NU Apps '11-'12 - Good Luck Hold Candidates!!!! <3

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
lawschool13452

Re: Northwestern Applicants '11-'12 (NOW WITH AWESOME POLL)

Postby lawschool13452 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:04 am

JamMasterJ wrote:
JustE wrote:How many TLS'ers are gonna make the cut for ED?

2. Unless they take splitters

which two?

JamMasterJ

Postby JamMasterJ » Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:12 am

lawschool13452 wrote:
JamMasterJ wrote:

which two?

elib and basilseal. If there are others above both medians, maybe them as well

emkay625

Postby emkay625 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:19 am

JamMasterJ wrote:

This number seems correct to me.

UnamSanctam

Postby UnamSanctam » Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:54 am

JamMasterJ wrote:there's a lot more banter ITT than in Michigan's, and if this one is here with no acceptances yet, I'm sure it will stay on top

TBF, Michigan's thread is split between this and the TLS Mich c/o 2015 thread, which has 11 pages.

emkay625

Postby emkay625 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:55 am

UnamSanctam wrote:
JamMasterJ wrote:there's a lot more banter ITT than in Michigan's, and if this one is here with no acceptances yet, I'm sure it will stay on top

TBF, Michigan's thread is split between this and the TLS Mich c/o 2015 thread, which has 11 pages.

Thanks for upping the post count. : )

UnamSanctam

Postby UnamSanctam » Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:58 am

emkay625 wrote:
UnamSanctam wrote:

Mich thread has the double the views you guys do. I'm confident enough in my school to not mind bumping your thread. :wink:

crumpetsandtea

Postby crumpetsandtea » Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:37 am

UnamSanctam wrote:Mich thread has the double the views you guys do. I'm confident enough in my school to not mind bumping your thread. :wink:

We also haven't even started hearing back about acceptances, ED or RD...lol @ you trying to come in here and troll like Michigan is internet popular. Puhhhhleeeeaaaase. Given the drama that's happened there I'm more than confident in saying that regardless of how large our page count lead is, the sense of community here in the NU thread is far, far stronger. :mrgreen:

IAFG

Postby IAFG » Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:47 am

UnamSanctam wrote:
emkay625 wrote:
UnamSanctam wrote:

Mich thread has the double the views you guys do. I'm confident enough in my school to not mind bumping your thread. :wink:

...am I the only one who thinks both threads should be an embarrassment?

JustE

Postby JustE » Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:26 am

emkay625 wrote:
JamMasterJ wrote:

This number seems correct to me.

I have a bold prediction:

SIX of us make the cut.

Samara

Postby Samara » Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:16 am

IAFG wrote:...am I the only one who thinks both threads should be an embarrassment?

...says the 6k poster at 4am.

JustE

Postby JustE » Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:05 am

@tweetsbyjohann: if you think the flexapp was bad to fill out, imagine reading the sucker. ugh!

:cry: He hates my app...

Samara

Postby Samara » Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:08 am

JustE wrote:
@tweetsbyjohann: if you think the flexapp was bad to fill out, imagine reading the sucker. ugh!

:P I think he means the formatting? It is kind of an ugly and unwieldly app.

JustE

Postby JustE » Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:49 am

Samara wrote:
JustE wrote:

Yeah... just stating the obvious, though... :lol:

Don't they just get a PDF of the application, though? Same PDF we get when we preview it?

Samara

Postby Samara » Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:55 am

JustE wrote:
Samara wrote:
JustE wrote:

Yeah... just stating the obvious, though... :lol:

Don't they just get a PDF of the application, though? Same PDF we get when we preview it?

I would assume so? What I didn't like is that it put "declined to answer" instead of just leaving it blank or removing it or something. It made it more difficult to double check certain info when it was surrounded by lots of meaningless text. I also had a transcript situation that the app couldn't really handle, so I did the best I could and figured that my resume and LSAC report would clear things up.

catmo

Postby catmo » Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:31 pm

Does anyone know how many ED apps were accepted in past years? I'm assuming we can imagine it will be a lower number this year?

JDizzle2015

Postby JDizzle2015 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:32 pm

IAFG wrote:...am I the only one who thinks both threads should be an embarrassment?

I think the length of these two threads only shows that the TLS applicants to both schools (including me) have far too much time on our hands.

I know I'm embarrassed. :oops:

Samara

Postby Samara » Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:38 pm

catmo wrote:Does anyone know how many ED apps were accepted in past years? I'm assuming we can imagine it will be a lower number this year?

I think we should disregard all previous years for ED because this is the first year for the ED scholarship.

elibrarian

Postby elibrarian » Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:13 pm

Samara wrote:
catmo wrote:Does anyone know how many ED apps were accepted in past years? I'm assuming we can imagine it will be a lower number this year?

I think we should disregard all previous years for ED because this is the first year for the ED scholarship.

Which makes me all the more neurotic.

JustE

Postby JustE » Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:22 pm

JDizzle2015 wrote:

I think the length of these two threads only shows that the TLS applicants to both schools (including me) have far too much time on our hands.

I know I'm embarrassed. :oops:

Lol. At work. Just concerned about my future.

JustE

Postby JustE » Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:24 pm

Samara wrote:

I agree... But I still want to know... The NU admissions office claims that the money will not make them change their ED admissions practices. If that's the truth ( :roll: ), I'd like to know as much as possible about what they've done in the past... :lol:

Anyone with numbers?

crumpetsandtea

Postby crumpetsandtea » Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:36 pm

JustE wrote:
Samara wrote:

I agree... But I still want to know... The NU admissions office claims that the money will not make them change their ED admissions practices. If that's the truth ( :roll: ), I'd like to know as much as possible about what they've done in the past... :lol:

Anyone with numbers?

I HIGHLY doubt the numbers will look similar to anything from the past. When Johann said things would stay the same, I'm pretty sure that was a nice way of saying "we will still be reviewing the candidates and looking for the #s and people who will maintain or improve our rankings." That's what they did before with ED too, they just had a different pool of candidates to look at. Now, even though their METHOD is remaining the same, the applicants they're looking at are changing, which means the results will be different.

Samara

Postby Samara » Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:42 pm

crumpetsandtea wrote:
JustE wrote:
Samara wrote:

Anyone with numbers?

I HIGHLY doubt the numbers will look similar to anything from the past. When Johann said things would stay the same, I'm pretty sure that was a nice way of saying "we will still be reviewing the candidates and looking for the #s and people who will maintain or improve our rankings." That's what they did before with ED too, they just had a different pool of candidates to look at. Now, even though their METHOD is remaining the same, the applicants they're looking at are changing, which means the results will be different.

And technically, he only said that the overall admissions method will stay the same.

JustE

Postby JustE » Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:45 pm

:( #screwed

Real Madrid

Postby Real Madrid » Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:52 pm

Fiiiiinally went complete today! :D

JustE

Postby JustE » Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:54 pm

Real Madrid wrote:Fiiiiinally went complete today! :D

Congrats!

ETA: Wait... Hold the phone... I was already complete... I just went complete again... :? :? :? :? :? Anyone else?

Pretty sure that means someone just finished reviewing it and added their decision? (wishful thinking...)

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”