NU Apps '11-'12 - Good Luck Hold Candidates!!!! <3 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Eugenie Danglars

Gold

Re: NU (NW?) Apps '11-'12 - Congratulations RD Admits! <3

Post by Eugenie Danglars » Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:46 pm

Yaay welcome! I hope you look just like your 'tar.

franklyscarlet

Gold

Post by franklyscarlet » Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:57 pm

Bumping this thread because I love it so. Any word from Johann today?

Samara

Gold

Post by Samara » Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:01 pm

franklyscarlet wrote:Bumping this thread because I love it so. Any word from Johann today?
He tweeted that the deadline for ED holds to confirm RD consideration is approaching. I responded by asking my app person to confirm my confirmation. Maybe that's why I haven't heard back yet... Looking for any positive reason.

ETA: Oh, and he tweeted that you should only attempt to sign up for an alumni reception if you are an alumni. Hilarious.

franklyscarlet

Gold

Post by franklyscarlet » Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:02 pm

Samara wrote:
franklyscarlet wrote:Bumping this thread because I love it so. Any word from Johann today?
He tweeted that the deadline for ED holds to confirm RD consideration is approaching. I responded by asking my app person to confirm my confirmation. Maybe that's why I haven't heard back yet... Looking for any positive reason.
Should we have gotten anything confirming that?

kennethellenparcell

Bronze

Post by kennethellenparcell » Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:08 pm

franklyscarlet wrote:
Samara wrote:
No, they don't send out a confirmation. I remember I called them and they said to confirm with your file processor if you're worried. Also, Samara - you will be in very very soon. I feel it in my bones.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Samara

Gold

Post by Samara » Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:09 pm

franklyscarlet wrote:
Samara wrote:
IIRC, the resolution we reached on this was that no, you weren't supposed to get anything, which is why I emailed my guy. I'm nervous that something didn't go through correctly.

For all the ED holds out there who haven't received a decision yet, I would confirm with the office that they have your response.

franklyscarlet

Gold

Post by franklyscarlet » Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:17 pm

Ok, I sent an email. Better safe than sorry.

crumpetsandtea

Platinum

Post by crumpetsandtea » Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:44 pm

kennethellenparcell wrote:No, they don't send out a confirmation. I remember I called them and they said to confirm with your file processor if you're worried. Also, Samara - you will be in very very soon. I feel it in my bones.
+93849285723950241

JustE

Silver

Post by JustE » Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:46 pm

crumpetsandtea wrote:
kennethellenparcell wrote:No, they don't send out a confirmation. I remember I called them and they said to confirm with your file processor if you're worried. Also, Samara - you will be in very very soon. I feel it in my bones.
+93849285723950241
+9

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Samara

Gold

Post by Samara » Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:46 pm

crumpetsandtea wrote:
+93849285723950241
Thanks for encouragement. I'm hoping to get another LOR in soon, but I'm kind of worried to send it and have my app get shoved to the bottom of the pile. Why doesn't Johann like me?!

kennethellenparcell

Bronze

Post by kennethellenparcell » Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:56 pm

Johann LOVES you! He just doesn't want to spread his love too thin and must put it out into the world in small doses. He is proceeding alphabetically, by our TLS names.
Samara wrote:
crumpetsandtea wrote:
+93849285723950241
Thanks for encouragement. I'm hoping to get another LOR in soon, but I'm kind of worried to send it and have my app get shoved to the bottom of the pile. Why doesn't Johann like me?!

crumpetsandtea

Platinum

Post by crumpetsandtea » Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:14 pm

kennethellenparcell wrote:Johann LOVES you! He just doesn't want to spread his love too thin and must put it out into the world in small doses. He is proceeding alphabetically, by our TLS names.
Best. Explanation. EVER. XD

And Samara, Johann is just being coy with you. He'll come 'round soon, I know it.

Want_My_Life_Back

New

Post by Want_My_Life_Back » Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:57 pm

kennethellenparcell wrote:Johann LOVES you! He just doesn't want to spread his love too thin and must put it out into the world in small doses. He is proceeding alphabetically, by our TLS names.
Samara wrote:
crumpetsandtea wrote:
+93849285723950241
damn...

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

JustE

Silver

Post by JustE » Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:59 pm

crumpetsandtea wrote:

And Samara, Johann is just being coy with you. He'll come 'round soon, I know it.
+9

franklyscarlet

Gold

Post by franklyscarlet » Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:00 pm

crumpetsandtea wrote:

But... But that means He missed me :(

Samara

Gold

Post by Samara » Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:02 pm

franklyscarlet wrote:
crumpetsandtea wrote:

Nope, you're scarlet, so you'll be right after me.

crumpetsandtea

Platinum

Post by crumpetsandtea » Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:04 pm

Samara wrote:
franklyscarlet wrote:
crumpetsandtea wrote:

Yup! After all, E got in with me + 'e'mkay, right? :D :D

THE LOGIC IS FLAWLESS

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

fingerscrossedxx

Silver

Post by fingerscrossedxx » Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:14 pm

crumpetsandtea wrote:
Samara wrote:
franklyscarlet wrote:
crumpetsandtea wrote: Best. Explanation. EVER. XD

Yup! After all, E got in with me + 'e'mkay, right? :D :D

THE LOGIC IS FLAWLESS
hahaha honestly I love you people. The NU thread never disappoints :D

barneytrouble

Bronze

Post by barneytrouble » Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:08 am

Did everyone here do the optional essays? I'm having writer's block and just want to get the app in.

JustE

Silver

Post by JustE » Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:11 am

barneytrouble wrote:Did everyone here do the optional essays? I'm having writer's block and just want to get the app in.
Of course we did! Everyone here loves NU. :D

Read Plan 2008 or the strategic plan if you need any material.

crooked

Bronze

Post by crooked » Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:12 am

barneytrouble wrote:Did everyone here do the optional essays? I'm having writer's block and just want to get the app in.
From Johann Lee's (the assistant dean of admission at NU) Google+:
Who are we kidding? Optional essays are not really optional! :) If you can't write a "Why X School" essay, should you really be applying to that school?
I'd say based on their strong preference for optional essays, it's worth putting in the extra effort.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

FavoriteColorGRUE

Bronze

Post by FavoriteColorGRUE » Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:15 am

I did because I'm obsessed with NU! I don't know if it actually helped, but I'm sure it can't hurt... I would recommend reading through the materials on the website, etc. -- you'll find tons of great stuff to write about on there. : )

Samara

Gold

Post by Samara » Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:20 am

crooked wrote:
Who are we kidding? Optional essays are not really optional! :) If you can't write a "Why X School" essay, should you really be applying to that school?
I'd say based on their strong preference for optional essays, it's worth putting in the extra effort.
This. I wrote a Why NU.

kennethellenparcell

Bronze

Post by kennethellenparcell » Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:20 am

I wrote a Why NU (based on awesome advice from here). Recommend doing so! Unless you absolutely have nothing good to say. Writing a Why NU really made me solidify the reasons why I love this school.

But to help on topics to write about:
(1) Academic stuff: a prof you really like or a program you really like (clinics, journals, etc.)
(2) Personal stuff: geographic location, personal circumstances, something unique about the school that really attracts you.

There's a good Why X article on TLS too. http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 22&t=94015

Good luck!

barneytrouble

Bronze

Post by barneytrouble » Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:20 am

crooked wrote:
hahaha so happy i posted before submitting this morning... thanks

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”