NU Apps '11-'12 - Good Luck Hold Candidates!!!! <3

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
JustE

Re: Northwestern Apps '11-'12 DECISIONS OUT! CONGRATS GUYS!!!!!

Postby JustE » Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:56 pm

franklyscarlet wrote:
JustE wrote:
@tweetsbyjohann: be wary wary quiet -- trying to read apps.

what does it mmeeeeeaaaannnnnn? Is he just reading, or is he sending decisions? Oh Johann. you toy with me.

I think he wants us to stop posting. He keeps refreshing his screen for TLS posts in here. From his "correctly guessing the date" reference, I'm pretty sure he's in here...

Maybe he's here riiiggggghhhttttt noooowwwww.......... :oops:

elibrarian

Postby elibrarian » Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:56 pm

I like that I didn't check this thread for a few hours and come back and it is full of food.

My office had free chinese food for lunch today :)

kennethellenparcell

Postby kennethellenparcell » Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:56 pm

Thanks! Also, it needs to be known that Northwestern is very close to the area of Lake Shore Drive in this video. All the more reason to gain moar and moar insulation. You already have a floatie in case you get swept away.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUazBc95qz4

JDizzle2015 wrote:
kennethellenparcell wrote:I love that it's called an omelet bar.

Also, look at it this way. Gaining weight over the holidays = insulation = preparation for the cold Chicago winter when you get into Northwestern.

I like the way you think. and your username and your avatar!

franklyscarlet

Postby franklyscarlet » Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:57 pm

JustE wrote:
franklyscarlet wrote:
JustE wrote:

what does it mmeeeeeaaaannnnnn? Is he just reading, or is he sending decisions? Oh Johann. you toy with me.

I think he wants us to stop posting. He keeps refreshing his screen for TLS posts in here. From his "correctly guessing the date" reference, I'm pretty sure he's in here...

Oh hai potential Johann! Know that I love your school more than my own life.

JustE

Postby JustE » Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:58 pm

Reveal yourself!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

j/k don't do it.

rinkrat19

Postby rinkrat19 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:00 pm

Samara wrote:
rinkrat19 wrote:Just got back from my work holiday party. I work for a city, so they can't treat us too well on the taxpayer dime. The city buys the ham and punch, and the rest is potluck. Still, good food!

Unfortunately, I love food and I'm a lazy fuck.
Wow, it's like you took the words out of my brain, Crumps.

I'm gonna need a run jog slogging partner in Chicago, since I won't be playing hockey. :cry:

I plan to run up Lake Shore to Lincoln Park and go to the free zoo.

Ugh, city departments should be able to have the same holiday parties that the private sector does. I used to work in government so I know what that's like. I mean, potluck is good and all, but still. /rant

Why no hockey?
Luckily my City department is a revenue-generating utility, so our department can afford to actually treat us. Our department holiday breakfast is next week. :)

No hockey, at least at first, because I don't want to commit the time and money until I know if it's even feasible. I'd have to find a men's league that doesn't mind women (not a big fan of all-women's hockey), at a rink accessible by public transit, and buy a smaller hockey gear bag that I could take on the bus/train. Plus there's the issue of paying for league fees with student loans. :P We'll see. Definitely not first term, anyway.

IAFG

Postby IAFG » Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:01 pm

JustE wrote:
franklyscarlet wrote:
JustE wrote:

Or maybe he's just referring to the pizza party in the atrium.

Samara

Postby Samara » Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:01 pm

JustE wrote:
franklyscarlet wrote:
JustE wrote:

Yeah, there's been a few "coincidences" that imply he lurks this thread. Hopefully, he doesn't think we're a bunch of neurotic weirdos. Or at the very least, he finds us to be endearingly neurotic weirdos.

Samara

Postby Samara » Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:04 pm

IAFG wrote:Or maybe he's just referring to the pizza party in the atrium.

You and your facts.

franklyscarlet

Postby franklyscarlet » Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:01 pm

So are we thinking nothing today?

Samara

Postby Samara » Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:05 pm

franklyscarlet wrote:So are we thinking nothing today?

Looks like it. It's past 5 now. Business day is over.

crumpetsandtea

Postby crumpetsandtea » Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:08 pm

JustE wrote:
franklyscarlet wrote:
JustE wrote:

What do you think Johann would think of this thread/us if he ever stumbled across this thread? I'm guessing he'd think we were weirdos :oops:

lawschool13452

Postby lawschool13452 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:18 pm

For those of you already admitted: did your status checker update from Complete before your decision came in?

elibrarian

Postby elibrarian » Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:21 pm

lawschool13452 wrote:For those of you already admitted: did your status checker update from Complete before your decision came in?

Nope. The email came first and then about an hour or so later the status checker changed to Decision Letter something or other and you can access the letter through the status checker.

darkwings

Postby darkwings » Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:49 pm

rinkrat19 wrote:
Samara wrote:
rinkrat19 wrote:Just got back from my work holiday party. I work for a city, so they can't treat us too well on the taxpayer dime. The city buys the ham and punch, and the rest is potluck. Still, good food!

Unfortunately, I love food and I'm a lazy fuck.
Wow, it's like you took the words out of my brain, Crumps.

I'm gonna need a run jog slogging partner in Chicago, since I won't be playing hockey. :cry:

I plan to run up Lake Shore to Lincoln Park and go to the free zoo.

Ugh, city departments should be able to have the same holiday parties that the private sector does. I used to work in government so I know what that's like. I mean, potluck is good and all, but still. /rant

Why no hockey?
Luckily my City department is a revenue-generating utility, so our department can afford to actually treat us. Our department holiday breakfast is next week. :)

No hockey, at least at first, because I don't want to commit the time and money until I know if it's even feasible. I'd have to find a men's league that doesn't mind women (not a big fan of all-women's hockey), at a rink accessible by public transit, and buy a smaller hockey gear bag that I could take on the bus/train. Plus there's the issue of paying for league fees with student loans. :P We'll see. Definitely not first term, anyway.

One of my best friends from undergrad played hockey in college and moved to Chi post-grad. She wanted to play in a men's league and found it almost impossible - no team would take her, they'd only allow her to sub and it was pretty infrequent. She was pretty emotional about it esp since like you she wanted to play in a competitive league and women's leagues just aren't competitive on the same level. That being said, hopefully you'll have better luck if you decide to play!

emkay625

Postby emkay625 » Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:30 am

tomorrow brings another day of refreshing this thread every 10 seconds!

JDizzle2015

Postby JDizzle2015 » Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:28 pm

Good morning everyone!

rinkrat19

Postby rinkrat19 » Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:41 pm

JDizzle2015 wrote:Good morning everyone!
Why hello, there!

In exciting news for today, I am getting off work at 3 to go with my friends and their (freaking adorable) 3yo to a Catholic church that has a big grotto that they decorate up with lights and turn into a Christmas festival all December. Choirs, carolers, petting zoo, puppet show, cocoa and snacks, etc. All that's missing is an outdoor skating rink, but that's not very likely in Portland.
http://www.thegrotto.org/christmas/

I'm not Catholic (neither are they, though they are religious), but I am ready to get my Christmas on!

basilseal

Postby basilseal » Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:44 pm

rinkrat19 wrote:
JDizzle2015 wrote:Good morning everyone!
Why hello, there!

In exciting news for today, I am getting off work at 3 to go with my friends and their (freaking adorable) 3yo to a Catholic church that has a big grotto that they decorate up with lights and turn into a Christmas festival all December. Choirs, carolers, petting zoo, puppet show, cocoa and snacks, etc. All that's missing is an outdoor skating rink, but that's not very likely in Portland.
http://www.thegrotto.org/christmas/

I'm not Catholic (neither are they, though they are religious), but I am ready to get my Christmas on!

Reminds me of the Shrine of La Sallette in Massachusetts. Also worth checking out this time of year.

Anyone been to Rolf's in NYC?

rinkrat19

Postby rinkrat19 » Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:53 pm

darkwings wrote:
rinkrat19 wrote:Luckily my City department is a revenue-generating utility, so our department can afford to actually treat us. Our department holiday breakfast is next week. :)

One of my best friends from undergrad played hockey in college and moved to Chi post-grad. She wanted to play in a men's league and found it almost impossible - no team would take her, they'd only allow her to sub and it was pretty infrequent. She was pretty emotional about it esp since like you she wanted to play in a competitive league and women's leagues just aren't competitive on the same level. That being said, hopefully you'll have better luck if you decide to play!
Yeah, this is what I'm afraid of. Although I'm not so worried about being able to find a league my level (I'm not so awesome that I'm too skilled for women's hockey or anything), it's more that women are...well, bitchy. They play dirty instead of just playing hard, they're cliquey, they backstab and hold grudges. Playing with guys has so much less drama.

emkay625

Postby emkay625 » Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:57 pm

I saw this thread was at the top and got so, so excited.

Sigh.

Samara

Postby Samara » Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:59 pm

rinkrat19 wrote:
darkwings wrote:
rinkrat19 wrote:Luckily my City department is a revenue-generating utility, so our department can afford to actually treat us. Our department holiday breakfast is next week. :)

Yeah, this is what I'm afraid of. Although I'm not so worried about being able to find a league my level (I'm not so awesome that I'm too skilled for women's hockey or anything), it's more that women are...well, bitchy. They play dirty instead of just playing hard, they're cliquey, they backstab and hold grudges. Playing with guys has so much less drama.

If you teach me how to play, I'll infiltrate a men's league and get you in, okay? :P

rinkrat19

Postby rinkrat19 » Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:02 pm

Samara wrote:
rinkrat19 wrote:
darkwings wrote:

If you teach me how to play, I'll infiltrate a men's league and get you in, okay? :P
Deal!

I will definitely be bringing my skates, at least....all those free outdoor rinks in the public parks are like some sort of fairy tale to me!

Samara

Postby Samara » Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:09 pm

rinkrat19 wrote:
Samara wrote:If you teach me how to play, I'll infiltrate a men's league and get you in, okay? :P
Deal!

I will definitely be bringing my skates, at least....all those free outdoor rinks in the public parks are like some sort of fairy tale to me!

Beware though, I have never ice skated in my life and I'm not very athletic. I have played roller hockey a couple times. Does that count for anything?

rinkrat19

Postby rinkrat19 » Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:13 pm

Samara wrote:
rinkrat19 wrote:
Samara wrote:If you teach me how to play, I'll infiltrate a men's league and get you in, okay? :P
Deal!

Beware though, I have never ice skated in my life and I'm not very athletic. I have played roller hockey a couple times. Does that count for anything?
Sure! It means you can at least stand up.
Ice skating is easier than rollerblading once you learn how.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”