Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
teacher10456
Posts: 54
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:16 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby teacher10456 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:43 pm

lats19nys wrote:
teacher10456 wrote:Hi Everyone,

I am not sure that this is the correct place to post this question, but considering you have all already applied I was hoping I could get an answer.

Is it possible to have my undergraduate school fax the Dean's letter? The school will not mail it unless I send them a stamped envelope and as I do not live in the same city/state I cannot go pick it up and send it myself. I see that the form said it "will not be sent electronically" but is fax included in that? Thanks in advance!


? Your school won't mail it without getting an envelope? That seems odd. But also you can't send them one? Idk, it all seems odd. But anyway, my school mailed it. However, they made an error, and after talking with Stanford, they let them update the form with a fax.




I can send them one, but with the holiday coming up I was hoping I could avoid having it take 2-3 weeks to get there. If it is faxed or emailed it could be waiting at the office when everyone returns from break. Thank you for your help!

User avatar
LaCumparsita
Posts: 319
Joined: Sun May 01, 2011 11:54 am

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby LaCumparsita » Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:27 am

Is it too early to send a fourth rec letter in? LOL

User avatar
Stig
Posts: 62
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:00 am

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Stig » Sat Dec 24, 2011 4:20 am

For those with questions who might like the input of current SLS students, I created this thread: CLICK ME

Feel free to post questions, I'll try to check back often to answer!

User avatar
Elendil
Posts: 516
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:45 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Elendil » Tue Dec 27, 2011 3:33 pm

What time do we think some more calls might start coming through today...? :)

User avatar
Blessedassurance
Posts: 2081
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:42 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Blessedassurance » Tue Dec 27, 2011 3:36 pm

Elendil wrote:What time do we think some more calls might start coming through today...? :)


Depends. How good are you with a ouija board?

User avatar
amc987
Posts: 568
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:58 am

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby amc987 » Tue Dec 27, 2011 3:40 pm

It's still pretty early in California. I'm guessing her calls will start later today and earlier tomorrow. Maybe 5ish EST??

User avatar
bk641
Posts: 109
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:22 am

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby bk641 » Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:07 pm

err... wow. i was complete on 12/9 and didn't realise it until today. lsac never gave me notification that my transcript's update had actually completed....

User avatar
amc987
Posts: 568
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:58 am

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby amc987 » Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:03 pm

So my prediction that Dean Deal would make some calls yesterday was either the worst prediction ever or she just didn't call anyone on TLS or LSN. Did anyone receive a call yesterday that we know of??

User avatar
Perdevise
Posts: 367
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:45 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Perdevise » Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:10 pm

This will sound lame, but I dreamt that the dean called me to let me know I was waitlisted.

User avatar
Elendil
Posts: 516
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:45 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Elendil » Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:15 pm

amc987 wrote:So my prediction that Dean Deal would make some calls yesterday was either the worst prediction ever or she just didn't call anyone on TLS or LSN. Did anyone receive a call yesterday that we know of??


Haven't heard of anyone, though her blog said that she would be calling people yesterday and today... I probably still have awhile of waiting before there's even a chance of me receiving an offer, but here's to hoping for some calls today! :)

addy11
Posts: 479
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:01 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby addy11 » Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:16 pm

Perdevise wrote:This will sound lame, but I dreamt that the dean called me to let me know I was waitlisted.


Obviously the lameness depends on whether or not you were excited :P

User avatar
510Chicken
Posts: 88
Joined: Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:50 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby 510Chicken » Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:29 pm

Got a call at 8:25 this morning. Good luck to everyone else.

User avatar
Elendil
Posts: 516
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:45 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Elendil » Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:48 pm

510Chicken wrote:Got a call at 8:25 this morning. Good luck to everyone else.


Congratulations!! Time zone...?

lats19nys
Posts: 94
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:26 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby lats19nys » Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:49 pm

510Chicken wrote:Got a call at 8:25 this morning. Good luck to everyone else.


jw, when did you submit your app?

User avatar
510Chicken
Posts: 88
Joined: Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:50 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby 510Chicken » Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:08 pm

lats19nys wrote:jw, when did you submit your app?

I'm on the West Coast (PST). I submitted on 9/18 (received 9/21) but was still missing my Dean's cert on 10/5. Although I resubmitted, I didn't bother to look at the status checker after that since I didn't think I would get in, so I don't know when I went complete.

perspective
Posts: 54
Joined: Sun Nov 29, 2009 7:02 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby perspective » Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:03 pm

Getting a phone call today would soooooooo make my holiday season.

calitodc
Posts: 24
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:36 am

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby calitodc » Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:34 pm

Got the call about an hour ago. Complete 10/20, 3.9/169. Soooo excited!!

She said most people haven't been answering their phones this morning. So people will probably be getting emails later on today. Good luck!

User avatar
vincanity1
Posts: 544
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:40 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby vincanity1 » Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:35 pm

calitodc wrote:Got the call about an hour ago. Complete 10/20, 3.9/169. Soooo excited!!

She said most people haven't been answering their phones this morning. So people will probably be getting emails later on today. Good luck!


That's incredible. Congratulations.

User avatar
takehold
Posts: 67
Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:48 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby takehold » Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:39 pm

Just got in today, though I feel bad because I'm one of those that missed Dean Deal's call! Still in shock. Hope there are many more acceptances going out today!

gimelstein315
Posts: 41
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2011 5:10 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby gimelstein315 » Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:57 pm

When did u go complete? Congrats!

User avatar
takehold
Posts: 67
Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:48 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby takehold » Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:11 pm

gimelstein315 wrote:When did u go complete? Congrats!


Sent 10/05, complete 10/21.

User avatar
mickeyD
Posts: 357
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:43 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby mickeyD » Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:34 pm

Has anyone that went complete in November been accepted yet? Not exactly expecting much from Stanford with my low GPA, just wondering when I should extinguish my tiny, foolish embers of hope.

User avatar
amc987
Posts: 568
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:58 am

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby amc987 » Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:45 pm

mickeyD wrote:Has anyone that went complete in November been accepted yet? Not exactly expecting much from Stanford with my low GPA, just wondering when I should extinguish my tiny, foolish embers of hope.


No, so far I think that the latest complete date has been around 10/20. We need ladybug or soj to do a recap, though!

User avatar
ladybug89
Posts: 273
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:57 am

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby ladybug89 » Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:24 pm

amc987 wrote:
mickeyD wrote:Has anyone that went complete in November been accepted yet? Not exactly expecting much from Stanford with my low GPA, just wondering when I should extinguish my tiny, foolish embers of hope.


No, so far I think that the latest complete date has been around 10/20. We need ladybug or soj to do a recap, though!


hahaha. okok, here ya go - recap of all thread admits so far (for people without stats in their profiles, i stalked your post history. if you'd prefer i didn't include them here, please let me know and i will remove them.)

The last complete date is 10/21, which means admits submitted in early-mid October at the latest.

first two (?) waves:
n4elise - 3.8, 180, submitted first day app opened
AmandaPB - 4.1, 170, submitted 9/15
MoC - 4.0, 174, submitted 9/15
Raj - 3.9, 170, submitted 9/30
igelchen - 3.8, 177, submitted 9/23
1212 - 3.77, 167, submitted 10/09
omnivore - 4.1X, 170, submitted first week of October... don't remember the exact date.

admits on 12/28:
510chicken - 3.8/177, complete some time after 10/5
calitodc - 3.9/169, complete 10/20
takehold - 3.8+, 172+, complete 10/21

[edited to eliminate repetition]

User avatar
mickeyD
Posts: 357
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:43 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby mickeyD » Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:59 pm

ladybug89 wrote:
amc987 wrote:
mickeyD wrote:Has anyone that went complete in November been accepted yet? Not exactly expecting much from Stanford with my low GPA, just wondering when I should extinguish my tiny, foolish embers of hope.


No, so far I think that the latest complete date has been around 10/20. We need ladybug or soj to do a recap, though!


hahaha. okok, here ya go - recap of all thread admits so far (for people without stats in their profiles, i stalked your post history. if you'd prefer i didn't include them here, please let me know and i will remove them.)

The last complete date is 10/21, which means admits submitted in early-mid October at the latest.

first two (?) waves:
n4elise - 3.8, 180, submitted first day app opened
AmandaPB - 4.1, 170, submitted 9/15
MoC - 4.0, 174, submitted 9/15
Raj - 3.9, 170, submitted 9/30
igelchen - 3.8, 177, submitted 9/23
1212 - 3.77, 167, submitted 10/09
omnivore - 4.1X, 170, submitted first week of October... don't remember the exact date.

admits on 12/28:
510chicken - 3.8/177, complete some time after 10/5
calitodc - 3.9/169, complete 10/20
takehold - 3.8+, 172+, complete 10/21

[edited to eliminate repetition]


Thanks so much! Youre awesome :D

Submitted at the end of October so there's still (a tiny bit of) hope!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: amberb94, bigv, greengrass, hammy393, jhatche2, Leahmealone, NotAGolfer and 17 guests