NU Apps '11-'12 - Good Luck Hold Candidates!!!! <3

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Strange

Re: NU '11-'12 Apps-Splitter Friends battle evil/rising medians

Postby Strange » Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:45 pm

Desert Fox wrote:
EMZE wrote:
Strange wrote:Lol, one guy in here apparently got grilled about what the school mascot and school motto was or some other stuff like that. I guess it varies. Mine was very informal.

That was me. I was asked about the mascot, school colors, location, football teams current season record as of the day of interview, how they faired against my UG.

And aside from those "gotcha" questions, I was also asked what other schools I was applying to, and was asked to rank them in the order I wish to attend them. When I gave the obvious answer for what one would give during a NU interview, I was then asked why them over school X.

But it offered me the chance to show resilience and intrepidation in the face of admissions danger. Whether I actually showed resilience or intrepidation remains to be determined.

LOL you don't root for law schools sports teams. That is doubly true when the teams are as TTT as NW's are. Why would they possible ask that.

Was this a person at the law school? Admissions person or student.

Why cant I? :(

*withdraws Michigan app*

emkay625

Postby emkay625 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:51 pm

GOD DAMN IT.

On the phone with my husband just now:

Him: You have more law school mail
Me: From where?
Him: Northwestern College of La-
Me: OPEN IT NOW!!!!!!!!!
Him -w at Lewis and Clark College.

Fucking tease.

basilseal

Postby basilseal » Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:02 pm

Sorry Samara, LSN isn't letting me log in right now. Anyone else having trouble?

rinkrat19

Postby rinkrat19 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:37 pm

emkay625 wrote:GOD DAMN IT.

On the phone with my husband just now:

Him: You have more law school mail
Me: From where?
Him: Northwestern College of La-
Me: OPEN IT NOW!!!!!!!!!
Him -w at Lewis and Clark College.

Fucking tease.
You will get approximately 843 pieces of mail from Northwestern at Lewis & Clark this winter and spring, and EVERY TIME you pull an envelope out of the mailbox, this same thing will happen.

<== speaks from experience

EMZE

Postby EMZE » Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:49 pm

Desert Fox wrote:
EMZE wrote:
Strange wrote:Lol, one guy in here apparently got grilled about what the school mascot and school motto was or some other stuff like that. I guess it varies. Mine was very informal.

That was me. I was asked about the mascot, school colors, location, football teams current season record as of the day of interview, how they faired against my UG.

And aside from those "gotcha" questions, I was also asked what other schools I was applying to, and was asked to rank them in the order I wish to attend them. When I gave the obvious answer for what one would give during a NU interview, I was then asked why them over school X.

But it offered me the chance to show resilience and intrepidation in the face of admissions danger. Whether I actually showed resilience or intrepidation remains to be determined.

LOL you don't root for law schools sports teams. That is doubly true when the teams are as TTT as NW's are. Why would they possible ask that.

This was during an off campus interview. He was an alum that graduated 15+ years ago. He gave some good advice, but most of it I wouldn't even consider.

Postby 09042014 » Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:18 am

Strange wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:
EMZE wrote:

*withdraws Michigan app*

Because Muck Fichigan. Ann Arbor is a whore.

JamMasterJ

Postby JamMasterJ » Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:58 am

Desert Fox wrote:
Strange wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:
EMZE wrote:

*withdraws Michigan app*

Because Muck Fichigan. Ann Arbor is a whore.

still butthurt?

zoohoo

Postby zoohoo » Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:30 am

Anyone's status still not updated? Everything's complete and done (including interview) but mine still says "Application Incomplete"

JustE

Postby JustE » Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:37 am

So, this is my second cycle, and I've spent the last year and a half going pretty hard on three LSATs, multiple personal statements, etc. All of my apps are in and for the first time, I don't have a single law school related thing to do.

I'm about to start making a list of scholarships to apply for, but many of them require information about the schools I was accepted to and/or info about the financial aid I received. It just dawned on me, but I'm going to have to find something to do with all this extra time... :lol:

Anyone else experiencing this?

basilseal

Postby basilseal » Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:21 am

egirarde wrote:So, this is my second cycle, and I've spent the last year and a half going pretty hard on three LSATs, multiple personal statements, etc. All of my apps are in and for the first time, I don't have a single law school related thing to do.

I'm about to start making a list of scholarships to apply for, but many of them require information about the schools I was accepted to and/or info about the financial aid I received. It just dawned on me, but I'm going to have to find something to do with all this extra time... :lol:

Want to send over that list of scholarships?

JustE

Postby JustE » Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:27 am

basilseal wrote:
egirarde wrote:So, this is my second cycle, and I've spent the last year and a half going pretty hard on three LSATs, multiple personal statements, etc. All of my apps are in and for the first time, I don't have a single law school related thing to do.

Want to send over that list of scholarships?

LOL. Trick question?

Most are URM specific, but I guess I feel like sharing.

Samara

Postby Samara » Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:13 am

Eugenie Danglars wrote:
Samara wrote:
Eugenie Danglars wrote:Heads up: it's NU, not NW or NWU. :)

And try not to worry about status checker changes- the intranet is always doing loopy things here, so get used to it! :)

Did everyone have a nice turkey time?

It aggravates me that it's NU and not NW. NW stands out more and makes it seem more special. NU could be any N-letter university!

Other than taking my dog to the pet hospital, it was an above-average turkey time.

Yes, but Northwestern is just one word. ;-)

Is puppeh ok?

BUT, NW is the abbreviation for northwest when you're talking maps. And I like maps. Therefore, I want to call it NW.

The puppeh will be okay after a couple treatments. He was presenting with symptoms commonly associated in older dogs with nasal cancer, but it turned out to be a fungal infection. The treatment is a bit expensive, but he'll be healthy soon.

Samara

Postby Samara » Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:29 am

basilseal wrote:Sorry Samara, LSN isn't letting me log in right now. Anyone else having trouble?

Weird. I'm able to log in fine. Reboot the browser maybe?

UnamSanctam

Postby UnamSanctam » Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:30 am

Samara wrote:
basilseal wrote:Sorry Samara, LSN isn't letting me log in right now. Anyone else having trouble?

Weird. I'm able to log in fine. Reboot the browser maybe?

Probably a sessions error. Those are terrible.

bbalcrzy23

Postby bbalcrzy23 » Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:27 pm

ED, status updated to 11/28

JustE

Postby JustE » Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:15 pm

Anyone check out the NU iPhone app? Pretty spiffy. Not much law school info, but it does include maps of each campus, pics, vids, sports updates ( :lol: ), and a faculty directory (was able to pull up info for adcoms). Thought it was pretty interesting...

rinkrat19

Postby rinkrat19 » Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:18 pm

egirarde wrote:Anyone check out the NU iPhone app? Pretty spiffy. Not much law school info, but it does include maps of each campus, pics, vids, sports updates ( :lol: ), and a faculty directory (was able to pull up info for adcoms). Thought it was pretty interesting...
Ewwwww, if I'd known they had an iPhone app, I never would have committed. :P

(is there an Android app? More than twice as many Android phones sold last quarter than Apple, yanno.)

Edited b/c I can't read a simple graph.

Samara

Postby Samara » Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:20 pm

rinkrat19 wrote:
egirarde wrote:Anyone check out the NU iPhone app? Pretty spiffy. Not much law school info, but it does include maps of each campus, pics, vids, sports updates ( :lol: ), and a faculty directory (was able to pull up info for adcoms). Thought it was pretty interesting...

(is there an Android app? More than twice as many Android phones out there than Apple, yanno.)

You're an Apple hater? Man, and I thought the NU student body was cool... :wink:

Off to download the app...

rinkrat19

Postby rinkrat19 » Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:22 pm

Samara wrote:
rinkrat19 wrote:

(is there an Android app? More than twice as many Android phones out there than Apple, yanno.)

You're an Apple hater? Man, and I thought the NU student body was cool... :wink:

I loathe apple. I refuse to even have Quicktime on my computer (fortunately, no one uses Quicktime anymore).

franklyscarlet

Postby franklyscarlet » Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:24 pm

rinkrat19 wrote:
Samara wrote:
rinkrat19 wrote:

I loathe apple. I refuse to even have Quicktime on my computer (fortunately, no one uses Quicktime anymore).

I used to be like you. now, one iphone and one ipad later.....

I'm straight up PC for computers though.

Samara

Postby Samara » Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:25 pm

rinkrat19 wrote:
Samara wrote:
rinkrat19 wrote:

:shock: Is it the sharp design or the user friendliness that you hate? Apple 4 LIFE!

JustE

Postby JustE » Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:28 pm

Can't live without my Apple products. For the record, there are more Android devices on the market because there are dozens of (hundreds even) Android phones. The iPhone is the single bestselling smartphone on the planet. Oh, and the best.

In other news, my LSN profile is up and is here: http://lawschoolnumbers.com/MaroonURM

Anyone want to tell me if I have a solid range of schools and if there's anywhere else I should apply?

Hopefully NU makes it easy for me and lets me in next month :lol:

Samara

Postby Samara » Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:31 pm

egirarde wrote:Can't live without my Apple products. For the record, there are more Android devices on the market because there are dozens of (hundreds even) Android phones. The iPhone is the single bestselling smartphone on the planet. Oh, and the best.

In other news, my LSN profile is up and is here: http://lawschoolnumbers.com/MaroonURM

Anyone want to tell me if I have a solid range of schools and if there's anywhere else I should apply?

Watchin' ur profile.

Also, the app has pictures of 16th-20th century maps. It's like we were made for each other.

JustE

Postby JustE » Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:36 pm

Samara wrote:
egirarde wrote:Can't live without my Apple products. For the record, there are more Android devices on the market because there are dozens of (hundreds even) Android phones. The iPhone is the single bestselling smartphone on the planet. Oh, and the best.

Watchin' ur profile.

Also, the app has pictures of 16th-20th century maps. It's like we were made for each other.

Awesome. Do I need to send out more apps you think?

Also found a pic of the Chicago campus gate... Just became the iPhone lock screen.

Samara

Postby Samara » Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:40 pm

egirarde wrote:Awesome. Do I need to send out more apps you think?

Also found a pic of the Chicago campus gate... Just became the iPhone lock screen.

That looks like a good list, but I'm no URM expert, so I don't know how realistic it is. Looks like you want to practice in the SE? Maybe add GW?

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”