NU Apps '11-'12 - Good Luck Hold Candidates!!!! <3 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
crumpetsandtea

Platinum

Re: NU (NW?) Apps '11-'12 - Congratulations RD Admits! <3

Post by crumpetsandtea » Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:38 pm

chill wrote:
crumpetsandtea wrote:Okay here are the photos!!! Sorry for shitty quality friends D:
I WANT ONE.
You'll get one!!!! I am very romantically snuggling mine in bed right now, reading th admitted students guide. I think it's pretty similar to the info on their website.

JDizzle2015

Silver

Post by JDizzle2015 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:47 pm

chill

Bronze

Post by chill » Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:49 pm

crumpetsandtea wrote:
chill wrote:
crumpetsandtea wrote:Okay here are the photos!!! Sorry for shitty quality friends D:
I WANT ONE.
You'll get one!!!! I am very romantically snuggling mine in bed right now, reading th admitted students guide. I think it's pretty similar to the info on their website.
Truth: my SO just got into Northwestern, and I fully plan on stealing sharing the guide as soon as it arrives. No doubt it will be the most romantic evening of our relationship.

JustE

Silver

Post by JustE » Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:22 pm

Made it.

Aqualung

New

Post by Aqualung » Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:51 pm

I'm checking in. I applied on 11/4 and went complete on the same day. I have not heard anything from Northwestern since. How's everyone doing?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

cactuarX3

Silver

Post by cactuarX3 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:55 pm

Page 180!! NO MORE POSTS!!

freestallion

Silver

Post by freestallion » Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:56 pm

Wow... very impressed by the portfolio! I love it...but wondering if I can use it if I don't go to NU law? Maybe for non-professional stuff...haha.

JustE

Silver

Post by JustE » Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:21 pm

freestallion wrote:Wow... very impressed by the portfolio! I love it...but wondering if I can use it if I don't go to NU law? Maybe for non-professional stuff...haha.
Same here! I was amazed they sent these to all admits. Going to have a blast looking at this and the NYU pizza box tonight after I do my taxes... :(

crumpetsandtea

Platinum

Post by crumpetsandtea » Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:24 pm

Ummm I'm sorry if you plan on using the portfolio, you MUST attend NU. It's just wrong not to.

:mrgreen: Guess FS and E are joining us in Chicago, then?? :lol:

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

rinkrat19

Diamond

Post by rinkrat19 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:27 pm

freestallion wrote:Wow... very impressed by the portfolio! I love it...but wondering if I can use it if I don't go to NU law? Maybe for non-professional stuff...haha.
Meh, go ahead and use it! You were an NU Law ADMIT not matter what, right? :wink:

What I'm supposed to do with the massive box of stationery that IU-Bloomy sent me, OTOH, I do not know. Really nice watermarked scratch paper? (Is IU-B sending that out again this year?)

cactuarX3

Silver

Post by cactuarX3 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:29 pm

crumpetsandtea wrote:Ummm I'm sorry if you plan on using the portfolio, you MUST attend NU. It's just wrong not to.

Just checked the statute books. This is indeed the rule.

mlperry6

New

Post by mlperry6 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:33 pm

I'm growing hopeless, ya'll. No update since 11/15 (RD). Hoping to hear news (ANY NEWS) on Friday.

crumpetsandtea

Platinum

Post by crumpetsandtea » Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:34 pm

rinkrat19 wrote:Meh, go ahead and use it! You were an NU Law ADMIT not matter what, right? :wink:
Sssssshhhhh rinkrat, don't tell them that!!! :lol:

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

crumpetsandtea

Platinum

Post by crumpetsandtea » Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:35 pm

mlperry6 wrote:I'm growing hopeless, ya'll. No update since 11/15 (RD). Hoping to hear news (ANY NEWS) on Friday.
If it makes you feel better, it seems like they're taking their sweet time with RD-ers: the majority of admits have been ED --> Hold.

Kring345

Bronze

Post by Kring345 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:38 pm

mlperry6 wrote:I'm growing hopeless, ya'll. No update since 11/15 (RD). Hoping to hear news (ANY NEWS) on Friday.
Ive been complete since SEPTEMBER. It's all good. Just put your patience pants on.

mijenks

Bronze

Post by mijenks » Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:43 pm

Complete since 11/15. Well, actually before that, but I sent a gentle nudge email to admissions a week or two after my interview and they set it to complete then.

But really I just wanted to post on 180.

JustE

Silver

Post by JustE » Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:53 pm

crumpetsandtea wrote:Ummm I'm sorry if you plan on using the portfolio, you MUST attend NU. It's just wrong not to.

Crumps... I honestly don't have a clue what I'm going to do. :( Can't wait to visit Chicago, though!!!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

crumpetsandtea

Platinum

Post by crumpetsandtea » Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:57 pm

JustE wrote:Crumps... I honestly don't have a clue what I'm going to do. :( Can't wait to visit Chicago, though!!!
I hope NU gives you moniez or something. Or, wait, did you get into Chi? Cause Chi is also acceptable, because we can still hang out and stuffs. :D

lsatcrazy

Bronze

Post by lsatcrazy » Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:07 pm

Sorry to ruin page 180 with a financial aid question...I just got the email about FA, and they make it clear that they do not differentiate b/w merit and need-based, and that you need to file a Need-Access to get anything. A few questions:
1. If you aren't getting need-based, do you need to file a FAFSA too?
2. Anyone know which of the other T14s do this merit/need-combination thing?
There's no way I'm getting need-based, so filling out a FAFSA etc. seems like a huge waste.../sigh...

crumpetsandtea

Platinum

Post by crumpetsandtea » Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:10 pm

lsatcrazy wrote:Sorry to ruin page 180 with a financial aid question...I just got the email about FA, and they make it clear that they do not differentiate b/w merit and need-based, and that you need to file a Need-Access to get anything. A few questions:
There's no way I'm getting need-based, so filling out a FAFSA etc. seems like a huge waste.../sigh...
You need to fill out all of the forms to qualify for need or merit based money. The process is the same for both, and they base awards on "a combination of need and merit." FWIW, based on previous students' experiences, they almost completely base it on merit, and the "need" part is just spin. The people with the better stats still get more $$$, so if you've got good #s I think it's completely worth your time to apply.

Smumps

Bronze

Post by Smumps » Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:12 pm

Good to see other people with complete dates before me. Anyone else near 12/15 still waiting/pining?

/pine

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

aekea

Bronze

Post by aekea » Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:12 pm

lsatcrazy wrote:Sorry to ruin page 180 with a financial aid question...I just got the email about FA, and they make it clear that they do not differentiate b/w merit and need-based, and that you need to file a Need-Access to get anything. A few questions:
You never know. If I remember correctly, NU doesn't look at your parent financial information so unless you're independently wealthy, you might qualify.

Samara

Gold

Post by Samara » Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:15 pm

aekea wrote:
You never know. If I remember correctly, NU doesn't look at your parent financial information so unless you're independently wealthy, you might qualify.
They don't ask for your parent's info, but FAFSA might if you aren't "independent." I don't remember.

Are you so disqualified for need-based that you wouldn't even qualify for loans? Because you have to fill out FAFSA to get loans. And if you're paying for it in cash, leave the schollies for the rest of us. :wink:

crumpetsandtea

Platinum

Post by crumpetsandtea » Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:17 pm

aekea wrote:
THEY DON'T?????? YESSSSSSSSSSSS

although I AM still listed as a dependent. ): But if you look at MY finances, I'm pretty po'

cactuarX3

Silver

Post by cactuarX3 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:18 pm

aekea wrote:
what is the definition of "wealthy" here?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”