Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
onedavetoomany
Posts: 138
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:24 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby onedavetoomany » Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:50 pm

larsoner wrote:
onedavetoomany wrote:Just went DLS. It's has to be a reject given my numbers... Do Waitlists receive a phone call first?


Sorry to crush any hope but last year waitlists didn't come out until April. Could you let us know if you were a soft hold or a late submitter?


Submitted early January. I knew it was impossible to get in, but decided to just try the hail mary. lol

YesNoMaybe
Posts: 102
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:10 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby YesNoMaybe » Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:36 pm

.
Last edited by YesNoMaybe on Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Aqua
Posts: 88
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:58 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Aqua » Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:38 pm

I just got rejected from Penn, so I'm thinking I have no shot at Stanford. 165/3.8 AA female. So depressed about the rejection. I was going to send a LOCI into SLS but since my LOCI and "Why Penn" statement to Penn clearly didn't help me, I'm almost afraid to. Thoughts guys?

User avatar
Doorkeeper
Posts: 4872
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:25 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Doorkeeper » Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:40 pm

Aqua wrote:I just got rejected from Penn, so I'm thinking I have no shot at Stanford. 165/3.8 AA female. So depressed about the rejection. I was going to send a LOCI into SLS but since my LOCI and "Why Penn" statement to Penn clearly didn't help me, I'm almost afraid to. Thoughts guys?

You probably should only be sending a LOCI this late in the game if something new happens, like you get a new job, or win a big award. Just writing that you want to go to Stanford with decisions coming out in the next week or two probably won't do much.

Aqua
Posts: 88
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:58 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Aqua » Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:42 pm

Doorkeeper wrote:
Aqua wrote:I just got rejected from Penn, so I'm thinking I have no shot at Stanford. 165/3.8 AA female. So depressed about the rejection. I was going to send a LOCI into SLS but since my LOCI and "Why Penn" statement to Penn clearly didn't help me, I'm almost afraid to. Thoughts guys?

You probably should only be sending a LOCI this late in the game if something new happens, like you get a new job, or win a big award. Just writing that you want to go to Stanford with decisions coming out in the next week or two probably won't do much.

I did get a change in job responsibilities, but good point. I think I'm pretty much a hopeless case for SLS at it stands:(

User avatar
sailboat
Posts: 114
Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:43 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby sailboat » Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:26 pm

Doorkeeper wrote:
Aqua wrote:I just got rejected from Penn, so I'm thinking I have no shot at Stanford. 165/3.8 AA female. So depressed about the rejection. I was going to send a LOCI into SLS but since my LOCI and "Why Penn" statement to Penn clearly didn't help me, I'm almost afraid to. Thoughts guys?

You probably should only be sending a LOCI this late in the game if something new happens, like you get a new job, or win a big award. Just writing that you want to go to Stanford with decisions coming out in the next week or two probably won't do much.


I don't think it makes sense to talk about decisions coming out in the next week or two as if it's a foregone conclusion. There are a lot of reasons why the timeline for this cycle could be different (new LSAC application caused a lot of schools to start the process late, the big drop in LSAT-takers and presumably applications too, etc).

Aqua, if you do have new information, it might not be a bad idea to send a LOCI. Read over the last few pages and you'll see there's a legitimate debate as to whether general LOCIs (without a big new life change to report) are desirable. Dean Deal seems to have suggested both yes and no at various times. I would say that if you have something worth updating them about (and a new job, or change in duties, definitely fits in that category), it might be helpful.

As for your chances, you just never know. Especially when you're a late applicant, decisions are way less predictive (Penn may have rejected you in an attempt at yield protection, or because they desperately need high LSAT scorers if most of their admits are high-GPA, less-than-stellar LSAT, etc, etc). Stanford seems to love high GPAs more than high LSATs (in contrast to most schools), so you definitely have a good shot.

User avatar
larsoner
Posts: 143
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:33 am

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby larsoner » Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:26 pm

sailboat wrote:
I don't think it makes sense to talk about decisions coming out in the next week or two as if it's a foregone conclusion. There are a lot of reasons why the timeline for this cycle could be different (new LSAC application caused a lot of schools to start the process late, the big drop in LSAT-takers and presumably applications too, etc).


While I agree there are plenty of reasons to believe this cycle is different, Stanford's admitted students weekend is still coming up. If they want their later admits to come they need to get a move on.

User avatar
sharktankdean
Posts: 663
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:57 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby sharktankdean » Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:05 pm

Oh well another week goes by. Hopefully we get the serious movement next week. I mean it's the last week of March shit needs to go down.

User avatar
Chucky21
Posts: 294
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:36 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Chucky21 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:14 pm

Aqua wrote:
Doorkeeper wrote:
Aqua wrote:I just got rejected from Penn, so I'm thinking I have no shot at Stanford. 165/3.8 AA female. So depressed about the rejection. I was going to send a LOCI into SLS but since my LOCI and "Why Penn" statement to Penn clearly didn't help me, I'm almost afraid to. Thoughts guys?

You probably should only be sending a LOCI this late in the game if something new happens, like you get a new job, or win a big award. Just writing that you want to go to Stanford with decisions coming out in the next week or two probably won't do much.

I did get a change in job responsibilities, but good point. I think I'm pretty much a hopeless case for SLS at it stands:(


I also had a change in work experience and I opted to send in an updated resume which they added to my file. I figured that this late in the game it may not be worth it, also if I get waitlisted I can go into more detail about my new experience.

User avatar
crystalized
Posts: 26
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:23 am

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby crystalized » Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:50 am

sharktankdean wrote:Oh well another week goes by. Hopefully we get the serious movement next week. I mean it's the last week of March shit needs to go down.

+1

User avatar
Tom Joad
Posts: 4542
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:56 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Tom Joad » Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:12 am

Tough question. Which would you prefer:
To get a call from Dean Deal tomorrow or to switch lives with the Biebs?
--ImageRemoved--

tamereth
Posts: 178
Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:10 am

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby tamereth » Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:29 am

Tom Joad wrote:Tough question. Which would you prefer:
To get a call from Dean Deal tomorrow or to switch lives with the Biebs?
--ImageRemoved--

Without reading your question, all I see is "Girl reaching for phone to answer call from Dean Deal"

User avatar
Tom Joad
Posts: 4542
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:56 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Tom Joad » Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:35 am

lol true dat brotha/sista

redtiger
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:17 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby redtiger » Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:46 pm

I was wondering if anyone knows what total silence from Stanford means. Should it be taken as a rejection that they simply haven't mailed yet? My file is complete and the last status change was 10/10/2011. Do they hold their rejections for the end? (This is happening to me with Columbia as well, and I'm on hold at Harvard. More than five months of silence drives you crazy.)

ethicallawyer
Posts: 26
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:06 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby ethicallawyer » Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:54 pm

redtiger wrote:I was wondering if anyone knows what total silence from Stanford means. Should it be taken as a rejection that they simply haven't mailed yet? My file is complete and the last status change was 10/10/2011. Do they hold their rejections for the end? (This is happening to me with Columbia as well, and I'm on hold at Harvard. More than five months of silence drives you crazy.)


same boat with the same three schools... god i hope this is the week where the drama ends. i need some certainty about my future!

acappella
Posts: 39
Joined: Sun May 29, 2011 11:36 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby acappella » Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:06 pm

redtiger wrote:I was wondering if anyone knows what total silence from Stanford means. Should it be taken as a rejection that they simply haven't mailed yet? My file is complete and the last status change was 10/10/2011. Do they hold their rejections for the end? (This is happening to me with Columbia as well, and I'm on hold at Harvard. More than five months of silence drives you crazy.)


Silence since my app went complete on 10/21. Let's cry together

User avatar
amc987
Posts: 568
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:58 am

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby amc987 » Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:11 pm

ethicallawyer wrote:same boat with the same three schools... god i hope this is the week where the drama ends. i need some certainty about my future!


+1. I am also a late-Oct complete who has heard nothing since. I think Stanford has to release the bulk of its decisions in the next 2 weeks though, right? What would be the point of admitting a bunch of people much later than that if they couldn't even go to the ASW? So maybe this is the light at the end of the proverbial tunnel.

Fingers crossed for good news!!

User avatar
sharktankdean
Posts: 663
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:57 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby sharktankdean » Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:39 pm

amc987 wrote:
ethicallawyer wrote:same boat with the same three schools... god i hope this is the week where the drama ends. i need some certainty about my future!


+1. I am also a late-Oct complete who has heard nothing since. I think Stanford has to release the bulk of its decisions in the next 2 weeks though, right? What would be the point of admitting a bunch of people much later than that if they couldn't even go to the ASW? So maybe this is the light at the end of the proverbial tunnel.

Fingers crossed for good news!!


lets just hope we get the right decision. i really need to make my decision soon..

User avatar
Doorkeeper
Posts: 4872
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:25 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Doorkeeper » Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:37 am

This is a "Lets get this show on the road, Dean Deal" bump.

User avatar
Tom Joad
Posts: 4542
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:56 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Tom Joad » Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:49 am

Doorkeeper wrote:This is a "Lets get this show on the road, Dean Deal" bump.

Fingers crossed *this is the week*

User avatar
amc987
Posts: 568
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:58 am

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby amc987 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:16 am

Doorkeeper wrote:This is a "Lets get this show on the road, Dean Deal" bump.


You are so witty and observant, Doorkeeper. I realize I have made similar pronouncements before, namely in the Harvard thread lol.

jim-green
Posts: 808
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:55 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby jim-green » Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:06 am

.
Last edited by jim-green on Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
pupshaw
Posts: 504
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:08 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby pupshaw » Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:08 am

I see what you did there.

YesNoMaybe
Posts: 102
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:10 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby YesNoMaybe » Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:25 am

.
Last edited by YesNoMaybe on Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
pupshaw
Posts: 504
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:08 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby pupshaw » Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:27 am

Don't even get me started on the H thread.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: apricots, Aquinas, carlos_danger, dala77, Google [Bot], jdanz, jtn123, pandaaa, Pugnax, Yahoo [Bot] and 52 guests