NU Apps '11-'12 - Good Luck Hold Candidates!!!! <3

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
thisisme

Re: NU (NW?) Apps '11-'12 - Congratulations RD Admits! <3

Postby thisisme » Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:28 pm

-
Last edited by thisisme on Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

JustE

Postby JustE » Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:32 pm

thisisme wrote:
@tweetsbyjohann
Johann
Nah- Asian ettiquette, when you give $100, needs to be a Ben. 5 20's is tacky. RT@Jubamos absolutely. that app fee you posted will do.

lol

Huh? I don't get it. I obviosly don't have enough Asian friends IRL.

Gotta step my Asian game up.

Looking at you, Crumps.

crumpetsandtea

Postby crumpetsandtea » Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:29 pm

JustE wrote:
thisisme wrote:
@tweetsbyjohann
Johann
Nah- Asian ettiquette, when you give $100, needs to be a Ben. 5 20's is tacky. RT@Jubamos absolutely. that app fee you posted will do.

lol

Looking at you, Crumps.

He's referring to the hong bao again -- hong bao is a Chinese tradition over the Lunar New Year where the adults give the kids red envelopes with money in them. He's making a joke that if you're going to give $100 to someone in the hong bao, you should do it with 1 $100 bill, instead of 5 $20 bills, because the 5 20s are tacky :P

JustE

Postby JustE » Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:32 pm

crumpetsandtea wrote:
JustE wrote:
thisisme wrote:
@tweetsbyjohann
Johann

lol

Looking at you, Crumps.

He's referring to the hong bao again -- hong bao is a Chinese tradition over the Lunar New Year where the adults give the kids red envelopes with money in them. He's making a joke that if you're going to give $100 to someone in the hong bao, you should do it with 1 $100 bill, instead of 5 $20 bills, because the 5 20s are tacky :P

Ah... Thanks! I learned something new!

I was actually more concerned with gaining a new friend... That would be you, Crumps... Humor fail :lol:

Want_My_Life_Back

Postby Want_My_Life_Back » Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:35 pm

crumpetsandtea wrote:
JustE wrote:
thisisme wrote:
@tweetsbyjohann
Johann

lol

Looking at you, Crumps.

Because you'd rather be driving an M3 than have a driveway full of Corollas.

crumpetsandtea

Postby crumpetsandtea » Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:40 pm

JustE wrote:Ah... Thanks! I learned something new!

I was actually more concerned with gaining a new friend... That would be you, Crumps... Humor fail :lol:

oh, I'm sorry, my aspieness filtered that part of the comment out :P But um, we already are friends!!! :D So you're well on your way to becoming asian-ified!

elibrarian

Postby elibrarian » Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:17 pm

So, financial aid question which makes me feel like an ass but.... I still have to fill out FAFSA and everything even though I'm obviously not getting additional aid, right? I will likely have to take out loans to live/eat/etc

rinkrat19

Postby rinkrat19 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:24 pm

elibrarian wrote:So, financial aid question which makes me feel like an ass but.... I still have to fill out FAFSA and everything even though I'm obviously not getting additional aid, right? I will likely have to take out loans to live/eat/etc
If you want loans, you fill out FAFSA and NeedAccess (I don't know about NU's little scholarship application with the essays.)

crumpetsandtea

Postby crumpetsandtea » Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:28 pm

elibrarian wrote:So, financial aid question which makes me feel like an ass but.... I still have to fill out FAFSA and everything even though I'm obviously not getting additional aid, right? I will likely have to take out loans to live/eat/etc

I mean, you might as well, if you have to do it for loans and stuffs.

I'm so nervous about my essays. I know that I'm probably not getting anything anyway, but I'm just so nervouusussssdkfjwfje

Eugenie Danglars

Postby Eugenie Danglars » Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:58 pm

The good news is you only have to fill in your own (and spouse's) info. No parent info for NU! WOOT!

franklyscarlet

Postby franklyscarlet » Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:00 am

Eugenie Danglars wrote:The good news is you only have to fill in your own (and spouse's) info. No parent info for NU! WOOT!

:D yessss. Because my own info is "don't you want to give the poor teacher some money?"

lsatcrazy

Postby lsatcrazy » Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:01 am

Eugenie Danglars wrote:The good news is you only have to fill in your own (and spouse's) info. No parent info for NU! WOOT!

I thought NeedAccess does require parent info (and you need NeedAccess for any scholly, merit or need-based)?

Eugenie Danglars

Postby Eugenie Danglars » Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:04 am

lsatcrazy wrote:

I thought NeedAccess does require parent info (and you need NeedAccess for any scholly, merit or need-based)?

IIRC, NeedAccess filters questions for school- NU doesn't require these questions, but other schools do, so you may see the parent questions if you are applying with NeedAccess for other schools.

JamMasterJ

Postby JamMasterJ » Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:45 am

Ok, so I haven't done any financial aid for any school yet (probably because I haven't gotten in anywhere yet).

What do I need to do and when are deadlines for things?

crumpetsandtea

Postby crumpetsandtea » Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:54 am

JamMasterJ wrote:Ok, so I haven't done any financial aid for any school yet (probably because I haven't gotten in anywhere yet).

I don't know any other schools' deadlines, but the one for NU is March 1st, and it's rolling. I think some schools are as early as Feb 15th, so I think it's best to just submit ASAP.

Of course, I'm also financial-doc-stupid, so maybe someone else should step in and take the reins on this question. :oops:

JamMasterJ

Postby JamMasterJ » Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:32 am

crumpetsandtea wrote:
JamMasterJ wrote:Ok, so I haven't done any financial aid for any school yet (probably because I haven't gotten in anywhere yet).

I don't know any other schools' deadlines, but the one for NU is March 1st, and it's rolling. I think some schools are as early as Feb 15th, so I think it's best to just submit ASAP.

Of course, I'm also financial-doc-stupid, so maybe someone else should step in and take the reins on this question. :oops:

also FAFSA. I think that's like the last day in February

citygirl000

Postby citygirl000 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:42 pm

Last edited by citygirl000 on Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

crumpetsandtea

Postby crumpetsandtea » Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:36 pm

citygirl000 wrote:I thought March 1st is the deadline for all of the schools for FAFSA and NeedAccess?

Like I said, I'm totally clueless about other schools, so that could very well be true. I only know for sure that NU expects the information by then.

cactuarX3

Postby cactuarX3 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:28 pm

This thread is real quiet now that crumpets and scarlet got in already. I wonder why....

crumpetsandtea

Postby crumpetsandtea » Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:31 pm

cactuarX3 wrote:This thread is real quiet now that crumpets and scarlet got in already. I wonder why....

:lol: Hey now! I still posted a lot after I got in. Still do. Besides, most of my posts before I got in weren't solely focused on my own lack of admissions. :mrgreen:

With that said, it has been pretty slow...let's fix thatttt!!

cactuarX3

Postby cactuarX3 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:50 pm

crumpetsandtea wrote:
cactuarX3 wrote:This thread is real quiet now that crumpets and scarlet got in already. I wonder why....

:lol: Hey now! I still posted a lot after I got in. Still do. Besides, most of my posts before I got in weren't solely focused on my own lack of admissions. :mrgreen:

Agreed! I was actually always wondering if that picture from Johann's twitter page is a self portrait? Reminds me so much of Mr. Miyagi from Karate Kid...

chill

Postby chill » Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:51 pm

cactuarX3 wrote:
crumpetsandtea wrote:

Agreed! I was actually always wondering if that picture from Johann's twitter page is a self portrait? Reminds me so much of Mr. Miyagi from Karate Kid...

That is definitely Pat Morita. The URL of that photo backs me up.

crumpetsandtea

Postby crumpetsandtea » Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:56 pm

chill wrote:
cactuarX3 wrote:Agreed! I was actually always wondering if that picture from Johann's twitter page is a self portrait? Reminds me so much of Mr. Miyagi from Karate Kid...

This is incredibly awkward/mortifying for me but this whole time I thought he actually just had an uncanny resemblance. WHAT THE HELL. My whole damn world is upside down.

franklyscarlet

Postby franklyscarlet » Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:57 pm

crumpetsandtea wrote:
chill wrote:
cactuarX3 wrote:Agreed! I was actually always wondering if that picture from Johann's twitter page is a self portrait? Reminds me so much of Mr. Miyagi from Karate Kid...

This is incredibly awkward/mortifying for me but this whole time I thought he actually just had an uncanny resemblance. WHAT THE HELL. My whole damn world is upside down.

OH MY GOD ME TOO

Tiago Splitter

Postby Tiago Splitter » Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:58 pm

No no no. Johann Lee IS Mr. Miyagi. HTH.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”