NU Apps '11-'12 - Good Luck Hold Candidates!!!! <3

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Tiago Splitter
Posts: 15459
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:20 am

Re: NU (NW?) Apps '11-'12 - Congratulations RD Admits! <3

Postby Tiago Splitter » Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:30 pm

JustE wrote:
http://www.law.northwestern.edu/admissi ... tyday.html

ETA: The more I think about it, the more I think I might need to go to the first one... I need to make a decision preeetttttyyy soon. :(


I'm neither diverse nor accelerated. I think there must be a different ASW for the non-diverse, 3 year JD folks out there, but the NU site doesn't show the date.

User avatar
JustE
Posts: 1330
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:49 pm

Re: NU (NW?) Apps '11-'12 - Congratulations RD Admits! <3

Postby JustE » Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:49 pm

Tiago Splitter wrote:
JustE wrote:
http://www.law.northwestern.edu/admissi ... tyday.html

ETA: The more I think about it, the more I think I might need to go to the first one... I need to make a decision preeetttttyyy soon. :(


I'm neither diverse nor accelerated. I think there must be a different ASW for the non-diverse, 3 year JD folks out there, but the NU site doesn't show the date.



"Register Now for Admitted Students Weekend 2012
Join us April 13-14 on the Northwestern Law campus for an opportunity to meet with current students, faculty, administrators, and potential classmates. Tentative Schedule (will be posted by March 1)"

User avatar
thelawschoolproject
Posts: 1364
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:58 am

Re: NU (NW?) Apps '11-'12 - Congratulations RD Admits! <3

Postby thelawschoolproject » Mon Jan 02, 2012 6:39 pm

Alright NUers, I have a serious problem.

I was scheduled to have my alumni interview last week, but the day before I was put in the hospital ergo I had to cancel the interview. I called and left a message explaining the situation (last Wednesday) and the interviewer has never returned my call. In the message I asked to reschedule and whatnot.

What do I do?

Should I try to call again? I don't want to seem like I'm hounding her. Or, should I just call NU and tell them I no longer wish to interview yada yada because it's January and I just want my application to be processes?

Which would look better/worse?

Any insight would be super appreciated!

Thanks!

User avatar
JamMasterJ
Posts: 6688
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:17 pm

Re: NU (NW?) Apps '11-'12 - Congratulations RD Admits! <3

Postby JamMasterJ » Mon Jan 02, 2012 6:43 pm

thelawschoolproject wrote:Alright NUers, I have a serious problem.

I was scheduled to have my alumni interview last week, but the day before I was put in the hospital ergo I had to cancel the interview. I called and left a message explaining the situation (last Wednesday) and the interviewer has never returned my call. In the message I asked to reschedule and whatnot.

What do I do?

Should I try to call again? I don't want to seem like I'm hounding her. Or, should I just call NU and tell them I no longer wish to interview yada yada because it's January and I just want my application to be processes?

Which would look better/worse?

Any insight would be super appreciated!

Thanks!

email Johann with the situation. If it comes across as you still having a high level of interest in the school rather than it being your safety, I think you'll still be in good shape. I think you're in regardless as long as you show enough interest in the school to avoid YP

User avatar
Tiago Splitter
Posts: 15459
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:20 am

Re: NU (NW?) Apps '11-'12 - Congratulations RD Admits! <3

Postby Tiago Splitter » Mon Jan 02, 2012 6:48 pm

Yeah I'd email the office. Since it's past time to schedule interviews off campus, you might just have to roll without one, but I got in without an interview and I'm sure you can too.

User avatar
thelawschoolproject
Posts: 1364
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:58 am

Re: NU (NW?) Apps '11-'12 - Congratulations RD Admits! <3

Postby thelawschoolproject » Mon Jan 02, 2012 6:50 pm

Alright, thanks. I'll get started on some kind of acceptable email. :?


ETA: Just sent the email to Johann...nervously waiting to see what he says.

jpal13
Posts: 278
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:53 pm

Re: NU (NW?) Apps '11-'12 - Congratulations RD Admits! <3

Postby jpal13 » Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:51 pm

I want to do the accelerated program if admitted, it was not on my app. Is it still possible?

User avatar
crooked
Posts: 253
Joined: Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:23 pm

Re: NU (NW?) Apps '11-'12 - Congratulations RD Admits! <3

Postby crooked » Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:14 pm

WHAT has happened to this thread? I had to go back a page to find it!

(And to add any substance to this post, complete since 10/19 and crickets)

User avatar
basilseal
Posts: 331
Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:32 pm

Re: NU (NW?) Apps '11-'12 - Congratulations RD Admits! <3

Postby basilseal » Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:22 pm

JustE wrote:
Tiago Splitter wrote:
JustE wrote:
http://www.law.northwestern.edu/admissi ... tyday.html

ETA: The more I think about it, the more I think I might need to go to the first one... I need to make a decision preeetttttyyy soon. :(


I'm neither diverse nor accelerated. I think there must be a different ASW for the non-diverse, 3 year JD folks out there, but the NU site doesn't show the date.



"Register Now for Admitted Students Weekend 2012
Join us April 13-14 on the Northwestern Law campus for an opportunity to meet with current students, faculty, administrators, and potential classmates. Tentative Schedule (will be posted by March 1)"

Having trouble finding that, E I'm lazy - would you mind posting the link?

User avatar
Flips88
Posts: 13542
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:42 pm

Re: NU (NW?) Apps '11-'12 - Congratulations RD Admits! <3

Postby Flips88 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:36 pm

JustE wrote:
"Register Now for Admitted Students Weekend 2012
Join us April 13-14 on the Northwestern Law campus for an opportunity to meet with current students, faculty, administrators, and potential classmates. Tentative Schedule (will be posted by March 1)"

That's a week before finals. Kind of a weird time for them to pick

User avatar
JustE
Posts: 1330
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:49 pm

Re: NU (NW?) Apps '11-'12 - Congratulations RD Admits! <3

Postby JustE » Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:02 am

basilseal wrote:
JustE wrote:
Tiago Splitter wrote:
JustE wrote:
http://www.law.northwestern.edu/admissi ... tyday.html

ETA: The more I think about it, the more I think I might need to go to the first one... I need to make a decision preeetttttyyy soon. :(


I'm neither diverse nor accelerated. I think there must be a different ASW for the non-diverse, 3 year JD folks out there, but the NU site doesn't show the date.


https://www.law.northwestern.edu/newstu ... vents.html


"Register Now for Admitted Students Weekend 2012
Join us April 13-14 on the Northwestern Law campus for an opportunity to meet with current students, faculty, administrators, and potential classmates. Tentative Schedule (will be posted by March 1)"

Having trouble finding that, E I'm lazy - would you mind posting the link?

https://www.law.northwestern.edu/newstu ... vents.html

User avatar
tdicks
Posts: 130
Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:54 am

Re: NU (NW?) Apps '11-'12 - Congratulations RD Admits! <3

Postby tdicks » Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:05 am

Flips88 wrote:
JustE wrote:
"Register Now for Admitted Students Weekend 2012
Join us April 13-14 on the Northwestern Law campus for an opportunity to meet with current students, faculty, administrators, and potential classmates. Tentative Schedule (will be posted by March 1)"

That's a week before finals. Kind of a weird time for them to pick


I guess stressed out law students cramming for exams is less of a deterrent than Chicago's weather?

User avatar
crumpetsandtea
Posts: 7156
Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:57 pm

Re: NU (NW?) Apps '11-'12 - Congratulations RD Admits! <3

Postby crumpetsandtea » Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:43 am

tdicks wrote:
Flips88 wrote:
JustE wrote:
"Register Now for Admitted Students Weekend 2012
Join us April 13-14 on the Northwestern Law campus for an opportunity to meet with current students, faculty, administrators, and potential classmates. Tentative Schedule (will be posted by March 1)"

That's a week before finals. Kind of a weird time for them to pick


I guess stressed out law students cramming for exams is less of a deterrent than Chicago's weather?

:lol: :lol: Exactly what I was thinking. I flew from O'Hare back to LA today...weather went from 27 --> 66. L-O-L (god i'm going to die next year)

STLMizzou
Posts: 386
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:45 pm

Re: NU (NW?) Apps '11-'12 - Congratulations RD Admits! <3

Postby STLMizzou » Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:51 am

tdicks wrote:I guess stressed out law students cramming for exams is less of a deterrent than Chicago's weather?



It has been amazing up here, there have really only been 2 days of truly cold Chicago weather so far this winter. Of course now that I say that it will probably drop 20 degrees and the wind will pick up, but so far I have been happy with the weather.

Also, PLEASE ACCEPT ME!!

User avatar
Samara
Posts: 3245
Joined: Wed May 11, 2011 4:26 pm

Re: NU (NW?) Apps '11-'12 - Congratulations RD Admits! <3

Postby Samara » Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:45 am

STLMizzou wrote:
tdicks wrote:I guess stressed out law students cramming for exams is less of a deterrent than Chicago's weather?



It has been amazing up here, there have really only been 2 days of truly cold Chicago weather so far this winter. Of course now that I say that it will probably drop 20 degrees and the wind will pick up, but so far I have been happy with the weather.

Also, PLEASE ACCEPT ME!!

Yeah, until a couple of days ago, the weather was great up here. But now winter is really here. Ugh.

User avatar
foxylaxy
Posts: 165
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:06 pm

Re: NU (NW?) Apps '11-'12 - Congratulations RD Admits! <3

Postby foxylaxy » Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:40 am

Samara wrote:Yeah, until a couple of days ago, the weather was great up here. But now winter is really here. Ugh.


Yes, we still haven't had real snow. (I haven't been able to make any snowballs). And comparatively, my friends from the Bay Area told me it was actually colder there (temperature wise) a few days in December. My friend from Orlando also told me it was only 10 degrees warmer there as well. However, winter decided to move in in January.

Yesterday, I received the financial aid e-mail. The information pretty much matches this:
https://www.law.northwestern.edu/admitw ... cialaid/jd

It includes what to send, merit vs. need scholarships (there are no scholarships purely one or the other except for the ED merit scholarship), how to submit information about scholarships from other schools (although they will probably not match it).

User avatar
JustE
Posts: 1330
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:49 pm

Re: NU (NW?) Apps '11-'12 - Congratulations RD Admits! <3

Postby JustE » Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:55 pm

@tweetsbyjohann: FYI: We don't give much weight to a LOR from Mom.

Solid advice.

User avatar
crumpetsandtea
Posts: 7156
Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:57 pm

Re: NU (NW?) Apps '11-'12 - Congratulations RD Admits! <3

Postby crumpetsandtea » Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:07 pm

JustE wrote:@tweetsbyjohann: FYI: We don't give much weight to a LOR from Mom.

Solid advice.

:shock: It boggles my mind that someone thought this would be a good idea.

User avatar
Samara
Posts: 3245
Joined: Wed May 11, 2011 4:26 pm

Re: NU (NW?) Apps '11-'12 - Congratulations RD Admits! <3

Postby Samara » Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:23 pm

JustE wrote:@tweetsbyjohann: FYI: We don't give much weight to a LOR from Mom.

Solid advice.

Ell. Oh. Ell. That may be my new favorite Johann tweet.

User avatar
UnamSanctam
Posts: 7160
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:17 am

Re: NU (NW?) Apps '11-'12 - Congratulations RD Admits! <3

Postby UnamSanctam » Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:43 pm

LOL who would actually do that?

addy11
Posts: 479
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:01 pm

Re: NU (NW?) Apps '11-'12 - Congratulations RD Admits! <3

Postby addy11 » Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:47 pm

UnamSanctam wrote:LOL who would actually do that?


Child of a famous person (politician, academic, CEO, etc.)?

I know a person who had a a sitting presidential cabinet member (and a high profile one... one whose name even the apolitical recognize) write her a LoR to the school the secretary had graduated from. They knew each other in an entirely personal capacity (I don't see this being too different from one's parent), and it seemed to work.

User avatar
rinkrat19
Posts: 13912
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:35 am

Re: NU (NW?) Apps '11-'12 - Congratulations RD Admits! <3

Postby rinkrat19 » Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:59 pm

addy11 wrote:
UnamSanctam wrote:LOL who would actually do that?


Child of a famous person (politician, academic, CEO, etc.)?

I know a person who had a a sitting presidential cabinet member (and a high profile one... one whose name even the apolitical recognize) write her a LoR to the school the secretary had graduated from. They knew each other in an entirely personal capacity (I don't see this being too different from one's parent), and it seemed to work.
You're giving the person way too much credit. Johann says the LOR doesn't help: it's probably not from a cabinet member or law school dean or F500 CEO.

User avatar
Samara
Posts: 3245
Joined: Wed May 11, 2011 4:26 pm

Re: NU (NW?) Apps '11-'12 - Congratulations RD Admits! <3

Postby Samara » Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:05 pm

rinkrat19 wrote:
addy11 wrote:
UnamSanctam wrote:LOL who would actually do that?


Child of a famous person (politician, academic, CEO, etc.)?

I know a person who had a a sitting presidential cabinet member (and a high profile one... one whose name even the apolitical recognize) write her a LoR to the school the secretary had graduated from. They knew each other in an entirely personal capacity (I don't see this being too different from one's parent), and it seemed to work.
You're giving the person way too much credit. Johann says the LOR doesn't help: it's probably not from a cabinet member or law school dean or F500 CEO.

Plus, knowing someone in a personal capacity is, even if it's like godmother or something, is still quite different from your actual mother.

User avatar
chill
Posts: 258
Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:55 am

Re: NU (NW?) Apps '11-'12 - Congratulations RD Admits! <3

Postby chill » Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:14 pm

.
Last edited by chill on Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Dr. Filth
Posts: 1158
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:22 pm

Re: NU (NW?) Apps '11-'12 - Congratulations RD Admits! <3

Postby Dr. Filth » Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:18 pm

My mom would totally be mean about it. He sleeps until 11 over Christmas Break. :x He only calls like twice a week and never on weekends. :x




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: andpeggy, Baby Gaga, bloomsday, lawnerd87, piesandcookies, ThorB, zihua and 13 guests