NU Apps '11-'12 - Good Luck Hold Candidates!!!! <3

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Tiago Splitter
Posts: 15464
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:20 am

Re: NU (NW?) Apps '11-'12 - Congratulations RD Admits! <3

Postby Tiago Splitter » Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:21 am

barneytrouble wrote:Did everyone here do the optional essays? I'm having writer's block and just want to get the app in.


Ummm...sure. Everyone wrote the optional essay.















Except me

STLMizzou
Posts: 386
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:45 pm

Re: NU (NW?) Apps '11-'12 - Congratulations RD Admits! <3

Postby STLMizzou » Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:45 am

I wrote one, but it wasn’t especially strong. I wish I had read the interview in the school profile on TLS before I had submitted though. It says that they recommend tailoring your personal statement to NU as well, I didn’t even add the “and that is why I would make a great fit at NU” at the end because I thought it was cheesy and transparent that it would just be changed to whatever school I was submitting too. Slightly regretting it now…

User avatar
Samara
Posts: 3245
Joined: Wed May 11, 2011 4:26 pm

Re: NU (NW?) Apps '11-'12 - Congratulations RD Admits! <3

Postby Samara » Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:52 am

STLMizzou wrote:I wrote one, but it wasn’t especially strong. I wish I had read the interview in the school profile on TLS before I had submitted though. It says that they recommend tailoring your personal statement to NU as well, I didn’t even add the “and that is why I would make a great fit at NU” at the end because I thought it was cheesy and transparent that it would just be changed to whatever school I was submitting too. Slightly regretting it now…

I didn't tailor my PS. I'd say that's a lot less important.

User avatar
kennethellenparcell
Posts: 509
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:02 am

Re: NU (NW?) Apps '11-'12 - Congratulations RD Admits! <3

Postby kennethellenparcell » Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:58 am

This is funny. Heehee.

Johann @tweetsbyjohann: "My long term goal is to be a general council" I guess that's better than a general console.

justicefishy
Posts: 497
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:02 pm

Re: NU (NW?) Apps '11-'12 - Congratulations RD Admits! <3

Postby justicefishy » Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:58 am

I tailored my PS but didn't write an optional essay.

User avatar
foxylaxy
Posts: 165
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:06 pm

Re: NU (NW?) Apps '11-'12 - Congratulations RD Admits! <3

Postby foxylaxy » Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:12 pm

Has anybody who is RD received his/her packet in the mail yet? Jw because I was accepted 12/29 and confirmed my address the same day. I know the holidays can delay mail but I'm only an hour drive away...

User avatar
JustE
Posts: 1330
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:49 pm

Re: NU (NW?) Apps '11-'12 - Congratulations RD Admits! <3

Postby JustE » Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:15 pm

foxylaxy wrote:Has anybody who is RD received his/her packet in the mail yet? Jw because I was accepted 12/29 and confirmed my address the same day. I know the holidays can delay mail but I'm only an hour drive away...


Yeah... Nothing here either... I love how quickly we get our letters with the electronic system, but it's nice to have something in hand...

User avatar
elibrarian
Posts: 336
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:49 am

Re: NU (NW?) Apps '11-'12 - Congratulations RD Admits! <3

Postby elibrarian » Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:17 pm

JustE wrote:
foxylaxy wrote:Has anybody who is RD received his/her packet in the mail yet? Jw because I was accepted 12/29 and confirmed my address the same day. I know the holidays can delay mail but I'm only an hour drive away...


Yeah... Nothing here either... I love how quickly we get our letters with the electronic system, but it's nice to have something in hand...


I was ED and still haven't rec'd mine. They said mid-January which is not yet so....yeah.

User avatar
foxylaxy
Posts: 165
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:06 pm

Re: NU (NW?) Apps '11-'12 - Congratulations RD Admits! <3

Postby foxylaxy » Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:56 pm

elibrarian wrote:
JustE wrote:
foxylaxy wrote:Has anybody who is RD received his/her packet in the mail yet? Jw because I was accepted 12/29 and confirmed my address the same day. I know the holidays can delay mail but I'm only an hour drive away...


Yeah... Nothing here either... I love how quickly we get our letters with the electronic system, but it's nice to have something in hand...


I was ED and still haven't rec'd mine. They said mid-January which is not yet so....yeah.


Nuts. I was hoping to get a pick me up in the mail after my first rejection :(

Well I hope everyone else still waiting gets good news soon :)

addy11
Posts: 479
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:01 pm

Re: NU (NW?) Apps '11-'12 - Congratulations RD Admits! <3

Postby addy11 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:51 pm

Am I the only one UR today?

User avatar
Samara
Posts: 3245
Joined: Wed May 11, 2011 4:26 pm

Re: NU (NW?) Apps '11-'12 - Congratulations RD Admits! <3

Postby Samara » Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:52 pm

addy11 wrote:Am I the only one UR today?

You mean your status changed today?

User avatar
franklyscarlet
Posts: 2914
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:16 pm

Re: NU (NW?) Apps '11-'12 - Congratulations RD Admits! <3

Postby franklyscarlet » Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:52 pm

Samara wrote:
addy11 wrote:Am I the only one UR today?

You mean your status changed today?


Don't toy with us addy...

STLMizzou
Posts: 386
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:45 pm

Re: NU (NW?) Apps '11-'12 - Congratulations RD Admits! <3

Postby STLMizzou » Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:06 pm

... Does this mean another day of constantly refreshing my status checker?

addy11
Posts: 479
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:01 pm

Re: NU (NW?) Apps '11-'12 - Congratulations RD Admits! <3

Postby addy11 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:12 pm

franklyscarlet wrote:
Samara wrote:
addy11 wrote:Am I the only one UR today?

You mean your status changed today?


Don't toy with us addy...


Yes. No DLS or anything, but status checker date changed!

User avatar
franklyscarlet
Posts: 2914
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:16 pm

Re: NU (NW?) Apps '11-'12 - Congratulations RD Admits! <3

Postby franklyscarlet » Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:21 pm

addy11 wrote:
franklyscarlet wrote:
Samara wrote:
addy11 wrote:Am I the only one UR today?

You mean your status changed today?


Don't toy with us addy...


Yes. No DLS or anything, but status checker date changed!


RD or EDdeferral?

addy11
Posts: 479
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:01 pm

Re: NU (NW?) Apps '11-'12 - Congratulations RD Admits! <3

Postby addy11 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:22 pm

RD

User avatar
crumpetsandtea
Posts: 7156
Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:57 pm

Re: NU (NW?) Apps '11-'12 - Congratulations RD Admits! <3

Postby crumpetsandtea » Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:24 pm

Are we getting new admits today??? TSO EXCITE! :mrgreen:

User avatar
JustE
Posts: 1330
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:49 pm

Re: NU (NW?) Apps '11-'12 - Congratulations RD Admits! <3

Postby JustE » Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:25 pm

crumpetsandtea wrote:Are we getting new admits today??? TSO EXCITE! :mrgreen:

+E

mlperry6
Posts: 19
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:40 pm

Re: NU (NW?) Apps '11-'12 - Congratulations RD Admits! <3

Postby mlperry6 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:44 pm

:)
Last edited by mlperry6 on Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
JustE
Posts: 1330
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:49 pm

Re: NU (NW?) Apps '11-'12 - Congratulations RD Admits! <3

Postby JustE » Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:48 pm

mlperry6 wrote:I applied 11/1, interviewed 11/10, last status update 11/15. Nothing since then. You sadden me NU.

<25% LSAT >75% GPA from NU Undergrad, 2 years WE at TFA. I will paint myself purple if I have to.


Do it.

User avatar
franklyscarlet
Posts: 2914
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:16 pm

Re: NU (NW?) Apps '11-'12 - Congratulations RD Admits! <3

Postby franklyscarlet » Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:13 pm

mlperry6 wrote:I applied 11/1, interviewed 11/10, last status update 11/15. Nothing since then. You sadden me NU.

<25% LSAT >75% GPA from NU Undergrad, 2 years WE at TFA. I will paint myself purple if I have to.


Ohai fellow tfer.

User avatar
chill
Posts: 258
Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:55 am

Re: NU (NW?) Apps '11-'12 - Congratulations RD Admits! <3

Postby chill » Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:16 pm

JustE wrote:
crumpetsandtea wrote:Are we getting new admits today??? TSO EXCITE! :mrgreen:

+E


Fingers crossed!

User avatar
crumpetsandtea
Posts: 7156
Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:57 pm

Re: NU (NW?) Apps '11-'12 - Congratulations RD Admits! <3

Postby crumpetsandtea » Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:19 pm

chill wrote:
JustE wrote:
crumpetsandtea wrote:Are we getting new admits today??? TSO EXCITE! :mrgreen:

+E


Fingers crossed!

!!! I hope you join us this fall!!

User avatar
emkay625
Posts: 1835
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:31 pm

Re: NU (NW?) Apps '11-'12 - Congratulations RD Admits! <3

Postby emkay625 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:28 pm

mlperry6 wrote:I applied 11/1, interviewed 11/10, last status update 11/15. Nothing since then. You sadden me NU.

<25% LSAT >75% GPA from NU Undergrad, 2 years WE at TFA. I will paint myself purple if I have to.


I am <25% GPA and >75% LSAT, also TFA, and got in 12/29. Clearly they need to admit you in order to offset my TERRIBLE GPA. We'd be a good package deal. : )

User avatar
fingerscrossedxx
Posts: 733
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:56 am

Re: NU (NW?) Apps '11-'12 - Congratulations RD Admits! <3

Postby fingerscrossedxx » Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:44 pm

Looking at that top left corner on LSN they're showing NO early love for reverse splitters this year :(




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Houzy, MSNbot Media, smashbash, xnsch and 5 guests