Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
ru1ess

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby ru1ess » Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:23 am

Doorkeeper wrote:
sailboat wrote:
Doorkeeper wrote:
FortunaGubernans wrote:Hey all,

I'm going to chime in here with a question that most of you will likely know the answer to. I just got the DLS notification ("just" being, perhaps, a relative term because I stopped checking daily because it was making me crazy). Does that necessarily mean I'm getting a "no" because they would call if I were in? Could it possibly mean waitlist, or would they call and/or email for a waitlist as well?

Thanks in advance to any who respond and best of luck to all still waiting to hear!

I'm sorry to say this, but more than likely you have been rejected. I do not think waitlist notifications have gone out yet, and if one was accepted they would've received a call and/or an email.

No, people have started being waitlisted (see earlier in this thread and LSN). I'm not sure if they found out via mail or email, though. There's also speculation that for the moment it's only people who requested an expedited decision because of exploding scholarships at other schools, but that doesn't mean they won't start waitlisting others...

Right. Zelda got WL, but he asked because of the Ruby deadline. Looking back on LSN, WLs start going out 4/6-4/8, so I guess there's a chance. Do we know if WL people get email notification? I would assume that they do.

I know my sis did, 09-10 cycle..

yansky22

Postby yansky22 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:26 am

I think if I saw anything but a "Your app is now complete" line on my status, my brain would literally explode from confusion at this point. UR 11/29

sn20

Postby sn20 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:34 am

yansky22 wrote:I think if I saw anything but a "Your app is now complete" line on my status, my brain would literally explode from confusion at this point. UR 11/29

App sent 9/30. My brain is fried.

FortunaGubernans

Postby FortunaGubernans » Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:47 am

Doorkeeper wrote:
sailboat wrote:
Doorkeeper wrote:
FortunaGubernans wrote:Hey all,

I'm going to chime in here with a question that most of you will likely know the answer to. I just got the DLS notification ("just" being, perhaps, a relative term because I stopped checking daily because it was making me crazy). Does that necessarily mean I'm getting a "no" because they would call if I were in? Could it possibly mean waitlist, or would they call and/or email for a waitlist as well?

Thanks in advance to any who respond and best of luck to all still waiting to hear!

I'm sorry to say this, but more than likely you have been rejected. I do not think waitlist notifications have gone out yet, and if one was accepted they would've received a call and/or an email.

No, people have started being waitlisted (see earlier in this thread and LSN). I'm not sure if they found out via mail or email, though. There's also speculation that for the moment it's only people who requested an expedited decision because of exploding scholarships at other schools, but that doesn't mean they won't start waitlisting others...

Right. Zelda got WL, but he asked because of the Ruby deadline. Looking back on LSN, WLs start going out 4/6-4/8, so I guess there's a chance. Do we know if WL people get email notification? I would assume that they do.

Alright. Thank you all. That's what I was expecting the result to be, but it's nice to have a little more certainty. Hopefully the spot I free up goes to one of you!

bogm2012

Postby bogm2012 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:59 pm

So here's a question...

I will be out in CA for Berkeley's ASW, and booked some extra time to hang out in the Bay Area. I want to visit SLS during my time out there.

I realize that they probably won't give a shit, but should I reach out to the admissions office to let them know I'm interested in visiting, even though I haven't yet been admitted? At other schools I've just sort of wandered around at my leisure, but I feel like I should let them know that I'm coming. I am generally not a fan of the LOCI, but I feel like this would show them that my interest has very much continued.

Doorkeeper

Postby Doorkeeper » Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:01 pm

bogm2012 wrote:I realize that they probably won't give a shit, but should I reach out to the admissions office to let them know I'm interested in visiting, even though I haven't yet been admitted? At other schools I've just sort of wandered around at my leisure, but I feel like I should let them know that I'm coming. I am generally not a fan of the LOCI, but I feel like this would show them that my interest has very much continued.

I did this when I was in SF for work. They didn't do anything formal with the admissions officers, but the staff people were happy to answer questions and let you wander around the campus. You could then mention what you learned from the campus visit if you need to write a LOCI after a WL.

FavoriteColorGRUE

Postby FavoriteColorGRUE » Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:29 pm

Stanford is the only thing between me and the end of my cycle! #LastStatusCheckerStanding
Hoping we all get some peace soon.

sharktankdean

Postby sharktankdean » Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:37 pm

FavoriteColorGRUE wrote:Stanford is the only thing between me and the end of my cycle! #LastStatusCheckerStanding

lol

I was wondering is there a period during the day that Stanford starts/stops making calls...i need to try and organize/manage my anxiety.

yepyepyep

Postby yepyepyep » Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:12 pm

sharktankdean wrote:
FavoriteColorGRUE wrote:Stanford is the only thing between me and the end of my cycle! #LastStatusCheckerStanding

lol

I was wondering is there a period during the day that Stanford starts/stops making calls...i need to try and organize/manage my anxiety.

I've heard they get up pretttty early west coast time to make calls on the east...like 6 or 7am PDT. And i imagine they could call until 5pm PDT...so yeah a huge window

Geneva

Postby Geneva » Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:22 pm

sharktankdean wrote:

lol

pretend you were rejected and then you will be pleasantly shocked/surprised when u get in. in my case, i was so shocked to hear from dean deal that i originally thought her call was some sort of pre-acceptance application follow-up rather than an acceptance. i know my approach sounds crazy, but i find that lowering my expectations (about things outside my control, after i have done everything in my power) brings peace of mind and greater appreciation for positive outcomes. in any case, hope you get some good news soon!

HotSauce

Postby HotSauce » Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:23 pm

+1

ned

Postby ned » Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:29 pm

It's almost unheard of for someone with my LSAT score to be accepted, and yet SLS deigns to keep me in her pocket. A back-up back-up plan? I just want to know if I'm being waitlisted so I can decide whether or not I should be preparing to retake the test in June. Then she'll want me for sure.

Stanford, you're peeling this band-aid off wayyy too slowly.

sharktankdean

Postby sharktankdean » Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:45 pm

Geneva wrote:
sharktankdean wrote:

lol

pretend you were rejected and then you will be pleasantly shocked/surprised when u get in. in my case, i was so shocked to hear from dean deal that i originally thought her call was some sort of pre-acceptance application follow-up rather than an acceptance. i know my approach sounds crazy, but i find that lowering my expectations (about things outside my control, after i have done everything in my power) brings peace of mind and greater appreciation for positive outcomes. in any case, hope you get some good news soon!

the prob with this is that i only have 2 schools left to hear from...and im already doing this for one of them...if i accept that i may not be in at both....honestly i wouldn't know what to do with myself lol

yepyepyep

Postby yepyepyep » Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:13 pm

sharktankdean wrote:
Geneva wrote:
sharktankdean wrote:

lol

the prob with this is that i only have 2 schools left to hear from...and im already doing this for one of them...if i accept that i may not be in at both....honestly i wouldn't know what to do with myself lol

this. lots of this.

hypothalamus

Postby hypothalamus » Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:19 pm

Stanford, why u no meik decision??

EMZE

Postby EMZE » Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:23 pm

sharktankdean wrote:
Geneva wrote:
sharktankdean wrote:

lol

The best thing, I've found, for my sanity is to plan firmly in the direction of the school I am accepted at. Fortunately, it was among my dream schools from the onset, and I never though I would get in. If I do end up in Palo Alto, at least it's not too far of a drive.

Tom Joad

Postby Tom Joad » Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:43 pm

Alright. We are victims of yield protection.

hypothalamus

Postby hypothalamus » Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:43 pm

"Indecision 2012" is taking on a new meeting :D

Doorkeeper

Postby Doorkeeper » Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:43 pm

Tom Joad wrote:Alright. We are victims of yield protection.

Hmm...not sure about that, but I could see how that could be.

sharktankdean

Postby sharktankdean » Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:46 pm

lol. Maybe u but def. not me. At this point i think the office dog just ate my app.

Doorkeeper

Postby Doorkeeper » Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:48 pm

Some intrepid soul should call Admissions to ask what's going on...this is getting pretty ridiculous.

yepyepyep

Postby yepyepyep » Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:49 pm

sharktankdean wrote:

lol. Maybe u but def. not me. At this point i think the office dog just ate my app.

Haha "Submitted for review...into the circular filing cabinet under the desk"

Tom Joad

Postby Tom Joad » Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:50 pm

sharktankdean wrote:

lol no definitely not me. If we don't hear anything by a certain time can we assume they just messed up and ask to be accepted for them to make it up for us?

hypothalamus

Postby hypothalamus » Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:53 pm

yepyepyep wrote:
sharktankdean wrote:

I laughed loudly when I read this :D :D

erikjc

Postby erikjc » Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:08 pm

hypothalamus wrote:
yepyepyep wrote:
sharktankdean wrote:

I laughed loudly when I read this :D :D

+1

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”