NU Apps '11-'12 - Good Luck Hold Candidates!!!! <3

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Samara

Re: Northwestern Apps '11-'12 DECISIONS OUT! CONGRATS GUYS!!!!!

Postby Samara » Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:04 pm

So...yesterday's decisions started rolling in right about this time. No word from Johann on twitter yet. Must. Resist. Tweeting. Johann.

franklyscarlet

Postby franklyscarlet » Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:07 pm

Samara wrote:So...yesterday's decisions started rolling in right about this time. No word from Johann on twitter yet. Must. Resist. Tweeting. Johann.

OH GOD DOOOO ITTTTTTTTT. I'm about to /self. Just give me my rejection already so I can spend my time planning my next three years at Vandy and forget how much I love NU.

Excuse me, I need to go get some cheese to go with all this whine.

kennethellenparcell

Postby kennethellenparcell » Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:08 pm

This is so scary. Also, I believe my productivity is shot for the day. Want admission so bad. Luckily, the company holiday party allows us all to leave work early today.

Samara wrote:So...yesterday's decisions started rolling in right about this time. No word from Johann on twitter yet. Must. Resist. Tweeting. Johann.

Samara

Postby Samara » Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:10 pm

kennethellenparcell wrote:This is so scary. Also, I believe my productivity is shot for the day. Want admission so bad. Luckily, the company holiday party allows us all to leave work early today.

I was at a company party yesterday when the decisions started rolling in. It was hard to hide my excitement. Not everyone knows about my imminent departure. Luckily, the party was wrapping up so I was able to leave soon and obsess on my own.

crumpetsandtea

Postby crumpetsandtea » Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:11 pm

kennethellenparcell wrote:This is so scary. Also, I believe my productivity is shot for the day. Want admission so bad. Luckily, the company holiday party allows us all to leave work early today.

Leave work early? Soooooooooo jelly :P I'm still sitting at my desk. Might take lunch in 10-20 minutes though. Also, nice to see you back ken, I think it's been a while since I saw you around. :D

franklyscarlet

Postby franklyscarlet » Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:12 pm

crumpetsandtea wrote:

Leave work early? Soooooooooo jelly :P I'm still sitting at my desk. Might take lunch in 10-20 minutes though. Also, nice to see you back ken, I think it's been a while since I saw you around. :D

Leaving work early sounds luscious. Only 4 more days until the children begin their finals and I get to sit at my desk all day...

JDizzle2015

Postby JDizzle2015 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:17 pm

crumpetsandtea wrote:

We had an omelet bar this morning for a building holiday party (I believe that's the "PC" term now) and our firm has a holiday party tomorrow at some fancy schmancy place. :) Next week, my friends have planned group dinners at different people's houses for just about every night.

I love this time of year!

crumpetsandtea

Postby crumpetsandtea » Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:21 pm

OMELETTE BAR??? Double jealousssssssssss. The only treats in the office this morning were the ones I brought (chocolate toffee cookies & chocolate and butterscotch chip cookies, leftovers from what I baked for my TLS Secret Santas). They were gone in less than an hour and a half :mrgreen:

kennethellenparcell

Postby kennethellenparcell » Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:24 pm

:D Haven't been on as much because visiting TLS and my productivity have an inverse relationship. That's not so good, especially since I have to bill all of my time at work and I can't bill to Obsessive Checking of TLS. Here's hoping that for the holidays, all of us get acceptance decisions from Northwestern. What an amazing present that would be!

crumpetsandtea wrote:

LSATsensei

Postby LSATsensei » Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:26 pm

Congrats! :D

JDizzle2015

Postby JDizzle2015 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:27 pm

crumpetsandtea wrote:OMELETTE BAR??? Double jealousssssssssss. The only treats in the office this morning were the ones I brought (chocolate toffee cookies & chocolate and butterscotch chip cookies, leftovers from what I baked for my TLS Secret Santas). They were gone in less than an hour and a half :mrgreen:

I was soooo excited when they announced it that, for the past week, I've been talking to everyone in the elevators about it (typically our elevator rides are silent and awkward).

On the flip side, I have noticed my not unsubstantial weight gain since Thanksgiving. Agh, I feel disgusting. It's so hard to go running when I would rather save my energy to eat at holiday parties! :lol: :oops:

ETA: typo.
Last edited by JDizzle2015 on Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kennethellenparcell

Postby kennethellenparcell » Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:30 pm

I love that it's called an omelet bar.

Also, look at it this way. Gaining weight over the holidays = insulation = preparation for the cold Chicago winter when you get into Northwestern.

crumpetsandtea

Postby crumpetsandtea » Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:32 pm

kennethellenparcell wrote::D Haven't been on as much because visiting TLS and my productivity have an inverse relationship. That's not so good, especially since I have to bill all of my time at work and I can't bill to Obsessive Checking of TLS. Here's hoping that for the holidays, all of us get acceptance decisions from Northwestern. What an amazing present that would be!

The best present EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would be happy with nothing but an NU acceptance under my tree this year :mrgreen: And good luck with work! Sounds crazy busy o_o
JDizzle2015 wrote:I was soooo excited when they announced it that, for the past week, I've been talking to everyone in the elevators about it (typically our elevator rides are silent and awkward).

Up the flip side, I have noticed my not unsubstantial weight gain since Thanksgiving. Agh, I feel disgusting. It's so hard to go running when I would rather save my energy to eat at holiday parties! :lol: :oops:

Hahahah dude it sounds so great! I love omelettes. And eggs in general. Mmmm eggs. And I totally agree, I think I've gained like 3-4 pounds since Thanksgiving, it's sick. It's the combo of eating fatteh things and not working out. At the very least I need to fix one of the two--either eat healthier or start exercising!! Unfortunately, I love food and I'm a lazy fuck. :lol:

JDizzle2015

Postby JDizzle2015 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:38 pm

kennethellenparcell wrote:I love that it's called an omelet bar.

Also, look at it this way. Gaining weight over the holidays = insulation = preparation for the cold Chicago winter when you get into Northwestern.

I like the way you think. and your username and your avatar!

crumpetsandtea wrote:Unfortunately, I love food and I'm a lazy fuck. :lol:

Ugh, my problem exactly.

Samara

Postby Samara » Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:41 pm

JDizzle2015 wrote:
kennethellenparcell wrote:I love that it's called an omelet bar.

I like the way you think. and your username and your avatar!

crumpetsandtea wrote:Unfortunately, I love food and I'm a lazy fuck. :lol:

Ugh, my problem exactly.

All of this.

JustE

Postby JustE » Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:42 pm

Heading to party with the office "support staff" now... Next week, there's the office lunch "feast", the annual sales team dinner, and our office party... Good food and drink. Hope to gain at least 10 pounds before I'm done. :lol:

JDizzle2015

Postby JDizzle2015 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:46 pm

JustE wrote:Heading to party with the office "support staff" now... Next week, there's the office lunch "feast", the annual sales team dinner, and our office party... Good food and drink. Hope to gain at least 10 pounds before I'm done. :lol:

haha we have the same deal. All the assistants and "support staff" have a lunch with the lawyers and then there's another dinner for the lawyers and the wives (apparently the "wives" don't want to eat with us :roll:). If I ever get married, it's not going to be to a girl who thinks like that. Just absurd.

rinkrat19

Postby rinkrat19 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:50 pm

Just got back from my work holiday party. I work for a city, so they can't treat us too well on the taxpayer dime. The city buys the ham and punch, and the rest is potluck. Still, good food! And I won a raffle prize basket, of coffee and tea and fleece blankets and cookies and cider/wine mulling spices.

Unfortunately, I love food and I'm a lazy fuck.
Wow, it's like you took the words out of my brain, Crumps.

I'm gonna need a run jog slogging partner in Chicago, since I won't be playing hockey. :cry:

I plan to run up Lake Shore to Lincoln Park and go to the free zoo.
Last edited by rinkrat19 on Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JustE

Postby JustE » Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:52 pm

@tweetsbyjohann: be wary wary quiet -- trying to read apps.

Samara

Postby Samara » Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:53 pm

rinkrat19 wrote:Just got back from my work holiday party. I work for a city, so they can't treat us too well on the taxpayer dime. The city buys the ham and punch, and the rest is potluck. Still, good food!

Unfortunately, I love food and I'm a lazy fuck.
Wow, it's like you took the words out of my brain, Crumps.

I'm gonna need a run jog slogging partner in Chicago, since I won't be playing hockey. :cry:

I plan to run up Lake Shore to Lincoln Park and go to the free zoo.

Ugh, city departments should be able to have the same holiday parties that the private sector does. I used to work in government so I know what that's like. I mean, potluck is good and all, but still. /rant

Why no hockey?

Samara

Postby Samara » Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:53 pm

JustE wrote:

Damn! Scooped.

franklyscarlet

Postby franklyscarlet » Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:54 pm

JustE wrote:

what does it mmeeeeeaaaannnnnn? Is he just reading, or is he sending decisions? Oh Johann. you toy with me.

JustE

Postby JustE » Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:54 pm

Samara wrote:
JustE wrote:

Damn! Scooped.

Text alerts! :lol:

Samara

Postby Samara » Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:54 pm

franklyscarlet wrote:
JustE wrote:

what does it mmeeeeeaaaannnnnn? Is he just reading, or is he sending decisions? Oh Johann. you toy with me.

He's always so coy.

Samara

Postby Samara » Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:55 pm

JustE wrote:
Samara wrote:
JustE wrote:

Damn! Scooped.

Text alerts! :lol:

I even saw that I had some new tweets, but decided to finish my post before checking them. Fail.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”