NU Apps '11-'12 - Good Luck Hold Candidates!!!! <3

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
cmob

Re: NU (NW?) Apps '11-'12 - Congratulations RD Admits! <3

Postby cmob » Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:20 pm

WOOO!! Accepted today and officially attending in the Fall. Wow.

BTW - Anyone who is visiting in the next few months, I live about a 10 minute walk from the law campus. If you're visiting, need someone to scout out parts of the campus, or desperately need a futon to crash on, PM me. Never too early to meet my future classmates/coworkers :)

mottainai

Postby mottainai » Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:35 am

bbalcrzy23 wrote:
Unagi wrote:
initech wrote:Are there other ED Holds still waiting to hear?

Twitter mentions decisions today, but JD wasn't included.

me!

+1

Same. :(

elizcbeth

Postby elizcbeth » Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:29 pm

mottainai wrote:
bbalcrzy23 wrote:
Unagi wrote:
initech wrote:Are there other ED Holds still waiting to hear?

Twitter mentions decisions today, but JD wasn't included.

me!

+1

Same. :(

Same! Is there anything that I can do to help? I did an interview and wrote a Why NU, but I haven't done anything since then.

46nyc

Postby 46nyc » Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:45 pm

On twitter Johann mentioned a G+ circle for holds and admits with longer content - I have a G+ account but don't use it at all and cannot figure out how to get to this circle. His tweet just links to his G+ profile and shows the last post is from November. Can someone post the link to the circle if you've found it? I'd appreciate it so much. Thank you!

crumpetsandtea

Postby crumpetsandtea » Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:11 pm

46nyc wrote:On twitter Johann mentioned a G+ circle for holds and admits with longer content - I have a G+ account but don't use it at all and cannot figure out how to get to this circle. His tweet just links to his G+ profile and shows the last post is from November. Can someone post the link to the circle if you've found it? I'd appreciate it so much. Thank you!

There is no 'link to the circle' - you have to get a G+ account add him to your circle first, then he will add you back, and presumably check to see if you are on the admits/holds list and put you in the appropriate circle.

I added him way back in November, and the latest post on his page that I can see is from Feb. 17th and is about hold candidates, so I assume he has already gone through all his current connections on G+ and has switched admits/holds over to the new circle.

fingerscrossedxx

Postby fingerscrossedxx » Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:52 pm

crumpetsandtea wrote:
46nyc wrote:On twitter Johann mentioned a G+ circle for holds and admits with longer content - I have a G+ account but don't use it at all and cannot figure out how to get to this circle. His tweet just links to his G+ profile and shows the last post is from November. Can someone post the link to the circle if you've found it? I'd appreciate it so much. Thank you!

There is no 'link to the circle' - you have to get a G+ account add him to your circle first, then he will add you back, and presumably check to see if you are on the admits/holds list and put you in the appropriate circle.

I added him way back in November, and the latest post on his page that I can see is from Feb. 17th and is about hold candidates, so I assume he has already gone through all his current connections on G+ and has switched admits/holds over to the new circle.

I posted a quote a few pages back of what the latest post. Here it is again for you lovely people :)

At this point, the Committee has read through 67% of the current applicant pool. Which means, depending on the remaining 1/3 of the pool, we may start evaluation of the hold list sooner than in previous years. If you are on hold and have not completed an interview, it's important to do one. If you wish to remain on hold, but have not done the on-line form, you should probably do the form.

46nyc

Postby 46nyc » Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:07 am

fingerscrossedxx wrote:
crumpetsandtea wrote:

I posted a quote a few pages back of what the latest post. Here it is again for you lovely people :)

At this point, the Committee has read through 67% of the current applicant pool. Which means, depending on the remaining 1/3 of the pool, we may start evaluation of the hold list sooner than in previous years. If you are on hold and have not completed an interview, it's important to do one. If you wish to remain on hold, but have not done the on-line form, you should probably do the form.

Thank you both! If only G+ was as simple as twitter...

imjustjoking22

Postby imjustjoking22 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:30 am

46nyc wrote:
fingerscrossedxx wrote:
crumpetsandtea wrote:

Thank you both! If only G+ was as simple as twitter...

It's pretty close ;)

Mr. Somebody

Postby Mr. Somebody » Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:19 pm

Are any other hold candidates planning to do the essay questions? They sound like total BS to me.

Flips88

Postby Flips88 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:31 pm

Mr. Somebody wrote:Are any other hold candidates planning to do the essay questions? They sound like total BS to me.

Do them. It's better than doing nothing.

bk1

Postby bk1 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:32 pm

Flips88 wrote:
Mr. Somebody wrote:Are any other hold candidates planning to do the essay questions? They sound like total BS to me.

Do them. It's better than doing nothing.

Unagi

Postby Unagi » Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:43 pm

essay questions? :|

initech

Postby initech » Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:16 pm

Unagi wrote:essay questions? :|

I believe these essays are for regular decision holds. I may be incorrect - maybe someone else can confirm this. I did not receive any request for additional essays.

JamMasterJ

Postby JamMasterJ » Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:18 pm

where are the essay questions?

Mr. Somebody

Postby Mr. Somebody » Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:20 pm

JamMasterJ wrote:

In the hold letter, go to the FAQ link. One of them is about meeting a ficitional TV character.... :roll:

Want_My_Life_Back

Postby Want_My_Life_Back » Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:24 pm

Edit: I was apparently very incorrect.

Unagi wrote:essay questions? :|

Flips88

Postby Flips88 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:38 pm

Mr. Somebody wrote:
JamMasterJ wrote:

In the hold letter, go to the FAQ link. One of them is about meeting a ficitional TV character.... :roll:

I mean, if you don't want the adcomm to know about you as a person, then don't write them. It gives you a chance to be less formal than in a personal statement and write about something that interests you. just my two cents. I did 2 of the 3 last year.

JamMasterJ

Postby JamMasterJ » Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:39 pm

Flips88 wrote:
Mr. Somebody wrote:
JamMasterJ wrote:

I mean, if you don't want the adcomm to know about you as a person, then don't write them. It gives you a chance to be less formal than in a personal statement and write about something that interests you. just my two cents. I did 2 of the 3 last year.

did you submit them at the same time or did you do one, submit, do the second, submit?

Flips88

Postby Flips88 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:45 pm

JamMasterJ wrote:did you submit them at the same time or did you do one, submit, do the second, submit?

Both at the same time I think. Don't know what the ones this year are but last year they were (1) whether social media is good or bad for society, (2) if you could have dinner with one fictional person, who would it be, and (3) describe your perfect day. I did 1 and 3

Mr. Somebody

Postby Mr. Somebody » Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:46 pm

Flips88 wrote:
Mr. Somebody wrote:
JamMasterJ wrote:

Thanks, I think I'll do them.

Also, I just read the rest of the hold FAQ, and maybe they're just hedging but it doesn't exactly make the prospects of getting off the hold list sound promising.

zapcaz

Postby zapcaz » Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:47 pm

Flips88 wrote:
JamMasterJ wrote:(3) describe your perfect day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3w0eACxtoc

bk1

Postby bk1 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:50 pm

Mr. Somebody wrote:Also, I just read the rest of the hold FAQ, and maybe they're just hedging but it doesn't exactly make the prospects of getting off the hold list sound promising.

Your prospects of getting off hold aren't promising. IIRC, most holds are waitlisted and most waitlisteds don't get in.

That being said, there's no reason not to do the hold essays. Initially I set out to do all 3 but couldn't find it in myself to bullshit 1 of them so I only submitted 2.

ethelcakes

Postby ethelcakes » Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:03 pm

Would anyone who was put on hold be willing to list the questions included in their hold letter? I am wait listed for the AJD and am hoping to give Northwestern any information that would help the admissions committee admit me from the wait list. Thanks!

givemea170

Postby givemea170 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:06 pm

I didn't see any essay questions?

zapcaz

Postby zapcaz » Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:32 pm

@tweetsbyjohann - "Small batch of JD admits going out later this afternoon."

Ooo Ooo pick me pick me...but only if it is good news :wink:

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”