Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
AmandaPB
Posts: 430
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:37 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby AmandaPB » Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:23 pm

MumofCad wrote:I just got an email from Dean Deal! I'm in such shock, I don't know what to say other than that. I wonder what's wrong with my phone now too. I've been sitting on it lol. So I'm not sure when I actually got in because it said she'd been trying to contact me but was unable to reach me.

Yayyyy, congrats! Hope to see you at ASW!

splbagel
Posts: 380
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:53 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby splbagel » Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:25 pm

MumofCad wrote:I just got an email from Dean Deal! I'm in such shock, I don't know what to say other than that. I wonder what's wrong with my phone now too. I've been sitting on it lol. So I'm not sure when I actually got in because it said she'd been trying to contact me but was unable to reach me.


Horay!!! Congrats and a half!

MumofCad
Posts: 974
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:46 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby MumofCad » Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:34 pm

bleepbloop wrote:
MumofCad wrote:I just got an email from Dean Deal! I'm in such shock, I don't know what to say other than that. I wonder what's wrong with my phone now too. I've been sitting on it lol. So I'm not sure when I actually got in because it said she'd been trying to contact me but was unable to reach me.


Congratulations! :D When did you go complete??


Thanks everyone!

And very sorry. In my shock, I totally forgot

I submitted 9/15 and went complete...I'm not sure, but it was really early so I'm def in the first group of applicants to be reviewed whenever it was. I had sent my Dean's Certificate in over the summer.

ETA: I had put it on LSN - complete 9/19

User avatar
ladybug89
Posts: 273
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:57 am

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby ladybug89 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:39 pm

yeeeeah congratulations mum and amanda!

Mark_LS
Posts: 16
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:17 am

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Mark_LS » Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:54 pm

tamereth wrote:Great info! Thanks for compiling it. There's really not much I can say about the wait period beyond... please, Stanford, you'll kill me if you take until April.

I can't take the credit I'm afraid - I stole it from the 2010 version of this thread.

Congratulations to those who've gotten in. From what I've seen, that really is an accomplishment.

MumofCad
Posts: 974
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:46 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby MumofCad » Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:13 pm

AmandaPB wrote:
MumofCad wrote:I just got an email from Dean Deal! I'm in such shock, I don't know what to say other than that. I wonder what's wrong with my phone now too. I've been sitting on it lol. So I'm not sure when I actually got in because it said she'd been trying to contact me but was unable to reach me.

Yayyyy, congrats! Hope to see you at ASW!


You can not believe how nice ASW in Palo Alto sounds right now from the cold Northeast lol. I'm a native Oregonian so there is no doubt that northern Cali weather is my dream.

And in case this comes up, I just checked my status checker and it still says submitted for review. No doubt a call/email will be the first indication of movement.

Kimberly
Posts: 120
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:45 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Kimberly » Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:41 pm

Congrats to Mum and Amanda! 2 down.... several to go! Mum, I have read so many of your posts and I am so impressed by you that I really hope I get to meet you on the ASW trail. Will you please wear a name tag that says MoC... That way I will recognize you when I see you (assuming I get into the stellar schools you have already been accepted to)....

MumofCad
Posts: 974
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:46 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby MumofCad » Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:43 am

Kimberly wrote:Congrats to Mum and Amanda! 2 down.... several to go! Mum, I have read so many of your posts and I am so impressed by you that I really hope I get to meet you on the ASW trail. Will you please wear a name tag that says MoC... That way I will recognize you when I see you (assuming I get into the stellar schools you have already been accepted to)....


That's really nice! You'll know me by the cane ;) Seriously though, I'll have a 3 month old so look for someone who seems like they are already halfway through the sleepless nights of 1L.

I hope to meet you and others in the thread at ASWs too! We'll have to have an extra drink to celebrate!

splbagel
Posts: 380
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:53 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby splbagel » Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:41 am

MumofCad wrote:
Kimberly wrote:Congrats to Mum and Amanda! 2 down.... several to go! Mum, I have read so many of your posts and I am so impressed by you that I really hope I get to meet you on the ASW trail. Will you please wear a name tag that says MoC... That way I will recognize you when I see you (assuming I get into the stellar schools you have already been accepted to)....


That's really nice! You'll know me by the cane ;) Seriously though, I'll have a 3 month old so look for someone who seems like they are already halfway through the sleepless nights of 1L.


MumofCad, you are a seriously brave lady!!

Hoping more of you will hear good news today!

User avatar
annyong
Posts: 317
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:17 am

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby annyong » Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:01 pm

Sooo...one a day? At this rate, the class will be filled by next August!

calitodc
Posts: 24
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:36 am

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby calitodc » Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:31 pm

Congrats to the two of you who got good news!

I have a strong suspicion that the Dean hasn't looked at any of our applications beyond the September completions and that the rest of us will be waiting until January (at least). That said, I really hope I'm wrong. Crossing my fingers for more good news today!

chasgoose
Posts: 715
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:18 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby chasgoose » Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:41 pm

calitodc wrote:Congrats to the two of you who got good news!

I have a strong suspicion that the Dean hasn't looked at any of our applications beyond the September completions and that the rest of us will be waiting until January (at least). That said, I really hope I'm wrong. Crossing my fingers for more good news today!


Trying to figure out the timing of SLS admissions is a fools errand. Even YLS makes decisions in batches towards the end... SLS is just a constant trickle, especially given TLS's somewhat smaller sample size. There will be one or two acceptances here and there with no rhyme or reason behind them except that Dean Deal decided that it was time to let them in. One nice thing though is they WL/ding you early (starting in late January) so with the exception of a few poor souls, you know if its not happening sooner rather than later...

Kimberly
Posts: 120
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:45 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Kimberly » Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:14 pm

MumofCad wrote:
Kimberly wrote:Congrats to Mum and Amanda! 2 down.... several to go! Mum, I have read so many of your posts and I am so impressed by you that I really hope I get to meet you on the ASW trail. Will you please wear a name tag that says MoC... That way I will recognize you when I see you (assuming I get into the stellar schools you have already been accepted to)....


That's really nice! You'll know me by the cane ;) Seriously though, I'll have a 3 month old so look for someone who seems like they are already halfway through the sleepless nights of 1L.

I hope to meet you and others in the thread at ASWs too! We'll have to have an extra drink to celebrate!


I believe I am actually older than you mum. Perhaps we can swap walkers or start a senior home or play bingo some time.

raj
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:58 am

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby raj » Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:28 pm

I've been a lurker, but I thought I'd post! Just got the call.
Keep your phones handy, people :D

splbagel
Posts: 380
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:53 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby splbagel » Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:30 pm

raj wrote:I've been a lurker, but I thought I'd post! Just got the call.
Keep your phones handy, people :D


Major congrats! Care to share when your application was complete, and stats?

User avatar
curiouscat
Posts: 315
Joined: Wed May 04, 2011 9:57 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby curiouscat » Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:32 pm

That's incredible, congrats!!

spek
Posts: 385
Joined: Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:40 am

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby spek » Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:47 pm

raj wrote:I've been a lurker, but I thought I'd post! Just got the call.
Keep your phones handy, people :D


Congrats! Did you go complete in September?

raj
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:58 am

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby raj » Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:54 pm

Thanks, everyone!
I submitted on 9/30, and was complete on 10/6.
More calls have got to be coming today.

Stats are in profile.

calitodc
Posts: 24
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:36 am

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby calitodc » Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:57 pm

raj wrote:I've been a lurker, but I thought I'd post! Just got the call.
Keep your phones handy, people :D


Congrats! Now go celebrate. :D

User avatar
igelchen
Posts: 28
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:28 am

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby igelchen » Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:58 pm

In! Heart skipped about 3.5 beats when I saw Palo Alto area code.

See you all at ASW.

splbagel
Posts: 380
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:53 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby splbagel » Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:59 pm

igelchen wrote:In! Heart skipped about 3.5 beats when I saw Palo Alto area code.

See you all at ASW.


Congratulations!! When did you go complete?

raj
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:58 am

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby raj » Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:00 pm

igelchen wrote:In! Heart skipped about 3.5 beats when I saw Palo Alto area code.

See you all at ASW.


Congratulations! Same here, I had to compose myself before answering.

User avatar
soj
Posts: 7735
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:10 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby soj » Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:02 pm

Congrats, raj and igelchen! Please call me, Dean Deal. :(

User avatar
igelchen
Posts: 28
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:28 am

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby igelchen » Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:05 pm

splbagel wrote:
igelchen wrote:In! Heart skipped about 3.5 beats when I saw Palo Alto area code.

See you all at ASW.


Congratulations!! When did you go complete?


Hmm, was complete email same one as status checker? If so, complete 9/26

gtown2010
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:11 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby gtown2010 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:16 pm

igelchen wrote:
splbagel wrote:
igelchen wrote:In! Heart skipped about 3.5 beats when I saw Palo Alto area code.

See you all at ASW.


Congratulations!! When did you go complete?


Hmm, was complete email same one as status checker? If so, complete 9/26


Congrats! That's fantastic news. Do your statuses now read something other than "Your file has been submitted for review"?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: aaron1621, amberb94, ashrice13, Jgats, liuwenyu, mudiverse, okf731, potterotter, Rio123 and 16 guests