NU Apps '11-'12 - Good Luck Hold Candidates!!!! <3

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
tdicks

Re: Northwestern Apps '11-'12 DECISIONS OUT! CONGRATS GUYS!!!!!

Postby tdicks » Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:47 pm

IAFG wrote:
tdicks wrote:INNN!!!!!!!!! just woke up to the e-mail! looks like it came about an hour ago! good luck to everyone else still waiting! looking forward to meeting y'all in chicago!

sent 11/08
complete 12/09
3.55, 174 4 years WE
ED

That's all it took to get a fullride?! Oh fuck my life.

i mean, i also have a sparkling personality.

Samara

Postby Samara » Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:57 pm

tdicks wrote:
IAFG wrote:
tdicks wrote:INNN!!!!!!!!! just woke up to the e-mail! looks like it came about an hour ago! good luck to everyone else still waiting! looking forward to meeting y'all in chicago!

sent 11/08
complete 12/09
3.55, 174 4 years WE
ED

That's all it took to get a fullride?! Oh fuck my life.

You certainly have IAFG beat there.

IAFG

Postby IAFG » Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:18 am

Samara wrote:
tdicks wrote:
IAFG wrote:That's all it took to get a fullride?! Oh fuck my life.

Having a good personality is a liability in law.

bdubs

Postby bdubs » Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:50 am

tdicks wrote:
Strange wrote:

sent 11/08
complete 12/09
3.55, 174 4 years WE
ED

First splitter getting a full ride? :D Congrats! URM or any softs?

non-URM. or any M, for that matter. my 4 years of work experience have all been in china though, so i think that made my PS/interview a little more interesting?

Congrats, you got an amazing deal on tuition at a great school.

FYI - working in China is the new "it" thing, it seems like every 5th person in the 1L class was in China at some point before law school(exageration, but there are not an insignificant number.) Either that country makes for amazing PSs or you really stood out somehow. See you next year (or probably in 2 years for me).

Samara

Postby Samara » Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:54 am

IAFG wrote:
Samara wrote:
tdicks wrote:
IAFG wrote:That's all it took to get a fullride?! Oh fuck my life.

Having a good personality is a liability in law.

Yes, I have a shot at being a decent lawyer.

barneytrouble

Postby barneytrouble » Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:33 am

Guys sorry for the hijack but this doesn't really deserve its own thread. The lowest "splitter" so far is a 3.55 which is still above NU's 25th for GPA. I would attend NU for full ride over just about anywhere else I could get in. My LSDAS gpa is 3.16 which is of course below the 25th. Hypothetically, if they don't take any splitters below their 25th there is no reason to wait a cycle and apply right? And if they do, it would be insane to NOT wait a cycle and apply ED?

bdubs

Postby bdubs » Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:41 am

barneytrouble wrote:Guys sorry for the hijack but this doesn't really deserve its own thread. The lowest "splitter" so far is a 3.55 which is still above NU's 25th for GPA. I would attend NU for full ride over just about anywhere else I could get in. My LSDAS gpa is 3.16 which is of course below the 25th. Hypothetically, if they don't take any splitters below their 25th there is no reason to wait a cycle and apply right? And if they do, it would be insane to NOT wait a cycle and apply ED?

Would be shocked if they gave anyone with a GPA below the 25th (who wasn't URM) a full ride scholarship. I'd say you should apply now if you're waiting around to see, since earlier is always better in LS admissions. You can always withdraw and say you're waiting out this year for work or something if you think for some crazy reason you've got a shot later.

Samara

Postby Samara » Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:06 am

bdubs wrote:
barneytrouble wrote:Guys sorry for the hijack but this doesn't really deserve its own thread. The lowest "splitter" so far is a 3.55 which is still above NU's 25th for GPA. I would attend NU for full ride over just about anywhere else I could get in. My LSDAS gpa is 3.16 which is of course below the 25th. Hypothetically, if they don't take any splitters below their 25th there is no reason to wait a cycle and apply right? And if they do, it would be insane to NOT wait a cycle and apply ED?

Would be shocked if they gave anyone with a GPA below the 25th (who wasn't URM) a full ride scholarship. I'd say you should apply now if you're waiting around to see, since earlier is always better in LS admissions. You can always withdraw and say you're waiting out this year for work or something if you think for some crazy reason you've got a shot later.

Agreed. I'll be sure to let you know if I get the scholly with my 3.09 though.

crumpetsandtea

Postby crumpetsandtea » Sat Dec 10, 2011 4:23 am

Omfg I want nu so bad. I wannnnnnnttttT it. Om drunkies and I think I'm praying for NU even though I'm an atheist.

IAFG

Postby IAFG » Sat Dec 10, 2011 4:26 am

crumpetsandtea wrote:Omfg I want nu so bad. I wannnnnnnttttT it. Om drunkies and I think I'm praying for NU even though I'm an atheist.

:( I hope they don't make you wait for the waitlist.

crumpetsandtea

Postby crumpetsandtea » Sat Dec 10, 2011 4:44 am

IAFG wrote:
crumpetsandtea wrote:Omfg I want nu so bad. I wannnnnnnttttT it. Om drunkies and I think I'm praying for NU even though I'm an atheist.

Zommmgg me too. Like srsly if I just got in I would ide of. Happieneess. Buuuuuut because of my stats I probbly won't get in until v late into the cycle. If NU decided to admit me though, itds my #1 choice and iw ant it sooooooOooooooooooooo bad. Johann if you know what I am, PLEASE let me in!!!!!!!!!!! I love yoir. school soooooooooooooo much!!!!!!!!!

IAFG

Postby IAFG » Sat Dec 10, 2011 4:45 am

crumpetsandtea wrote:
IAFG wrote:

Zommmgg me too. Like srsly if I just got in I would ide of. Happieneess. Buuuuuut because of my stats I probbly won't get in until v late into the cycle. If NU decided to admit me though, itds my #1 choice and iw ant it sooooooOooooooooooooo bad. Johann if you know what I am, PLEASE let me in!!!!!!!!!!! I love yoir. school soooooooooooooo much!!!!!!!!!

I think you'll get in, but I do worry that you'll get in late. Sucks. I hope I'm wrong.

crumpetsandtea

Postby crumpetsandtea » Sat Dec 10, 2011 4:53 am

IAFG wrote:
crumpetsandtea wrote:
IAFG wrote:

I think you'll get in, but I do worry that you'll get in late. Sucks. I hope I'm wrong.

I ean I don't expect anthinh but a WL/R given the typicAl stats. Hopefully they decide to give me some pity thi weekend, but. I'm not epecting anything. I'm just hoping that they'll like me.

IAFG

Postby IAFG » Sat Dec 10, 2011 4:55 am

crumpetsandtea wrote:I ean I don't expect anthinh but a WL/R given the typicAl stats. Hopefully they decide to give me some pity thi weekend, but. I'm not epecting anything. I'm just hoping that they'll like me.

DesertFox was 2.8/176 admit. my bf was even worse GPA same LSAT without ED. just ride that waitlist to the bitter end.

crumpetsandtea

Postby crumpetsandtea » Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:34 am

IAFG wrote:
crumpetsandtea wrote:I ean I don't expect anthinh but a WL/R given the typicAl stats. Hopefully they decide to give me some pity thi weekend, but. I'm not epecting anything. I'm just hoping that they'll like me.

DesertFox was 2.8/176 admit. my bf was even worse GPA same LSAT without ED. just ride that waitlist to the bitter end.

Oh I definitely will. NU is my #1 by far. Hopefully they understand.

JustE

Postby JustE » Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:58 am

:lol: Drunk Crumps is fun. :lol:

No worries. You're a lock. Once he reads your app, there will be no turning back.

JDizzle2015

Postby JDizzle2015 » Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:04 am

Lol! I've never seen drunk TLSing. You're so funny crumpets! :lol:

Samara

Postby Samara » Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:06 am

JDizzle2015 wrote:Lol! I've never seen drunk TLSing. You're so funny crumpets! :lol:

You've apparently never hung out in the lounge.

Eugenie Danglars

Postby Eugenie Danglars » Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:27 pm

Yay China!

* scurries back to contracts studying *

crumpetsandtea

Postby crumpetsandtea » Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:38 pm

Oh my goodness. :oops: I get drunk and the thread I decide to drunkenly post in is an on topic one? x_____x sigh.
Last edited by crumpetsandtea on Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Samara

Postby Samara » Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:39 pm

crumpetsandtea wrote:Oh my goodness. :oops: I get drunk and the thread I decide to drunkenly post in is an on topiC one? x_____x sigh.

Johann will understand.

addy11

Postby addy11 » Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:59 pm

Visiting NW today. Will have a tour given by a (non-law student) friend.

Any recommendations on what I should see? Bear in mind that it's freezing (18 right now with moderate winds!) and my time is limited, so it should be worthwhile!

Oh.. And I've done Chicago social scene before, so I'm mostly interested in law school stuff. Apologies in advance if I should be posting elsewhere. Curt replies directing me to other threads will also be appreciated :wink:

Eugenie Danglars

Postby Eugenie Danglars » Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:10 pm

addy11 wrote:Visiting NW today. Will have a tour given by a (non-law student) friend.

Any recommendations on what I should see? Bear in mind that it's freezing (18 right now with moderate winds!) and my time is limited, so it should be worthwhile!

Oh.. And I've done Chicago social scene before, so I'm mostly interested in law school stuff. Apologies in advance if I should be posting elsewhere. Curt replies directing me to other threads will also be appreciated :wink:

There's not so much to see- the law facilities are nice but not huge. Note that a lot of the rooms with be restricted access since there's self-scheduled exams going on, and the students you see will probably look a little more stressed than normal. :-)

foxylaxy

Postby foxylaxy » Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:29 pm

foxylaxy wrote:
addy11 wrote:Visiting UChicago today. Will have a tour given by a (non-law student) Grad student friend.

If you're visiting the law school, you shouldn't be out too much. All the buildings are connected. When I had my interview, they offered a guided tour at 1PM. Not sure what days/times these are though. You can get a self-guided tour from the admissions office. I'd say you should look at the classrooms/moot court in Arthur Rubloff (the building all the way to the east, along the lake). The library and clinics are also located in Rubloff. Unfortunately, you can't get into the library without a card so you can't really see it (unless your friend has access). Levy Mayer also has some I think, but when I visited, I mostly saw conference rooms. You will get a good view of the courtyard in Levy Mayer and you can access alumni hall here (you'll see famous alums of the school in the hall). McCormick Hall also has larger meeting rooms. Also, the law school campus is NOT by their undergraduate campus. It is maybe a 40 min train ride to Evanston.

For reference:
http://www.law.northwestern.edu/visit/map.html
The side menu also includes campus tour video, directions and an "Explore Chicago" bit.

FYI Outside of the law campus: Around the law campus is the Magnificent Mile so you can go shopping (new Top Shop is right there along with Water Tower Place). For eating, you can eat at Foodlife in Water Tower Place. There's a Ghirardelli so you can get hot chocolate (next to Top Shop on Pearson). On the same street a little further down is Argo, if you drink tea. There is also a Chick fil-A, Qdoba, Soupbox and Forever Yogurt on Chicago, one block south. A little further north are some bars/pubs along Clark and Division. More lounges/ Outside of Chick fil-A is the Chicago stop for the red line, which can take you to NU's UG campus, if you transfer to the purple line at Howard.

-___- answered a question about NU on the UChicago thread...but in case anyone was wondering I reposted here.

addy11

Postby addy11 » Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:39 pm

Eugenie Danglars wrote:
addy11 wrote:Visiting NW today. Will have a tour given by a (non-law student) friend.

There's not so much to see- the law facilities are nice but not huge. Note that a lot of the rooms with be restricted access since there's self-scheduled exams going on, and the students you see will probably look a little more stressed than normal. :-)

Haha, noted. I wish I weren't here on a weekend but the price and timing were right.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”