Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
salamanders
Posts: 28
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:16 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby salamanders » Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:53 pm

sn20 wrote:
salamanders wrote:DLS!!!! wahooo

Not actually sad about it, I'm an east-coaster through and through.


Sorry? Mind sharing stats/submit date?



PMed ya.

User avatar
ned
Posts: 264
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:47 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby ned » Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:01 pm

ned wrote:So far only 1 DLS and no calls today? This is gonna be a tough weekend. I'm reminded of Cartman waiting for the Wii to come out. But it's too warm outside to go into "suspender animation" until I get a decision. :(


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnPZRRT-ZGw

adam1
Posts: 179
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:36 am

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby adam1 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:02 pm

salamanders wrote:
sn20 wrote:
salamanders wrote:DLS!!!! wahooo

Not actually sad about it, I'm an east-coaster through and through.


Sorry? Mind sharing stats/submit date?



PMed ya.


Will you CC me on that, homes?

User avatar
Bronck
Posts: 2025
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:28 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Bronck » Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:03 pm

Still nothing gaahhhhhh

User avatar
ned
Posts: 264
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:47 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby ned » Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:27 pm

salamanders wrote:
sn20 wrote:
salamanders wrote:DLS!!!! wahooo

Not actually sad about it, I'm an east-coaster through and through.


Sorry? Mind sharing stats/submit date?



PMed ya.


Can you just give us a completed date? I'm theorizing a chronology to DLS's based on complete dates....

User avatar
yepyepyep
Posts: 232
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:36 am

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby yepyepyep » Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:35 pm

ned wrote:
salamanders wrote:
sn20 wrote:
salamanders wrote:DLS!!!! wahooo

Not actually sad about it, I'm an east-coaster through and through.


Sorry? Mind sharing stats/submit date?



PMed ya.


Can you just give us a completed date? I'm theorizing a chronology to DLS's based on complete dates....


Ned, I don't think its based on Complete date. Some people I remember in the past week have gotten DLS's with Jan complete dates. So I think it's random.
Since we're all in the same soft hold category, i think they've rearranged us and don't care about complete date anymore.

salamanders
Posts: 28
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:16 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby salamanders » Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:00 pm

ned wrote:
salamanders wrote:
sn20 wrote:
salamanders wrote:DLS!!!! wahooo

Not actually sad about it, I'm an east-coaster through and through.


Sorry? Mind sharing stats/submit date?



PMed ya.


Can you just give us a completed date? I'm theorizing a chronology to DLS's based on complete dates....


October... loooong time ago.

User avatar
ned
Posts: 264
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:47 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby ned » Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:19 pm

yepyepyep wrote:
ned wrote:
Can you just give us a completed date? I'm theorizing a chronology to DLS's based on complete dates....


Ned, I don't think its based on Complete date. Some people I remember in the past week have gotten DLS's with Jan complete dates. So I think it's random.
Since we're all in the same soft hold category, i think they've rearranged us and don't care about complete date anymore.


Just noticing since the URM wave it's all october/november DLS's. Maybe because most TLS users applied early on. Could be random I suppose, but what explains the non-waitlisting of people with amazing stats? They already hit there targets and are going on softs now?

I've been on selection panels and admissions committees myself, and at this point it might be getting pretty random. Rounds of quick-voting to thin the field, people picking favorites, or voting yes/no based on level of fatigue or hunger... or voting for/against people based on who else is voting for/against. It's likely a sloppy process at this point.

All a man can do is make an island for himself.... Let nothing touch him.

User avatar
yepyepyep
Posts: 232
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:36 am

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby yepyepyep » Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:34 pm

ned wrote:
yepyepyep wrote:
ned wrote:
Can you just give us a completed date? I'm theorizing a chronology to DLS's based on complete dates....


Ned, I don't think its based on Complete date. Some people I remember in the past week have gotten DLS's with Jan complete dates. So I think it's random.
Since we're all in the same soft hold category, i think they've rearranged us and don't care about complete date anymore.


Just noticing since the URM wave it's all october/november DLS's. Maybe because most TLS users applied early on. Could be random I suppose, but what explains the non-waitlisting of people with amazing stats? They already hit there targets and are going on softs now?

I've been on selection panels and admissions committees myself, and at this point it might be getting pretty random. Rounds of quick-voting to thin the field, people picking favorites, or voting yes/no based on level of fatigue or hunger... or voting for/against people based on who else is voting for/against. It's likely a sloppy process at this point.

All a man can do is make an island for himself.... Let nothing touch him.


Oh man, the thought of this is demoralizing. I hope someone's taken up my cause. And yours, Ned.

adam1
Posts: 179
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:36 am

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby adam1 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:42 pm

yepyepyep wrote:
ned wrote:
yepyepyep wrote:
ned wrote:
Can you just give us a completed date? I'm theorizing a chronology to DLS's based on complete dates....


Ned, I don't think its based on Complete date. Some people I remember in the past week have gotten DLS's with Jan complete dates. So I think it's random.
Since we're all in the same soft hold category, i think they've rearranged us and don't care about complete date anymore.


Just noticing since the URM wave it's all october/november DLS's. Maybe because most TLS users applied early on. Could be random I suppose, but what explains the non-waitlisting of people with amazing stats? They already hit there targets and are going on softs now?

I've been on selection panels and admissions committees myself, and at this point it might be getting pretty random. Rounds of quick-voting to thin the field, people picking favorites, or voting yes/no based on level of fatigue or hunger... or voting for/against people based on who else is voting for/against. It's likely a sloppy process at this point.

All a man can do is make an island for himself.... Let nothing touch him.


Oh man, the thought of this is demoralizing. I hope someone's taken up my cause. And yours, Ned.


Anyone have any actual insight on Stanford's process? Like is it faculty review, committee, or just a one woman show?

poe
Posts: 301
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:23 am

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby poe » Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:10 pm

I can't believe another week is about to end without a decision from Stanford...

I was sure this would be the week.

User avatar
ned
Posts: 264
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:47 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby ned » Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:26 pm

yepyepyep wrote:
ned wrote:
yepyepyep wrote:
ned wrote:
Can you just give us a completed date? I'm theorizing a chronology to DLS's based on complete dates....


Ned, I don't think its based on Complete date. Some people I remember in the past week have gotten DLS's with Jan complete dates. So I think it's random.
Since we're all in the same soft hold category, i think they've rearranged us and don't care about complete date anymore.


Just noticing since the URM wave it's all october/november DLS's. Maybe because most TLS users applied early on. Could be random I suppose, but what explains the non-waitlisting of people with amazing stats? They already hit there targets and are going on softs now?

I've been on selection panels and admissions committees myself, and at this point it might be getting pretty random. Rounds of quick-voting to thin the field, people picking favorites, or voting yes/no based on level of fatigue or hunger... or voting for/against people based on who else is voting for/against. It's likely a sloppy process at this point.

All a man can do is make an island for himself.... Let nothing touch him.


Oh man, the thought of this is demoralizing. I hope someone's taken up my cause. And yours, Ned.


Yepyepyep -- uh huh - uh huh

jd20122015
Posts: 50
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:07 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby jd20122015 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:34 pm

would it be overkill to send in another loci at this point? i'm a soft hold urm..i have some stuff to add about my job, and stanford is definitely my top choice because of the programs there.... i sent one in in february. would it just annoy dean deal/hurt my application?

i'm also overly anxious.

User avatar
yepyepyep
Posts: 232
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:36 am

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby yepyepyep » Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:44 pm

ned wrote:
yepyepyep wrote:
Oh man, the thought of this is demoralizing. I hope someone's taken up my cause. And yours, Ned.


Yepyepyep -- uh huh - uh huh


Season 3 GoT viewings would occur next spring.

User avatar
ned
Posts: 264
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:47 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby ned » Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:56 pm

It's Friday the 13th. I've been bracing for a Friday night massacre all week. If I'm going to get axed, I'd want it to be tonight. It's, what, 3:00 over there? There's still time!

Elric
Posts: 115
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:27 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Elric » Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:58 pm

jd20122015 wrote:would it be overkill to send in another loci at this point? i'm a soft hold urm..i have some stuff to add about my job, and stanford is definitely my top choice because of the programs there.... i sent one in in february. would it just annoy dean deal/hurt my application?

i'm also overly anxious.



I would like to know this as well...but this would be my first loci. (complete in Jan)

User avatar
yepyepyep
Posts: 232
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:36 am

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby yepyepyep » Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:04 pm

Elric wrote:
jd20122015 wrote:would it be overkill to send in another loci at this point? i'm a soft hold urm..i have some stuff to add about my job, and stanford is definitely my top choice because of the programs there.... i sent one in in february. would it just annoy dean deal/hurt my application?

i'm also overly anxious.



I would like to know this as well...but this would be my first loci. (complete in Jan)


I don't think it ever hurts as long as your LOCI is relevant and adds to your app. See the Dean's blog about good LOCI's (I think from last year). If you search this thread, you'll find info on it, too.

User avatar
Parmenides
Posts: 57
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:13 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Parmenides » Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:08 pm

At this point I just want a decision and it doesn't really matter what it is... as long as its an acceptance.

User avatar
ned
Posts: 264
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:47 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby ned » Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:56 pm

yepyepyep wrote:
ned wrote:
yepyepyep wrote:
Oh man, the thought of this is demoralizing. I hope someone's taken up my cause. And yours, Ned.


Yepyepyep -- uh huh - uh huh


Season 3 GoT viewings would occur next spring.


Stanford does resemble kings landing...

JWilliamsIV
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:14 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby JWilliamsIV » Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:06 pm

DLS between 3 and 4 today. 165/3.9 and Military softs. Complete 10/12. Glad to go down on Friday the 13th! Good luck to the rest of you.

Airallie
Posts: 51
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:09 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Airallie » Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:21 pm

DLSed complete 1/27 Under review 2/6. Had no shot but applied anyway. Had some good softs. Got DLSed between 255-400 PM Fri the 13th. Good luck all who remain. Hoping for a wait list.

User avatar
sharktankdean
Posts: 663
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:57 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby sharktankdean » Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:56 pm

And the wait continues....will try and enjoy this weekend cuz its looking like next week will be hell week

User avatar
ned
Posts: 264
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:47 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby ned » Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:10 pm

adam1 wrote:
yepyepyep wrote:
yepyepyep wrote:
ned wrote:

Ned, I don't think its based on Complete date. Some people I remember in the past week have gotten DLS's with Jan complete dates. So I think it's random.
Since we're all in the same soft hold category, i think they've rearranged us and don't care about complete date anymore.


Just noticing since the URM wave it's all october/november DLS's. Maybe because most TLS users applied early on. Could be random I suppose, but what explains the non-waitlisting of people with amazing stats? They already hit there targets and are going on softs now?

I've been on selection panels and admissions committees myself, and at this point it might be getting pretty random. Rounds of quick-voting to thin the field, people picking favorites, or voting yes/no based on level of fatigue or hunger... or voting for/against people based on who else is voting for/against. It's likely a sloppy process at this point.

All a man can do is make an island for himself.... Let nothing touch him.


Oh man, the thought of this is demoralizing. I hope someone's taken up my cause. And yours, Ned.


Anyone have any actual insight on Stanford's process? Like is it faculty review, committee, or just a one woman show?


Came across a job listing posted in March for Associate Director of Admissions at SLS. Depending on the situation, this could indicate a staffing issue, which could cause them to be behind schedule. Also, the job description vaguely answers your question:

" The ideal candidate for this position will possess strong database skills and will become the expert PeopleSoft and ACES2 user in the Admissions office. In addition, the Associate Director will be expected to manage the on-line application process in preparation for application files to be read by the Admissions committee."

neuroticjew
Posts: 86
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:46 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby neuroticjew » Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:12 am

Well, Chicago's deposit deadline is Monday and Stanford may not get back to me for another two weeks at this rate. If I send Chicago a check will Stanford find out and blackball me? :roll:

User avatar
xiaojimu
Posts: 103
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:31 am

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby xiaojimu » Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:45 am

Just checked, DLSed.

Is that likely a R or A?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Exabot [Bot], fattsdomino, Google [Bot], joezze, lillawyer2, StandardWhiteGuy32 and 6 guests