NU Apps '11-'12 - Good Luck Hold Candidates!!!! <3

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
southernsuperstar

Re: NU (NW?) Apps '11-'12 - Congratulations RD Admits! <3

Postby southernsuperstar » Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:29 pm

crumpetsandtea wrote:
southernsuperstar wrote:Held :( Definitely will submit LOCI, but other than that, what to do? :?

Wait, unfortunately ):

so sad...wish I could be planning a visit to the beauty bar!

crumpetsandtea

Postby crumpetsandtea » Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:37 pm

southernsuperstar wrote:so sad...wish I could be planning a visit to the beauty bar!

:cry: :cry: I hope they take you early enough that you can still come and hang out with us!!! There's still plenty of time, 2.5 months!

ConfidenceMan2

Postby ConfidenceMan2 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:40 pm

So assuming this week's decisions resemble last week, what pattern should be expected? Admits next, then dings? If I'm not getting held/WLed I'm fairly certain I'm headed for the DING thanks to an awful interview.

And sorry to all those who got held today. Except for to those of you who got held but will eventually get in anyway (hopefully, all of you).

SmbdyBringMeSomeHam

Postby SmbdyBringMeSomeHam » Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:43 pm

Held. No ham for me today :(

southernsuperstar

Postby southernsuperstar » Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:48 pm

crumpetsandtea wrote:
southernsuperstar wrote:so sad...wish I could be planning a visit to the beauty bar!

:cry: :cry: I hope they take you early enough that you can still come and hang out with us!!! There's still plenty of time, 2.5 months!

Your optimism gives me hope :)

crumpetsandtea

Postby crumpetsandtea » Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:50 pm

southernsuperstar wrote:
crumpetsandtea wrote:

GOOD!! <3 :mrgreen:

justicefishy

Postby justicefishy » Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:54 pm

crumpetsandtea wrote:
southernsuperstar wrote:
crumpetsandtea wrote:

GOOD!! <3 :mrgreen:

Very much hope! I will be writing my LOCI tonight and a Why Northwestern!

thelawschoolproject

Postby thelawschoolproject » Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:22 pm

I'd kinda like an acceptance to this school.

Thanks.

Dolorous Edd

Postby Dolorous Edd » Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:30 pm

georgeconstanza wrote:Held. Is that just another word for waitlist?

Interested in this. Does the graph at the beginning of this thread consider holds?

SmbdyBringMeSomeHam

Postby SmbdyBringMeSomeHam » Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:39 pm

For those of us who are held, does a LOCI suffice? Or should we be calling them up and bugging them? Considering that we're not WLed, it seems to me like that would be a bit much.

franklyscarlet

Postby franklyscarlet » Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:48 pm

thelawschoolproject wrote:I'd kinda like tlsp to get an acceptance to this school so she and scarlet can be besties and roomies forever.

Thanks.

hookem12

Postby hookem12 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:48 pm

Held, just filled out the online response thing. Why didn't they just reject me?

reb402

Postby reb402 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:50 pm

Held as well. I'm somewhat optimistic, since Northwestern was a big reach for me. I'm kind of excited to bolster my app with additional info, and I hope all of us holds are given another fair shot! THE GAME ISN'T OVER YET!

hookem12

Postby hookem12 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:57 pm

reb402 wrote:Held as well. I'm somewhat optimistic, since Northwestern was a big reach for me. I'm kind of excited to bolster my app with additional info, and I hope all of us holds are given another fair shot! THE GAME ISN'T OVER YET!

Very true! And "on campus hold interview" sounds like code for "fun weekend in Chicago" to me.

franklyscarlet

Postby franklyscarlet » Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:01 pm

hookem12 wrote:
reb402 wrote:Held as well. I'm somewhat optimistic, since Northwestern was a big reach for me. I'm kind of excited to bolster my app with additional info, and I hope all of us holds are given another fair shot! THE GAME ISN'T OVER YET!

Very true! And "on campus hold interview" sounds like code for "fun weekend in Chicago" to me.

I love your attitude!

SmbdyBringMeSomeHam

Postby SmbdyBringMeSomeHam » Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:07 pm

Can I ingest your lifeforce? 'Cause I wanna.

southernsuperstar

Postby southernsuperstar » Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:12 pm

I'm writing my LOCI...and I am SO tempted to say something along the lines of "the northwestern acceptances/denials/waitlists thread at top-law-schools.com has the nicest and most optimistic people ever and I'd really like to go to school with such people".

Somehow I don't think that's going to get me in though :oops:

crumpetsandtea

Postby crumpetsandtea » Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:41 pm

southernsuperstar wrote:I'm writing my LOCI...and I am SO tempted to say something along the lines of "the northwestern acceptances/denials/waitlists thread at top-law-schools.com has the nicest and most optimistic people ever and I'd really like to go to school with such people".

AWWW <3

You never know though, Johann is VERY internet/social media savvy! :lol:

southernsuperstar

Postby southernsuperstar » Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:16 pm

crumpetsandtea wrote:
southernsuperstar wrote:I'm writing my LOCI...and I am SO tempted to say something along the lines of "the northwestern acceptances/denials/waitlists thread at top-law-schools.com has the nicest and most optimistic people ever and I'd really like to go to school with such people".

AWWW <3

Hmm interesting thought. Maybe use TLS as an intro that leads into more normal reasons for liking Northwestern...

Samara

Postby Samara » Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:18 pm

southernsuperstar wrote:
crumpetsandtea wrote:

AWWW <3

Hmm interesting thought. Maybe use TLS as an intro that leads into more normal reasons for liking Northwestern...

I wrote something in my Why X about how every NU student and administrator I've met is nice. Students was code for TLSers, haha. So you could always do that.

Mr. Somebody

Postby Mr. Somebody » Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:39 pm

Has anyone done some LSN research on when holds can expect to hear back at the earliest? And does a hold basically mean even if we get in, we're not getting $$$? I'm quite discouraged as I've already done the on campus interview and Why NU?, don't know what else I can say that will let them know its one of my top choices.

BigBlueLaw

Postby BigBlueLaw » Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:45 pm

Held today too. Getting ready to plan a trip out to Chicago for the on-campus hold interviews. Good luck to everyone else.

SmbdyBringMeSomeHam

Postby SmbdyBringMeSomeHam » Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:49 pm

BigBlueLaw wrote:Held today too. Getting ready to plan a trip out to Chicago for the on-campus hold interviews. Good luck to everyone else.

Thanks, you too! I'm planning to fly out there in mid-March. Roundtrip flights from NYC are something like $60 on Spirit Airlines, so I'm gonna book ASAP. Is mid-March too late?

BigBlueLaw

Postby BigBlueLaw » Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:54 pm

SmbdyBringMeSomeHam wrote:
BigBlueLaw wrote:Held today too. Getting ready to plan a trip out to Chicago for the on-campus hold interviews. Good luck to everyone else.

Thanks, you too! I'm planning to fly out there in mid-March. Roundtrip flights from NYC are something like $60 on Spirit Airlines, so I'm gonna book ASAP. Is mid-March too late?

Yeah, flights aren't that bad just gotta make sure the hotel prices won't be ridiculous. I'm aiming for March 8/9th so I don't think mid-march is that bad.

SmbdyBringMeSomeHam

Postby SmbdyBringMeSomeHam » Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:03 pm

BigBlueLaw wrote:
SmbdyBringMeSomeHam wrote:

Yeah, flights aren't that bad just gotta make sure the hotel prices won't be ridiculous. I'm aiming for March 8/9th so I don't think mid-march is that bad.

I'm lucky that I have a friend in Chicago willing to host me, so I'm going to visit Northwestern and UChicago (if they haven't rejected me by then). I also have a friend in D.C. who's going to let me stay for when I want to visit Georgetown and GW, someone if Philly for UPenn, and a friend in Boston for if I want to visit BC and BU. I swear I didn't plan it, but it seems that my friends have been strategically placing themselves throughout the country for my benefit.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”