NU Apps '11-'12 - Good Luck Hold Candidates!!!! <3

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
crumpetsandtea

Re: NU '11-'12 Apps-Splitter Friends battle evil/rising medians

Postby crumpetsandtea » Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:39 pm

EMZE wrote:I wouldn't be able to answer that question either.

Ditto! :lol: I know NOTHING about football.

Samara

Postby Samara » Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:30 am

crumpetsandtea wrote:

All I know is that the Northwestern football always sucks, but is at least in the Big Ten. UChi, OTOH, is Div III. Suckers.

rinkrat19

Postby rinkrat19 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:33 am

Samara wrote:
crumpetsandtea wrote:

All I know is that the Northwestern football always sucks, but is at least in the Big Ten. UChi, OTOH, is Div III. Suckers.
The Wildcats have won 4 in a row and are bowl eligible. So, not totally sucking. (Perhaps in compensation for my UG embarrassing themselves this year.)

Flips88

Postby Flips88 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:34 am

rinkrat19 wrote:
Samara wrote:
crumpetsandtea wrote:

The Wildcats have won 4 in a row and are bowl eligible. So, not totally sucking. (Perhaps in compensation for my UG embarrassing themselves this year.)

They've won a single bowl game in the history of their program and it was in the 1940s. They suck.

Bildungsroman

Postby Bildungsroman » Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:35 am

Samara wrote:
crumpetsandtea wrote:

UChi founded the Big Ten. You're welcome.

Samara

Postby Samara » Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:36 am

Bildungsroman wrote:
Samara wrote:
crumpetsandtea wrote:

UChi founded the Big Ten. You're welcome.

lol That's true. And they won the first two NCAA football championships or something like that.

Flips88

Postby Flips88 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:40 am

Samara wrote:lol That's true. And they won the first two NCAA football championships or something like that.

Yale and Princeton dominated the early days of football in the late 19th/early 20th century. 27 and 28 championships respectively. :lol: :lol:

Bildungsroman

Postby Bildungsroman » Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:40 am

Samara wrote:lol That's true. And they won the first two NCAA football championships or something like that.

I guess after UChi mastered football they decided to focus their attentions elsewhere and leave the sport to the schools still trying to make names for themselves. :wink:

rinkrat19

Postby rinkrat19 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:41 am

Flips88 wrote:
rinkrat19 wrote:The Wildcats have won 4 in a row and are bowl eligible. So, not totally sucking. (Perhaps in compensation for my UG embarrassing themselves this year.)

They've won a single bowl game in the history of their program and it was in the 1940s. They suck.
My UG holds the NCAA Div IA record for consecutive losing seasons.

Anyway, unless it's a BCS bowl game, who cares if you WIN the bowl game? Getting there is more important.

Samara

Postby Samara » Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:43 am

Bildungsroman wrote:

I guess after UChi mastered football they decided to focus their attentions elsewhere and leave the sport to the schools still trying to make names for themselves. :wink:

Nice try, but I am immune to your UChi trolling. I went there for three weeks!

JustE

Postby JustE » Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:53 am

Sooo... In other news, I'm complete! Wooooo!!!! Made it with plenty of time to spare. Guess I could have tweaked my PS for a few more days... I love bumping up against deadlines. :lol: :roll:

EMZE

Postby EMZE » Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:49 pm

I think I watched my schools team win around 5 games my entire time there. Mind you, I was forced to attend every home game.

If that plus my TLS box doesn't make my undergraduate institution abundantly clear, don't know what will.

crumpetsandtea

Postby crumpetsandtea » Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:12 pm

EMZE wrote:I think I watched my schools team win around 5 games my entire time there. Mind you, I was forced to attend every home game.

If that plus my TLS box doesn't make my undergraduate institution abundantly clear, don't know what will.

/still has no idea :oops:

Also, Harvard is almost at 50 pages, y'all, we're gonna have to work to keep our title of longest c/o thread!! :lol:

EMZE

Postby EMZE » Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:15 pm

crumpetsandtea wrote:
EMZE wrote:I think I watched my schools team win around 5 games my entire time there. Mind you, I was forced to attend every home game.

/still has no idea :oops:

Also, Harvard is almost at 50 pages, y'all, we're gonna have to work to keep our title of longest c/o thread!! :lol:

fair enough. The following is service academy football is typically limited to graduates of those institutions anyway.

If your avatar is you, I think I have the same bike, complete with white wall tires. Mine used to have a basket and horn on it too, until I got hit by a car that broke the basket off.

crumpetsandtea

Postby crumpetsandtea » Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:19 pm

EMZE wrote:fair enough. The following is service academy football is typically limited to graduates of those institutions anyway.

If your avatar is you, I think I have the same bike, complete with white wall tires. Mine used to have a basket and horn on it too, until I got hit by a car that broke the basket off.

I'm horribly under-educated about football teams and etc etc. I've only been to 1 football game in my life, and that was only because I was running for student senate at the time. :oops: So it's most likely just me being dumbz.

And unfortunately my tar is not me. I wish I was that cool. :P (though I am seriously considering doing a cool evening christmas-lights photoshoot with my own bike, once I figure out how to light up the christmas lights from outside >_>)

Samara

Postby Samara » Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:20 pm

crumpetsandtea wrote:Also, Harvard is almost at 50 pages, y'all, we're gonna have to work to keep our title of longest c/o thread!! :lol:

We'll get way ahead again once decisions start rolling in, but until then, I'll do my part. Hopefully, Johann will post some more funny interview fails soon. Today, he's schooling people on how NU is ahead of the educational innovation curve.

WhiteGuy5

Postby WhiteGuy5 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:24 pm

Update/checking in:

Submitted first week of November, went complete 11/7, had my interview last week. Still no change in my status/anything else.

Interview went well. >171, >3.8, non-URM.

JustE

Postby JustE » Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:26 pm

Samara wrote:
crumpetsandtea wrote:Also, Harvard is almost at 50 pages, y'all, we're gonna have to work to keep our title of longest c/o thread!! :lol:

We'll get way ahead again once decisions start rolling in, but until then, I'll do my part. Hopefully, Johann will post some more funny interview fails soon. Today, he's schooling people on how NU is ahead of the educational innovation curve.

Yeah, I saw that too. Plan 2008 was actually a decent read. It helped me make the ED commitment (even though I likely will not make the cut)...

crumpetsandtea

Postby crumpetsandtea » Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:27 pm

Samara wrote:

I loved reading his LS Fair fail stories. It boggles my mind that people would actually say things like that to an admission's officer! :lol:

Samara

Postby Samara » Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:29 pm

WhiteGuy5 wrote:Update/checking in:

Submitted first week of November, went complete 11/7, had my interview last week. Still no change in my status/anything else.

Good luck! Though, with your stats I'm guessing you won't end up at NU. How much WE?

Also, no status changes for anyone.

WhiteGuy5

Postby WhiteGuy5 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:30 pm

Samara wrote:

Good luck! Though, with your stats I'm guessing you won't end up at NU. How much WE?

Also, no status changes for anyone.

Worked a part-time job/internship for all of college, other than that...graduated last year, nothing big.

Good luck to everyone!

Hopefully2012

Postby Hopefully2012 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:51 pm

egirarde wrote:
Samara wrote:

Yeah, I saw that too. Plan 2008 was actually a decent read. It helped me make the ED commitment (even though I likely will not make the cut)...

+1 Would like NU pretty badly.

EMZE

Postby EMZE » Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:53 pm

Your username would have let me to believe otherwise.

Good luck this cycle, don't think you'll need it.

WhiteGuy5

Postby WhiteGuy5 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:10 pm

EMZE wrote:

Your username would have let me to believe otherwise.

Good luck this cycle, don't think you'll need it.

Lol I sometimes forget.

JamMasterJ

Postby JamMasterJ » Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:42 pm

crumpetsandtea wrote:
EMZE wrote:fair enough. The following is service academy football is typically limited to graduates of those institutions anyway.

I'm horribly under-educated about football teams and etc etc. I've only been to 1 football game in my life, and that was only because I was running for student senate at the time. :oops: So it's most likely just me being dumbz.

And unfortunately my tar is not me. I wish I was that cool. :P (though I am seriously considering doing a cool evening christmas-lights photoshoot with my own bike, once I figure out how to light up the christmas lights from outside >_>)

so are we done with the disney tars?

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”