NU Apps '11-'12 - Good Luck Hold Candidates!!!! <3

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
No13baby
Posts: 440
Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:42 am

Re: NU (NW?) Apps '11-'12 - useless poll is useless

Postby No13baby » Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:41 pm

In by e-mail! I applied RD in mid-October. 2 years WE in the legal field. I also went there for undergrad and may or may not have had a couple derpy sentences in my Why NU regarding my love for Willie the Wildcat. :roll:

freestallion
Posts: 944
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:17 pm

Re: NU (NW?) Apps '11-'12 - useless poll is useless

Postby freestallion » Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:45 pm

No13baby wrote:In by e-mail! I applied RD in mid-October. 2 years WE in the legal field. I also went there for undergrad and may or may not have had a couple derpy sentences in my Why NU regarding my love for Willie the Wildcat. :roll:

Congrats! Haha, I should have written about Willie the Wildcat too :P

User avatar
JustE
Posts: 1330
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:49 pm

Re: NU (NW?) Apps '11-'12 - useless poll is useless

Postby JustE » Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:46 pm

No13baby wrote:In by e-mail! I applied RD in mid-October. 2 years WE in the legal field. I also went there for undergrad and may or may not have had a couple derpy sentences in my Why NU regarding my love for Willie the Wildcat. :roll:

Congrats!!!

I'm bringing the surf-n-turf for the TLS party. Maybe a few sides as well.

IF I get in... PLEASE let me in.

potl
Posts: 121
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:35 pm

Re: NU (NW?) Apps '11-'12 - useless poll is useless

Postby potl » Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:47 pm

elibrarian wrote:Congrats to everyone accepted!

I'm also curious if NU is a serious consideration for anyone accepted?


In via email as well.

Regarding your question, NU is probably the one school in the lower T14 that I would at least like to check out (for ASW, perhaps) because it seems like such a unique program.

User avatar
JustE
Posts: 1330
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:49 pm

Re: NU (NW?) Apps '11-'12 - useless poll is useless

Postby JustE » Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:48 pm

Still waiting for us to break the 3.5/170 barrier... :lol:

tjddk
Posts: 166
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:05 am

Re: NU (NW?) Apps '11-'12 - useless poll is useless

Postby tjddk » Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:57 pm

JustE wrote:Still waiting for us to break the 3.5/170 barrier... :lol:


I'm pretty close... 3.5x and 171 (highest) and in today via email. Didn't write a "why NU/NW" either, so plenty of hope!!

User avatar
crumpetsandtea
Posts: 7156
Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:57 pm

Re: NU (NW?) Apps '11-'12 - useless poll is useless

Postby crumpetsandtea » Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:58 pm

tjddk wrote:
JustE wrote:Still waiting for us to break the 3.5/170 barrier... :lol:


I'm pretty close... 3.5x and 171 (highest) and in today via email. Didn't write a "why NU/NW" either, so plenty of hope!!

CONGRATS!!!! Is NU a top choice for you? (:

tjddk
Posts: 166
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:05 am

Re: NU (NW?) Apps '11-'12 - useless poll is useless

Postby tjddk » Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:13 pm

crumpetsandtea wrote:
tjddk wrote:
JustE wrote:Still waiting for us to break the 3.5/170 barrier... :lol:


I'm pretty close... 3.5x and 171 (highest) and in today via email. Didn't write a "why NU/NW" either, so plenty of hope!!

CONGRATS!!!! Is NU a top choice for you? (:


Thanks!! It really should be - from talking to my alum interviewer and reading more about the school, it seems like the perfect fit. Not to mention the best thread on TLS =P I'm a California girl who's never EVER been to the midwest (which is why I never wrote a "why NU"), but I'm definitely warming up to the idea =D

User avatar
aperfectmap
Posts: 73
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:56 pm

Re: NU (NW?) Apps '11-'12 - Congratulations RD Admits! <3

Postby aperfectmap » Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:22 pm

In via email today. Submitted in late September, I believe. Stats are in my profile. Currently 1+ years of WE (TFA).

User avatar
emkay625
Posts: 1839
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:31 pm

Re: NU (NW?) Apps '11-'12 - Congratulations RD Admits! <3

Postby emkay625 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:26 pm

aperfectmap wrote:In via email today. Submitted in late September, I believe. Stats are in my profile. Currently 1+ years of WE (TFA).


What region?!

<----san antonio

User avatar
JustE
Posts: 1330
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:49 pm

Re: NU (NW?) Apps '11-'12 - Congratulations RD Admits! <3

Postby JustE » Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:26 pm

169!!!!!! We're getting close!!!! :lol:


SHIT, he has a 3.9

User avatar
Samara
Posts: 3245
Joined: Wed May 11, 2011 4:26 pm

Re: NU (NW?) Apps '11-'12 - Congratulations RD Admits! <3

Postby Samara » Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:31 pm

JustE wrote:169!!!!!! We're getting close!!!! :lol:


SHIT, he has a 3.9

Green dots are filling in towards the bottom left of the curve eeeeeeever so slowly. Let's get these acceptances down below 3.5. Then 3.4, 3.3, 3.2, 3.1, then me!

STLMizzou
Posts: 386
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:45 pm

Re: NU (NW?) Apps '11-'12 - Congratulations RD Admits! <3

Postby STLMizzou » Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:32 pm

Samara wrote:
JustE wrote:169!!!!!! We're getting close!!!! :lol:


SHIT, he has a 3.9

Green dots are filling in towards the bottom left of the curve eeeeeeever so slowly. Let's get these acceptances down below 3.5. Then 3.4, 3.3, 3.2, 3.1, then me!



+1

User avatar
crumpetsandtea
Posts: 7156
Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:57 pm

Re: NU (NW?) Apps '11-'12 - useless poll is useless

Postby crumpetsandtea » Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:32 pm

tjddk wrote:Thanks!! It really should be - from talking to my alum interviewer and reading more about the school, it seems like the perfect fit. Not to mention the best thread on TLS =P I'm a California girl who's never EVER been to the midwest (which is why I never wrote a "why NU"), but I'm definitely warming up to the idea =D

Oh hey!! I'm from California too! :D north or south?

User avatar
franklyscarlet
Posts: 2915
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:16 pm

Re: NU (NW?) Apps '11-'12 - Congratulations RD Admits! <3

Postby franklyscarlet » Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:44 pm

Samara wrote:
JustE wrote:169!!!!!! We're getting close!!!! :lol:


SHIT, he has a 3.9

Green dots are filling in towards the bottom left of the curve eeeeeeever so slowly. Let's get these acceptances down below 3.5. Then 3.4, 3.3, 3.2, 3.1, then me!


3.5 i'll keep. I just need them to want a rather unremarkable 3.5/168 :D

tjddk
Posts: 166
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:05 am

Re: NU (NW?) Apps '11-'12 - Congratulations RD Admits! <3

Postby tjddk » Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:20 pm

Just accessed decision letter, through status checker. You have to not only log-in again, but also download the PDF letter.

"Application Status
The admissions committee has completed its review of your application. To view your decision letter please click the following button. **NOTE**: Your decision letter will not be sent to you via post"

User avatar
JamMasterJ
Posts: 6688
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:17 pm

Re: NU (NW?) Apps '11-'12 - Congratulations RD Admits! <3

Postby JamMasterJ » Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:02 am

nothing yet, is Tiago still waiting too?

User avatar
Tiago Splitter
Posts: 15515
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:20 am

Re: NU (NW?) Apps '11-'12 - Congratulations RD Admits! <3

Postby Tiago Splitter » Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:09 am

JamMasterJ wrote:nothing yet, is Tiago still waiting too?


Yessir. I didn't go complete until November though.

User avatar
JamMasterJ
Posts: 6688
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:17 pm

Re: NU (NW?) Apps '11-'12 - Congratulations RD Admits! <3

Postby JamMasterJ » Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:12 am

Tiago Splitter wrote:
JamMasterJ wrote:nothing yet, is Tiago still waiting too?


Yessir. I didn't go complete until November though.

me neither

User avatar
tdicks
Posts: 130
Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:54 am

Re: NU (NW?) Apps '11-'12 - Congratulations RD Admits! <3

Postby tdicks » Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:13 am

Samara wrote:Green dots are filling in towards the bottom left of the curve eeeeeeever so slowly. Let's get these acceptances down below 3.5. Then 3.4, 3.3, 3.2, 3.1, then me!


saw someone with a 3.2/176.... i'm rooting for christmastime acceptances for crumps and samara!!

User avatar
Perdevise
Posts: 367
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:45 pm

Re: NU (NW?) Apps '11-'12 - Congratulations RD Admits! <3

Postby Perdevise » Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:06 am

tdicks wrote:
Samara wrote:Green dots are filling in towards the bottom left of the curve eeeeeeever so slowly. Let's get these acceptances down below 3.5. Then 3.4, 3.3, 3.2, 3.1, then me!


saw someone with a 3.2/176.... i'm rooting for christmastime acceptances for crumps JmJ Tiago and samara!!

User avatar
JustE
Posts: 1330
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:49 pm

Re: NU (NW?) Apps '11-'12 - Congratulations RD Admits! <3

Postby JustE » Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:10 am

Perdevise wrote:
tdicks wrote:
Samara wrote:Green dots are filling in towards the bottom left of the curve eeeeeeever so slowly. Let's get these acceptances down below 3.5. Then 3.4, 3.3, 3.2, 3.1, then me!


saw someone with a 3.2/176.... i'm rooting for christmastime acceptances for crumps, JmJ, Tiago, JustE, and samara!!

STLMizzou
Posts: 386
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:45 pm

Re: NU (NW?) Apps '11-'12 - Congratulations RD Admits! <3

Postby STLMizzou » Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:16 am

JustE wrote:
Perdevise wrote:
tdicks wrote:
Samara wrote:Green dots are filling in towards the bottom left of the curve eeeeeeever so slowly. Let's get these acceptances down below 3.5. Then 3.4, 3.3, 3.2, 3.1, then me!


saw someone with a 3.2/176.... i'm rooting for christmastime acceptances for crumps, JmJ, Tiago, JustE, STLMizzou and samara!!

User avatar
Samara
Posts: 3245
Joined: Wed May 11, 2011 4:26 pm

Re: NU (NW?) Apps '11-'12 - Congratulations RD Admits! <3

Postby Samara » Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:22 am

tdicks wrote:
Samara wrote:Green dots are filling in towards the bottom left of the curve eeeeeeever so slowly. Let's get these acceptances down below 3.5. Then 3.4, 3.3, 3.2, 3.1, then me!


saw someone with a 3.2/176.... i'm rooting for christmastime acceptances for crumps and samara!!

Wow, that's exciting! Very close to my numbers. There's hope for a Christmas acceptance yet!

Thanks for the well wishes you guys. I hope you all get there with me!

User avatar
Samara
Posts: 3245
Joined: Wed May 11, 2011 4:26 pm

Re: NU (NW?) Apps '11-'12 - Congratulations RD Admits! <3

Postby Samara » Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:25 am

JustE wrote:
Perdevise wrote:
tdicks wrote:
Samara wrote:Green dots are filling in towards the bottom left of the curve eeeeeeever so slowly. Let's get these acceptances down below 3.5. Then 3.4, 3.3, 3.2, 3.1, then me!


saw someone with a 3.2/176.... i'm rooting for christmastime acceptances for crumps, JmJ, Tiago, JustE, and samara!!

Did you see the 168/3.5 URM that just got in? That's close to your numbers, dude! I can feel it, you're going to get in.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”