NU Apps '11-'12 - Good Luck Hold Candidates!!!! <3 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
JamMasterJ

Platinum

Re: NU (NW?) Apps '11-'12 - Congratulations RD Admits! <3

Post by JamMasterJ » Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:28 pm

franklyscarlet wrote:
JamMasterJ wrote: I was jelly before, but now I'm legitimately upset
Jam, why you no come to ASW? you can be my +1.
I can't afford going out twice in a row, especially near on the weekend

Mr. Somebody

Silver

Post by Mr. Somebody » Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:37 pm

is it too late to send in a hold essay?

fingerscrossedxx

Silver

Post by fingerscrossedxx » Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:40 pm

Mr. Somebody wrote:is it too late to send in a hold essay?
Never too late.

elisterine

New

Post by elisterine » Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:42 pm

Last edited by elisterine on Sat May 05, 2012 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rinkrat19

Diamond

Post by rinkrat19 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:09 pm

elisterine wrote:I'm the one who called the admissions office and was told they were done rolling out scholarships. But, apprently there must have been some caveats, since I just got one, too! $90k, which is an amazing surprise considering I thought I was getting nothing.

I was admitted on 3/23 and submitted my essays on 3/26, if that helps anybody with figuring out their chances. The confirmation email I got when I submitted the scholarship essays said I would be considered on-time, but I must not have been in the initial batch.
These late scholarships may be using the money allotted to people who are withdrawing to go elsewhere.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

gatorapplicant

Bronze

Post by gatorapplicant » Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:14 am

elisterine wrote:I'm the one who called the admissions office and was told they were done rolling out scholarships. But, apprently there must have been some caveats, since I just got one, too! $90k, which is an amazing surprise considering I thought I was getting nothing.

I was admitted on 3/23 and submitted my essays on 3/26, if that helps anybody with figuring out their chances. The confirmation email I got when I submitted the scholarship essays said I would be considered on-time, but I must not have been in the initial batch.
congrats! i was admitted 3/23 as well and submitted the essays on 3/27. i'm still waiting to hear. not expecting anything and will probably go to NW regardless, but $$ would be amazing. you're giving me a glimmer of hope...

nini11

New

Post by nini11 » Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:07 pm

I just booked my plane ticket, so I will see some of you at ASW. I know the school has a host program where one can sleep at a students place or something. How do we apply for that? cause I am not sure I want to pay a hotel room for 3 days...

Eugenie Danglars

Gold

Post by Eugenie Danglars » Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:35 pm

nini11 wrote:I just booked my plane ticket, so I will see some of you at ASW. I know the school has a host program where one can sleep at a students place or something. How do we apply for that? cause I am not sure I want to pay a hotel room for 3 days...
I'm pretty sure all the hosts are taken at this point :(

Samara

Gold

Post by Samara » Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:56 pm

Eugenie Danglars wrote:
nini11 wrote:I just booked my plane ticket, so I will see some of you at ASW. I know the school has a host program where one can sleep at a students place or something. How do we apply for that? cause I am not sure I want to pay a hotel room for 3 days...
Didn't they just release additional host availability? I would call first thing Monday morning and check.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

nini11

New

Post by nini11 » Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:49 pm

Samara wrote:
Eugenie Danglars wrote:
Didn't they just release additional host availability? I would call first thing Monday morning and check.
Probably actually, but i will call Monday morning just in case, hopefully i find someone :)

StrictlyBusiness

Bronze

Post by StrictlyBusiness » Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:04 pm

I was able to have my $150k deferred admission changed to $120k this year and I'm really excited about it. Just put in the request on Friday and heard back a few minutes ago.

franklyscarlet

Gold

Post by franklyscarlet » Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:05 pm

StrictlyBusiness wrote:I was able to have my $150k deferred admission changed to $120k this year and I'm really excited about it. Just put in the request on Friday and heard back a few minutes ago.
congrats! So you'll be joining us?

StrictlyBusiness

Bronze

Post by StrictlyBusiness » Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:08 pm

franklyscarlet wrote:
congrats! So you'll be joining us?
Barring a Harvard admit I think that's what I've decided. Even then it'd be really tough to pass up. I visited on Friday and absolutely loved the school/city/everything.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

crumpetsandtea

Platinum

Post by crumpetsandtea » Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:13 pm

StrictlyBusiness wrote:I was able to have my $150k deferred admission changed to $120k this year and I'm really excited about it. Just put in the request on Friday and heard back a few minutes ago.
NICE, that is freaking awesome.

Also, scarlet, the apartment hunt was a fail...they wouldn't let us go because we told them we wanted to move in during August and they said it was way too early. Should've lied and said June >_<

franklyscarlet

Gold

Post by franklyscarlet » Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:14 pm

crumpetsandtea wrote:

Also, scarlet, the apartment hunt was a fail...they wouldn't let us go because we told them we wanted to move in during August and they said it was way too early. Should've lied and said June >_<
boooooo. they suck.

It actually is June for me, so I'm hoping to see at least one building on thursday.

crumpetsandtea

Platinum

Post by crumpetsandtea » Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:15 pm

franklyscarlet wrote:
crumpetsandtea wrote:

boooooo. they suck.

It actually is June for me, so I'm hoping to see at least one building on thursday.
Try checking out Chicago Apartment Finders, they'll drive you around to different places within your price range and in the area you want. Apparently they don't have a HUGE selection but at least it'll be better than just the NU housing tour.

kennethellenparcell

Bronze

Post by kennethellenparcell » Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:27 pm

crumpetsandtea wrote:

LOL yes. We also went to one of the buildings across from the law school and asked if they had any openings/could show us open apartments. Except it was like the most LUXURIOUS building ever. Pretty sure the doorman was laughing at us inside but was too nice to tell us we couldn't afford to live there.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

rinkrat19

Diamond

Post by rinkrat19 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:52 pm

OK PEOPLE!!

I think I am going to bow out of the beer and bacon tasting at Paddy Long's in Lincoln Park on Thursday (6-8pm, I believe). I am most definitely getting sick, and I want to conserve some energy to be able to go out Friday after the Follies for at least a little while. I know I'll be wiped out after traveling on Thursday, plus I'd be ditching my dad on the day we arrive in town. (I really wish he'd just flown in on Saturday night, but oh well.)

So there is a spot at the beer and bacon tasting organized by Samara that is available, and I would be happy to sell my voucher ($18) if anyone wants to join them. I think there were 5 or 6 of us going.

There does seem to be a 24-hour cancellation policy, so I (or Samara) would need to call and reduce the reservation by one by tomorrow if no one wants to use my voucher on Thursday.

http://www.paddylongs.com/

PM me and I can email the voucher PDF and we can work out payment later.

jrthor10

Bronze

Post by jrthor10 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:43 pm

Interesting rant by Johann on G+

tjddk

Bronze

Post by tjddk » Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:47 pm

Last edited by tjddk on Fri May 18, 2012 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

crumpetsandtea

Platinum

Post by crumpetsandtea » Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:03 pm

tjddk wrote:
jrthor10 wrote:Interesting rant by Johann on G+
Post please? I don't really like G+...
The gist: they realized people are bringing others that are on hold as their 'guests' for ASW, and they're not happy about it, and will be changing the guest policy for future ASWs. He also mentioned that these 'guests' have no real connection to the admitted student, which indicates that he might be talking about TLSers? I'm not sure.

Either way, I'm so glad now that I never filed/requested to bring a guest o_o eep!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Tiago Splitter

Diamond

Post by Tiago Splitter » Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:04 pm

In other news, my request to extend the scholarship deadline was denied.

tjddk

Bronze

Post by tjddk » Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:07 pm

Last edited by tjddk on Fri May 18, 2012 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kaveman

New

Post by kaveman » Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:09 pm

Johann's incessant whining and unnecessary calling people out and making fun of them on g+ and twitter makes me glad I turned down NU. I guess they expect their students to be more mature than others, but not so much their administration.

Tiago Splitter

Diamond

Post by Tiago Splitter » Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:10 pm

tjddk wrote:
Tiago Splitter wrote:In other news, my request to extend the scholarship deadline was denied.
=/ Sorry to hear. I told them that I could visit a few days after the deadline, at the earliest, and that I'd never been to Chicago. They approved my request, but it might be bc I just wanted a little extra time to visit... Were you trying to wait out another school decision/scholarship?
Well I haven't heard from one other school and figured it wouldn't hurt to ask for a bit more time. I told them I'd be visiting for the first time this weekend and wanted a few extra days. Should have taken your approach lol. Mine was an insta-reject.

I wanted to throw a number out there and tell them I'd attend if they match it, but I didn't want to go down that path until after I visited.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”