NU Apps '11-'12 - Good Luck Hold Candidates!!!! <3

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
crumpetsandtea

Re: Northwestern Applicants '11-'12 (NOW WITH AWESOME POLL)

Postby crumpetsandtea » Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:57 pm

JustE wrote:
Real Madrid wrote:Fiiiiinally went complete today! :D

Congrats!

ETA: Wait... Hold the phone... I was already complete... I just went complete again... :? :? :? :? :? Anyone else?

Didn't check, but this could mean that they're finally reviewing apps!!!!!!!! TIME TO FREAK OUT!

JustE

Postby JustE » Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:05 pm

crumpetsandtea wrote:
JustE wrote:
Real Madrid wrote:Fiiiiinally went complete today! :D

Congrats!

ETA: Wait... Hold the phone... I was already complete... I just went complete again... :? :? :? :? :? Anyone else?

Didn't check, but this could mean that they're finally reviewing apps!!!!!!!! TIME TO FREAK OUT!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol:

soj

Postby soj » Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:06 pm

In for the shitshow of awesome

JustE

Postby JustE » Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:09 pm

soj wrote:In for the shitshow of awesome

Or the "vortex of nuttiness"...

franklyscarlet

Postby franklyscarlet » Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:18 pm

If I had the freakthefuckout lemur on my work computer, he would be appropriate.

UnamSanctam

Postby UnamSanctam » Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:27 pm

This.

elibrarian

Postby elibrarian » Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:27 pm

Am still at my original completion date. I really, really don't want to read into any of this. Turn off, brain, turn off!

crumpetsandtea

Postby crumpetsandtea » Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:28 pm

My complete date hasn't changed. I'm guessing it means that the people whose dates changed are under review, and they haven't gotten to the late Oct apps yet. >_<!!

ETA: when did you submit, E?

elibrarian

Postby elibrarian » Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:29 pm

crumpetsandtea wrote:My complete date hasn't changed. I'm guessing it means that the people whose dates changed are under review, and they haven't gotten to the late Oct apps yet. >_<!!

Hmmm. I hope this is it. I submitted late September though. hmmm

Tiago Splitter

Postby Tiago Splitter » Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:30 pm

elibrarian wrote:Am still at my original completion date. I really, really don't want to read into any of this. Turn off, brain, turn off!

Wait why are we supposed to be reading into things and irrationally freaking out?

crumpetsandtea

Postby crumpetsandtea » Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:31 pm

elibrarian wrote:
crumpetsandtea wrote:My complete date hasn't changed. I'm guessing it means that the people whose dates changed are under review, and they haven't gotten to the late Oct apps yet. >_<!!

Hmmm. I hope this is it. I submitted late September though. hmmm

Don't know what else it could be. The adcomm I spoke with for my interview said they go through applications in the order they were received (she was trying to urge me to apply ASAP, before I heard back about my October LSAT score).

sanguar

Postby sanguar » Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:31 pm

UnamSanctam wrote:

This.

Yup.

crumpetsandtea

Postby crumpetsandtea » Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:31 pm

Tiago Splitter wrote:
elibrarian wrote:Am still at my original completion date. I really, really don't want to read into any of this. Turn off, brain, turn off!

Wait why are we supposed to be reading into things and irrationally freaking out?

We're not supposed to, it just happens :P

elibrarian

Postby elibrarian » Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:32 pm

Tiago Splitter wrote:

No we aren't. It appears one of us has an updated complete date which, obviously, means nothing or at least nothing we are sure of. I just like to turn to doom and gloom at the slightest hint of...anything.

crumpetsandtea

Postby crumpetsandtea » Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:33 pm

elibrarian wrote:No we aren't. It appears one of us has an updated complete date which, obviously, means nothing or at least nothing we are sure of. I just like to turn to doom and gloom at the slightest hint of...anything.

Me too!!! :oops:

UnamSanctam

Postby UnamSanctam » Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:34 pm

crumpetsandtea wrote:
UnamSanctam wrote:Mich thread has the double the views you guys do. I'm confident enough in my school to not mind bumping your thread. :wink:

We also haven't even started hearing back about acceptances, ED or RD...lol @ you trying to come in here and troll like Michigan is internet popular. Puhhhhleeeeaaaase. Given the drama that's happened there I'm more than confident in saying that regardless of how large our page count lead is, the sense of community here in the NU thread is far, far stronger. :mrgreen:

You're arguing the collegiality in NU is stronger than in Mich. Now you're just delusional. :lol:

crumpetsandtea

Postby crumpetsandtea » Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:35 pm

UnamSanctam wrote:You're arguing the collegiality in NU is stronger than in Mich. Now you're just delusional. :lol:

If your sole purpose here is to troll Mich being better than NU, you can kindly GTFO, my friend. I don't go into the Mich thread and talk shit about how much better I think NU is. (:

UnamSanctam

Postby UnamSanctam » Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:41 pm

crumpetsandtea wrote:
UnamSanctam wrote:You're arguing the collegiality in NU is stronger than in Mich. Now you're just delusional. :lol:

If your sole purpose here is to troll Mich being better than NU, you can kindly GTFO, my friend. I don't go into the Mich thread and talk shit about how much better I think NU is. (:

lolwut? I love NU and I've been here sporadically throughout the thread. I was replying to something one of your posters said—actually maybe it was J—and you replied to me. NU is my second favorite school.

crumpetsandtea

Postby crumpetsandtea » Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:44 pm

UnamSanctam wrote:
crumpetsandtea wrote:

lolwut? I love NU and I've been here sporadically throughout the thread. I was replying to something one of your posters said—actually maybe it was J—and you replied to me. NU is my second favorite school.

I know, I'm just saying that if you're going to post about a faux Mich -- NU rivalry, I'd prefer if it didn't happen here. Mich and NU are my top 2 as well, and I'd rather not have a huge discussion about why 1 is better than the other in this thread (since the point of this thread isn't to be hostile to other schools, and certainly not to be hostile to NU. :wink: )

UnamSanctam

Postby UnamSanctam » Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:47 pm

Fair. You know I'm rooting for you harder than anyone else Crumpsy (sorry Jam). :D

crumpetsandtea

Postby crumpetsandtea » Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:50 pm

UnamSanctam wrote:Fair. You know I'm rooting for you harder than anyone else Crumpsy (sorry Jam). :D

D'aww thanks <3 and it's not a personal thing! It's just going to get weird if we continue going "NO NU IZ BETTAH" "NO MICH IZ BETTAH" when both schools are clearly awesome schools for their own respective reasons!! ^_^ <3

UnamSanctam

Postby UnamSanctam » Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:52 pm

crumpetsandtea wrote:
UnamSanctam wrote:Fair. You know I'm rooting for you harder than anyone else Crumpsy (sorry Jam). :D

D'aww thanks <3 and it's not a personal thing! It's just going to get weird if we continue going "NO NU IZ BETTAH" "NO MICH IZ BETTAH" when both schools are clearly awesome schools for their own respective reasons!! ^_^ <3

That said, where in the hell are all the NU responses? Do we expect them next week or the week after? I don't remember NU's graph from last year and I'm too lazy to look.

STLMizzou

Postby STLMizzou » Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:57 pm

UnamSanctam wrote:That said, where in the hell are all the NU responses? Do we expect them next week or the week after? I don't remember NU's graph from last year and I'm too lazy to look.

I said this in the other thread too, but when I went in for my NU interview on campus on Nov. 26th they said they had not even started to ED's. So I would guess it's going to be a while for the RD's to start coming out

crumpetsandtea

Postby crumpetsandtea » Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:58 pm

UnamSanctam wrote:That said, where in the hell are all the NU responses? Do we expect them next week or the week after? I don't remember NU's graph from last year and I'm too lazy to look.

Technically the graph on the OP says they started coming out after Dec 3, but clearly it's going to be later this year. I'm not sure why...maybe higher # of applicants? IDK. All I know is the one admiss office member I spoke to said that they wouldn't even begin looking at applications until December 1st, so it might be a whilllllee

darkwings

Postby darkwings » Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:01 pm

Samara wrote:
crumpetsandtea wrote:
JustE wrote:
Samara wrote:I think we should disregard all previous years for ED because this is the first year for the ED scholarship.

I agree... But I still want to know... The NU admissions office claims that the money will not make them change their ED admissions practices. If that's the truth ( :roll: ), I'd like to know as much as possible about what they've done in the past... :lol:

Anyone with numbers?

I HIGHLY doubt the numbers will look similar to anything from the past. When Johann said things would stay the same, I'm pretty sure that was a nice way of saying "we will still be reviewing the candidates and looking for the #s and people who will maintain or improve our rankings." That's what they did before with ED too, they just had a different pool of candidates to look at. Now, even though their METHOD is remaining the same, the applicants they're looking at are changing, which means the results will be different.

And technically, he only said that the overall admissions method will stay the same.

I'm pretty sure I read on his google plus thing (or whatever it's called. Sorry I'm behind on the times) that they were still expecting to take splitters. If anyone could find this quote, I'd appreciate it - I'm on my work comp and don't have access to it right now. But I'm hoping that us splitters still have a chance for ED... Now that could all change if they got way more applicants than expected though...

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”