NU Apps '11-'12 - Good Luck Hold Candidates!!!! <3

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
UnamSanctam

Re: Northwestern Apps '11-'12 DECISIONS OUT! CONGRATS GUYS!!!!!

Postby UnamSanctam » Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:59 pm

crumpetsandtea wrote:Omfg I want nu so bad. I wannnnnnnttttT it. Om drunkies and I think I'm praying for NU even though I'm an atheist.

I love drunk Crumps. I'll throw some prayers up for you. I predict you get in on 1/24. If that happens, you're converting to my religion. Deal? Deal.

JamMasterJ

Postby JamMasterJ » Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:01 pm

oh, my gosh, crumps...

JustE

Postby JustE » Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:48 pm

crumpetsandtea wrote: Johann if you know what I am, PLEASE let me in!!!!!!!!!!! I love yoir. school soooooooooooooo much!!!!!!!!!

I think this sums up my interview. It wasn't with J, but if it was, this is what I'd say. :lol:

Love ya, crumps!

JustE

Postby JustE » Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:28 am

Another week...

franklyscarlet

Postby franklyscarlet » Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:28 am

JustE wrote:Another week...

Oh lordy.

STLMizzou

Postby STLMizzou » Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:36 am

JustE wrote:Another week...

I was wondering when this was going to get bumped up to the top today...

Samara

Postby Samara » Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:53 am

Morning NU waiters! Hopefully, Johann and crew aren't too hungover from last night's divine intervention exhilarating Tebow comeback crushing OT loss to hand out decisions today.

^ credit to Bashy

JustE

Postby JustE » Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:22 am

Samara wrote:Morning NU waiters! Hopefully, Johann and crew aren't too hungover from last night's divine intervention exhilarating Tebow comeback crushing OT loss to hand out decisions today.

^ credit to Bashy

Love it. That guy's on fire in the 4th quarter.

STLMizzou

Postby STLMizzou » Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:27 am

Samara wrote:Morning NU waiters! Hopefully, Johann and crew aren't too hungover from last night's divine intervention exhilarating Tebow comeback crushing OT loss to hand out decisions today.

^ credit to Bashy

All he does is win

But I do kinda hate Tebow, mostly because he has ruined ESPN for the past month...

JustE

Postby JustE » Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:41 am

STLMizzou wrote:

^ credit to Bashy

All he does is win

But I do kinda hate Tebow, mostly because he has ruined ESPN for the past month...

Well, him and recently David Stern (bastard).

Samara

Postby Samara » Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:48 pm

Three new tweets from Johann, not a one about decisions being released. What a tease.

emkay625

Postby emkay625 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:49 pm

The thread title gives me a heart attack every time I go to the TLS homepage and it's at the top.

catmo

Postby catmo » Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:55 pm

Samara wrote:Three new tweets from Johann, not a one about decisions being released. What a tease.

+1
I don't care about anything except decision emails!

crumpetsandtea

Postby crumpetsandtea » Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:18 pm

Does NU send out emails like Michigan does saying when you're no longer being considered for ED, or do you have to look at your status checker and follow Johann's tweets to know? Just curious because the email seems to be a nice courtesy notification for those of us who are too lazy distracted to check the status checker/tweets every day. :P

kennethellenparcell

Postby kennethellenparcell » Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:39 pm

Wish I knew the answer to that too crumps! Anyone want to hazard a guess as to how many ED acceptances NU is giving out this year? LSN says four have been given out so far - I assume the actual number given out is probably slightly more than that.

I know Johann said they are planning to admit splitters under the ED plan, but I really wonder how low they are going to go in terms of GPA for admits. The thing is I have a GPA pretty much at their 25th and an LSAT way over their 75th. Please take me ED, Northwestern!

Samara

Postby Samara » Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:44 pm

kennethellenparcell wrote:Wish I knew the answer to that too crumps! Anyone want to hazard a guess as to how many ED acceptances NU is giving out this year? LSN says four have been given out so far - I assume the actual number given out is probably slightly more than that.

I know Johann said they are planning to admit splitters under the ED plan, but I really wonder how low they are going to go in terms of GPA for admits. The thing is I have a GPA pretty much at their 25th and an LSAT way over their 75th. Please take me ED, Northwestern!

Just to clarify, he didn't say that splitters would be accepted under ED, he said that the general admission strategy of accepting splitters would remain unchanged.

Strange

Postby Strange » Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:46 pm

I guess I am really surprised that someone with a below median LSAT (3.55) got the full ride. I thought it was only going to be for people above both medians or with HYS numbers. :(

Samara

Postby Samara » Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:50 pm

Strange wrote:I guess I am really surprised that someone with a below median LSAT (3.55) got the full ride. I thought it was only going to be for people above both medians or with HYS numbers. :(

I think they are more targeting CCNMVP people than YHS people.

kennethellenparcell

Postby kennethellenparcell » Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:50 pm

Are you sure, Samara? What he wrote seems to imply that they are planning to accept splitters via Early Decision. You probably know something I don't! I have a feeling this has been discussed before and I just haven't seen it.

Q: Since there is now a big scholly attached, do you see the admission criteria changing for the BED program now?
A: At this point, I do not anticipate a change in criteria.

Q: Soooo, what you are saying is that the only thing that has changed with the BED program between last year and this year is the guaranteed scholarship?
A: Yup.

Lots of Q's about "criteria". As I stated above, I do not anticipate a change in criteria. We are still looking for applicants with strong academic credentials (LSAT or GPA). We are also still looking for interpersonal skills, work experience, and all our traditional soft factors. In contemplating the new program, we ran a bunch of possible scenarios/projections regarding the applicant pool. Bottom line, we are going into the cycle planning on accepting "splitters" (both forward and reverse) under the ED plan. If you have further questions, I am here to answer them. I need to go pick up my kids from daycare before I scar them and have them incur therapy for years.

Samara

Postby Samara » Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:55 pm

kennethellenparcell wrote:Are you sure, Samara? What he wrote seems to imply that they are planning to accept splitters via Early Decision. You probably know something I don't! I have a feeling this has been discussed before and I just haven't seen it.

Q: Since there is now a big scholly attached, do you see the admission criteria changing for the BED program now?

Q: Soooo, what you are saying is that the only thing that has changed with the BED program between last year and this year is the guaranteed scholarship?

Lots of Q's about "criteria". As I stated above, I do not anticipate a change in criteria. We are still looking for applicants with strong academic credentials (LSAT or GPA). We are also still looking for interpersonal skills, work experience, and all our traditional soft factors. In contemplating the new program, we ran a bunch of possible scenarios/projections regarding the applicant pool. Bottom line, we are going into the cycle planning on accepting "splitters" (both forward and reverse) under the ED plan. If you have further questions, I am here to answer them. I need to go pick up my kids from daycare before I scar them and have them incur therapy for years.

Hmmm...yeah, okay, you're right. I thought I remembered there being some additional information that muddled things, but I can't recall. I think it was in regards to the more extreme splitters, which should still be taken via RD. Anyway, I doubt anyone below the 25th will get ED, but who knows!

kennethellenparcell

Postby kennethellenparcell » Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:56 pm

That's what I thought initially, too. However, that 3.55 is probably just an awesome person. I think they also had a 174 LSAT.

Strange wrote:I guess I am really surprised that someone with a below median LSAT (3.55) got the full ride. I thought it was only going to be for people above both medians or with HYS numbers. :(

kennethellenparcell

Postby kennethellenparcell » Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:00 pm

I guess we'll find out soon enough! I bet another batch of ED admits will be going out before the week is over.

Samara wrote:
kennethellenparcell wrote:Are you sure, Samara? What he wrote seems to imply that they are planning to accept splitters via Early Decision. You probably know something I don't! I have a feeling this has been discussed before and I just haven't seen it.

Hmmm...yeah, okay, you're right. I thought I remembered there being some additional information that muddled things, but I can't recall. I think it was in regards to the more extreme splitters, which should still be taken via RD. Anyway, I doubt anyone below the 25th will get ED, but who knows!

elibrarian

Postby elibrarian » Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:21 pm

No news? Boooo

Samara

Postby Samara » Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:33 pm

elibrarian wrote:No news? Boooo

Nope, but both news days started around this time, so keep your eyes peeled.

JustE

Postby JustE » Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:35 pm

All quiet on Twitter... Maybe someone should call him? I'll give you the direct line!... :lol:

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”