NU Apps '11-'12 - Good Luck Hold Candidates!!!! <3

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Samara
Posts: 3245
Joined: Wed May 11, 2011 4:26 pm

Re: NU (NW?) Apps '11-'12 - Congratulations RD Admits! <3

Postby Samara » Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:40 am

franklyscarlet wrote:Must do Finaid app today. must. Someone yell at me if it's not done by the end of today.

You and me both. Let's yell at each other.

ricsllscir
Posts: 150
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:45 pm

Re: NU (NW?) Apps '11-'12 - Congratulations RD Admits! <3

Postby ricsllscir » Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:40 am

franklyscarlet wrote:Must do Finaid app today. must. Someone yell at me if it's not done by the end of today.


haha noted...replace what you said with LOCI for me and we're on!

User avatar
franklyscarlet
Posts: 2915
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:16 pm

Re: NU (NW?) Apps '11-'12 - Congratulations RD Admits! <3

Postby franklyscarlet » Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:42 am

Samara wrote:
franklyscarlet wrote:Must do Finaid app today. must. Someone yell at me if it's not done by the end of today.

You and me both. Let's yell at each other.


deal.

dolfan0516
Posts: 218
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:26 pm

Re: NU (NW?) Apps '11-'12 - Congratulations RD Admits! <3

Postby dolfan0516 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:32 pm

franklyscarlet wrote:
Samara wrote:
franklyscarlet wrote:Must do Finaid app today. must. Someone yell at me if it's not done by the end of today.

You and me both. Let's yell at each other.


deal.


haha just submitted mine. So happy its done with finally. For my sake, I hope they read the essays and actually consider merit and need to determine scholarships and not just use them as a hurdle to determine who is serious about attending NU.

User avatar
emkay625
Posts: 1839
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:31 pm

Re: NU (NW?) Apps '11-'12 - Congratulations RD Admits! <3

Postby emkay625 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:51 am

JamMasterJ wrote:
emkay625 wrote:I can't believe I'm saying this, but I think I might be jumping ship guys.

wait, what?


I got off of the waitlist at Texas.

I have no freaking clue how or why it happened this early. I never expected to get in. I don't know where I'm going yet. I change my mind every ten minutes. Head says NU, heart says Texas.

I'm going to both ASW and going to decide then.

imjustjoking22
Posts: 461
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:46 am

Re: NU (NW?) Apps '11-'12 - Congratulations RD Admits! <3

Postby imjustjoking22 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:13 am

emkay625 wrote:
JamMasterJ wrote:
emkay625 wrote:I can't believe I'm saying this, but I think I might be jumping ship guys.

wait, what?


I got off of the waitlist at Texas.

I have no freaking clue how or why it happened this early. I never expected to get in. I don't know where I'm going yet. I change my mind every ten minutes. Head says NU, heart says Texas.

I'm going to both ASW and going to decide then.


Congrats!!

User avatar
zor
Posts: 263
Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:36 pm

Re: NU (NW?) Apps '11-'12 - Congratulations RD Admits! <3

Postby zor » Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:34 pm

I got held a few weeks ago, so I've scheduled a hold interview and have drafted a LOCI. I also have one more rec. Anyone willing to take a look at my LOCI, or have advice for the hold interview? It's a real reach for me so I have no idea if any of this will make a difference, and I'm nervous about the interview because I haven't interviewed for anything in like six years. (I've been working, and the jobs I got were all through people who knew me so I never interviewed.)

And I saw a few pages back people asking about those supplemental essays mentioned in the FAQ. Did anyone actually do any of them? I don't want to flood their adcomm with a LOCI, letter, interview, AND additional (seemingly frivolous) essays, but if it works...

User avatar
Tiago Splitter
Posts: 15515
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:20 am

Re: NU (NW?) Apps '11-'12 - Congratulations RD Admits! <3

Postby Tiago Splitter » Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:40 pm

zor wrote:And I saw a few pages back people asking about those supplemental essays mentioned in the FAQ. Did anyone actually do any of them? I don't want to flood their adcomm with a LOCI, letter, interview, AND additional (seemingly frivolous) essays, but if it works...


Only do them if you want to attend.

Some people who did the optional essays got in late last year, either after being held or waitlisted.

User avatar
foxylaxy
Posts: 165
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:06 pm

Re: NU (NW?) Apps '11-'12 - Congratulations RD Admits! <3

Postby foxylaxy » Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:21 pm

larsoner wrote:
kaveman wrote:Anyone know if we're expected to mention other acceptances/scholarships in response to the second scholarship essay question?


I did. I mentioned that Michigan was offering me money. I didn't mention any other acceptances, but if a lower ranked school was offering money and I was in at a better ranked school, I might have mentioned both.


I did not :( I had this same question around this time and chose to let it go and bring it up when seat deposit is due or if my initial offer received prior to then and isn't as good as Michigan's.

User avatar
jrthor10
Posts: 364
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:33 am

Re: NU (NW?) Apps '11-'12 - Congratulations RD Admits! <3

Postby jrthor10 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:34 pm

I would assume this goes without saying, but if any HOLDS start hearing, please post here....

User avatar
JamMasterJ
Posts: 6688
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:17 pm

Re: NU (NW?) Apps '11-'12 - Congratulations RD Admits! <3

Postby JamMasterJ » Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:35 pm

Tiago Splitter wrote:
zor wrote:And I saw a few pages back people asking about those supplemental essays mentioned in the FAQ. Did anyone actually do any of them? I don't want to flood their adcomm with a LOCI, letter, interview, AND additional (seemingly frivolous) essays, but if it works...


Only do them if you want to attend.

Some people who did the optional essays got in late last year, either after being held or waitlisted.

I think the value in doing the essays is in showing a little more about your writing ability and ability to express your opinions well, as well as showing your desire to put in the effort (people aren't as likely to write a two page essay if they aren't serious about attending). I don't think the fact that they are about those subjects makes them frivolous.

User avatar
Samara
Posts: 3245
Joined: Wed May 11, 2011 4:26 pm

Re: NU (NW?) Apps '11-'12 - Congratulations RD Admits! <3

Postby Samara » Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:37 pm

zor wrote:I got held a few weeks ago, so I've scheduled a hold interview and have drafted a LOCI. I also have one more rec. Anyone willing to take a look at my LOCI, or have advice for the hold interview? It's a real reach for me so I have no idea if any of this will make a difference, and I'm nervous about the interview because I haven't interviewed for anything in like six years. (I've been working, and the jobs I got were all through people who knew me so I never interviewed.)

And I saw a few pages back people asking about those supplemental essays mentioned in the FAQ. Did anyone actually do any of them? I don't want to flood their adcomm with a LOCI, letter, interview, AND additional (seemingly frivolous) essays, but if it works...

The interview advice in the OP is solid. If you've been working full-time for six years, i am confident you have the skills to ace the interview. Just try not to get too nervous. My interview was rather pleasant, as far as interviews go.

User avatar
Tiago Splitter
Posts: 15515
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:20 am

Re: NU (NW?) Apps '11-'12 - Congratulations RD Admits! <3

Postby Tiago Splitter » Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:43 pm

kaveman wrote:Anyone know if we're expected to mention other acceptances/scholarships in response to the second scholarship essay question?


I did. They ask us to make the case for merit aid and other opportunities are certainly part of that case.

User avatar
emkay625
Posts: 1839
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:31 pm

Re: NU (NW?) Apps '11-'12 - Congratulations RD Admits! <3

Postby emkay625 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:12 pm

imjustjoking22 wrote:
emkay625 wrote:
JamMasterJ wrote:
emkay625 wrote:I can't believe I'm saying this, but I think I might be jumping ship guys.

wait, what?


I got off of the waitlist at Texas.

I have no freaking clue how or why it happened this early. I never expected to get in. I don't know where I'm going yet. I change my mind every ten minutes. Head says NU, heart says Texas.

I'm going to both ASW and going to decide then.


Congrats!!


Thanks.

User avatar
Flips88
Posts: 13640
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:42 pm

Re: NU (NW?) Apps '11-'12 - Congratulations RD Admits! <3

Postby Flips88 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:44 pm

The new NU dean left from Texas to come here. Follow suit.

User avatar
emkay625
Posts: 1839
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:31 pm

Re: NU (NW?) Apps '11-'12 - Congratulations RD Admits! <3

Postby emkay625 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:22 am

Flips88 wrote:The new NU dean left from Texas to come here. Follow suit.


A perhaps good point.

tib1389
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:40 pm

Re: NU (NW?) Apps '11-'12 - Congratulations RD Admits! <3

Postby tib1389 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:55 pm

Would anyone like to read my merit/need essay? I have clearly run out of time, but I would like feedback.


....please?

User avatar
crumpetsandtea
Posts: 7156
Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:57 pm

Re: NU (NW?) Apps '11-'12 - Congratulations RD Admits! <3

Postby crumpetsandtea » Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:20 pm

tib1389 wrote:Would anyone like to read my merit/need essay? I have clearly run out of time, but I would like feedback.


....please?

Sure! PM it to me (:

User avatar
zapcaz
Posts: 143
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:21 pm

Re: NU (NW?) Apps '11-'12 - Congratulations RD Admits! <3

Postby zapcaz » Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:54 pm

NU Law Admissions ‏ @nulawadmissions - We have a batch of JD decisions going out today! Notifications this afternoon!

Good luck to everyone still waiting!! Hopefully we will get some good news!!

User avatar
franklyscarlet
Posts: 2915
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:16 pm

Re: NU (NW?) Apps '11-'12 - Congratulations RD Admits! <3

Postby franklyscarlet » Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:58 pm

zapcaz wrote:NU Law Admissions ‏ @nulawadmissions - We have a batch of JD decisions going out today! Notifications this afternoon!

Good luck to everyone still waiting!! Hopefully we will get some good news!!


:-D :-D :-D I hope it's some of our held bretheren.

User avatar
180asBreath
Posts: 480
Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:47 am

Re: NU (NW?) Apps '11-'12 - Congratulations RD Admits! <3

Postby 180asBreath » Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:04 pm

Could they accept holds who did not reply or submit additional essays?

User avatar
rinkrat19
Posts: 13918
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:35 am

Re: NU (NW?) Apps '11-'12 - Congratulations RD Admits! <3

Postby rinkrat19 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:06 pm

180asBreath wrote:Could they accept holds who did not reply or submit additional essays?
They certainly could, but why would they?

User avatar
180asBreath
Posts: 480
Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:47 am

Re: NU (NW?) Apps '11-'12 - Congratulations RD Admits! <3

Postby 180asBreath » Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:07 pm

So, functionally, the answer is no.

I think I'm gonna wait till later in March to decide if I'll withdraw.

User avatar
franklyscarlet
Posts: 2915
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:16 pm

Re: NU (NW?) Apps '11-'12 - Congratulations RD Admits! <3

Postby franklyscarlet » Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:08 pm

180asBreath wrote:So, functionally, the answer is no.

I think I'm gonna wait till later in March to decide if I'll withdraw.


so... you didn't reply or write the essays? why?

legalabogada
Posts: 42
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:21 pm

Re: NU (NW?) Apps '11-'12 - Congratulations RD Admits! <3

Postby legalabogada » Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:09 pm

.
Last edited by legalabogada on Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BlackAndOrange84, bloomsday and 11 guests