Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
jetissent
Posts: 431
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:33 am

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby jetissent » Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:08 am

KB1 and DLS at Stanford on the same day. Now I really hope that interview went well. haha

Good luck everyone! :)

User avatar
hypothalamus
Posts: 745
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:11 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby hypothalamus » Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:23 am

jetissent wrote:KB1 and DLS at Stanford on the same day. Now I really hope that interview went well. haha

Good luck everyone! :)


Oh nooo! We're the same person... except you actually have better stats... :(

User avatar
larsoner
Posts: 143
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:33 am

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby larsoner » Sat Mar 31, 2012 1:59 pm

jetissent wrote:KB1 and DLS at Stanford on the same day. Now I really hope that interview went well. haha

Good luck everyone! :)


Wow!! Congrats!

JWilliamsIV
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:14 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby JWilliamsIV » Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:20 am

I found out that I earned 3 more "A+"s and 1 "A" this past Winter quarter. I am a soft hold from October. Do you all think I have time to get these in for consideration? Should I bother?

admisionquestion
Posts: 473
Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:16 am

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby admisionquestion » Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:06 am

JWilliamsIV wrote:I found out that I earned 3 more "A+"s and 1 "A" this past Winter quarter. I am a soft hold from October. Do you all think I have time to get these in for consideration? Should I bother?


what school do you go to? And yes.

JasonR
Posts: 421
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:09 am

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby JasonR » Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:18 am

JWilliamsIV wrote:I found out that I earned 3 more "A+"s and 1 "A" this past Winter quarter. I am a soft hold from October. Do you all think I have time to get these in for consideration? Should I bother?


It's always possible that it's too late to have an effect, but it couldn't hurt you to send them in.

admisionquestion
Posts: 473
Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:16 am

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby admisionquestion » Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:02 am

admisionquestion wrote:
JWilliamsIV wrote:I found out that I earned 3 more "A+"s and 1 "A" this past Winter quarter. I am a soft hold from October. Do you all think I have time to get these in for consideration? Should I bother?


what school do you go to? And yes.


Im serious what school gives out A+s and what school works on a quarter system. There cant be many... very odd.

User avatar
yepyepyep
Posts: 232
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:36 am

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby yepyepyep » Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:25 am

admisionquestion wrote:Im serious what school gives out A+s and what school works on a quarter system. There cant be many... very odd.


Stanford

JWilliamsIV
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:14 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby JWilliamsIV » Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:28 pm

admisionquestion wrote:
admisionquestion wrote:
JWilliamsIV wrote:I found out that I earned 3 more "A+"s and 1 "A" this past Winter quarter. I am a soft hold from October. Do you all think I have time to get these in for consideration? Should I bother?


what school do you go to? And yes.


Im serious what school gives out A+s and what school works on a quarter system. There cant be many... very odd.



UC Irvine

admisionquestion
Posts: 473
Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:16 am

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby admisionquestion » Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:32 pm

yepyepyep wrote:
admisionquestion wrote:Im serious what school gives out A+s and what school works on a quarter system. There cant be many... very odd.


Stanford


lol at me.

User avatar
Doorkeeper
Posts: 4872
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:25 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Doorkeeper » Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:51 am

...well this should be the week, folks.

Get ready.

kindaklueless
Posts: 105
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:09 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby kindaklueless » Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:46 am

So my law school admissions cycle is now officially longer than my undergrad one. And I was so hopeful when I received my first acceptance a week after submitting my first application. Come on, Stanford!

User avatar
Aspen
Posts: 115
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:38 am

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Aspen » Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:09 pm

Anyone else in Berkeley and deciding between going to Berkeley or Stanford (if they get in)? Berkeley Law has been my dream school for a long time but Stanford is the 2nd best law school in the country....

User avatar
sharktankdean
Posts: 663
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:57 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby sharktankdean » Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:27 pm

Dear Stanford,

I need to make my decision soon..but thanks to Dean Asha I know not to send you and email telling you this because you will send me a denial...so please do your best to let me know ASAP. I know you have the whole week to make decisions but today would be a perfect day.


Thanks
Sharktankdean

azgirl514
Posts: 66
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:39 am

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby azgirl514 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:57 pm

Aspen wrote:Anyone else in Berkeley and deciding between going to Berkeley or Stanford (if they get in)? Berkeley Law has been my dream school for a long time but Stanford is the 2nd best law school in the country....


That would be the most amazing dilemma in the world to have!!

EMZE
Posts: 715
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:53 am

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby EMZE » Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:59 pm

Aspen wrote:Anyone else in Berkeley and deciding between going to Berkeley or Stanford (if they get in)? Berkeley Law has been my dream school for a long time but Stanford is the 2nd best law school in the country....


Same boat, with an HLS decision pending as well.
Did I mention I submitted all my apps in October?

User avatar
amc987
Posts: 568
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:58 am

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby amc987 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:04 pm

EMZE wrote:Same boat, with an HLS decision pending as well.
Did I mention I submitted all my apps in October?


This is actually the story of my life. Sigh.

EMZE
Posts: 715
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:53 am

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby EMZE » Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:06 pm

amc987 wrote:
EMZE wrote:Same boat, with an HLS decision pending as well.
Did I mention I submitted all my apps in October?


This is actually the story of my life. Sigh.


There's actually a good number of us that fit into this category..

I am also pending at CLS, but would probably choose Berk anyway.

Geneva
Posts: 1014
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:32 am

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Geneva » Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:08 pm

EMZE wrote:
Aspen wrote:Anyone else in Berkeley and deciding between going to Berkeley or Stanford (if they get in)? Berkeley Law has been my dream school for a long time but Stanford is the 2nd best law school in the country....



Berk/Stanford are the schools I like best out of those to which I have been admitted. However, will be really hard to turn down SLS unless I get $0 or insane cash at Berkeley. I'm 95% sure I'll be at SLS unless I get a miraculous Yale acceptance. What are you thinking atm? Also, major CONGRATS on SLS (if you are in). If not, gooooood luck!

kindaklueless
Posts: 105
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:09 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby kindaklueless » Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:09 pm

Half the people I met at Columbia last week seemed to be waiting on Stanford and Harvard.

User avatar
Perdevise
Posts: 367
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:45 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Perdevise » Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:16 pm

kindaklueless wrote:Half the people I met at Columbia last week seemed to be waiting on Stanford and Harvard.


Thats funny. At NYU's ASD, no one mentioned HYS (some talked about Columbia).

bogm2012
Posts: 88
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:11 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby bogm2012 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:23 pm

Perdevise wrote:
kindaklueless wrote:Half the people I met at Columbia last week seemed to be waiting on Stanford and Harvard.


Thats funny. At NYU's ASD, no one mentioned HYS (some talked about Columbia).


Agreed. And no one assumed off the bat that those who were in at HYS would automatically take one of them over NYU, which was not the case at a few other t10 ASWs I went to.

I think it's a great asset to have. You don't want too many people at your school who resent that they didn't get into their top choice.

Geneva
Posts: 1014
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:32 am

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Geneva » Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:30 pm

Perdevise wrote:
kindaklueless wrote:Half the people I met at Columbia last week seemed to be waiting on Stanford and Harvard.


Thats funny. At NYU's ASD, no one mentioned HYS (some talked about Columbia).


A couple people at Mich's ASDasked about HYS (I think a couple ppl others had been admitted to stanford and at least one person to harvard). The school basically refused to say that HYS was better and some answers even implied that MICH is better. E.g. "For clerkships/a career in academia, Mich is better than Harvard. Also Harvard kids are really hurting for jobs bc of their class size" "Stanford isn't as interdisciplinary as Mich, people are more competitive, and the quality of profs for rec letters is often inferior bc so many ppl commute."
Even if these statements are partial truths (why I mostly, but not entirely doubt), it was really offputting to hear faculty/admin bash other schools. Is this kinda stuff common? I haven't been to many ASDs, but at least BU was honest. "If you want a career in academia, this is not the place to come." At least my disappointment in Mich really narrows down my decision...

welkertexasranger
Posts: 19
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:07 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby welkertexasranger » Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:36 pm

There was plenty of Columbia bashing at NYU by students, professors and administrators, which was really too bad because otherwise I liked the school.

Oh, and DLS just now :shock: . Just need a ding from H now.

User avatar
hypothalamus
Posts: 745
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:11 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby hypothalamus » Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:37 pm

welkertexasranger wrote:There was plenty of Columbia bashing at NYU by students, professors and administrators, which was really too bad because otherwise I liked the school.

Oh, and DLS just now :shock: . Just need a ding from H now.


:(

When were you complete?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”