Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
sharktankdean

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby sharktankdean » Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:41 pm

Ok this is becoming ridiculous.. I am almost sure dean deal has read through my app 3 times now..why are they taking so long.wtf. I mean at this point they are either rejecting people or WL people right.its after ASW!!! This is the crappiest $100 service i have ever had..they can't even reject/WL you right.

Bronck

Postby Bronck » Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:42 pm

sharktankdean wrote:Ok this is becoming ridiculous.. I am almost sure dean deal has read through my app 3 times now..why are they taking so long.wtf. I mean at this point they are either rejecting people or WL people right.its after ASW!!! This is the crappiest $100 service i have ever had..they can't even reject/WL you right.

Pretty much....

soleilik

Postby soleilik » Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:49 pm

This second review occurs in April, at which time the class will be filled. (A small number of applications will be held for possible use in filling vacancies that may occur during the summer.)

Could this be the reason some of us haven't heard anything back? I hope not! I would think that if they decided to hold our applications for possible use in filling vacacies in the summer, they would have notified us, but then again, we didn't get notified when our applications were held for the second review in April...what do you guys think?

larsoner

Postby larsoner » Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:52 pm

soleilik wrote:This second review occurs in April, at which time the class will be filled. (A small number of applications will be held for possible use in filling vacancies that may occur during the summer.)

Could this be the reason some of us haven't heard anything back? I hope not! I would think that if they decided to hold our applications for possible use in filling vacacies in the summer, they would have notified us, but then again, we didn't get notified when our applications were held for the second review in April...what do you guys think?

I always assumed the underlined was referring to waitlisted applicants.

neuroticjew

Postby neuroticjew » Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:00 pm

So apparently I got WL, not dinged. Anyone know how big the waitlist is this year? The admissions lady on the phone didn't.

soleilik

Postby soleilik » Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:01 pm

It would make more sense that way, but the word "held" worries me at this point, given that we haven't heard anything back.

larsoner wrote:
soleilik wrote:This second review occurs in April, at which time the class will be filled. (A small number of applications will be held for possible use in filling vacancies that may occur during the summer.)

I always assumed the underlined was referring to waitlisted applicants.

sharktankdean

Postby sharktankdean » Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:06 pm

I do not think the # of people waiting can be considered 'small'

Barca10

Postby Barca10 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:19 pm

sharktankdean wrote:I do not think the # of people waiting can be considered 'small'

I think that the underlined is referring to their WL, not the enormous number of soft-holds that have not hear anything.

yepyepyep

Postby yepyepyep » Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:22 pm

They'll probably just slowly DLS us bit by bit this week (one or two TLS's a day), either WL or reject, and then just outright reject the rest of us whoever's left next Monday.

adam1

Postby adam1 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:26 pm

yepyepyep wrote:They'll probably just slowly DLS us bit by bit this week (one or two TLS's a day), either WL or reject, and then just outright reject the rest of us whoever's left next Monday.

What about special snowflakes?

Chucky21

Postby Chucky21 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:26 pm

adam1 wrote:
yepyepyep wrote:They'll probably just slowly DLS us bit by bit this week (one or two TLS's a day), either WL or reject, and then just outright reject the rest of us whoever's left next Monday.

My concern also. There must be some hope right?

adam1

Postby adam1 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:29 pm

Chucky21 wrote:
adam1 wrote:

My concern also. There must be some hope right?

Leave this one for Kafka. "Plenty of hope... but not for us"

yepyepyep

Postby yepyepyep » Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:33 pm

adam1 wrote:

All the special snowflakes have probably melted by now.

txl

Postby txl » Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:38 pm

To the people asking what information is known about the WL: The answer is close to nothing. For better or worse, it's a black box. I rode it last year. They don't tell you how many people are on, they don't tell you how many people they pull (or did pull in the previous year), they don't tell you what you are "ranked," etc... It is what it is. My understanding is that they utilize the aforementioned "doppelganger" strategy, so when somebody changes their mind and goes to HLS or YLS instead, they basically find someone of that general profile and fill in the slot.

My guess is also that everyone still remaining gets either WL'd or outright rejected this Thursday-Friday. Seems like they're probably just making those final WL decisions now and dinging the rest.

P.S. Is anyone else in this purgatory heading to HLS unless they hear from SLS? It's the boat I'm in and i'm trying to figure out what to do about housing, etc... If you're in this boat, shoot me a PM if you're interested and let's talk.

amc987

Postby amc987 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:45 pm

yepyepyep wrote:All the special snowflakes have probably melted by now.

LMAO!!! This is probably true, if only because it was 80 degrees this weekend in Palo Alto. I hope we're wrong, though. I have an inkling that there could be some calls made this week to a few special snowflakes that Dean Deal doesn't WL/reject via DLS.
Last edited by amc987 on Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sharktankdean

Postby sharktankdean » Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:16 pm

i just noticed the WL/Rejection (mostly WL) movement for URMS on lsn...now I'm worried..still angry tho.

YesNoMaybe

Postby YesNoMaybe » Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:53 pm

:shock:

sharktankdean

Postby sharktankdean » Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:36 pm

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT

If you are absolutely sure that you are not going to sunshine city (Stanford), it is requested that you please withdraw ASAP. No one knows what Dean Deal is doing...but in the event that she is waiting to see if there are more withdrawals it would be nice if you helped us non-snowflakes achieve snowflake status.

THANK YOU!!

potl

Postby potl » Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:04 pm

sharktankdean wrote:PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT

If you are absolutely sure that you are not going to sunshine city (Stanford), it is requested that you please withdraw ASAP. No one knows what Dean Deal is doing...but in the event that she is waiting to see if there are more withdrawals it would be nice if you helped us non-snowflakes achieve snowflake status.

THANK YOU!!

Dude, relax. You're in at several great schools. Waiting another week to hear from Stanford won't kill you. This is an important decision for people to make, and I doubt anyone is just sitting on their proverbial hands if they know they're not going to attend Stanford. It's going to be okay.

sharktankdean

Postby sharktankdean » Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:13 pm

potl wrote:

THANK YOU!!

Dude, relax. You're in at several great schools. Waiting another week to hear from Stanford won't kill you. This is an important decision for people to make, and I doubt anyone is just sitting on their proverbial hands if they know they're not going to attend Stanford. It's going to be okay.

I have to agree maybe I went overboard with that post...actually I did.

schoolvandy

Postby schoolvandy » Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:32 pm

sharktankdean wrote:
potl wrote:

THANK YOU!!

I have to agree maybe I went overboard with that post...actually I did.

lol

Parmenides

Postby Parmenides » Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:35 pm

I really want to stop checking the status because I don't want to see DLS without knowing whether it's a rejection or waitlist. If it's a rejecting, then I'd just be wasting my time deciding how I feel about being on the waitlist. Unfortunately it's not that easy to quite...
I'm maintaining some hope that there are still some acceptances left in the tank. Good luck everyone.

jd20122015

Postby jd20122015 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:29 pm

Parmenides wrote:I really want to stop checking the status because I don't want to see DLS without knowing whether it's a rejection or waitlist. If it's a rejecting, then I'd just be wasting my time deciding how I feel about being on the waitlist. Unfortunately it's not that easy to quite...
I'm maintaining some hope that there are still some acceptances left in the tank. Good luck everyone.

+1

...did this happen last year? or is this just a really crazy year for stanford?

chucklesmcgee

Postby chucklesmcgee » Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:02 pm

jd20122015 wrote:
Parmenides wrote:I really want to stop checking the status because I don't want to see DLS without knowing whether it's a rejection or waitlist. If it's a rejecting, then I'd just be wasting my time deciding how I feel about being on the waitlist. Unfortunately it's not that easy to quite...

+1

This is a really crazy year all around. Low applicants put a crunch on numbers at the high end with every school trying to play cautiously to make sure they can keep their numbers while not admitting too many people. Harvard's put tons of people on hold and hasn't moved on them either, which is probably delaying a lot of Stanford admits from accepting. Brinkmanship all the way.

lawschoolquestions57

Postby lawschoolquestions57 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:52 pm

chucklesmcgee wrote:
jd20122015 wrote:

+1

This is a really crazy year all around. Low applicants put a crunch on numbers at the high end with every school trying to play cautiously to make sure they can keep their numbers while not admitting too many people. Harvard's put tons of people on hold and hasn't moved on them either, which is probably delaying a lot of Stanford admits from accepting. Brinkmanship all the way.

But that's the thing, I am not a low number applicant. I don't know what would be taking them so long to make a decision :/

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”