NU Apps '11-'12 - Good Luck Hold Candidates!!!! <3

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
jonmraz73

Re: NU (NW?) Apps '11-'12 - Congratulations RD Admits! <3

Postby jonmraz73 » Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:38 am

ethelcakes wrote:AJD Waitlisted... I wish I weren't so bad at waiting!

Sorry to hear you were waitlisted. That's frustrating! What is your profile?

skitlets

Postby skitlets » Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:03 am

Congrats to the admits. Rejected today but no surprise there.

ViennaGraben

Postby ViennaGraben » Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:39 pm

ViennaGraben wrote:Hey everyone, longtime lurker, first time poster on this thread. Anyone still unable to download a decision letter? My status checker changed to say my letter would be available in 24 hrs (and I got an email stating the same), but when I log into the decision retrieval system, I don't see a link to download the letter. Under status it just says the date my app was received and went complete. Do I just have to keep waiting?? Le sigh.

Congrats to all the admits so far!

I still can't download my letter, any ideas for me? Has it taken anyone else this long before there's a link to download available after getting the email/status checker change? Thanks!

initech

Postby initech » Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:47 pm

tbc83 wrote:
Smushface wrote:Any ED holds still waiting around? Think a LOCI is worth it?

I am and I'm gonna write one this weekend I think. Given that we haven't been admitted or rejected yet we must be bubble candidates, so I don't see how it could hurt.

Another ED hold here.

jhw219

Postby jhw219 » Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:00 pm

ViennaGraben wrote:
ViennaGraben wrote:Hey everyone, longtime lurker, first time poster on this thread. Anyone still unable to download a decision letter? My status checker changed to say my letter would be available in 24 hrs (and I got an email stating the same), but when I log into the decision retrieval system, I don't see a link to download the letter. Under status it just says the date my app was received and went complete. Do I just have to keep waiting?? Le sigh.

I still can't download my letter, any ideas for me? Has it taken anyone else this long before there's a link to download available after getting the email/status checker change? Thanks!

Hmm that's really weird. If you still can't see it by the end of the weekend I would call them. I was able to see my letter a couple hours after the status checker change and that was another few hours before I got the e-mail.

cactuarX3

Postby cactuarX3 » Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:09 pm

ViennaGraben wrote:

My status changed on a Friday too and I couldn't download my letter until the following Monday. But usually they send you an email before that...

ViennaGraben

Postby ViennaGraben » Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:26 pm

cactuarX3 wrote:
ViennaGraben wrote:

My status changed on a Friday too and I couldn't download my letter until the following Monday. But usually they send you an email before that...

Thanks for the notes, both of you. Did your email have your letter in it, or welcoming you to the class or something? Mine just linked me to the decision letter delivery system to view my decision but didn't say anything else. Maybe it's not good news... I'll follow your advice and wait till Monday to contact them. Glad I've heard good news from a couple other schools on my list, otherwise the waiting would be awful! Thanks again!

chill

Postby chill » Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:04 pm

ViennaGraben wrote:
cactuarX3 wrote:
ViennaGraben wrote:

Thanks for the notes, both of you. Did your email have your letter in it, or welcoming you to the class or something? Mine just linked me to the decision letter delivery system to view my decision but didn't say anything else. Maybe it's not good news... I'll follow your advice and wait till Monday to contact them. Glad I've heard good news from a couple other schools on my list, otherwise the waiting would be awful! Thanks again!

FWIW, I got two emails: one alerting me that my letter was available and a second welcoming me to Northwestern's class of 2015. So I'm not certain it's good news for you (sorry! holding out hope it is!).

brooke.of.berk

Postby brooke.of.berk » Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:52 pm

On hold! This is exciting – honestly, based on my LSAT and how late I applied, I was anticipating an instant reject. Time to get cracking on my LOCI. :) Anyone else in the same situation?

mjd

Postby mjd » Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:19 pm

On hold! This is exciting – honestly, based on my LSAT and how late I applied, I was anticipating an instant reject. Time to get cracking on my LOCI. :) Anyone else in the same situation?

When did you go complete?

brooke.of.berk

Postby brooke.of.berk » Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:25 pm

mjd wrote:

1/17

mjd

Postby mjd » Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:30 pm

brooke.of.berk wrote:
mjd wrote:

1/17

I went complete 1/18. Maybe there's some hope I'll hear this week.

CommoBlue

Postby CommoBlue » Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:40 pm

Hey guys, apologies if this has already been covered. Is there an "In at Northwestern" thread or is this one pulling double duty? Thanks!

Kikero

Postby Kikero » Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:41 pm

CommoBlue wrote:Hey guys, apologies if this has already been covered. Is there an "In at Northwestern" thread or is this one pulling double duty? Thanks!

Here ya go:

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=169206

Samara

Postby Samara » Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:46 pm

Kikero wrote:
CommoBlue wrote:Hey guys, apologies if this has already been covered. Is there an "In at Northwestern" thread or is this one pulling double duty? Thanks!

Here ya go:

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=169206

This thread is still alive as well if you have questions: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=142200

moxy

Postby moxy » Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:18 am

mjd wrote:
brooke.of.berk wrote:
mjd wrote:

1/17

I went complete 1/18. Maybe there's some hope I'll hear this week.

I am hoping for some kind of a response this week. My status check updated to 2/3 after an on campus interview. With my numbers, I am not too optimistic about my chances.. but it would still be nice to know the outcome :)

mmk33

Postby mmk33 » Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:12 am

I submitted 1/6/12 and have had no movement since then (3.75 169). I didn't schedule an interview because it was past the date for scheduling one out of state, and I live 1500 miles away. Is my application in a garbage can somewhere in Evanston?

Samara

Postby Samara » Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:14 am

mmk33 wrote:I submitted 1/6/12 and have had no movement since then (3.75 169). I didn't schedule an interview because it was past the date for scheduling one out of state, and I live 1500 miles away. Is my application in a garbage can somewhere in Evanston?

Northwestern seems to be treading carefully, so don't be discouraged that you haven't heard back yet.

jrthor10

Postby jrthor10 » Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:15 am

mmk33 wrote:I submitted 1/6/12 and have had no movement since then (3.75 169). I didn't schedule an interview because it was past the date for scheduling one out of state, and I live 1500 miles away. Is my application in a garbage can somewhere in Evanston?

God I hope not. Same complete date with 3.4, 171. I am sure they are preparing our extra special acceptance letters, right?

Eugenie Danglars

Postby Eugenie Danglars » Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:15 pm

I can guarantee you that this is 100% not the case! ;-) Good luck!

rinkrat19

Postby rinkrat19 » Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:21 pm

Eugenie Danglars wrote:

I can guarantee you that this is 100% not the case! ;-) Good luck!
A garbage can in Streeterville, maybe... j/k :wink:

They do seem to be proceeding slowly. All hope is not lost.

bdubs

Postby bdubs » Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:43 pm

It's not surprising that your app is moving slowly. You are below both "official" medians (although in reality you're probably at or very near the GPA median). However, you're so close that you are not an auto-reject, more of a "consider."

T_SAN

Postby T_SAN » Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:18 pm

Finally a second complete update today (submitted 1/9ish, complete 1/17). Had a really solid on-campus interview, wrote the optional why-x. Living in Lincoln park right now, would love to move a mile south.

mmk33

Postby mmk33 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:43 am

bdubs wrote:

It's not surprising that your app is moving slowly. You are below both "official" medians (although in reality you're probably at or very near the GPA median). However, you're so close that you are not an auto-reject, more of a "consider."

You may be right. I'm one LSAT point and .05 gpa points below last year's medians, although I have various intangibles in my application that should eventually help me get through. It's still amazing to me what a numbers game the law school admissions process is. I'm in the same holding pattern simultaneously at northwestern, UVA, and Duke, and if I guess correctly or misbubble luckily one or two questions on the december test I'm probably already in at least one of these places. Well, I guess I can wait and hopefully there'll be good news at the end of the day.

Samara

Postby Samara » Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:52 am

T_SAN wrote:Finally a second complete update today (submitted 1/9ish, complete 1/17). Had a really solid on-campus interview, wrote the optional why-x. Living in Lincoln park right now, would love to move a mile south.

You wouldn't just stay in Lincoln Park? Many NU students live there.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”