NU Apps '11-'12 - Good Luck Hold Candidates!!!! <3

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
JamMasterJ

Re: NU (NW?) Apps '11-'12 - Congratulations RD Admits! <3

Postby JamMasterJ » Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:19 pm

Samara wrote:
Jewel628 wrote:I am . . . in. I can't believe this . . .

Congrats!!!!!! Hope to join you soon!

+1

JustE

Postby JustE » Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:19 pm

crumpetsandtea wrote:
JustE wrote:
crumpetsandtea wrote:
Want_My_Life_Back wrote:This thread has me on the verge of a heart attack. "Decision rendered via email" but my date hasn't changed. Should have waiting till I got home to check TLS...

If it makes you feel any better, if you have decision rendered today you almost definitely have an Acceptance. So MOTHERFUCKING CONGRATULATIONS ZOMG!!!

+9

:lol:

XD!!!!! I <3 you E. (cometoNU)

:lol: You.... :wink:

Looks like I'm ditching diversity weekend. Need to meet Crumps and all the new admits.

Congrats everyone!!!

Samara wrote:Wait, what? Dammit. Either it disappeared or I read it wrong the first time. Stupid phone and 1/6 being similar to 12/16. Either way, looks like a false alarm. Shit.

Yikes! No worries... They're just waiting so they can give you all the monies with your acceptance email. Hang in there!

crumpetsandtea

Postby crumpetsandtea » Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:23 pm

JustE wrote:Looks like I'm ditching diversity weekend. Need to meet Crumps and all the new admits.

Congrats everyone!!!

Image + Image

crooked

Postby crooked » Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:23 pm

Samara wrote:
crooked wrote:Decision rendered today and I'm in!!! Can't view the PDF yet but I just got the email.

Good luck to everyone still waiting.

CONGRATS!!!!!

Thank you! I'm rooting for you!

Want_My_Life_Back

Postby Want_My_Life_Back » Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:24 pm

Samara wrote:
Want_My_Life_Back wrote:Did it say decision rendered via email when they deferred ED's to RD or did it just say complete?

For some reason, I thought it changed back to complete, but I guess not. I feel pretty dumb.

I'm right there with you. My status checker says the exact same thing. I downloaded the decision letter 10 times to see if it would change...

Samara

Postby Samara » Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:24 pm

Want_My_Life_Back wrote:
Samara wrote:
Want_My_Life_Back wrote:Did it say decision rendered via email when they deferred ED's to RD or did it just say complete?

For some reason, I thought it changed back to complete, but I guess not. I feel pretty dumb.

I'm right there with you. My status checker says the exact same thing. I downloaded the decision letter 10 times to see if it would change...

So did I. :oops:

JustE

Postby JustE » Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:25 pm

crumpetsandtea wrote:
JustE wrote:Looks like I'm ditching diversity weekend. Need to meet Crumps and all the new admits.

Congrats everyone!!!

Image + Image

I LOL'd. You're the best, Crumps.

potl

Postby potl » Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:35 pm

Seriously, though. Who's planning to go to which ASW/Diversity Weekend? On one hand, I am really curious to meet everyone from this thread in person. On the other, I thought I read that people at Diversity Weekend from last year were treated to a Bulls game (which would be awesome). Anyone have concrete plans?

catmo

Postby catmo » Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:35 pm

Samara wrote:
Want_My_Life_Back wrote:
Samara wrote:

So did I. :oops:

Same here. I have to admit, I will probably KEEP doing it. I (probably foolishly) sent two more LOR when I was held. I hope that didn't slow down my process.

initech

Postby initech » Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:36 pm

Another held EDer here still at 12/16, waiting anxiously.

Congrats to everyone who got in today!

Samara

Postby Samara » Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:36 pm

catmo wrote:Same here. I have to admit, I will probably KEEP doing it. I (probably foolishly) sent two more LOR when I was held. I hope that didn't slow down my process.

Hmmm...interesting. I sent grade updates after the quarter ended. Maybe that's what is going on.

franklyscarlet

Postby franklyscarlet » Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:38 pm

Samara wrote:
catmo wrote:Same here. I have to admit, I will probably KEEP doing it. I (probably foolishly) sent two more LOR when I was held. I hope that didn't slow down my process.

Hmmm...interesting. I sent grade updates after the quarter ended. Maybe that's what is going on.

I bet that's the case for both of you, having general knowledge of your #s/ personalities. You're both getting in, I'm sure!

catmo

Postby catmo » Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:38 pm

Samara wrote:

Samara, we may be on to something. Misery loves company, though, so I'm glad we're in this together. :)

JustE

Postby JustE » Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:40 pm

potl wrote:Seriously, though. Who's planning to go to which ASW/Diversity Weekend? On one hand, I am really curious to meet everyone from this thread in person. On the other, I thought I read that people at Diversity Weekend from last year were treated to a Bulls game (which would be awesome). Anyone have concrete plans?

Wait, what? Diversity perks? :lol: :lol: :lol:

IDK, crumps... Me likes diversity perks...

catmo

Postby catmo » Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:40 pm

franklyscarlet wrote:
Samara wrote:

I bet that's the case for both of you, having general knowledge of your #s/ personalities. You're both getting in, I'm sure!

Thanks Scarlet, you're the best. You will get in too. It only a matter of time.

JustE

:roll:
Last edited by JustE on Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JustE

:roll:
Last edited by JustE on Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Samara

Postby Samara » Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:40 pm

catmo wrote:
Samara wrote:

Samara, we may be on to something. Misery loves company, though, so I'm glad we're in this together. :)

Yay for commiseration! I was going to send in a third LOR soon. Maybe I shouldn't...hmmmm....

amc987

Postby amc987 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:41 pm

Congrats to the new admits! I love what I've heard about Northwestern so I'd love to join you soon.

I have been complete since 12/1 (originally submitted late Oct but was held up by off campus interview). Should I be worried if I haven't heard anything? I guess the status checker says 6-8 weeks, but we're coming up on that soon... Plus people with complete dates around mine heard today so... Clearly I am just a ball of nerves. Yikes.

JustE

Postby JustE » Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:41 pm

wtf... Sorry for the multiple posts... :oops:

Samara

Postby Samara » Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:41 pm

JustE wrote:
potl wrote:Seriously, though. Who's planning to go to which ASW/Diversity Weekend? On one hand, I am really curious to meet everyone from this thread in person. On the other, I thought I read that people at Diversity Weekend from last year were treated to a Bulls game (which would be awesome). Anyone have concrete plans?

Three posts about it? You really do like diversity perks. :P

Can't you go to both?

JustE

Postby JustE » Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:43 pm

Samara wrote:
JustE wrote:

Can't you go to both?

Errrr.... travel = monies... And I might be forced to start skool May 29, so I need to save... IDK... Maybe I can make both... I'd love to do both...

Samara

Postby Samara » Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:44 pm

JustE wrote:
Samara wrote:
JustE wrote:

Can't you go to both?

Errrr.... travel = monies... And I might be forced to start skool May 29, so I need to save... IDK... Maybe I can make both... I'd love to do both...

Oh yeah, not everyone lives in Chicago.

Want_My_Life_Back

Postby Want_My_Life_Back » Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:46 pm

Samara wrote:

I sent an additional LOR as well. I doubt that's the snag but here's to blind faith.

kennethellenparcell

Postby kennethellenparcell » Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:48 pm

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. But you will be in soon. I believe it.

Samara wrote:Wait, what? Dammit. Either it disappeared or I read it wrong the first time. Stupid phone and 1/6 being similar to 12/16. Either way, looks like a false alarm. Shit.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”