Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
splbagel
Posts: 380
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:53 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby splbagel » Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:52 pm

LaCumparsita wrote:Why Stanford over Harvard, Mr. Bagel?


My impression is that Stanford leans a little farther toward the chill end of the collegial-competitive spectrum, and I like the idea of a smaller class. They also have a particular dual-degree program that I prefer to Harvard's equivalent, and you can't beat the weather in Palo Alto. I've also got some family in the Bay Area and would love to stay in Cali after graduation.

spek
Posts: 385
Joined: Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:40 am

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby spek » Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:40 pm

Decisions came out this day last year and were preceded by a blog by Dean Deal announcing they were coming. I'm hoping we either start to hear today or we see a blog/twitter announcement soon.

*fingers crossed*

User avatar
iphone7
Posts: 141
Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:46 am

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby iphone7 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:42 pm

Stanford is my super-reach and I'm hoping for some decision soon.

User avatar
fingerscrossedxx
Posts: 733
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:56 am

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby fingerscrossedxx » Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:58 pm

spek wrote:Decisions came out this day last year and were preceded by a blog by Dean Deal announcing they were coming. I'm hoping we either start to hear today or we see a blog/twitter announcement soon.

*fingers crossed*


I like this :)

+1

User avatar
annyong
Posts: 317
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:17 am

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby annyong » Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:59 pm

I'd expect tomorrow, I think the general pattern has been a Friday.

spek
Posts: 385
Joined: Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:40 am

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby spek » Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:09 pm

annyong wrote:I'd expect tomorrow, I think the general pattern has been a Friday.


It was a Wednesday last year but I guess we'll see.

lawhopeful2012
Posts: 85
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:22 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby lawhopeful2012 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:09 pm

What do your guys' status updates say?

Mine has said "Your file has been submitted for review" for almost 6 weeks now..

spek
Posts: 385
Joined: Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:40 am

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby spek » Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:11 pm

lawhopeful2012 wrote:What do your guys' status updates say?

Mine has said "Your file has been submitted for review" for almost 6 weeks now..


That's the last step before a decision.

User avatar
Elendil
Posts: 516
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:45 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Elendil » Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:13 pm

lawhopeful2012 wrote:What do your guys' status updates say?

Mine has said "Your file has been submitted for review" for almost 6 weeks now..


I submitted early November, went straight from "Application Incomplete" to "Submitted for Review" as soon as they received my Dean's Certificate. Hasn't changed since then...

User avatar
AmandaPB
Posts: 430
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:37 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby AmandaPB » Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:18 pm

Elendil wrote:
lawhopeful2012 wrote:What do your guys' status updates say?

Mine has said "Your file has been submitted for review" for almost 6 weeks now..


I submitted early November, went straight from "Application Incomplete" to "Submitted for Review" as soon as they received my Dean's Certificate. Hasn't changed since then...

Same, mine literally has 9/15 as the date and “submitted for review” as the status. I’m not worried but I would LOVE it if decisions came out soon! (And I’m accepted, of course.)

User avatar
annyong
Posts: 317
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:17 am

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby annyong » Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:32 pm

spek wrote:
annyong wrote:I'd expect tomorrow, I think the general pattern has been a Friday.


It was a Wednesday last year but I guess we'll see.

For some reason I was thinking Fridays! Not sure where I got that from. Oh well, I'll keep my guess the same but that should demonstrate how much you should defer to it :P

User avatar
Tom in Ohio
Posts: 45
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:38 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Tom in Ohio » Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:00 pm

iphone7 wrote:Stanford is my super-reach and I'm hoping for some decision soon.


Yeah, I spent $100 on my Stanford app because LSP told me I had a 39% chance. We'll see.

User avatar
WhiteGuy5
Posts: 919
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:47 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby WhiteGuy5 » Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:17 am

iphone7 wrote:Stanford is my super-reach and I'm hoping for some decision soon.


Is Stanford ever anything other than a super-reach? :)

User avatar
fingerscrossedxx
Posts: 733
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:56 am

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby fingerscrossedxx » Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:12 am

Tom in Ohio wrote:
iphone7 wrote:Stanford is my super-reach and I'm hoping for some decision soon.


Yeah, I spent $100 on my Stanford app because LSP told me I had a 39% chance. We'll see.


Soo, on LSP, where can you see what your chance percentage is? All I can see it say is Consider/Deny haha. Is it the column that says % at/below?

Schola
Posts: 103
Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:55 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Schola » Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:30 am

Not to be a downer, but I think that the % is the % of people who are admitted (or maybe who matriculate?) who have a score at or below your score. This group includes URMs, those with outstanding softs, legacies, etc. Thus, if you don't fall into any of these categories, you probably have a bit lower chance than the number LSP gives. Conversely, if you are a URM, have great softs, etc., you have a better chance than what the number says.

This doesn't mean that you should give up hope. Even if the number given is 20% you still might get accepted!

User avatar
Elendil
Posts: 516
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:45 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Elendil » Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:34 am

fingerscrossedxx wrote:
Tom in Ohio wrote:
iphone7 wrote:Stanford is my super-reach and I'm hoping for some decision soon.


Yeah, I spent $100 on my Stanford app because LSP told me I had a 39% chance. We'll see.


Soo, on LSP, where can you see what your chance percentage is? All I can see it say is Consider/Deny haha. Is it the column that says % at/below?


There's also a whole section on LSP that explains how the "Consider", "Deny", predictions correspond with percentages... so, for example, I believe the "Admit" prediction corresponds to a great than 87% chance of acceptance.
http://www.lawschoolpredictor.com/?page_id=173

User avatar
fingerscrossedxx
Posts: 733
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:56 am

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby fingerscrossedxx » Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:38 am

Elendil wrote:
fingerscrossedxx wrote:
Tom in Ohio wrote:
iphone7 wrote:Stanford is my super-reach and I'm hoping for some decision soon.


Yeah, I spent $100 on my Stanford app because LSP told me I had a 39% chance. We'll see.


Soo, on LSP, where can you see what your chance percentage is? All I can see it say is Consider/Deny haha. Is it the column that says % at/below?


There's also a whole section on LSP that explains how the "Consider", "Deny", predictions correspond with percentages... so, for example, I believe the "Admit" prediction corresponds to a great than 87% chance of acceptance.
http://www.lawschoolpredictor.com/?page_id=173


Wow! Had no idea :p Ok, I'm off to go obsess about my chances anew.

User avatar
Elendil
Posts: 516
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:45 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Elendil » Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:42 am

Elendil wrote:
fingerscrossedxx wrote:
Tom in Ohio wrote:
iphone7 wrote:Stanford is my super-reach and I'm hoping for some decision soon.


Soo, on LSP, where can you see what your chance percentage is? All I can see it say is Consider/Deny haha. Is it the column that says % at/below?


There's also a whole section on LSP that explains how the "Consider", "Deny", predictions correspond with percentages... so, for example, I believe the "Admit" prediction corresponds to a great than 87% chance of acceptance.
http://www.lawschoolpredictor.com/?page_id=173


Wow! Had no idea :p Ok, I'm off to go obsess about my chances anew.


Welcome to the good life. =P

User avatar
Elston Gunn
Posts: 3444
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:09 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Elston Gunn » Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:42 am

Yeah, but LSP is basically useless for Yale and Stanford because having a good index score is necessary, but not nearly sufficient for acceptance. Your subjective idea of your chances is probably better than LSP's.

fingerscrossedxx wrote:
Elendil wrote:There's also a whole section on LSP that explains how the "Consider", "Deny", predictions correspond with percentages... so, for example, I believe the "Admit" prediction corresponds to a great than 87% chance of acceptance.
http://www.lawschoolpredictor.com/?page_id=173


Wow! Had no idea :p Ok, I'm off to go obsess about my chances anew.

MumofCad
Posts: 974
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:46 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby MumofCad » Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:54 am

Elston Gunn wrote:Yeah, but LSP is basically useless for Yale and Stanford because having a good index score is necessary, but not nearly sufficient for acceptance. Your subjective idea of your chances is probably better than LSP's.

fingerscrossedxx wrote:
Elendil wrote:There's also a whole section on LSP that explains how the "Consider", "Deny", predictions correspond with percentages... so, for example, I believe the "Admit" prediction corresponds to a great than 87% chance of acceptance.
http://www.lawschoolpredictor.com/?page_id=173


Wow! Had no idea :p Ok, I'm off to go obsess about my chances anew.


+1 - According to LSP, I'm an admit at Stanford, but you can find plenty of evidence that people with my same index score are rejected or WL'd every year. If you are in range, you have a chance. That's about all that can be said about who Stanford will accept.

User avatar
fingerscrossedxx
Posts: 733
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:56 am

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby fingerscrossedxx » Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:56 am

Elston Gunn wrote:Yeah, but LSP is basically useless for Yale and Stanford because having a good index score is necessary, but not nearly sufficient for acceptance. Your subjective idea of your chances is probably better than LSP's.


I'm sure it is, but I don't ever really need a good reason to obsess haha. I'm pretty sure all things considered I'm a good maybe. :P wishful thinking

User avatar
pupshaw
Posts: 504
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:08 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby pupshaw » Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:39 pm

Strong Consider!

Oh man, I want Stanford so badly. I keep having to remind myself that it's not going to happen. :(

User avatar
tdicks
Posts: 130
Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:54 am

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby tdicks » Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:22 pm

ok guys, i withdrew my application today so you can all breathe a sigh of relief that my 3.5 will not be taking your spot :)

seriously though, i'm headed to northwestern next year, but best of luck with everyone waiting to hear back from stanford!!

User avatar
soj
Posts: 7735
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:10 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby soj » Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:24 pm

Enjoy making it rain at NU! :mrgreen:

Let's hope for some calls from SLS next week.

spek
Posts: 385
Joined: Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:40 am

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby spek » Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:08 am

New blog post! Nothing about when decisions will start coming though.

http://blogs.law.stanford.edu/admissions/




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”