No13baby

Postby No13baby » Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:46 am

$90k scholarship email this morning - very pleasantly surprised!

crumpetsandtea

Postby crumpetsandtea » Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:48 am

No13baby wrote:$90k scholarship email this morning - very pleasantly surprised!

CONGRATS! :mrgreen:

aptorres

Postby aptorres » Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:52 am

Currently deciding between Northwestern and Michigan -- leaning toward NW. Good idea/bad idea?

Samara

Postby Samara » Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:54 am

aptorres wrote:Currently deciding between Northwestern and Michigan -- leaning toward NW. Good idea/bad idea?

Best idea. :mrgreen:

What are your career goals? Where do you want to work? What are you looking for in a school? Scholarship offers at either school?

zsu

Postby zsu » Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:15 am

Held last Friday :cry:

fail

CONGRATS ON ALL THE SCHOLLYS!
Last edited by zsu on Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

aptorres

Postby aptorres » Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:18 am

Samara wrote:
aptorres wrote:Currently deciding between Northwestern and Michigan -- leaning toward NW. Good idea/bad idea?

What are your career goals? Where do you want to work? What are you looking for in a school? Scholarship offers at either school?

Interested in working at a BigLaw firm upon graduation (I'm aware of the recent NLJ ranking). I have no real preference in terms of where I work (I'm technically an international student). And I think I could be equally happy in a collegial environment (Michigan) or in a more business-like environment (NW).

I'm also weighing UVA...but I have them behind NW/Michigan.

Samara

Postby Samara » Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:23 am

aptorres wrote:
Samara wrote:

Interested in working at a BigLaw firm upon graduation (I'm aware of the recent NLJ ranking). I have no real preference in terms of where I work (I'm technically an international student). And I think I could be equally happy in a collegial environment (Michigan) or in a more business-like environment (NW).

If you're set on biglaw and don't have any geographical ties, I'd pick NU. (Plus, we're a much cooler bunch.) Even though the Chicago market is still recovering, I think it's a nice advantage to be located in the heart of one of the largest legal markets in the country.

aptorres

Postby aptorres » Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:26 am

Samara wrote:
aptorres wrote:
Samara wrote:

If you're set on biglaw and don't have any geographical ties, I'd pick NU. (Plus, we're a much cooler bunch.) Even though the Chicago market is still recovering, I think it's a nice advantage to be located in the heart of one of the largest legal markets in the country.

Thanks! I agree -- being in a large market is a significant advantage.

mmk33

Postby mmk33 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:36 am

Just got an email: $75,000.

pretty psyched.

XCanadian91

Postby XCanadian91 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:39 am

mmk33 wrote:Just got an email: $75,000.

pretty psyched.

Congrats!!!

NU - Give me some sugar!!

otnemem

Postby otnemem » Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:48 am

So over the past few days of waiting, I had convinced myself that my essays were terrible and would be getting nothing from NW...until the email this morning with 90k. I'm very excited, yet I still face a tough decision between NW and NYU with 50k. I think I'd like to end up in NYC eventually, but I'm not sure if NYU is worth the difference.

Congrats to all!

Samara

Postby Samara » Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:52 am

otnemem wrote:So over the past few days of waiting, I had convinced myself that my essays were terrible and would be getting nothing from NW...until the email this morning with 90k. I'm very excited, yet I still face a tough decision between NW and NYU with 50k. I think I'd like to end up in NYC eventually, but I'm not sure if NYU is worth the difference.

Congrats to all!

Congrats and thank you for posting this. I've been pretty good about not freaking out through the whole cycle until this weekend. Glad to see I'm not the only one questioning their essays.

Though I hate to say it, if you want NYC, NYU is worth the difference IMO.

crumpetsandtea

Postby crumpetsandtea » Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:53 am

CONGRATS GUYS!!!!! I'm loving all the newfound NU <3 now that scholly info is out. They really are being generous this year, it's awesome!

franklyscarlet

Postby franklyscarlet » Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:55 am

crumpetsandtea wrote:CONGRATS GUYS!!!!! I'm loving all the newfound NU <3 now that scholly info is out. They really are being generous this year, it's awesome!

That's for sure. I don't know why, but I'm a fan :) If NU keeps up this generosity, there's going to be a ton of happy TLSers in the class of 2105!

jrthor10

Postby jrthor10 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:14 pm

Congrats everyone on the $$. I think I speak for all holds when I say

1. I hope NU puts out some more hold decisions this week.

2. I hope there is some $$ left once they let some of us in.

Tiago Splitter

Postby Tiago Splitter » Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:22 pm

Does anyone have the ASW schedule handy? I'm trying to figure out how important it is to be there on Friday. Getting away from work isn't going to be easy.

JamMasterJ

Postby JamMasterJ » Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:23 pm

jrthor10 wrote:Congrats everyone on the $$. I think I speak for all holds when I say

1. I hope NU puts out some more hold decisions this week.

2. I hope there is some $$ left once they let some of us in.

all of this

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”