Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Tom Joad
Posts: 4542
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:56 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Tom Joad » Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:59 am

soj wrote:
operagrl71 wrote:Just thought I'd share that the local Jack-in-the-Box is much closer to campus, so that's where I'll be - look forward to seeing you guys there should it come to that... :)

Eww, Jack in the Box. I went to JitB in Vegas one time, ordered a medium drink, and got a cup that holds more liquid than Vegas gets in precipitation each year. Dat Beetus.

Yumm. Another reason to be part of SLS '15.

User avatar
Doorkeeper
Posts: 4872
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:25 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Doorkeeper » Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:45 am

So lets start this week off with some phone calls, please Dean Deal?

please?

pretty please?

User avatar
Genki
Posts: 247
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:04 am

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Genki » Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:00 am

I think today is the day.

User avatar
Tom Joad
Posts: 4542
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:56 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Tom Joad » Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:07 am

I think the pressure has finally got to me, all. I just had the strangest TLS induced Stanford related dream, and it was one of the weirdest, most surreal dreams I have ever had. Very weird. Maybe today is the day.

User avatar
Doorkeeper
Posts: 4872
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:25 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Doorkeeper » Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:15 am

Genki wrote:I think today is the day.

Don't think like this! I thought last week was the week all week and I just felt horribly disappointed.

Today is definitely not the day.

*wink*

User avatar
brogoc
Posts: 81
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:54 am

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby brogoc » Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:21 am

April 30 is the day. Maybe.

User avatar
brogoc
Posts: 81
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:54 am

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby brogoc » Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:23 am

brogoc wrote:April 30 is the day. Maybe.


The time will be 11:59. We will then all receive notifications that our applications have been held for further consideration.

User avatar
sharktankdean
Posts: 663
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:57 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby sharktankdean » Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:30 am

Tom Joad wrote:I think the pressure has finally got to me, all. I just had the strangest TLS induced Stanford related dream, and it was one of the weirdest, most surreal dreams I have ever had. Very weird. Maybe today is the day.



lol I have been having these for a while now...in the last one Dean Deal (or somewhere wearing a Stanford hoodie) shot me in the heart with an arrow.

user_france
Posts: 54
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:47 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby user_france » Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:33 am

brogoc wrote:
brogoc wrote:April 30 is the day. Maybe.


The time will be 11:59. We will then all receive notifications that our applications have been held for further consideration.


Your two comments just made my day -- in a twisted-humor-funny-because-it's-true-kind-of-way.

User avatar
Tom Joad
Posts: 4542
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:56 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Tom Joad » Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:34 am

sharktankdean wrote:
Tom Joad wrote:I think the pressure has finally got to me, all. I just had the strangest TLS induced Stanford related dream, and it was one of the weirdest, most surreal dreams I have ever had. Very weird. Maybe today is the day.



lol I have been having these for a while now...in the last one Dean Deal (or somewhere wearing a Stanford hoodie) shot me in the heart with an arrow.

Mine has tons of plot elements but one highlight is me sobbing at how beautiful the campus is.

kindaklueless
Posts: 105
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:09 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby kindaklueless » Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:01 pm

We know there's been more than two DLS in the last four days and yet that's how many have been reported on LSN. Since the sample size for admits would be even smaller, maybe there have been scattered admits all along. The drip-drip-drip nature of the discussion in this thread eerily mirrors where last year's thread was at this stage.

User avatar
Elendil
Posts: 516
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:45 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Elendil » Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:06 pm

kindaklueless wrote:We know there's been more than two DLS in the last four days and yet that's how many have been reported on LSN. Since the sample size for admits would be even smaller, maybe there have been scattered admits all along. The drip-drip-drip nature of the discussion in this thread eerily mirrors where last year's thread was at this stage.


Which means that application blood will probably be spilled soon.

User avatar
thelawschoolproject
Posts: 1364
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:58 am

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby thelawschoolproject » Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:10 pm

I just want to say that this Friday is Friday the 13th...and the last Friday the 13th I had during this cycle I was waitlisted to Penn and Chi...I cannot handle the things.

User avatar
Doorkeeper
Posts: 4872
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:25 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Doorkeeper » Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:11 pm

It's so crazy that they still haven't accepted anyone from the soft hold pile...at all. I'm going through LSN for this year and I can't find anyone who has been accepted who heard over 3 months from their submission date.

Edit- I found 1 applicant.

User avatar
sharktankdean
Posts: 663
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:57 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby sharktankdean » Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:16 pm

Doorkeeper wrote:It's so crazy that they still haven't accepted anyone from the soft hold pile...at all. I'm going through LSN for this year and I can't find anyone who has been accepted who heard over 3 months from their submission date.

Edit- I found 1 applicant.


i think FEE was a soft hold (that's the one you found right)...talk about special snowflake...maybe his/her app got lost and they found it later.

jim-green
Posts: 808
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:55 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby jim-green » Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:29 pm

Geneva wrote:i dont think it will hurt. i sent in a new rec and got accepted a couple weeks later. i dont get all these ppl that say to wait to send a loci until u are waitlisted...as long as u dont harrass sls, one loci plus one extra rec letter should be fine. i hate it when ppl say "this late in the game it may not make a difference" bc IT MAY MAKE A DIFFERENCE.
Thanks, how did you send in the new rec? Through LSAC or directly from recommender to SLS admissions?

Geneva
Posts: 1014
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:32 am

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Geneva » Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:13 pm

jim-green wrote:
Geneva wrote:i dont think it will hurt. i sent in a new rec and got accepted a couple weeks later. i dont get all these ppl that say to wait to send a loci until u are waitlisted...as long as u dont harrass sls, one loci plus one extra rec letter should be fine. i hate it when ppl say "this late in the game it may not make a difference" bc IT MAY MAKE A DIFFERENCE.
Thanks, how did you send in the new rec? Through LSAC or directly from recommender to SLS admissions?


Through LSAC.

User avatar
BVest
Posts: 5691
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:51 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby BVest » Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:37 pm

BVest wrote:"A decision letter has been sent"

So I'm guessing my rejection is en route.


Yep. As in nope.

To say I was a longshot is a gross understatement. I was really just surprised at how long it took.

User avatar
sharktankdean
Posts: 663
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:57 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby sharktankdean » Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:00 pm

Stanford why has thou forsaken me? Where is my decision?

User avatar
thelawschoolproject
Posts: 1364
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:58 am

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby thelawschoolproject » Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:01 pm

Every time I see a new post ITT, I stop breathing.

kindaklueless
Posts: 105
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:09 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby kindaklueless » Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:03 pm

Last year's ASW was earlier, right? Is that the deadline Dean Deal has traditionally given herself for most non-WL admit decisions?

User avatar
Doorkeeper
Posts: 4872
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:25 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Doorkeeper » Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:07 pm

kindaklueless wrote:Last year's ASW was earlier, right? Is that the deadline Dean Deal has traditionally given herself for most non-WL admit decisions?

I hadn't known this, but yes. Last year's ASW was April 9-11. This year's ASW is April 19-21. Perhaps this might explain the lateness of the soft hold applicant notifications?

Barca10
Posts: 70
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:46 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Barca10 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:10 pm

Doorkeeper wrote:
kindaklueless wrote:Last year's ASW was earlier, right? Is that the deadline Dean Deal has traditionally given herself for most non-WL admit decisions?

I hadn't known this, but yes. Last year's ASW was April 9-11. This year's ASW is April 19-21. Perhaps this might explain the lateness of the soft hold applicant notifications?


Probably one of the first theories discussed in this blog lately that makes sense and gives me hope. 8)

User avatar
sharktankdean
Posts: 663
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:57 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby sharktankdean » Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:12 pm

kindaklueless wrote:Last year's ASW was earlier, right? Is that the deadline Dean Deal has traditionally given herself for most non-WL admit decisions?



you sir/madam are my new tls hero (i think i have 3 now)

adam1
Posts: 179
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:36 am

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby adam1 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:15 pm

Barca10 wrote:
Doorkeeper wrote:
kindaklueless wrote:Last year's ASW was earlier, right? Is that the deadline Dean Deal has traditionally given herself for most non-WL admit decisions?

I hadn't known this, but yes. Last year's ASW was April 9-11. This year's ASW is April 19-21. Perhaps this might explain the lateness of the soft hold applicant notifications?


Probably one of the first theories discussed in this blog lately that makes sense and gives me hope. 8)


The first soft-hold acceptance last year was on 3/30, ten days before ASW. Today's date plus ten days is... April 19.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”