NU Apps '11-'12 - Good Luck Hold Candidates!!!! <3

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
curiousgeorgia

Re: NU '11-'12 Apps-Splitter Friends battle evil/rising medians

Postby curiousgeorgia » Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:34 pm

I have my interview in a few hours! Hopefully I will be able to report back some good news :)

crumpetsandtea

Postby crumpetsandtea » Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:36 pm

Samara wrote:Suuuuuuch a long wait.

Tell me about it. I'm probably going ED >> WL/deferred to RD >> wait until anywhere from Feb - June :cry: :cry:

Good luck curiousgeorgia!!!! :D The interview is really chill, I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

Samara

Postby Samara » Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:36 pm

curiousgeorgia wrote:I have my interview in a few hours! Hopefully I will be able to report back some good news :)

Good luck!

Samara

Postby Samara » Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:43 pm

crumpetsandtea wrote:

Tell me about it. I'm probably going ED >> WL/deferred to RD >> wait until anywhere from Feb - June :cry: :cry:

Good luck curiousgeorgia!!!! :D The interview is really chill, I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

Yeah, I'll be happy to get a decision before February.

elibrarian

Postby elibrarian » Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:06 pm

I would very much like it to be December now.

mijenks

Postby mijenks » Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:53 pm

My complete date just changed to today (11/15) from 11/2. Perhaps the interview was added to the file? Interview was off campus and conducted mid-October.

crumpetsandtea

Postby crumpetsandtea » Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:13 pm

elibrarian wrote:I would very much like it to be December now.

Agreeeeeeeeeeeeeed. x_x even though I know I'm not getting in via ED, it'd be nice to hear SOMETHING.

Jewel628

Postby Jewel628 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:54 pm

Hi everyone--quick question. I submitted my app through LSAC yesterday but I never received an acknowledgement of receipt from NU--is that normal? Thanks!

crumpetsandtea

Postby crumpetsandtea » Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:56 pm

Jewel628 wrote:Hi everyone--quick question. I submitted my app through LSAC yesterday but I never received an acknowledgement of receipt from NU--is that normal? Thanks!

Yep! It usually takes a few days for them to get all the info from LSAC and input it into their system. Especially now when more people are starting to send their apps in. No need to worry! :mrgreen:

kennethellenparcell

Postby kennethellenparcell » Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:57 pm

Yay, there is some activity in this thread!

elibrarian

Postby elibrarian » Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:04 pm

crumpetsandtea wrote:

Agreeeeeeeeeeeeeed. x_x even though I know I'm not getting in via ED, it'd be nice to hear SOMETHING.

I keep saying nothing feels real until I hear from NU. No other law schools exist for me!

crumpetsandtea

Postby crumpetsandtea » Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:05 pm

elibrarian wrote:
crumpetsandtea wrote:

I keep saying nothing feels real until I hear from NU. No other law schools exist for me!

:lol: :lol: I'm pretty much the same -- as long as NU shows me some love, I don't really care how the rest of my cycle goes. I hope we're classmates this time next year!!

Samara

Postby Samara » Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:12 pm

crumpetsandtea wrote:
elibrarian wrote:
crumpetsandtea wrote:

:lol: :lol: I'm pretty much the same -- as long as NU shows me some love, I don't really care how the rest of my cycle goes. I hope we're classmates this time next year!!

Yay for future classmates!

rinkrat19

Postby rinkrat19 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:14 pm

Samara wrote:
crumpetsandtea wrote:
elibrarian wrote:I keep saying nothing feels real until I hear from NU. No other law schools exist for me!

GOD, HURRY UP YOU GUYS. :wink:

Samara

Postby Samara » Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:17 pm

rinkrat19 wrote:
Samara wrote:
crumpetsandtea wrote:
elibrarian wrote:I keep saying nothing feels real until I hear from NU. No other law schools exist for me!

GOD, HURRY UP YOU GUYS. :wink:

lol I'm moving as fast as I can!

basilseal

Postby basilseal » Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:18 pm

Me five.

JustE

Postby JustE » Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:21 pm

Thinking about changing a few last min things in my PS... How important is it to submit today? Will it take 15 days to go complete?

crumpetsandtea

Postby crumpetsandtea » Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:24 pm

egirarde wrote:Thinking about changing a few last min things in my PS... How important is it to submit today? Will it take 15 days to go complete?

It took me a week from submission to go complete. And I think as long as you're before T-giving you're okay (:

JustE

Postby JustE » Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:40 pm

crumpetsandtea wrote:
egirarde wrote:Thinking about changing a few last min things in my PS... How important is it to submit today? Will it take 15 days to go complete?

It took me a week from submission to go complete. And I think as long as you're before T-giving you're okay (:

Great to hear. Thanks!

curiousgeorgia

Postby curiousgeorgia » Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:50 pm

crumpetsandtea wrote:

Interview was amazing, made me really love NU! Not stressful at all really chill like you said. Ahh my file can go complete now and the waiting begins!

darkwings

Postby darkwings » Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:11 pm

Just sent my app for ED in yesterday. New to the thread and officially obsessed. I read the earlier post about it not being likely to get in unless you are above the median in both categories. My LSAT is 171, but my GPA (from Yale) is 3.66 (~3.7). Thoughts on my chances? Yes I am freaking out and just need reassurance!! :|

Strange

Postby Strange » Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:14 pm

darkwings wrote:Just sent my app for ED in yesterday. New to the thread and officially obsessed. I read the earlier post about it not being likely to get in unless you are above the median in both categories. My LSAT is 171, but my GPA (from Yale) is 3.66 (~3.7). Thoughts on my chances? Yes I am freaking out and just need reassurance!! :|

Do you have work experience? If so, yourre in

Samara

Postby Samara » Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:24 pm

Strange wrote:
darkwings wrote:Just sent my app for ED in yesterday. New to the thread and officially obsessed. I read the earlier post about it not being likely to get in unless you are above the median in both categories. My LSAT is 171, but my GPA (from Yale) is 3.66 (~3.7). Thoughts on my chances? Yes I am freaking out and just need reassurance!! :|

In, but not necessarily for the scholarship. It's hard to say who will get offered the scholly since there is no history.

Also, welcome to the thread!

darkwings

Postby darkwings » Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:47 pm

Samara wrote:
Strange wrote:

In, but not necessarily for the scholarship. It's hard to say who will get offered the scholly since there is no history.

Also, welcome to the thread!

Have taught middle school for the last two years (and still am teaching). Ahh I hope so! I am in love with Northwestern. And thanks for the welcome!

Tim0thy222

Postby Tim0thy222 » Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:06 am

I have my off-campus interview day after tomorrow!

Can anyone tell me about the interview or link me to info about what kinds of questions will be asked? I seem to remember seeing it but can't find it right now by searching, and I don't really want to dig through this whole thread if I can avoid it.

No post-grad WE, but 2 years of 35/hr per week in UG. Hopefully I'm the exception to that daunting WE graph in the OP...

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”