Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Elendil
Posts: 516
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:45 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Elendil » Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:25 pm

Not to get anyone overly optimistic, but it also looks as though (on LSN) they've already made their way through a decent part of the soft hold rejects, when compared to last year. If you sort by decision date and look at rejects, you'll notice a steady climb over the past three weeks or so. Maybe we're all just in store for that handful of acceptances and a subsequent waitlist wave still?

EDIT: I feel like I'm just trying to read tea leaves still, my time would be much better spent going to sleep.

User avatar
Bronck
Posts: 2025
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:28 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Bronck » Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:29 pm

Waiting to here back from Stanford (and Yale) before I deposit at Columbia. Mostly been lurking this thread, but they need to release decisions already!

EMZE
Posts: 715
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:53 am

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby EMZE » Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:30 pm

Elendil wrote:Not to get anyone overly optimistic, but it also looks as though (on LSN) they've already made their way through a decent part of the soft hold rejects, when compared to last year. If you sort by decision date and look at rejects, you'll notice a steady climb over the past three weeks or so. Maybe we're all just in store for that handful of acceptances and a subsequent waitlist wave still?

EDIT: I feel like I'm just trying to read tea leaves still, my time would be much better spent going to sleep.


Go to sleep!
Then, wake up, go do whatever you do during the day, and then get interrupted by a call from good ol' Faye Deal

User avatar
Elendil
Posts: 516
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:45 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Elendil » Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:31 pm

EMZE wrote:
Elendil wrote:Not to get anyone overly optimistic, but it also looks as though (on LSN) they've already made their way through a decent part of the soft hold rejects, when compared to last year. If you sort by decision date and look at rejects, you'll notice a steady climb over the past three weeks or so. Maybe we're all just in store for that handful of acceptances and a subsequent waitlist wave still?

EDIT: I feel like I'm just trying to read tea leaves still, my time would be much better spent going to sleep.


Go to sleep!
Then, wake up, go do whatever you do during the day, and then get interrupted by a call from good ol' Faye Deal


I'm going to do that, actually. And if, by some chance, I get that call tomorrow... I owe you a drink.

cidergirl
Posts: 80
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:19 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby cidergirl » Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:33 pm

Bronck wrote:Waiting to here back from Stanford (and Yale) before I deposit at Columbia. Mostly been lurking this thread, but they need to release decisions already!


Not Harvard? Good luck!

User avatar
Bronck
Posts: 2025
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:28 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Bronck » Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:34 pm

cidergirl wrote:
Bronck wrote:Waiting to here back from Stanford (and Yale) before I deposit at Columbia. Mostly been lurking this thread, but they need to release decisions already!


Not Harvard? Good luck!


Got rejected in January from Harvard :( was a bit of a shocker

cidergirl
Posts: 80
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:19 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby cidergirl » Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:35 pm

Bronck wrote:
cidergirl wrote:
Bronck wrote:Waiting to here back from Stanford (and Yale) before I deposit at Columbia. Mostly been lurking this thread, but they need to release decisions already!


Not Harvard? Good luck!


Got rejected in January from Harvard :( was a bit of a shocker


Maybe it was a YP bc they know you're New Haven bound?

User avatar
hypothalamus
Posts: 745
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:11 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby hypothalamus » Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:39 pm

This person withdrew from Stanford. Just throwing that out there :D ==>

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/ReaganRepub22

User avatar
FryBreadPower
Posts: 908
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:46 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby FryBreadPower » Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:52 pm

hypothalamus wrote:This person withdrew from Stanford. Just throwing that out there :D ==>

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/ReaganRepub22


It's also a totally fake profile.

User avatar
hypothalamus
Posts: 745
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:11 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby hypothalamus » Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:54 pm

FryBreadPower wrote:
hypothalamus wrote:This person withdrew from Stanford. Just throwing that out there :D ==>

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/ReaganRepub22


It's also a totally fake profile.


Can't we all use some comic relief, albeit fake? :)

User avatar
FryBreadPower
Posts: 908
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:46 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby FryBreadPower » Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:58 pm

hypothalamus wrote:
FryBreadPower wrote:
hypothalamus wrote:This person withdrew from Stanford. Just throwing that out there :D ==>

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/ReaganRepub22


It's also a totally fake profile.


Can't we all use some comic relief, albeit fake? :)


:P

User avatar
Tom Joad
Posts: 4542
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:56 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Tom Joad » Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:24 am

Ignore these false flag fake accounts. We may have some evidence of soft hold action: http://lawschoolnumbers.com/tjddk and http://lawschoolnumbers.com/littleredlaw

EMZE
Posts: 715
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:53 am

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby EMZE » Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:35 am

Tom Joad wrote:Ignore these false flag fake accounts. We may have some evidence of soft hold action: http://lawschoolnumbers.com/tjddk and http://lawschoolnumbers.com/littleredlaw


Neither of those really seem like they were ever held. The first link is in line with the first few waves of rejections, and the latter looks like it was only updated recently, along with a bunch of other schools.

User avatar
ru1ess
Posts: 64
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:39 am

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby ru1ess » Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:42 am

Calls today? PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASSSSEEE

Ghghghhhg2000
Posts: 25
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:25 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Ghghghhhg2000 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:09 am

DLS :( UR 1/27

User avatar
thelawschoolproject
Posts: 1364
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:58 am

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby thelawschoolproject » Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:12 am

Today has to be the day...my little heart can't take it anymore. On this day we are ALL getting fabulous phone calls. <3

User avatar
Doorkeeper
Posts: 4872
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:25 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Doorkeeper » Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:16 am

Today or tomorrow.
Today or tomorrow.
Today or tomorrow.

*Repeat as necessary to calm down*



Also, a non-soft hold got in on Wednesday apparently, according to LSN. See: http://lawschoolnumbers.com/SlothMonkey

txl
Posts: 58
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:55 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby txl » Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:22 am

Ghghghhhg2000 wrote:DLS :( UR 1/27


Sorry to hear it.

On another note, i would suspect that this means there won't be any soft hold movement this week. Doesn't seem like rejects from UR's of 5 weeks ago are going to come out during the same batch as what we're all hoping for.

User avatar
AmoryB
Posts: 120
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:39 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby AmoryB » Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:33 am

txl wrote:
Ghghghhhg2000 wrote:DLS :( UR 1/27


Sorry to hear it.

On another note, i would suspect that this means there won't be any soft hold movement this week. Doesn't seem like rejects from UR's of 5 weeks ago are going to come out during the same batch as what we're all hoping for.


Not to delve too far into rampant speculation, but I think this corroborates Elendil's theory about Stanford still working their way through the soft hold pile. Based on LSN, the trend of rejections has worked its way from the September soft holds all the way to the January soft holds. Once they've finished rejecting from the soft hold pile I would venture to guess that everyone remaining is either in the Waitlist or Admit pile.

User avatar
Chucky21
Posts: 294
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:36 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Chucky21 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:35 am

AmoryB wrote:
txl wrote:
Ghghghhhg2000 wrote:DLS :( UR 1/27


Sorry to hear it.

On another note, i would suspect that this means there won't be any soft hold movement this week. Doesn't seem like rejects from UR's of 5 weeks ago are going to come out during the same batch as what we're all hoping for.


Not to delve too far into rampant speculation, but I think this corroborates Elendil's theory about Stanford still working their way through the soft hold pile. Based on LSN, the trend of rejections has worked its way from the September soft holds all the way to the January soft holds. Once they've finished rejecting from the soft hold pile I would venture to guess that everyone remaining is either in the Waitlist or Admit pile.


I would hope that you are right. But they don't need to give us a decision until the 15th right? I hope they don't actually use that deadline.

User avatar
ru1ess
Posts: 64
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:39 am

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby ru1ess » Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:49 am

Chucky21 wrote:
AmoryB wrote:
txl wrote:
Ghghghhhg2000 wrote:DLS :( UR 1/27


Sorry to hear it.

On another note, i would suspect that this means there won't be any soft hold movement this week. Doesn't seem like rejects from UR's of 5 weeks ago are going to come out during the same batch as what we're all hoping for.


Not to delve too far into rampant speculation, but I think this corroborates Elendil's theory about Stanford still working their way through the soft hold pile. Based on LSN, the trend of rejections has worked its way from the September soft holds all the way to the January soft holds. Once they've finished rejecting from the soft hold pile I would venture to guess that everyone remaining is either in the Waitlist or Admit pile.


I would hope that you are right. But they don't need to give us a decision until the 15th right? I hope they don't actually use that deadline.


I think it's the 30th this year bro

Trig9793
Posts: 24
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:35 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Trig9793 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:06 pm

UR since 1/6. Are we thinking that my application has been passed-over for the moment, or is it possible that the January applications still haven't been reached yet?

Chiller303
Posts: 24
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:41 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Chiller303 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:12 pm

Trig9793 wrote:UR since 1/6. Are we thinking that my application has been passed-over for the moment, or is it possible that the January applications still haven't been reached yet?


Hard to tell: LSN is showing that people with later complete dates have been excavated out of the soft hold pile and rejected. Which means that, assuming they're going chronologically, you're safe for now. I'm unclear as to how many rounds of rejections they do - i.e., whether they'll whittle the soft holds down again.

nfohey
Posts: 50
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:06 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby nfohey » Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:16 pm

Trig9793 wrote:UR since 1/6. Are we thinking that my application has been passed-over for the moment, or is it possible that the January applications still haven't been reached yet?


I went UR 2/7 and just saw my status checker updated to "Decision Letter Sent" or something like that. Still not expecting good news. Is a letter a bad omen since everyone else is hoping for calls?

User avatar
pupshaw
Posts: 504
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:08 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby pupshaw » Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:19 pm

nfohey wrote:
Trig9793 wrote:UR since 1/6. Are we thinking that my application has been passed-over for the moment, or is it possible that the January applications still haven't been reached yet?


I went UR 2/7 and just saw my status checker updated to "Decision Letter Sent" or something like that. Still not expecting good news. Is a letter a bad omen since everyone else is hoping for calls?


Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but thus far that has meant rejection. :(




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: hellohalo, potatocowpower, Zoe107 and 7 guests