NU Apps '11-'12 - Good Luck Hold Candidates!!!! <3 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
JamMasterJ

Platinum

Re: NU '11-'12 Apps-Splitter Friends battle evil/rising medians

Post by JamMasterJ » Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:08 pm

Eugenie Danglars wrote:
Kring345 wrote:
crumpetsandtea wrote:
mottainai wrote:I'm flying out to Chicago tomorrow. Pretty nervous for the interview. This thread has been a godsend so far - keep it up everyone.
Good luck!!!! I'm glad the thread was helpful for you <3 That's what it's here for!!
Ive noticed a trend. You appear to be one of the nicest people in the world. Being serious. That is all.
I've had the pleasure of meeting Miss Crumps, and this is true in real life as well.

Carry on!
this is credited

tmon

Silver

Post by tmon » Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:23 pm

Rinkrat! The Dominick's in the Edgewater neighborhood does in fact sell Tillamook cheese! Just remembered when I went to the store this evening :lol:
It's not one of the cheaper brands; I think it was like 5.99 for 16 ounces. But they sell it.

crumpetsandtea

Platinum

Post by crumpetsandtea » Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:26 pm

JamMasterJ wrote:
Eugenie Danglars wrote:
Kring345 wrote:Ive noticed a trend. You appear to be one of the nicest people in the world. Being serious. That is all.
I've had the pleasure of meeting Miss Crumps, and this is true in real life as well. Carry on!
this is credited
Oh my. :oops: :oops: I promise you this title is completely undeserved. :lol: But thanks anyway <3 y'all are the BEST.

rinkrat19

Diamond

Post by rinkrat19 » Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:40 pm

tmon wrote:Rinkrat! The Dominick's in the Edgewater neighborhood does in fact sell Tillamook cheese! Just remembered when I went to the store this evening :lol:
It's not one of the cheaper brands; I think it was like 5.99 for 16 ounces. But they sell it.
Hooray! :D Thanks for noticing!
That sounds like about what we pay here, actually. (Well, I usually buy it at Costco in 2.5lb bricks, but once in a while I'm forced to pay the regular grocery price.)

bdubs

Gold

Post by bdubs » Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:44 pm

rinkrat19 wrote:
tmon wrote:Rinkrat! The Dominick's in the Edgewater neighborhood does in fact sell Tillamook cheese! Just remembered when I went to the store this evening :lol:
Hooray! :D Thanks for noticing!
That sounds like about what we pay here, actually. (Well, I usually buy it at Costco in 2.5lb bricks, but once in a while I'm forced to pay the regular grocery price.)
Dominick's in Streeterville also has Tillamook

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Eugenie Danglars

Gold

Post by Eugenie Danglars » Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:46 pm

I have never heard of this cheese, but I am enjoying pronouncing it in my head.

Tiiiiillamook. Teeeelamoooooook. Tillamooooooooooooooooook.

thelawyler

Silver

Post by thelawyler » Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:34 pm

Eugenie Danglars wrote:I have never heard of this cheese, but I am enjoying pronouncing it in my head.

It's amazing cheese.

Samara

Gold

Post by Samara » Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:35 pm

Eugenie Danglars wrote:I have never heard of this cheese, but I am enjoying pronouncing it in my head.

haha, are you Zippy the Pinhead now?

rinkrat19

Diamond

Post by rinkrat19 » Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:02 pm

It's a farmer-owned co-op on the Oregon coast. We can also get other dairy products (butter, really good ice cream, sour cream, etc.) out here, but I think the cheese is the only product they distribute more nationally.

The sharp cheddar is the standard by which I measure all other cheese. :)

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Eugenie Danglars

Gold

Post by Eugenie Danglars » Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:09 pm

Samara wrote:

Wut?

(And googling didn't help...)

rinkrat19

Diamond

Post by rinkrat19 » Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:12 pm

Eugenie Danglars wrote:
Samara wrote:

Wut?

I remember Zippy but I am not catching the reference either. Did he pronounce words weird?

Samara

Gold

Post by Samara » Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:41 pm

rinkrat19 wrote:
Eugenie Danglars wrote:
Samara wrote:

Wut?

I remember Zippy but I am not catching the reference either. Did he pronounce words weird?
haha, yeah, one of the recurring "jokes" in Zippy the Pinhead is that he likes to repeat odd or interesting words to himself, often with different pronunciations. I have to admit, it's kind of fun.

It took me so long to get Zippy the Pinhead, but I'm a fan now. Such a delightfully weird comic strip.

ETA: This link explains it a bit: http://www.zippythepinhead.com/pages/lessonthree.html

tmon

Silver

Post by tmon » Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:38 pm

New G+ mailbag. It's short, so I'll just paste it in.
Mailbag #4: Part I: three very quick questions

No intro this week-- getting busy around here.

Q: I just heard about the new ED program. I want to do it but can't make it out to Chicago for the interview by Nov 15th. What should I do?
A: Due to demand, we have extended the on-campus interviewing deadline to December 9th. This will not impact the review or decision timeline for those that have previously applied.

Q: I want to ED. But-- I completed an interview off-campus. Do I need to do an on-campus interview too?
A: We are reviewing these cases on a case by case basis. Please e-mail the admissions office with your request at: admissions@law.northwestern.edu

Q: I'm waiting for my December scores before applying. Is it possible to get an off-campus interview in January?
A: It is possible to conduct an off-campus interview in January. However, the request must be made prior to the off-campus deadline: December 1st. Requests will not be taken after that date.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Strange

Silver

Post by Strange » Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:17 pm

By demand, are they saying there's tons of interest in the ED program? Seems word has gotten around then even though they weren't advertising it heavily.

emkay625

Gold

Post by emkay625 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:39 pm

Sigh. It looks like more and more people are EDing.

I didn't think I was getting in ED, but I was hoping it would increase my chances for the regular applicant pool. Now it looks like that won't happen since so many people are doing it.

elibrarian

Bronze

Post by elibrarian » Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:42 pm

Ugh...I am (more) worried now.

emkay625

Gold

Post by emkay625 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:55 pm

Also, bought Tillamook this evening.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

rinkrat19

Diamond

Post by rinkrat19 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:57 pm

emkay625 wrote:Also, bought Tillamook this evening.
:D

moshid

New

Post by moshid » Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:15 pm

Just had my interview this morning. Should i send a thank-you note (or e-mail)? She really was very helpful, but I don't want to come off as though I'm kissing ass.

Strange

Silver

Post by Strange » Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:16 pm

moshid wrote:Just had my interview this morning. Should i send a thank-you note (or e-mail)? She really was very helpful, but I don't want to come off as though I'm kissing ass.
I don't think its necessary. The office is obviously super busy this time of year, and they have 3,000-5,000 interviews. I never sent one.

crumpetsandtea

Platinum

Post by crumpetsandtea » Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:21 pm

moshid wrote:Just had my interview this morning. Should i send a thank-you note (or e-mail)? She really was very helpful, but I don't want to come off as though I'm kissing ass.
I had my interview the week before LSAT scores came out, so I sent one to update her on my score (we talked about it in the interview) and thank her. I really don't think it matters either way, though: like Strange said, they are undoubtedly swamped with paperwork and emails right now.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

moshid

New

Post by moshid » Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:25 pm

crumpetsandtea wrote:
I had my interview the week before LSAT scores came out, so I sent one to update her on my score (we talked about it in the interview) and thank her. I really don't think it matters either way, though: like Strange said, they are undoubtedly swamped with paperwork and emails right now.
well, this was an off-campus interview. she's an alumnus of the school, a lawyer who interviews a few candidates a year. i don't mean to send the thank-you note as a way of boosting my chances of admittance, i just meant whether it would be rude not to.

basilseal

Bronze

Post by basilseal » Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:33 pm

moshid wrote:
crumpetsandtea wrote:
well, this was an off-campus interview. she's an alumnus of the school, a lawyer who interviews a few candidates a year. i don't mean to send the thank-you note as a way of boosting my chances of admittance, i just meant whether it would be rude not to.
I sent a handwritten note. Others here can speak to the wisdom or foolishness of this but in my work, I always remember when someone (client/vendor/etc) sends a note.

moshid

New

Post by moshid » Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:55 pm

basilseal wrote:
moshid wrote:
crumpetsandtea wrote:
I sent a handwritten note. Others here can speak to the wisdom or foolishness of this but in my work, I always remember when someone (client/vendor/etc) sends a note.
Thanks for the reply. I think I will.

foxylaxy

Bronze

Post by foxylaxy » Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:44 pm

moshid wrote:
basilseal wrote:
moshid wrote:
Thanks for the reply. I think I will.
I sent a thank you e-mail the same day. I thanked her for both her time and some of the advice she gave me so it was a little more personal. My interview was with an admissions officer.

I don't know that it's necessary to send a thank you note, but I think it's polite.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”