NU Apps '11-'12 - Good Luck Hold Candidates!!!! <3

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
franklyscarlet

Re: NU '11-'12 Apps-Splitter Friends battle evil/rising medians

Postby franklyscarlet » Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:47 pm

JamMasterJ wrote:
UnamSanctam wrote:Is academia something you want, or do you just want that opening and are neutral toward it?

Something I've considered for the past few years. I am doing an academic-related internship and think that it would be something I'd enjoy. I know it's a bit of a pipe dream from anywhere except Yale, but I would really like to have the option.

That sabretooth facial hair is very professorly. (why am I still in this thread? Berg).

UnamSanctam

Postby UnamSanctam » Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:48 pm

JamMasterJ wrote:
UnamSanctam wrote:Is academia something you want, or do you just want that opening and are neutral toward it?

Something I've considered for the past few years. I am doing an academic-related internship and think that it would be something I'd enjoy. I know it's a bit of a pipe dream from anywhere except Yale, but I would really like to have the option.

I'll hop on the ED Chi bandwagon.

JamMasterJ

Postby JamMasterJ » Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:54 pm

franklyscarlet wrote:
JamMasterJ wrote:

That sabretooth facial hair is very professorly. (why am I still in this thread? Berg).

I think you're thinking of Beast

franklyscarlet

Postby franklyscarlet » Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:57 pm

JamMasterJ wrote:
franklyscarlet wrote:
JamMasterJ wrote:

No way- totally sabretooth. Unless I have my tinychat people mixed up.

Though beast is admittedly more professorly.

JamMasterJ

Postby JamMasterJ » Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:57 pm

franklyscarlet wrote:
JamMasterJ wrote:
franklyscarlet wrote:
JamMasterJ wrote:Something I've considered for the past few years. I am doing an academic-related internship and think that it would be something I'd enjoy. I know it's a bit of a pipe dream from anywhere except Yale, but I would really like to have the option.

No way- totally sabretooth. Unless I have my tinychat people mixed up.

That's what I meant. You didn't mix anything up

crumpetsandtea

Postby crumpetsandtea » Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:09 pm

JamMasterJ wrote:
franklyscarlet wrote:No way- totally sabretooth. Unless I have my tinychat people mixed up.

you need to make your tar sabretooth. :lol:

JamMasterJ

Postby JamMasterJ » Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:12 pm

crumpetsandtea wrote:
JamMasterJ wrote:
franklyscarlet wrote:No way- totally sabretooth. Unless I have my tinychat people mixed up.

We're the last of the splitterfriends tho

crumpetsandtea

Postby crumpetsandtea » Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:35 pm

JamMasterJ wrote:
crumpetsandtea wrote:
JamMasterJ wrote:

We're the last of the splitterfriends tho

Samara is still with us!

I might change my tar soon though :oops:

JamMasterJ

Postby JamMasterJ » Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:35 pm

when you change, I will

Eugenie Danglars

Postby Eugenie Danglars » Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:36 pm

JamMasterJ wrote:when you change, I will

follower.

;-)

Samara

Postby Samara » Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:37 pm

We're changing our 'tars? But...but...

basilseal

Postby basilseal » Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:37 pm

Tiago Splitter wrote:I tend to agree with this. NU has thrown huge scholarships at median protectors (3.8+, 170+) in the past and too often been turned down. I think the goal of the new program is just to lock those people in.

Please let this be true.

JamMasterJ

Postby JamMasterJ » Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:47 pm

Samara wrote:

We're changing our 'tars? But...but...

Not yet.

tmon

Postby tmon » Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:46 pm

What do I need on my resume for the NU interview? I have work experience during and after college, volunteer and other activities I spent significant time doing, and some random stuff at the bottom about interests. Should I include my GPA? Something about LSAT?

I've looked over the questions in the OP and practiced some answers. Should I do anything else?

Flips88

Postby Flips88 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:53 pm

tmon wrote:What do I need on my resume for the NU interview? I have work experience during and after college, volunteer and other activities I spent significant time doing, and some random stuff at the bottom about interests. Should I include my GPA? Something about LSAT?

I've looked over the questions in the OP and practiced some answers. Should I do anything else?

The pre-interview sheet will have you fill out all the stats (UGPA, LSAT, Majors, minor, etc). Still, I'd cram as much on there as you feel comfortable talking about, especially work, volunteer experience, and interests. I spent the last 5 mins or so of my interview talking with my interviewers about going to the Bright Eyes concert that night and Lollapalooza and stuff

ptorsten13

Postby ptorsten13 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:59 pm

Is it a problem to have scheduled an on-campus interview before you take the LSAT? I'm scheduled to take in December, but my interview is next week.
Last edited by ptorsten13 on Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tmon

Postby tmon » Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:01 pm

Flips88 wrote:
tmon wrote:What do I need on my resume for the NU interview? I have work experience during and after college, volunteer and other activities I spent significant time doing, and some random stuff at the bottom about interests. Should I include my GPA? Something about LSAT?

The pre-interview sheet will have you fill out all the stats (UGPA, LSAT, Majors, minor, etc). Still, I'd cram as much on there as you feel comfortable talking about, especially work, volunteer experience, and interests. I spent the last 5 mins or so of my interview talking with my interviewers about going to the Bright Eyes concert that night and Lollapalooza and stuff

Very helpful! I was thinking about removing the interests section, but now I know that can be useful. I could add "Two time Lollapalooza attendee"..... :lol:

crumpetsandtea

Postby crumpetsandtea » Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:10 pm

ptorsten13 wrote:Is it a problem to have scheduled an on-campus interview before you take the LSAT? I'm scheduled to take in December, but my interview is next week.

Not a problem at all! (: Just let them know you're taking in December when you get there.

ptorsten13

Postby ptorsten13 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:14 pm

crumpetsandtea wrote:
ptorsten13 wrote:Is it a problem to have scheduled an on-campus interview before you take the LSAT? I'm scheduled to take in December, but my interview is next week.

Not a problem at all! (: Just let them know you're taking in December when you get there.

Thanks :). For a moment, I feared that I had made an irreparably dumb ass move.

crumpetsandtea

Postby crumpetsandtea » Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:17 pm

ptorsten13 wrote:
crumpetsandtea wrote:

Nope!! <3

Samara

Postby Samara » Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:40 pm

ptorsten13 wrote:
crumpetsandtea wrote:

I interviewed before I had a score. I think if anything it's better that way because they aren't coloring their opinion of you so much by your numbers. I also put my degree major on the check-in form, not my LSAC GPA. :mrgreen:

Tim0thy222

Postby Tim0thy222 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:04 pm

Is the consensus here that if I have no WE I have no shot at NU?

I am wondering if I should even bother with the interview, since I just graduated in May and have no post-grad, full-time WE. The nearest interview city is 3 hours away from me, so it would be a pain to go if I'm an auto-ding simply because I'm a recent grad.

Eugenie Danglars

Postby Eugenie Danglars » Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:13 pm

Tim0thy222 wrote:Is the consensus here that if I have no WE I have no shot at NU?

I am wondering if I should even bother with the interview, since I just graduated in May and have no post-grad, full-time WE. The nearest interview city is 3 hours away from me, so it would be a pain to go if I'm an auto-ding simply because I'm a recent grad.

There's a few people in my class who had little to no WE before 1L, but they're in the minority for sure.

Strange

Postby Strange » Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:14 pm

Tim0thy222 wrote:Is the consensus here that if I have no WE I have no shot at NU?

Check the NU stats on the admissions website, it's like 4% of the class has no WE

crumpetsandtea

Postby crumpetsandtea » Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:16 pm

What are your numbers?

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”