Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
donna7
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:03 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby donna7 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:48 pm

Stanford, if you call me today or tomorrow I am ready to get on a plane for ASW :)

User avatar
Bronck
Posts: 2025
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:28 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Bronck » Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:06 pm

Still nothing. Matriculated at Columbia last night, but I'd probably go with Stanford if I was accepted.

User avatar
thelawschoolproject
Posts: 1364
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:58 am

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby thelawschoolproject » Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:08 pm

Bronck wrote:Still nothing. Matriculated at Columbia last night, but I'd probably go with Stanford if I was accepted.



Congrats on CLS :)

chucklesmcgee
Posts: 120
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:22 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby chucklesmcgee » Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:05 pm

Whelp, I'm guesstimating the offices are closed now. URM, still alive. Congrats to all those who made it. I'm just imagining my LOCI might have thrown a monkey wrench into the gears of the DLS machine for me.

Rampage1
Posts: 21
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:21 am

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Rampage1 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:02 pm

+1 on the congrats to those who made it this year. Still under review, but I am slowly accepting the reality of the situation.

User avatar
Elendil
Posts: 516
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:45 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Elendil » Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:38 pm

There are a ridiculous number of people who are still pending on LSN...

User avatar
euskadi
Posts: 155
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:02 am

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby euskadi » Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:10 pm

Elendil wrote:There are a ridiculous number of people who are still pending on LSN...


To be fair, there's a page and a half of pending applicants from last year's cycle. I'd say we can assume that many of those listed for this year have already heard and simply not updated their LSN page. In any case there are still a lot of us left, and I can't help but wonder why they're delaying the inevitable. Perhaps they actually are waiting to see how many withdraw their applications in the coming week, with some of us under consideration to be admitted in the coming week.

I won't get my hopes up. A bit of closure would just be nice, even if I'm prepared to ride out the wait list.

User avatar
Chucky21
Posts: 294
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:36 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Chucky21 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:32 pm

euskadi wrote:
Elendil wrote:There are a ridiculous number of people who are still pending on LSN...


To be fair, there's a page and a half of pending applicants from last year's cycle. I'd say we can assume that many of those listed for this year have already heard and simply not updated their LSN page. In any case there are still a lot of us left, and I can't help but wonder why they're delaying the inevitable. Perhaps they actually are waiting to see how many withdraw their applications in the coming week, with some of us under consideration to be admitted in the coming week.

I won't get my hopes up. A bit of closure would just be nice, even if I'm prepared to ride out the wait list.


There has to at least be a chance of getting accepted right? Why else would we not have heard, especially if they've had our apps for 5+ months...

User avatar
hypothalamus
Posts: 745
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:11 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby hypothalamus » Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:40 pm

Chucky21 wrote:
euskadi wrote:
Elendil wrote:There are a ridiculous number of people who are still pending on LSN...


To be fair, there's a page and a half of pending applicants from last year's cycle. I'd say we can assume that many of those listed for this year have already heard and simply not updated their LSN page. In any case there are still a lot of us left, and I can't help but wonder why they're delaying the inevitable. Perhaps they actually are waiting to see how many withdraw their applications in the coming week, with some of us under consideration to be admitted in the coming week.

I won't get my hopes up. A bit of closure would just be nice, even if I'm prepared to ride out the wait list.


There has to at least be a chance of getting accepted right? Why else would we not have heard, especially if they've had our apps for 5+ months...


Because notifying rejects is not their priority. Sad but true.

Rampage1
Posts: 21
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:21 am

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Rampage1 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:43 pm

I have a feeling the majority of us still standing will get to ride the WL.

User avatar
Chucky21
Posts: 294
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:36 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Chucky21 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:49 pm

Rampage1 wrote:I have a feeling the majority of us still standing will get to ride the WL.


And ride it well we will.

Barca10
Posts: 70
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:46 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Barca10 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:22 pm

I literally can't believe that next week is the last week of April and so many of us have not heard anything. I thought by this time, I would have an apartment rented wherever I would be going next year. Depressing :(

User avatar
Aspen
Posts: 115
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:38 am

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Aspen » Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:39 pm

At this point I'm 99% set on going to Berkeley. I loved the ASW and already have a place I'm going to be living next year (I'm going to finalize it the first week of May). If Stanford lets me in though with a good package (I've qualified for need based grants at other schools).....I could always reconsider. Definitely not doing the wait list thing though. I like Berkeley better anyway.

User avatar
rotaxkarter
Posts: 160
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:24 am

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby rotaxkarter » Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:11 pm

OMGEE, > 6 months...still nothing...arg

User avatar
mickeyD
Posts: 357
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:43 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby mickeyD » Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:31 pm

mickeyD wrote:DLS. URM, 3.5/174. Good luck to you all!


Turns out it was a Waitlist- with my GPA I can't really have expected a better result!

jd20122015
Posts: 50
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:07 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby jd20122015 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:40 pm

stilllllll under review. urm.

User avatar
sharktankdean
Posts: 663
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:57 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby sharktankdean » Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:54 pm

Stanford is toying with my emotions....I wish US News ranked schools on how they treated their applicants...Stanford would get a -20 in my book...that would wake them up.

User avatar
sharktankdean
Posts: 663
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:57 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby sharktankdean » Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:56 pm

mickeyD wrote:
mickeyD wrote:DLS. URM, 3.5/174. Good luck to you all!


Turns out it was a Waitlist- with my GPA I can't really have expected a better result!



from lsn and tls it looked like they waitlisted a good deal of the reverse splitter urms

User avatar
amc987
Posts: 568
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:58 am

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby amc987 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:48 pm

Still alive URM here.

I am naively holding out hope that Stanford will pull a Harvard and admit a bunch of candidates next week after their ASW. I don't think it's likely, but this cycle has been so wacky that I guess anything is possible. Either way, we've got to hear something definitive next week right? Here's hoping many of us still waiting will get the call from Dean Deal. Goodness knows that an acceptance would make the 6 month wait worthwhile, if only in retrospect.

User avatar
sharktankdean
Posts: 663
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:57 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby sharktankdean » Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:31 pm

amc987 wrote:Still alive URM here.

I am naively holding out hope that Stanford will pull a Harvard and admit a bunch of candidates next week after their ASW. I don't think it's likely, but this cycle has been so wacky that I guess anything is possible. Either way, we've got to hear something definitive next week right? Here's hoping many of us still waiting will get the call from Dean Deal. Goodness knows that an acceptance would make the 6 month wait worthwhile, if only in retrospect.



Stanford has 6 days to do what they could have done months ago. That about procrastination.

User avatar
FryBreadPower
Posts: 908
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:46 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby FryBreadPower » Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:35 am

FryBreadPower wrote:DLS.

URM 3.6/175


Got my letter today as well - WL.

YesNoMaybe
Posts: 102
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:10 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby YesNoMaybe » Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:18 pm

.
Last edited by YesNoMaybe on Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
cylon_clone
Posts: 187
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:21 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby cylon_clone » Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:50 pm

FryBreadPower wrote:
FryBreadPower wrote:DLS.

URM 3.6/175


Got my letter today as well - WL.

+1.

Think I'll withdraw from the UChi WL and ride Stanford's. Probably will end up going to Michigan in the fall...
trying to find housing all the way across the country in August if in the unlikely chance Stanford accepts me will be a nightmare.

User avatar
ScratchableItch
Posts: 123
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:10 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby ScratchableItch » Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:33 pm

cylon_clone wrote:trying to find housing all the way across the country in August if in the unlikely chance Stanford accepts me will be a nightmare.

Worth it.

YesNoMaybe
Posts: 102
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:10 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby YesNoMaybe » Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:02 pm

.
Last edited by YesNoMaybe on Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: curry4bfast, oliviaj_j, Yahoo [Bot] and 11 guests