NU Apps '11-'12 - Good Luck Hold Candidates!!!! <3

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
rinkrat19

Re: NU (NW?) Apps '11-'12 - Congratulations RD Admits! <3

Postby rinkrat19 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:22 pm

KaleidoscopeEyes wrote:So, I have to admit I haven't followed this thread at all and I applied on literally the last day possible here. I'm sure this has been answered many times, but I just got accepted by email. Do scholarship notifications follow the acceptance or typically come with it?
Unless you are getting the 150K ED scholly or the $150k 1-year forced deferral scholly, no one has gotten scholarship info yet. Late March, we are expecting...so next week?

Tiago Splitter

Postby Tiago Splitter » Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:22 pm

KaleidoscopeEyes wrote:So, I have to admit I haven't followed this thread at all and I applied on literally the last day possible here. I'm sure this has been answered many times, but I just got accepted by email. Do scholarship notifications follow the acceptance or typically come with it?

No one has received financial aid info yet. If you haven't already you need to submit the NeedAccess and FAFSA forms, as well as the Northwestern financial aid form available on their website.

Also: I'm fully prepared to celebrate JamDay. Don't let me down Johann.

crumpetsandtea

Postby crumpetsandtea » Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:23 pm

JamMasterJ wrote:
zsu wrote:Panic time:

JD regular decision and some hold admits. yes, you did just read that.

Via Johann's twitter

Annndddd...status just updated to 3/23/2012. Not feeling good about this.

oh my... :shock:

IF YOU HEAR, YOU MUST TEXT ME IMMEDIATELY. TYIA <3

KaleidoscopeEyes

Postby KaleidoscopeEyes » Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:23 pm

^^Thank you both for the info!

franklyscarlet

Postby franklyscarlet » Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:26 pm

crumpetsandtea wrote:
JamMasterJ wrote:

Via Johann's twitter

IF YOU HEAR, YOU MUST TEXT ME IMMEDIATELY. TYIA <3

THIS. Even though I don't think you have my number.

Samara

Postby Samara » Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:28 pm

Today is going to be Jamday, right? OBOI

fingerscrossedxx

Postby fingerscrossedxx » Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:33 pm

Sooo, what about those holds that have scheduled interviews? Are they going to hold off on accepting us till we have them so I shouldnt bother getting my hopes up? (mine's early next week)

ETA: JamDAY! srsly rooting for u Jam.

Samara

Postby Samara » Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:34 pm

fingerscrossedxx wrote:Sooo, what about those holds that have scheduled interviews? Are they going to hold off on accepting us till we have them so I shouldnt bother getting my hopes up? (mine's early next week)

I would imagine that people with pending interviews will have pending decisions as well.

zsu

Postby zsu » Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:36 pm

JamMasterJ wrote:

Via Johann's twitter

I'm a total lurker so I hope this doesn't come off too weird but I'm totally rooting for you Jam - you seriously deserve to get in NU.

fingerscrossedxx

Postby fingerscrossedxx » Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:00 pm

Samara wrote:
fingerscrossedxx wrote:Sooo, what about those holds that have scheduled interviews? Are they going to hold off on accepting us till we have them so I shouldnt bother getting my hopes up? (mine's early next week)

I would imagine that people with pending interviews will have pending decisions as well.

Ah, so too much to hope for that they'll surprise me with a "we know you're coming down to see us but now you can visit as an admit not a hold!" :) I can wait till next week :p

gatorapplicant

Postby gatorapplicant » Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:05 pm

got in via email a few hours ago, i'm SO happy! i was a hold candidate and interviewed the 2nd week of march. no work experience. good luck to everyone waiting to hear!! i'm 99% sure i'll be at northwestern in the fall!
Last edited by gatorapplicant on Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

franklyscarlet

Postby franklyscarlet » Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:05 pm

gatorapplicant wrote:got in via email a few hours ago, i'm SO happy! i was a hold candidate and interviewed the 2nd week of march. no work experience. good luck to everyone waiting to hear!! i'm 99% sure i'll be at nw in the fall!

Congrats!

Samara

Postby Samara » Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:05 pm

gatorapplicant wrote:got in via email a few hours ago, i'm SO happy! i was a hold candidate and interviewed the 2nd week of march. no work experience. good luck to everyone waiting to hear!! i'm 99% sure i'll be at nw in the fall!

Congrats!

gatorapplicant

Postby gatorapplicant » Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:08 pm

franklyscarlet wrote:

Congrats!

thank you!! i'm still in complete shock!!

StrictlyBusiness

Postby StrictlyBusiness » Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:51 pm

gatorapplicant wrote:got in via email a few hours ago, i'm SO happy! i was a hold candidate and interviewed the 2nd week of march. no work experience. good luck to everyone waiting to hear!! i'm 99% sure i'll be at northwestern in the fall!

Congrats! Did you have any soft factors that could make up for no WE? Did they talk about that in the interview, did you write about it elsewhere, etc.?

I'm curious why they give the deferred acceptance to some (me) and not to others.

gatorapplicant

Postby gatorapplicant » Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:56 pm

StrictlyBusiness wrote:
gatorapplicant wrote:got in via email a few hours ago, i'm SO happy! i was a hold candidate and interviewed the 2nd week of march. no work experience. good luck to everyone waiting to hear!! i'm 99% sure i'll be at northwestern in the fall!

Congrats! Did you have any soft factors that could make up for no WE? Did they talk about that in the interview, did you write about it elsewhere, etc.?

I'm curious why they give the deferred acceptance to some (me) and not to others.

i've had some good internship experiences (spent a semester working full-time abroad, also a few summer positions) that i think helped me a lot. i discussed those during the interview and sent additional, work-related LORs. the 150k deferral is a pretty sweet deal though, congrats on that offer!

bdubs

Postby bdubs » Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:19 pm

StrictlyBusiness wrote:

Probably because you have kick ass numbers, and others don't.

JamMasterJ

Postby JamMasterJ » Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:58 am

Samara wrote:

not necessarily. TLSP got in before her interview, I believe

StrictlyBusiness

Postby StrictlyBusiness » Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:21 pm

gatorapplicant wrote:i've had some good internship experiences (spent a semester working full-time abroad, also a few summer positions) that i think helped me a lot. i discussed those during the interview and sent additional, work-related LORs. the 150k deferral is a pretty sweet deal though, congrats on that offer!

I think the bold is what got you in this year, again congrats.

bdubs wrote:Probably because you have kick ass numbers, and others don't.

My question was directed at why they chose to accept (without deferral) those ~5% that enter without work experience, not why I was accepted in general. It seems like they have a minimum requirement of experience needed to accept without deferral that is completely separate from LSAT/GPA.

Not at all complaining about the deal they offered me, just trying to get inside the head of these admissions people.

JamMasterJ

Postby JamMasterJ » Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:58 pm

StrictlyBusiness wrote:
gatorapplicant wrote:i've had some good internship experiences (spent a semester working full-time abroad, also a few summer positions) that i think helped me a lot. i discussed those during the interview and sent additional, work-related LORs. the 150k deferral is a pretty sweet deal though, congrats on that offer!

I think the bold is what got you in this year, again congrats.

bdubs wrote:Probably because you have kick ass numbers, and others don't.

My question was directed at why they chose to accept (without deferral) those ~5% that enter without work experience, not why I was accepted in general. It seems like they have a minimum requirement of experience needed to accept without deferral that is completely separate from LSAT/GPA.

Not at all complaining about the deal they offered me, just trying to get inside the head of these admissions people.

In an interview (I think it was Van Zant) they mentioned that a really high gpa or LSAT score could overcome the WE "requirement"

dakure

Postby dakure » Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:43 pm

JamMasterJ wrote:
Samara wrote:

not necessarily. TLSP got in before her interview, I believe

Yeah, he didn't get in. He was held.

XCanadian91

Postby XCanadian91 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:48 am

This is a "please let us hear from financial aid" bump... I love you NU, I want to send my deposit, but I need to see the $$

crumpetsandtea

Postby crumpetsandtea » Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:14 pm

XCanadian91 wrote:This is a "please let us hear from financial aid" bump... I love you NU, I want to send my deposit, but I need to see the $$

I want to agree with this, but I already know I'm getting nothing from NU so I feel it's cruel to allow myself to bring my hopes up. ): But for everyone else's sake, I hope finaid info comes out today!!!!

JamMasterJ

Postby JamMasterJ » Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:16 pm

crumpetsandtea wrote:
XCanadian91 wrote:This is a "please let us hear from financial aid" bump... I love you NU, I want to send my deposit, but I need to see the $$

I want to agree with this, but I already know I'm getting nothing from NU so I feel it's cruel to allow myself to bring my hopes up. ): But for everyone else's sake, I hope finaid info comes out today!!!!

Also, you're committing no matter what.

rinkrat19

Postby rinkrat19 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:17 pm

crumpetsandtea wrote:

I feel like I have a SLIM shot at something minimal...but I'm trying to expect nothing so I'm not disappointed.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”