Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
curiouscat
Posts: 315
Joined: Wed May 04, 2011 9:57 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby curiouscat » Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:50 am

Hmm... from the sounds of that, she's only starting to look at most of the applications. We might have a bit of a wait ahead of us. Hope I'm wrong. :)

User avatar
soj
Posts: 7735
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:10 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby soj » Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:34 pm

Maybe she makes acceptance calls on the off-days after reading marathons!

User avatar
Tom in Ohio
Posts: 45
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:38 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Tom in Ohio » Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:02 pm

spek wrote:New blog post! Nothing about when decisions will start coming though.

http://blogs.law.stanford.edu/admissions/


Thanks for posting the blog entry. This is really what I'm banking on. I'm right at the median with my LSAT and my GPA sits at the 25th percentile. I have twenty years work experience, though, and I really tried to put together a coherent theme throughout my application. Numbers-wise, I'm a long shot, but maybe (fingers crossed) the totality of my application will be enough for her to slide my application into the "accept" pile.

splbagel
Posts: 380
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:53 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby splbagel » Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:33 am

Anyone else think we'll start seeing decisions today? Looks like they admitted a bunch of people on 12/8 last year, but didn't begin rejections until after the new year.

tamereth
Posts: 178
Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:10 am

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby tamereth » Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:42 am

splbagel wrote:Anyone else think we'll start seeing decisions today? Looks like they admitted a bunch of people on 12/8 last year, but didn't begin rejections until after the new year.


I'd guess today or tomorrow, but that's cause I'm impatient for something to come out from Stanford, even if it's good news for someone else.

Curious1
Posts: 964
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:54 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Curious1 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:46 am

tamereth wrote:
splbagel wrote:Anyone else think we'll start seeing decisions today? Looks like they admitted a bunch of people on 12/8 last year, but didn't begin rejections until after the new year.


I'd guess today or tomorrow, but that's cause I'm impatient for something to come out from Stanford, even if it's good news for someone else.


Crap I hadn't even thought of Stanford AT ALL since I turned in my app :?

viacavour
Posts: 76
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:37 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby viacavour » Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:37 pm

My status checker says that my LSAT is missing. Which is weird since I definitely have an LSAT score and haven't run into this problem at any other school.

Did this happen to anyone else? I will call in the morning but would like some reassurance in the meantime.

txl
Posts: 58
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:55 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby txl » Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:42 pm

Check out my comment/FD's response on her last blog post: --LinkRemoved--

Synopsis: she's going to start making calls this week.

poe
Posts: 301
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:23 am

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby poe » Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:47 pm

txl wrote:Check out my comment/FD's response on her last blog post: --LinkRemoved--

Synopsis: she's going to start making calls this week.


And so it begins...

User avatar
soj
Posts: 7735
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:10 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby soj » Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:51 pm

txl wrote:Check out my comment/FD's response on her last blog post: --LinkRemoved--

Synopsis: she's going to start making calls this week.

Good catch. I usually turn my phone on silent after 6pm EST, but now I'll have to leave the ringer on till later. :D

User avatar
vincanity1
Posts: 544
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:40 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby vincanity1 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:18 am

Oh, what I would give to spend the next 3 years of my life in Palo Alto...please call me, Mrs. Deal :>

spek
Posts: 385
Joined: Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:40 am

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby spek » Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:24 am

txl wrote:Check out my comment/FD's response on her last blog post: --LinkRemoved--

Synopsis: she's going to start making calls this week.


Thanks for asking! I was debating doing so myself :). It's nice to know that people will start hearing soon (hope we'll be among those people!)

tamereth
Posts: 178
Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:10 am

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby tamereth » Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:39 am

spek wrote:
txl wrote:Check out my comment/FD's response on her last blog post: --LinkRemoved--

Synopsis: she's going to start making calls this week.


Thanks for asking! I was debating doing so myself :). It's nice to know that people will start hearing soon (hope we'll be among those people!)


+1

User avatar
AmandaPB
Posts: 430
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:37 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby AmandaPB » Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:17 am

txl wrote:Check out my comment/FD's response on her last blog post: --LinkRemoved--

Synopsis: she's going to start making calls this week.

Thanks! So. Excited.

curiousgeorgia
Posts: 291
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:06 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby curiousgeorgia » Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:50 pm

So we know it is this week, any guesses on which day? Approx. how many will hear back? Their UR dates?

I feel like we're at a sports game, and if we make enough noise on this thread, Dean Deal will shoot us an acceptance via t-shirt gun.

splbagel
Posts: 380
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:53 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby splbagel » Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:54 pm

I say it starts tomorrow. If it's anything like last year, only September / early October submitters will hear before the new year, and those of us who submitted in late Oct / early Nov won't hear until February / March.

User avatar
amc987
Posts: 568
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:58 am

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby amc987 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:04 pm

splbagel wrote:I say it starts tomorrow. If it's anything like last year, only September / early October submitters will hear before the new year, and those of us who submitted in late Oct / early Nov won't hear until February / March.


I think on LSN there were a few people who submitted in November who were accepted on 12/16, so I don't think that's outside the realm of possibility for this year. http://stanford.lawschoolnumbers.com/ap ... r=desc&p=2 Although Dean Deal's recent blog post makes me doubt whether she's gotten through many applications at all, so you could be right. I'm guessing Thursday and Friday will be the first round of calls. I'm not sure if SLS's admissions office is in next week or not...

tamereth
Posts: 178
Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:10 am

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby tamereth » Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:02 pm

amc987 wrote:
splbagel wrote:I say it starts tomorrow. If it's anything like last year, only September / early October submitters will hear before the new year, and those of us who submitted in late Oct / early Nov won't hear until February / March.


I think on LSN there were a few people who submitted in November who were accepted on 12/16, so I don't think that's outside the realm of possibility for this year. http://stanford.lawschoolnumbers.com/ap ... r=desc&p=2 Although Dean Deal's recent blog post makes me doubt whether she's gotten through many applications at all, so you could be right. I'm guessing Thursday and Friday will be the first round of calls. I'm not sure if SLS's admissions office is in next week or not...


Sorted by submit date to view when relative decision dates were. The number of rejections/waitlists is incredibly depressing.

Edit: To be fair, a lot of the rejections are ones with low numbers.

splbagel
Posts: 380
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:53 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby splbagel » Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:14 pm

tamereth wrote:
amc987 wrote:
splbagel wrote:I say it starts tomorrow. If it's anything like last year, only September / early October submitters will hear before the new year, and those of us who submitted in late Oct / early Nov won't hear until February / March.


I think on LSN there were a few people who submitted in November who were accepted on 12/16, so I don't think that's outside the realm of possibility for this year. http://stanford.lawschoolnumbers.com/ap ... r=desc&p=2 Although Dean Deal's recent blog post makes me doubt whether she's gotten through many applications at all, so you could be right. I'm guessing Thursday and Friday will be the first round of calls. I'm not sure if SLS's admissions office is in next week or not...


Sorted by submit date to view when relative decision dates were. The number of rejections/waitlists is incredibly depressing.

Edit: To be fair, a lot of the rejections are ones with low numbers.


...and lots of them plenty higher than mine! :(

tamereth
Posts: 178
Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:10 am

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby tamereth » Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:40 pm

splbagel wrote:
tamereth wrote:
amc987 wrote:
splbagel wrote:I say it starts tomorrow. If it's anything like last year, only September / early October submitters will hear before the new year, and those of us who submitted in late Oct / early Nov won't hear until February / March.


I think on LSN there were a few people who submitted in November who were accepted on 12/16, so I don't think that's outside the realm of possibility for this year. http://stanford.lawschoolnumbers.com/ap ... r=desc&p=2 Although Dean Deal's recent blog post makes me doubt whether she's gotten through many applications at all, so you could be right. I'm guessing Thursday and Friday will be the first round of calls. I'm not sure if SLS's admissions office is in next week or not...


Sorted by submit date to view when relative decision dates were. The number of rejections/waitlists is incredibly depressing.

Edit: To be fair, a lot of the rejections are ones with low numbers.


...and lots of them plenty higher than mine! :(


Then there's the 3.9+/170+s that were waitlisted/rejected.... I wish I knew why. Stanford admissions seems like such a mystery :(

User avatar
MissElphaba
Posts: 58
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:59 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby MissElphaba » Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:25 pm

Finally submitted for review today. I'm not going to hear back for months :( Darn my dean for taking weeks with that form...

User avatar
wendys27
Posts: 76
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:26 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby wendys27 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:50 pm

MissElphaba wrote:Finally submitted for review today. I'm not going to hear back for months :( Darn my dean for taking weeks with that form...


Not hearing for a while either. I submitted my application on 11/7. Gave my Dean's form in on 10/31. Went submitted for review on 12/7. Could not understand why it took so long for them to fill out the form

addy11
Posts: 479
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:01 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby addy11 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:36 pm

Man, I knew Stanford is sort of a GPA queen, but according to LSN, only 5 people were admitted last year with < 3.8

I should probably have just saved the $116 :wink:

Curious1
Posts: 964
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:54 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Curious1 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:30 pm

addy11 wrote:Man, I knew Stanford is sort of a GPA queen, but according to LSN, only 5 people were admitted last year with < 3.8

I should probably have just saved the $116 :wink:


I think in general, every person on LSN = about 10 admits (judging from Harvard, which had about 80-90 profiles on LSN last year). That means there are at least 50 people with <3.8...which of course is true according to the definition of the medians.

Fret not!

splbagel
Posts: 380
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:53 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby splbagel » Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:15 pm

Two things to keep in mind:

--LSN isn't necessarily a representative sample of applicants.

--Of the 8 <3.8 admits on LSN last year, 5 were URM.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”