NU Apps '11-'12 - Good Luck Hold Candidates!!!! <3 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
freestallion

Silver

Re: NU Applicants '11-'12 (ITT: We post pictures of Chi food)

Post by freestallion » Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:16 pm

Samara wrote:Oh man, I'm about to feel like a mega-nerd, but here goes:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub ... utput=html

The first sheet is my chart for application materials, the other three sheets are for my personal rankings. Unfortunately, Google didn't preserve the graph in the conversion, but the schools are sorted by weighted ranking. Also, I made my rankings while I was still a TLS noob, so if I were to redo them now, I would probably eliminate "Field of Study" since I now know that it's essentially irrelevant for me. For others though, I'm sure it would hold some weight.
:shock: Samara, this is freaking amazing. I bow down to the spreadsheet God that is you :lol:

Samara

Gold

Post by Samara » Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:18 pm

JamMasterJ wrote:Samara, this is a sweet spreadsheet. I am such a nerd. I just posted "sweet spreadsheet"
QF This is why I love TLS.

bk1

Diamond

Post by bk1 » Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:32 pm

wat is this

Samara

Gold

Post by Samara » Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:33 pm

freestallion wrote:
Samara wrote:Oh man, I'm about to feel like a mega-nerd, but here goes:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub ... utput=html

The first sheet is my chart for application materials, the other three sheets are for my personal rankings. Unfortunately, Google didn't preserve the graph in the conversion, but the schools are sorted by weighted ranking. Also, I made my rankings while I was still a TLS noob, so if I were to redo them now, I would probably eliminate "Field of Study" since I now know that it's essentially irrelevant for me. For others though, I'm sure it would hold some weight.
:shock: Samara, this is freaking amazing. I bow down to the spreadsheet God that is you :lol:
Thanks! This is what happens when I'm bored at work.

crumpetsandtea

Platinum

Post by crumpetsandtea » Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:27 pm

bk187 wrote:wat is this
Awesomeness...and maybe some of your future classmates (sorta).

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

tmon

Silver

Post by tmon » Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:32 pm

Just a heads up for people looking for interview spots, NU's Twitter just said "Please note that our limited On-Campus interviews for September are full. Don't worry, we'll post more spots in the next few weeks!" Not too helpful, but information nonetheless...

Bumi

Silver

Post by Bumi » Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:55 pm

@tweetsbyjohann wrote:2012 app process will be different than the 2011 process. I'm about to have a Bobby Ewing moment. Stay tuned.
I wonder what will turn out to have been just a dream. CPE forms? The unreliable status check website? Admitting splitters with spectacular LSAT scores who can barely dress themselves? AJD?

Regardless, as an almost-1L, good luck to the class of 2015 ( or 2014/AJD). The 2L's made life much better for my class throughout the application process, so hopefully we can pay it forward for you guys.

(edit: for the record, I'm the one who can barely dress myself in the class of 2014. I'm still not sure I'm really accepted.)

rinkrat19

Diamond

Post by rinkrat19 » Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:10 am

Bumi wrote:
@tweetsbyjohann wrote:2012 app process will be different than the 2011 process. I'm about to have a Bobby Ewing moment. Stay tuned.
I wonder what will turn out to have been just a dream. CPE forms? The unreliable status check website? Admitting splitters with spectacular LSAT scores who can barely dress themselves? AJD?

Regardless, as an almost-1L, good luck to the class of 2015 ( or 2014/AJD). The 2L's made life much better for my class throughout the application process, so hopefully we can pay it forward for you guys.

(edit: for the record, I'm the one who can barely dress myself in the class of 2014. I'm still not sure I'm really accepted.)
Good luck, Bumi! I'm vicariously excited for you and Homestyle. Did you ever manage to find yourself a proper cold weather coat? :P

elibrarian

Bronze

Post by elibrarian » Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:53 am

Quick question about the CPE. If we are submitting it through LSAC do we just print out an LOR form to attach to the CPE? The admission blog seemed to say they prefer it to be submitted through LSAC so just wanted to make sure I was doing it correctly. Thanks!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Bumi

Silver

Post by Bumi » Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:30 am

rinkrat19 wrote:Good luck, Bumi! I'm vicariously excited for you and Homestyle. Did you ever manage to find yourself a proper cold weather coat? :P
No. My hometown REI didn't have anything remotely appropriate, so I decided to wait until I moved. I'm glad I did, because I've continued to get tips from various people on what I should get, but I haven't made a final decision yet. Screw where to go to law school, this is a freaking important investment.

It seems like the two things that everyone in Chicago has a totally different conflicting opinion on are "where to live" and "what to wear when it's negative ten degrees and 50mph wind".

JamMasterJ

Platinum

Post by JamMasterJ » Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:33 am

Thanks Bumi, and good luck with 1L.

Eichörnchen

Silver

Post by Eichörnchen » Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:38 am

Bumi wrote:
rinkrat19 wrote:Good luck, Bumi! I'm vicariously excited for you and Homestyle. Did you ever manage to find yourself a proper cold weather coat? :P
No. My hometown REI didn't have anything remotely appropriate, so I decided to wait until I moved. I'm glad I did, because I've continued to get tips from various people on what I should get, but I haven't made a final decision yet. Screw where to go to law school, this is a freaking important investment.

It seems like the two things that everyone in Chicago has a totally different conflicting opinion on are "where to live" and "what to wear when it's negative ten degrees and 50mph wind".
Long down coats FTW. Also make sure that your coat doesn't have one of those little slits in the back. (I made that mistake one year :( ) Don't forget scarves too. They make a huge difference.

crumpetsandtea

Platinum

Post by crumpetsandtea » Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:18 pm

Bumi wrote:It seems like the two things that everyone in Chicago has a totally different conflicting opinion on are "where to live" and "what to wear when it's negative ten degrees and 50mph wind".
..............Oh my god. /hasneverlivedanywherewhereitgetsbelow35degreesinthewinter

Seriously though. Jesus fuck.

((also i love your name/tar bumi :D))

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

tmon

Silver

Post by tmon » Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:18 pm

crumpetsandtea wrote:
Bumi wrote:It seems like the two things that everyone in Chicago has a totally different conflicting opinion on are "where to live" and "what to wear when it's negative ten degrees and 50mph wind".
..............Oh my god. /hasneverlivedanywherewhereitgetsbelow35degreesinthewinter

Not to freak you out but....
--ImageRemoved--...from the 2011 blizzard...
Last edited by tmon on Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JamMasterJ

Platinum

Post by JamMasterJ » Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:20 pm

crumpetsandtea wrote:

+1, though I think I've told you this before.

UnamSanctam

Platinum

Post by UnamSanctam » Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:21 pm

crumpetsandtea wrote: /hasneverlivedanywherewhereitgetsbelow35degreesinthewinter
LOL. There's been times in the past few years where 32 degrees felt warm to me after our weeks in the single digits and negatives. In February/March, when the thermometer hits 50 degrees for the first time of the year, I am always tempted to go out in a t-shirt and shorts. The midwest is srs bsns.

Bumi

Silver

Post by Bumi » Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:02 pm

Eichörnchen wrote:Long down coats FTW.
Sure, if you're a woman. I have been searching the internet all morning and can't find men's down jackets that cover my, uh, more sensitive region by more than an inch. Meanwhile, women get this:

I am super jealous that I am not pretty enough to pull that off.

(Thanks, airbending fans. I'm an old, but at least I know what the kids are into.)

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Samara

Gold

Post by Samara » Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:20 pm

Bumi wrote:
Sure, if you're a woman. I have been searching the internet all morning and can't find men's down jackets that cover my, uh, more sensitive region by more than an inch. Meanwhile, women get this:

(Thanks, airbending fans. I'm an old, but at least I know what the kids are into.)
Maybe it's just because I've always lived in bitterly cold winters, but I don't have a problem with keeping my sensitive region warm. I have a nice coat from LL Bean with a high collar that does the job nicely. If you're looking for something longer though (and dressier), Macy's sells some nice coats for a decent price. I have one similar to this one that, paired with a scarf, does a pretty good job of keeping me warm.

--ImageRemoved--

tmon

Silver

Post by tmon » Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:27 pm

I suggest this:

Always be prepared.

ETA: I have one very similar to the above picture for dressier stuff. I've tried to dress it down with more casual stuff and it just doesn't work with a lot of stuff...so I don't think it can really be an everyday winter coat.

UnamSanctam

Platinum

Post by UnamSanctam » Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:29 pm

Samara wrote:--ImageRemoved--
I wish I was this guy.

Eichörnchen

Silver

Post by Eichörnchen » Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:33 pm

Bumi wrote:

That is my coat except mine's white! haha

Yay for miserable winter pics. The background of this pic sums it all up. When it's so windy and the snow stings your face. What fun:

--ImageRemoved--

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Samara

Gold

Post by Samara » Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:39 pm

Eichörnchen wrote: Yay for miserable winter pics. The background of this pic sums it all up. When it's so windy and the snow stings your face. What fun:

--ImageRemoved--
I'm trying to figure out what that is a picture of. It kind of looks like a body is getting buried on the Siberian steppe. Sergei didn't survive the gulag....

tmon

Silver

Post by tmon » Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:41 pm

Tent? Quinzee is where it's at Eich:

If anyone really can't find housing in winter just let me know :lol: .

Eichörnchen

Silver

Post by Eichörnchen » Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:43 pm

Tmon if that is really of you, I like you even more now.

And peoples that is a tent and snowshoes, both obscured by the blustering winter storm.

(Notice that it is half buried in snow haha. Tmon you're probably right because condensation was a bitch)

tmon

Silver

Post by tmon » Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:53 pm

I....don't even know if that's me or not. It's 50/50 because the third guy on the trip was like a foot taller than this. We fit five people in there and it was warmer than the cabin with a wood stove we slept in the night before. Way more fun than I imagined winter camping would be.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”