Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
sharktankdean
Posts: 663
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:57 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby sharktankdean » Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:10 pm

Elendil wrote:
Geneva wrote:agree that last wave will probs be closer to early april, especially since this policy is explicitly stated on the sls status checker...


True: "...some applications are held until the committee has reviewed the entire applicant pool. This second review occurs in April, at which time the class will be filled."




I know April is around the corner...but it sure feels faaaaar away...there was a little wave at the end March (during Columbia's ASW lol...i think they do that intentionally...) hopefully this happens again.

User avatar
curiouscat
Posts: 315
Joined: Wed May 04, 2011 9:57 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby curiouscat » Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:12 pm

I agree that based on the graph, it makes sense that we haven't seen too many acceptances lately. What does surprise me is the lack of rejections. By this time last year, it seems like the bloodbath was well into a third round. We've seen a few scattered rejections this month, but it feels like more people are hanging on until a little later this cycle.

User avatar
Doorkeeper
Posts: 4872
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:25 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Doorkeeper » Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:13 pm

sharktankdean wrote:
Elendil wrote:
Geneva wrote:agree that last wave will probs be closer to early april, especially since this policy is explicitly stated on the sls status checker...


True: "...some applications are held until the committee has reviewed the entire applicant pool. This second review occurs in April, at which time the class will be filled."


I know April is around the corner...but it sure feels faaaaar away...there was a little wave at the end March (during Columbia's ASW lol...i think they do that intentionally...) hopefully this happens again.

Yea...I've been thinking how weird/funny it would be if I got the call from Dean Deal while listening to Dean Schill at Chicago Law next Friday.

(I pray it happens)

User avatar
hypothalamus
Posts: 745
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:11 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby hypothalamus » Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:17 pm

Just tried to check my SLS status ==>


We're sorry, but your request did not complete.

The Server Administrator has been notified.

Please continue on by either clicking the back button and retrying your request
or returning to the home page.

Maybe they're in the middle of updating decisions right now? :D

User avatar
Tom Joad
Posts: 4542
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:56 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Tom Joad » Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:19 pm

hypothalamus wrote:Just tried to check my SLS status ==>


We're sorry, but your request did not complete.

The Server Administrator has been notified.

Please continue on by either clicking the back button and retrying your request
or returning to the home page.

Maybe they're in the middle of updating decisions right now? :D

I saw that too and freaked out a little, but then it went back to normal when I tried it again.

User avatar
FryBreadPower
Posts: 908
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:46 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby FryBreadPower » Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:03 pm

Tom Joad wrote:
hypothalamus wrote:Just tried to check my SLS status ==>


We're sorry, but your request did not complete.

The Server Administrator has been notified.

Please continue on by either clicking the back button and retrying your request
or returning to the home page.

Maybe they're in the middle of updating decisions right now? :D

I saw that too and freaked out a little, but then it went back to normal when I tried it again.


Nothing different on my end.

User avatar
cylon_clone
Posts: 187
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:21 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby cylon_clone » Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:22 pm

it's saying that the "request did not complete" for me too. It was working earlier...I've tried two different browsers and still the same thing...hmm, I'm also thinking decision updates... :shock:

Geneva
Posts: 1014
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:32 am

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Geneva » Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:26 pm

cylon_clone wrote:it's saying that the "request did not complete" for me too. It was working earlier...I've tried two different browsers and still the same thing...hmm, I'm also thinking decision updates... :shock:


strange, i just logged in with no problem. still submitted to review on march ___.

User avatar
Tom Joad
Posts: 4542
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:56 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Tom Joad » Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:28 pm

Geneva wrote:
cylon_clone wrote:it's saying that the "request did not complete" for me too. It was working earlier...I've tried two different browsers and still the same thing...hmm, I'm also thinking decision updates... :shock:


strange, i just logged in with no problem. still submitted to review on march ___.

Mine did it for a few minutes then went back to normal so I have no idea.

User avatar
cylon_clone
Posts: 187
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:21 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby cylon_clone » Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:39 pm

Tom Joad wrote:
Geneva wrote:
cylon_clone wrote:it's saying that the "request did not complete" for me too. It was working earlier...I've tried two different browsers and still the same thing...hmm, I'm also thinking decision updates... :shock:


strange, i just logged in with no problem. still submitted to review on march ___.

Mine did it for a few minutes then went back to normal so I have no idea.


I'm driving to North Carolina tomorrow morning. So I'm hoping somewhere between West Virginia and...Virginia I get a good news phone call if not a positive status update... :cry: my heart hurts to think of the alternative.

User avatar
Tom Joad
Posts: 4542
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:56 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Tom Joad » Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:43 pm

cylon_clone wrote:
Tom Joad wrote:
Geneva wrote:
cylon_clone wrote:it's saying that the "request did not complete" for me too. It was working earlier...I've tried two different browsers and still the same thing...hmm, I'm also thinking decision updates... :shock:


strange, i just logged in with no problem. still submitted to review on march ___.

Mine did it for a few minutes then went back to normal so I have no idea.


I'm driving to North Carolina tomorrow morning. So I'm hoping somewhere between West Virginia and...Virginia I get a good news phone call if not a positive status update... :cry: my heart hurts to think of the alternative.

Yeah, multiple T14 acceptances is pretty terrible existence :lol:

User avatar
sharktankdean
Posts: 663
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:57 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby sharktankdean » Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:50 pm

honestly they could just be upgrading their system...it could mean anything.

User avatar
cylon_clone
Posts: 187
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:21 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby cylon_clone » Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:00 pm

Tom Joad wrote:Yeah, multiple T14 acceptances is pretty terrible existence :lol:

True, Hank Hill. But I'd equate it for having to settle for Jennifer Aniston when Angelina Jolie is your soul mate. (Male equivalent: settling for Ryan Reynolds when Ryan Gosling is your soul mate). Stanford is my Angelina Jolie or Ryan Gosling. *may be slightly melodramatic*

sharktankdean wrote:honestly they could just be upgrading their system...it could mean anything.

dude, mockingjay. this is TLS, we obsess about everything.

User avatar
Tom Joad
Posts: 4542
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:56 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Tom Joad » Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:07 pm

cylon_clone wrote:
Tom Joad wrote:Yeah, multiple T14 acceptances is pretty terrible existence :lol:

True, Hank Hill. But I'd equate it for having to settle for Jennifer Aniston when Angelina Jolie is your soul mate. (Male equivalent: settling for Ryan Reynolds when Ryan Gosling is your soul mate). Stanford is my Angelina Jolie or Ryan Gosling. *may be slightly melodramatic*

sharktankdean wrote:honestly they could just be upgrading their system...it could mean anything.

dude, mockingjay. this is TLS, we obsess about everything.

Aniston > Jolie

User avatar
hypothalamus
Posts: 745
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:11 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby hypothalamus » Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:08 pm

sharktankdean wrote:honestly they could just be upgrading their system...it could mean anything.


Oh, I know :D I just thought it might send some people in shock, and that would be fun to watch :D

User avatar
cylon_clone
Posts: 187
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:21 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby cylon_clone » Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:09 pm

Tom Joad wrote:
cylon_clone wrote:
Tom Joad wrote:Yeah, multiple T14 acceptances is pretty terrible existence :lol:

True, Hank Hill. But I'd equate it for having to settle for Jennifer Aniston when Angelina Jolie is your soul mate. (Male equivalent: settling for Ryan Reynolds when Ryan Gosling is your soul mate). Stanford is my Angelina Jolie or Ryan Gosling. *may be slightly melodramatic*

sharktankdean wrote:honestly they could just be upgrading their system...it could mean anything.

dude, mockingjay. this is TLS, we obsess about everything.

Aniston > Jolie


You must be a Harvard man. :lol:

User avatar
Elendil
Posts: 516
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:45 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Elendil » Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:23 pm

sharktankdean wrote:honestly they could just be upgrading their system...it could mean anything.


+1, I come from something of an IT background. I wouldn't look into this at all.

User avatar
yepyepyep
Posts: 232
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:36 am

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby yepyepyep » Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:07 am

I wonder, are they struggling with our applications every day? Wondering how they stack up against each other? "This person has this experience, but this person's scores are better...how does that go with the class?" Could this take three to six weeks of silence? Are they just waiting to get through all of them before giving out decisions? Why wouldn't they just waitlist the ones that they want to wait on for the yield? Have they waitlisted people yet? Do they already know my fate?

Am I just trying to cope with my stress by asking rhetorical questions?

User avatar
Doorkeeper
Posts: 4872
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:25 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Doorkeeper » Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:43 am

yepyepyep wrote:I wonder, are they struggling with our applications every day? Wondering how they stack up against each other? "This person has this experience, but this person's scores are better...how does that go with the class?" Could this take three to six weeks of silence? Are they just waiting to get through all of them before giving out decisions?

Think about it. Dean Deal is probably considering like...over 1,000 applicants for maybe 150-200 acceptances.

Also, Stanford releases its final decisions within a short period, so I'm sure they want to get through everything first before they start notifying people.

LeftCoast
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:39 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby LeftCoast » Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:58 am

movement

User avatar
pupshaw
Posts: 504
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:08 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby pupshaw » Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:59 am

LeftCoast wrote:movement


!!!

Are congratulations in order!?

splbagel
Posts: 380
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:53 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby splbagel » Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:00 pm

Someone got in today on LSN: http://lawschoolnumbers.com/jd5

LeftCoast
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:39 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby LeftCoast » Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:04 pm

cerealdan wrote:
LeftCoast wrote:movement


!!!

Are congratulations in order!?


Not for me, unfortunately

User avatar
sharktankdean
Posts: 663
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:57 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby sharktankdean » Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:07 pm

congrats Jd5...i think he is on tls...dean deal pls call the rest of us.

i didn't know dean deal made early morning call...like b4 9am hmm
Last edited by sharktankdean on Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Doorkeeper
Posts: 4872
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:25 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Doorkeeper » Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:11 pm

sharktankdean wrote:congrats Jd5...i think he is on tls...dean deal pls call the rest of us

Yea, he is...posting in the Yale thread.

So quickly do hearts move on...




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”