Yale c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
nametaken
Posts: 385
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:23 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby nametaken » Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:48 pm

arewehavingfunyet wrote:
JosephusMyer wrote:Do the letters go to your permanent address or current address?


I believe all Yale mail (acceptance, reject, etc.) goes to your current address.


lol, Yale mail

User avatar
Doorkeeper
Posts: 4872
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:25 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Doorkeeper » Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:50 pm

arewehavingfunyet wrote:
JosephusMyer wrote:Do the letters go to your permanent address or current address?


I believe all Yale mail (acceptance, reject, etc.) goes to your current address.


Nice stealth-edit. I was going to make a comment on it...

User avatar
Parmenides
Posts: 57
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:13 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Parmenides » Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:38 pm

Things that might be in my mailbox: Rejection from Yale, Rejection from Stanford, Rejection from Columbia, Acceptance from Columbia.
Things that are in my mailbox: Junk mail.
I guess I'm 75% percent happy about today's deliveries?

User avatar
kulshan
Posts: 413
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:59 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby kulshan » Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:45 pm

No letter today in CO.

User avatar
sailboat
Posts: 114
Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:43 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby sailboat » Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:46 pm

Parmenides wrote:Things that might be in my mailbox: Rejection from Yale, Rejection from Stanford, Rejection from Columbia, Acceptance from Columbia.
Things that are in my mailbox: Junk mail.
I guess I'm 75% percent happy about today's deliveries?


+1

Junk mail: yesterday's nuisance, today's relief...

User avatar
dingbat
Posts: 4976
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:12 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby dingbat » Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:03 pm

not surprisingly, I just got dinged

nametaken
Posts: 385
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:23 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby nametaken » Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:10 pm

Nothing in the mail today..

User avatar
sailboat
Posts: 114
Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:43 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby sailboat » Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:27 pm

Came home to a small envelope and a very cursory few sentences. In Brooklyn, postmarked 2/6.

Since I submitted in early December, I'm guessing I was probably an auto-ding? That hurts a little. But truly, it's nice that I won't have to choose between Harvard and Yale. As far as I'm concerned, I have no right to complain.

Best of luck to everyone else!

User avatar
seahawk32
Posts: 293
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:19 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby seahawk32 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:44 pm

sailboat wrote:Came home to a small envelope and a very cursory few sentences. In Brooklyn, postmarked 2/6.

Since I submitted in early December, I'm guessing I was probably an auto-ding? That hurts a little. But truly, it's nice that I won't have to choose between Harvard and Yale. As far as I'm concerned, I have no right to complain.

Best of luck to everyone else!


Stats?

User avatar
sgrimes
Posts: 78
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:25 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby sgrimes » Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:19 pm

Rejection in CO by mail today. Not a big surprise.....I'm way below their stats. I despise the thought of moving to New Haven so I'm not horribly upset, but rejection always stings. Good luck to everyone still waiting! :)

User avatar
sailboat
Posts: 114
Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:43 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby sailboat » Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:14 pm

seahawk32 wrote:
sailboat wrote:Came home to a small envelope and a very cursory few sentences. In Brooklyn, postmarked 2/6.

Since I submitted in early December, I'm guessing I was probably an auto-ding? That hurts a little. But truly, it's nice that I won't have to choose between Harvard and Yale. As far as I'm concerned, I have no right to complain.

Best of luck to everyone else!


Stats?


Median LSAT, below 25 GPA (from an Ivy).

User avatar
Doorkeeper
Posts: 4872
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:25 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Doorkeeper » Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:26 pm

.
Last edited by Doorkeeper on Tue May 08, 2012 4:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

vto35
Posts: 149
Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:14 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby vto35 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:24 pm

Dinged. boo.

PDXNative
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:53 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby PDXNative » Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:33 am

First Ding of the cycle :( 177/3.9, top-tier private.

User avatar
AmandaPB
Posts: 430
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:37 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby AmandaPB » Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:35 am

Jeez, sorry everyone. Really good numbers are getting rejected. That’s Yale for ya.

User avatar
sn20
Posts: 157
Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:36 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby sn20 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:02 am

Dinged today as well. Expected, but my feelings are still hurt. a;sdlkfja;sdlkfj

User avatar
thelawschoolproject
Posts: 1364
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:58 am

Re: Yale c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby thelawschoolproject » Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:03 am

When did those of you who were rejected apply?

User avatar
sgrimes
Posts: 78
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:25 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby sgrimes » Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:10 am

thelawschoolproject wrote:When did those of you who were rejected apply?


late October...complete 11/14

User avatar
crumpledq
Posts: 335
Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:28 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby crumpledq » Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:12 am

ding ding ding! Letter received in DC yesterday. Applied in mid-November. And with that, my cycle is done.

User avatar
JoeMo
Posts: 1518
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:29 am

Re: Yale c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby JoeMo » Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:01 am

crumpledq wrote:ding ding ding! Letter received in DC yesterday. Applied in mid-November. And with that, my cycle is done.


Sorry about the ding. Where are you going? I'm assuming NYU?

User avatar
crumpledq
Posts: 335
Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:28 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby crumpledq » Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:31 pm

JoeMo wrote:
crumpledq wrote:ding ding ding! Letter received in DC yesterday. Applied in mid-November. And with that, my cycle is done.


Sorry about the ding. Where are you going? I'm assuming NYU?


Thanks for the support! My decision is complicated by the fact that my spouse is going to stay in DC for his biglaw job, so we're trying to decide how cool we are with being long distance. I'd say I'm leaning NYU over GULC about 70/30, though.

User avatar
Byzantine
Posts: 276
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:02 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Byzantine » Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:37 pm

crumpledq wrote:
JoeMo wrote:
crumpledq wrote:ding ding ding! Letter received in DC yesterday. Applied in mid-November. And with that, my cycle is done.


Sorry about the ding. Where are you going? I'm assuming NYU?


Thanks for the support! My decision is complicated by the fact that my spouse is going to stay in DC for his biglaw job, so we're trying to decide how cool we are with being long distance. I'd say I'm leaning NYU over GULC about 70/30, though.


Have you considered UVA as a compromise school? It's close to DC.

User avatar
JoeMo
Posts: 1518
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:29 am

Re: Yale c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby JoeMo » Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:40 pm

Byzantine wrote:
crumpledq wrote:
JoeMo wrote:
crumpledq wrote:ding ding ding! Letter received in DC yesterday. Applied in mid-November. And with that, my cycle is done.


Sorry about the ding. Where are you going? I'm assuming NYU?


Thanks for the support! My decision is complicated by the fact that my spouse is going to stay in DC for his biglaw job, so we're trying to decide how cool we are with being long distance. I'd say I'm leaning NYU over GULC about 70/30, though.


Have you considered UVA as a compromise school? It's close to DC.


It's not that close. And I hear you completely, I have a similar predicament except we know we wouldn't be cool doing long distance for 3 years. We literally just got married. So if I were to get Penn or Berkeley then I would probably go there over Mich because those economies are at least better. That's my only quip with Michigan is their bad economy for our spouses to get jobs. Yale, of course, trumps everything but that's so much of a reach for me that it's highly unrealistic.

User avatar
crumpledq
Posts: 335
Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:28 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby crumpledq » Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:48 pm

Byzantine wrote:
crumpledq wrote:
JoeMo wrote:
crumpledq wrote:ding ding ding! Letter received in DC yesterday. Applied in mid-November. And with that, my cycle is done.


Sorry about the ding. Where are you going? I'm assuming NYU?


Thanks for the support! My decision is complicated by the fact that my spouse is going to stay in DC for his biglaw job, so we're trying to decide how cool we are with being long distance. I'd say I'm leaning NYU over GULC about 70/30, though.


Have you considered UVA as a compromise school? It's close to DC.


I have, but there are three things holding me back from UVA: (1) I want access to internships and professional networking opportunities that come from being in a major city, (2) even though UVA is geographically closer to DC, in practical terms it is much "farther" because there aren't frequent trains, buses, or flights between Charlottesville and DC (there are two trains a day at inconvenient times, whereas there are trains and buses every hour to DC out of Penn Station in NYC), and (3) the student culture at NYU seems to fit me much better than that of UVA.

It would be foolish to completely rule out a fantastic school like UVA before visiting, though, so I'm going to the ASW. But I'm not optimistic that it will change my mind.

PS - Good luck to everyone still waiting on that special call from the 203!

justinp
Posts: 211
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:33 am

Re: Yale c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby justinp » Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:53 pm

Quick query-- when do the big rounds of acceptance calls typically start? I've not received a ding yet, so I'm trying to figure out how long I'm going to have to wait to hear one way or the other.

Also, do they usually do multiple rounds of dings?

Thanks folks!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: fscow1022, GOODWORKSTE, guybourdin, JosefK, Long shot hero, lula43, nathjf and 20 guests