NU Apps '11-'12 - Good Luck Hold Candidates!!!! <3

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
RomaRomaRoma
Posts: 51
Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:37 pm

Re: NU (NW?) Apps '11-'12 - Congratulations RD Admits! <3

Postby RomaRomaRoma » Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:44 pm

Well, he used the word "admits", so it's likely good news..

T_SAN
Posts: 28
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:01 am

Re: NU (NW?) Apps '11-'12 - Congratulations RD Admits! <3

Postby T_SAN » Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:45 pm

So much for all the "admits" today....put on hold. Stats in profile. He really got my hopes up with that tweet.

User avatar
Samara
Posts: 3245
Joined: Wed May 11, 2011 4:26 pm

Re: NU (NW?) Apps '11-'12 - Congratulations RD Admits! <3

Postby Samara » Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:45 pm

T_SAN wrote:So much for all the "admits" today....put on hold. Stats in profile. He really got my hopes up with that tweet.

That sucks. :|

User avatar
givemea170
Posts: 439
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:42 pm

Re: NU (NW?) Apps '11-'12 - Congratulations RD Admits! <3

Postby givemea170 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:46 pm

I'm debating sending a why northwestern? Any chance it gets me off hold?

User avatar
Samara
Posts: 3245
Joined: Wed May 11, 2011 4:26 pm

Re: NU (NW?) Apps '11-'12 - Congratulations RD Admits! <3

Postby Samara » Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:46 pm

givemea170 wrote:I'm debating sending a why northwestern? Any chance it gets me off hold?

Johann loves the Why Northwestern. Do it.

T_SAN
Posts: 28
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:01 am

Re: NU (NW?) Apps '11-'12 - Congratulations RD Admits! <3

Postby T_SAN » Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:15 pm

.

Chicago3
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:51 pm

Re: NU (NW?) Apps '11-'12 - Congratulations RD Admits! <3

Postby Chicago3 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:52 pm

Any news on the admits today? Kind of weird it's been all quiet.

User avatar
Smumps
Posts: 332
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:37 pm

Re: NU (NW?) Apps '11-'12 - Congratulations RD Admits! <3

Postby Smumps » Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:06 pm

The merit/need aid survey is hard. Anyone else watching their cursor blink?

legalabogada
Posts: 42
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:21 pm

Re: NU (NW?) Apps '11-'12 - Congratulations RD Admits! <3

Postby legalabogada » Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:01 am

.
Last edited by legalabogada on Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
la Rochejaquelein
Posts: 96
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:00 pm

Re: NU (NW?) Apps '11-'12 - Congratulations RD Admits! <3

Postby la Rochejaquelein » Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:44 pm

Dinged while on a ski lift. Is that a first? :?

User avatar
JamMasterJ
Posts: 6688
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:17 pm

Re: NU (NW?) Apps '11-'12 - Congratulations RD Admits! <3

Postby JamMasterJ » Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:37 pm

has anyone that Johann is following on G+ been added to this new circle? If so, has he said anything about holds lately?

ethelcakes
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:47 pm

Re: NU (NW?) Apps '11-'12 - Congratulations RD Admits! <3

Postby ethelcakes » Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:58 pm

Johann's G+ posts...
"For those of you choosing btw Diverse Admit Dad (DAD) and Admitted Student Weekend (ASW), my advice is to do both. WHY? They each give a different view of the Law School. ASW is a larger event with differentiated programming to answer the many questions that you might have. DAD is a smaller more intimate environment. Because it is smaller, there are more opportunities for 1on1 discussions on specific questions you may have. Both are great-- just different."

AND

Johann Lee - Yesterday 1:03 PM - Limited
The difference btw "hold" and "waitlist"

"Since every school has different procedures, YMMV with this answer.

To me, being placed on hold is NOT the same as a waitlist. Why? When we place applicants on hold, the committee is still actively reading a large number of applications for that degree program. When we place an applicant on the waitlist, the committee has completed initial review of nearly all applications for that degree program. End result may seem the same-- but there is a procedural difference."

Hope that helps!

User avatar
JamMasterJ
Posts: 6688
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:17 pm

Re: NU (NW?) Apps '11-'12 - Congratulations RD Admits! <3

Postby JamMasterJ » Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:08 pm

ethelcakes wrote:Johann's G+ posts...
"For those of you choosing btw Diverse Admit Dad (DAD) and Admitted Student Weekend (ASW), my advice is to do both. WHY? They each give a different view of the Law School. ASW is a larger event with differentiated programming to answer the many questions that you might have. DAD is a smaller more intimate environment. Because it is smaller, there are more opportunities for 1on1 discussions on specific questions you may have. Both are great-- just different."

AND

Johann Lee - Yesterday 1:03 PM - Limited
The difference btw "hold" and "waitlist"

"Since every school has different procedures, YMMV with this answer.

To me, being placed on hold is NOT the same as a waitlist. Why? When we place applicants on hold, the committee is still actively reading a large number of applications for that degree program. When we place an applicant on the waitlist, the committee has completed initial review of nearly all applications for that degree program. End result may seem the same-- but there is a procedural difference."

Hope that helps!

oh, I guess I have everything then. Thanks

User avatar
jrthor10
Posts: 364
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:33 am

Re: NU (NW?) Apps '11-'12 - Congratulations RD Admits! <3

Postby jrthor10 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:20 pm

Is there an appropriate and coherent way to explain that I would give up my right arm to be taken off hold and admitted?

User avatar
JamMasterJ
Posts: 6688
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:17 pm

Re: NU (NW?) Apps '11-'12 - Congratulations RD Admits! <3

Postby JamMasterJ » Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:22 pm

jrthor10 wrote:Is there an appropriate and coherent way to explain that I would give up my right arm to be taken off hold and admitted?

https://plus.google.com/102552009136948752045/posts

User avatar
crumpetsandtea
Posts: 7156
Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:57 pm

Re: NU (NW?) Apps '11-'12 - Congratulations RD Admits! <3

Postby crumpetsandtea » Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:09 pm

jrthor10 wrote:Is there an appropriate and coherent way to explain that I would give up my right arm to be taken off hold and admitted?

At the risk of outing myself terribly (hi lurking adcomms >_>), I made a G+ post that said this almost verbatim (though I believe it was in the form of a quip about giving up an arm and a leg because they would =$200K). Johann commented on it after I got in saying Congratulations. :P

User avatar
franklyscarlet
Posts: 2915
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:16 pm

Re: NU (NW?) Apps '11-'12 - Congratulations RD Admits! <3

Postby franklyscarlet » Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:11 pm

jrthor10 wrote:Is there an appropriate and coherent way to explain that I would give up my right arm to be taken off hold and admitted?


If you need LOCI editing/writing help, let me know. Just finished one for Michigan that went through many, many drafts.

onionz
Posts: 407
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:22 pm

Re: NU (NW?) Apps '11-'12 - Congratulations RD Admits! <3

Postby onionz » Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:25 pm

What event is this that Johann is tweeting about? --LinkRemoved-- Some info session or an accepted students day?

User avatar
JamMasterJ
Posts: 6688
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:17 pm

Re: NU (NW?) Apps '11-'12 - Congratulations RD Admits! <3

Postby JamMasterJ » Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:44 am

crumpetsandtea wrote:
jrthor10 wrote:Is there an appropriate and coherent way to explain that I would give up my right arm to be taken off hold and admitted?

At the risk of outing myself terribly (hi lurking adcomms >_>), I made a G+ post that said this almost verbatim (though I believe it was in the form of a quip about giving up an arm and a leg because they would =$200K). Johann commented on it after I got in saying Congratulations. :P

I'm pretty sure he knows who you are

User avatar
crumpetsandtea
Posts: 7156
Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:57 pm

Re: NU (NW?) Apps '11-'12 - Congratulations RD Admits! <3

Postby crumpetsandtea » Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:10 am

JamMasterJ wrote:
crumpetsandtea wrote:
jrthor10 wrote:Is there an appropriate and coherent way to explain that I would give up my right arm to be taken off hold and admitted?

At the risk of outing myself terribly (hi lurking adcomms >_>), I made a G+ post that said this almost verbatim (though I believe it was in the form of a quip about giving up an arm and a leg because they would =$200K). Johann commented on it after I got in saying Congratulations. :P

I'm pretty sure he knows who you are

Unsure how I should feel about this.

Probably frightened. ):

User avatar
elibrarian
Posts: 336
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:49 am

Re: NU (NW?) Apps '11-'12 - Congratulations RD Admits! <3

Postby elibrarian » Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:36 am

onionz wrote:What event is this that Johann is tweeting about? --LinkRemoved-- Some info session or an accepted students day?


That would be the admitted students/alumni event in NYC. Which was pretty great, actually.

AlexGrace
Posts: 58
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:49 pm

Re: NU (NW?) Apps '11-'12 - Congratulations RD Admits! <3

Postby AlexGrace » Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:28 am

elibrarian wrote:
onionz wrote:What event is this that Johann is tweeting about? --LinkRemoved-- Some info session or an accepted students day?


That would be the admitted students/alumni event in NYC. Which was pretty great, actually.


I didn't get a chance to introduce myself! :-( Oh well, I probably would have said something dumb like "I love your tweets."

User avatar
elibrarian
Posts: 336
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:49 am

Re: NU (NW?) Apps '11-'12 - Congratulations RD Admits! <3

Postby elibrarian » Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:13 pm

AlexGrace wrote:
elibrarian wrote:
onionz wrote:What event is this that Johann is tweeting about? --LinkRemoved-- Some info session or an accepted students day?


That would be the admitted students/alumni event in NYC. Which was pretty great, actually.


I didn't get a chance to introduce myself! :-( Oh well, I probably would have said something dumb like "I love your tweets."


Haha I think he would have appreciated that!

User avatar
Tiago Splitter
Posts: 15518
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:20 am

Re: NU (NW?) Apps '11-'12 - Congratulations RD Admits! <3

Postby Tiago Splitter » Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:16 pm

Finished the Northwestern financial aid questionnaire. Felt like applying all over again.

User avatar
Boston_NYG2245
Posts: 238
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:00 pm

Re: NU (NW?) Apps '11-'12 - Congratulations RD Admits! <3

Postby Boston_NYG2245 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:28 pm

Tiago Splitter wrote:Finished the Northwestern financial aid questionnaire. Felt like applying all over again.


I'm in the process of filling it out myself, how many essays are there? just so I can get a sense for whether I should try to do it all today or spread it out over the next two days...




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”