NU Apps '11-'12 - Good Luck Hold Candidates!!!! <3

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Mr. Somebody

Re: NU (NW?) Apps '11-'12 - Congratulations RD Admits! <3

Postby Mr. Somebody » Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:55 pm

Could this possibly signify they are low on cash and will be less generous with schollys?

tjddk

Postby tjddk » Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:56 pm

Mr. Somebody wrote:Could this possibly signify they are low on cash and will be less generous with schollys?

Or that they've decided to divert such money to more schollys... Wouldn't read too much into it.

bdubs

Postby bdubs » Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:14 pm

Mr. Somebody wrote:Could this possibly signify they are low on cash and will be less generous with schollys?

More likely a story of new dean, new policies. He probably wanted to use that money on something else, or just saw it as a waste (which it was).

Rdubs

Postby Rdubs » Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:26 pm

ethelcakes wrote:AJDs.... hang in there! If anyone hears, would they please post ASAP? My status checker hasn't changed to the "decision will be released in 24h" post that I read about on TLS yesterday... Nevertheless, hopefully I will hear today!

+1

jonmraz73

Postby jonmraz73 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:37 pm

Johann just posted an update for AJD:

Johann @tweetsbyjohann
we hope to- however, there are some apps that are not even close complete yet

Rdubs wrote:
ethelcakes wrote:AJDs.... hang in there! If anyone hears, would they please post ASAP? My status checker hasn't changed to the "decision will be released in 24h" post that I read about on TLS yesterday... Nevertheless, hopefully I will hear today!

+1

polkadots1085

Postby polkadots1085 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:31 pm

jonmraz73 wrote:Have any AJD heard back today?

Hi fellow AJD's! Maybe it's a good thing not to hear back today. I heard back, and unfortunately, it's a no go. Expected. Good luck to those waiting!

jonmraz73

Postby jonmraz73 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:51 pm

polkadots1085 wrote:
jonmraz73 wrote:Have any AJD heard back today?

Hi fellow AJD's! Maybe it's a good thing not to hear back today. I heard back, and unfortunately, it's a no go. Expected. Good luck to those waiting!

What time did you hear? What is your profile?

polkadots1085

Postby polkadots1085 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:00 pm

I heard back this morning shortly after they updated twitter feed. I couldn't access the letter/decision until a few hrs later. My gpa is prob at 25% and GMAT was pretty dismal (I know). I have an MBA. Was hoping my essays and softs would help get me a waitlist or something.

Rdubs

Postby Rdubs » Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:28 pm

polkadots1085 wrote:I heard back this morning shortly after they updated twitter feed. I couldn't access the letter/decision until a few hrs later. My gpa is prob at 25% and GMAT was pretty dismal (I know). I have an MBA. Was hoping my essays and softs would help get me a waitlist or something.

Sorry to hear that = [

ethelcakes

Still waiting!

Postby ethelcakes » Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:17 pm

WARGH! Is anyone else still waiting for an AJD response? I had my application complete 1/17 and I still haven't heard... What does it mean?!?

spakesneaker

Postby spakesneaker » Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:34 am

Got held on Monday as well.

I'm in at NYU and since nyc is my hometown I'm 90% leaning towards there.

But I would also like Northwestern as an option. I'm thinking of going to campus to do an interview. I could find a cheap flight and stay with relatives. And get a better feel for the campus and city, sit in on classes, etc. The last (and only) time I went to Chicago was almost eight years ago.

Kicking myself for not applying earlier. I'm a splitter with WE (but only 2 yrs) so NU should at least kind of love me. It was after Dec 1st, too, so I couldn't schedule an interview. Can't remember whether I wrote a Why Northwestern? app, and too lazy to check.

Also going to send a LOCI.

If I do get in, is it more likely I'll get zero scholarship money since I was held to begin with?

SmbdyBringMeSomeHam

Postby SmbdyBringMeSomeHam » Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:41 am

I sent in my LOCI to NU tonight and have a hold on-campus interview scheduled for 3/13.

Now my former manager has volunteered to write me a recommendation...but how do I send it? I know that they want everything sent via e-mail, but does that mean that my manager has to print out, sign, and then scan a copy of the rec and then send it to them in an e-mail from her e-mail account? Or do I send it from mine? Sorry if this is a stupid question...I just want to get this right.

JamMasterJ

Postby JamMasterJ » Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:02 am

spakesneaker wrote:Got held on Monday as well.

I'm in at NYU and since nyc is my hometown I'm 90% leaning towards there.

But I would also like Northwestern as an option. I'm thinking of going to campus to do an interview. I could find a cheap flight and stay with relatives. And get a better feel for the campus and city, sit in on classes, etc. The last (and only) time I went to Chicago was almost eight years ago.

Kicking myself for not applying earlier. I'm a splitter with WE (but only 2 yrs) so NU should at least kind of love me. It was after Dec 1st, too, so I couldn't schedule an interview. Can't remember whether I wrote a Why Northwestern? app, and too lazy to check.

Also going to send a LOCI.

If I do get in, is it more likely I'll get zero scholarship money since I was held to begin with?

Not necessarily. People with numbers like a lot of those who were held got 60K in past years. I don't think the fact that we were held is going to deter them from giving decent schollies. They seemed to utilize hold a ton this year, and in reality, a hold isn't a waitlist.

SmbdyBringMeSomeHam

Postby SmbdyBringMeSomeHam » Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:16 am

Also...is anyone doing the optional essay?

Samara

Postby Samara » Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:08 am

SmbdyBringMeSomeHam wrote:I sent in my LOCI to NU tonight and have a hold on-campus interview scheduled for 3/13.

Now my former manager has volunteered to write me a recommendation...but how do I send it? I know that they want everything sent via e-mail, but does that mean that my manager has to print out, sign, and then scan a copy of the rec and then send it to them in an e-mail from her e-mail account? Or do I send it from mine? Sorry if this is a stupid question...I just want to get this right.

Usually, schools want LORs sent through LSAC. You could email them to let them know its coming, but they will probably want it through LSAC.

SmbdyBringMeSomeHam

Postby SmbdyBringMeSomeHam » Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:32 am

Samara wrote:
SmbdyBringMeSomeHam wrote:I sent in my LOCI to NU tonight and have a hold on-campus interview scheduled for 3/13.

Usually, schools want LORs sent through LSAC. You could email them to let them know its coming, but they will probably want it through LSAC.

I just e-mailed them and - within less than 120 seconds, I shit you not - they responded, saying I should submit them via e-mail. I guess I'll just request one from my university to be sent to myself, and then scan it and attach it to an e-mail.

foxylaxy

Postby foxylaxy » Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:02 pm

I missed the topanga fest yesterday!
Happy Hump Day!

ethelcakes

Postby ethelcakes » Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:18 pm

According to twitter- 45m NU Law Admissions@nulawadmissions
We have another batch of AJD decisions going out today. Notifications shortly!

If anyone hears from them... please be so kind as to post- the wait (2/1->2/6->2/7...)is driving me crazy!!!

arewehavingfunyet

Postby arewehavingfunyet » Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:52 pm

Withdrew my app, hopefully one of you guys gets my spot!

Rdubs

Postby Rdubs » Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:09 pm

ethelcakes wrote:According to twitter- 45m NU Law Admissions@nulawadmissions
We have another batch of AJD decisions going out today. Notifications shortly!

If anyone hears from them... please be so kind as to post- the wait (2/1->2/6->2/7...)is driving me crazy!!!

+1

gatorapplicant

Postby gatorapplicant » Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:12 pm

debating traveling to chicago for a hold interview. it's a little difficult to manage financially and logistically for me... does anyone have any thoughts/knowledge on how big of a factor completing a hold interview is?

thelawschoolproject

Postby thelawschoolproject » Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:21 pm

foxylaxy wrote:I missed the topanga fest yesterday!
Happy Hump Day!

This was one of my favorite episodes.

jrthor10

Postby jrthor10 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:20 pm

Why is this thread so dead???

I am still waiting and the lack of movement in this thread makes me feel very alone....

kennethellenparcell

Postby kennethellenparcell » Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:46 pm

Don't worry, tomorrow is decision day! As Johann has just tweeted:

@tweetsbyjohann wrote: there will be movement tomorrow :)

jrthor10 wrote:Why is this thread so dead???

I am still waiting and the lack of movement in this thread makes me feel very alone....

franklyscarlet

Postby franklyscarlet » Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:48 pm

jrthor10 wrote:Why is this thread so dead???

We're still here! And hopefully tomorrow you'll be joining us in mass celebration :)

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”