NU Apps '11-'12 - Good Luck Hold Candidates!!!! <3 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Samara

Gold

Re: NU Apps '11-'12 - Good Luck Hold Candidates!!!! <3

Post by Samara » Sun May 06, 2012 8:48 pm

wishesarefishes wrote:This is possibly the stupidest question ever but what address do we send the deposit to? Neither the admission letter (off hold FINALLY!) nor the admitted student page give a specific address for the JD program (there's an address for the joint JD-MBA program but it's the school of management). My best guess is:

Northwestern University School of Law
Office of Admissions and Financial Aid
375 East Chicago Avenue
Chicago, Illinois 60611-3069

Sorry, I'm just paranoid that I'll send my deposit to the wrong place and lose my spot somehow.
I think you're supposed to pay your deposit online, no?

rinkrat19

Diamond

Post by rinkrat19 » Sun May 06, 2012 8:50 pm

Samara wrote:
wishesarefishes wrote:This is possibly the stupidest question ever but what address do we send the deposit to? Neither the admission letter (off hold FINALLY!) nor the admitted student page give a specific address for the JD program (there's an address for the joint JD-MBA program but it's the school of management). My best guess is:

375 East Chicago Avenue

Sorry, I'm just paranoid that I'll send my deposit to the wrong place and lose my spot somehow.
Not if you haven't been given a login yet and ned to get it paid.

Samara

Gold

Post by Samara » Sun May 06, 2012 8:51 pm

rinkrat19 wrote:
Samara wrote:

375 East Chicago Avenue

Not if you haven't been given a login yet and ned to get it paid.
Good point.

whatismylife

Bronze

Post by whatismylife » Mon May 07, 2012 10:41 am

Really hoping to hear something soon....hate being on hold

Mr. Somebody

Silver

Post by Mr. Somebody » Mon May 07, 2012 11:52 am

FYI for people who are still waiting, I got in off the hold list and never wrote one of those essays

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

givemea170

Bronze

Post by givemea170 » Mon May 07, 2012 12:00 pm

Mr. Somebody wrote:FYI for people who are still waiting, I got in off the hold list and never wrote one of those essays
How were you informed? Email?

Mr. Somebody

Silver

Post by Mr. Somebody » Mon May 07, 2012 12:04 pm

givemea170 wrote:
Mr. Somebody wrote:FYI for people who are still waiting, I got in off the hold list and never wrote one of those essays
Yeah email. Then they mail you a package after (which I havent received yet)

JamMasterJ

Platinum

Post by JamMasterJ » Mon May 07, 2012 12:41 pm

Mr. Somebody wrote:
givemea170 wrote:
Yeah email. Then they mail you a package after (which I havent received yet)
same

Blumpbeef

Gold

Post by Blumpbeef » Mon May 07, 2012 4:08 pm

This morning? None of the essays at all?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

DoveBodyWash

Gold

Post by DoveBodyWash » Mon May 07, 2012 6:07 pm

lol your LSAT was also through the roof.

DoveBodyWash

Gold

Post by DoveBodyWash » Mon May 07, 2012 6:27 pm

Just got dinged from USC. no way i'm getting in at Northwestern if I didn't get USC. Those bastards took 5.5 months to reject me haha

crumpetsandtea

Platinum

Post by crumpetsandtea » Mon May 07, 2012 6:39 pm

cusenation wrote:Just got dinged from USC. no way i'm getting in at Northwestern if I didn't get USC. Those bastards took 5.5 months to reject me haha
I wouldn't be so sure! California schools are notorious for hating splitters, whereas NU is one of the most splitter-friendly T14s out there. I didn't apply to USC, but I got WL-ed at Davis and I still got into NU. Also, Hastings told me I was UR in APRIL. :lol: CA schools are cray cray.

DoveBodyWash

Gold

Post by DoveBodyWash » Mon May 07, 2012 6:42 pm

crumpetsandtea wrote:
cusenation wrote:Just got dinged from USC. no way i'm getting in at Northwestern if I didn't get USC. Those bastards took 5.5 months to reject me haha
I wouldn't be so sure! California schools are notorious for hating splitters, whereas NU is one of the most splitter-friendly T14s out there. I didn't apply to USC, but I got WL-ed at Davis and I still got into NU. Also, Hastings told me I was UR in APRIL. :lol: CA schools are cray cray.

Ahhahaha the encouragement is much appreciated! I've been checking the NU admissions twitter page all day and I'm really beginning to hate the Bluhm legal clinic.

http://twitter.com/#!/nulawadmissions

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

whatismylife

Bronze

Post by whatismylife » Tue May 08, 2012 10:16 am

cusenation wrote:
crumpetsandtea wrote:

Ahhahaha the encouragement is much appreciated! I've been checking the NU admissions twitter page all day and I'm really beginning to hate the Bluhm legal clinic.

+1!!!!!

DoveBodyWash

Gold

Post by DoveBodyWash » Tue May 08, 2012 12:02 pm

whatismylife wrote:
cusenation wrote:
crumpetsandtea wrote:

+1!!!!!
WashU just increased my scholarship...i'm assuming that they did this for most people. I"LL STILL GO TO NORTHWESTERN THOUGH! SO ACCEPT ME DAMMIT!

splitsplat

Silver

Post by splitsplat » Tue May 08, 2012 1:30 pm

cusenation wrote:WashU just increased my scholarship...i'm assuming that they did this for most people. I"LL STILL GO TO NORTHWESTERN THOUGH! SO ACCEPT ME DAMMIT!
If you don't mind me asking, was it a substantial increase?

whatismylife

Bronze

Post by whatismylife » Tue May 08, 2012 4:42 pm

gahhhhhhh I'm on the WL :(:(:(
found out via status checker, didn't get a notification

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

jhw219

New

Post by jhw219 » Tue May 08, 2012 4:48 pm

WL here as well. The status does say today's date though so maybe the e-mail just hasn't been released yet. I'm actually really surprised, thought I would get rejected for sure. Don't know if I'll stay on the WL though

Dislaw

New

Post by Dislaw » Tue May 08, 2012 5:01 pm

Status Updated to today's date, but no mention of waitlist. Am I being rejected? :-/

DoveBodyWash

Gold

Post by DoveBodyWash » Tue May 08, 2012 5:03 pm

splitsplat wrote:
cusenation wrote:WashU just increased my scholarship...i'm assuming that they did this for most people. I"LL STILL GO TO NORTHWESTERN THOUGH! SO ACCEPT ME DAMMIT!
If you don't mind me asking, was it a substantial increase?

Naw it went from 54K to 60K..I'm not sure why because I never initiated any kind of negotiation...Even with the 6K increase..it doesn't make a significant difference, but I'm grateful for it anyways. But as of right now I'm planning on re-applying next fall if I'm rejected from Northwestern

Just got waitlisted via the status checker.

jhw219

New

Post by jhw219 » Tue May 08, 2012 5:03 pm

Dislaw wrote:Status Updated to today's date, but no mention of waitlist. Am I being rejected? :-/
Did you click retrieve decision letter? It doesn't say it in the status, it still says Decision Letter Available within 24 hours but there's a new letter when you retrieve it

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Dislaw

New

Post by Dislaw » Tue May 08, 2012 5:06 pm

jhw219 wrote:
Dislaw wrote:Status Updated to today's date, but no mention of waitlist. Am I being rejected? :-/
Did you click retrieve decision letter? It doesn't say it in the status, it still says Decision Letter Available within 24 hours but there's a new letter when you retrieve it
Yeah, its the same Hold Letter from before. Dated February 6th.

zor

Bronze

Post by zor » Tue May 08, 2012 5:10 pm

Dislaw wrote:
jhw219 wrote:
Yeah, its the same Hold Letter from before. Dated February 6th.
My status checker also updated to today, and my decision letter is the old hold letter as well. I don't know that that means waitlist--I would assume that an updated letter should be loaded onto the system shortly?

DoveBodyWash

Gold

Post by DoveBodyWash » Tue May 08, 2012 5:15 pm

Sooo....for those of us that are Waitlisted...what happens from here? hahaha I'm just planning on sending the best LOCI I can come up with..but other than that it sounds like the admissions process is pretty arbitrary for Waitlisted applicants.

Does anyone know when the final deposit deadlines are for NW?

whatismylife

Bronze

Post by whatismylife » Tue May 08, 2012 5:17 pm

cusenation wrote:Sooo....for those of us that are Waitlisted...what happens from here? hahaha I'm just planning on sending the best LOCI I can come up with..but other than that it sounds like the admissions process is pretty arbitrary for Waitlisted applicants.

Does anyone know when the final deposit deadlines are for NW?
I'm gonna work really hard on a LOCI too...though I feel like I've already sent too many. Am so bummed to be on the waitlist

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”