Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
franklyscarlet

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby franklyscarlet » Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:33 pm

hyakku wrote:
Campagnolo wrote:Perhaps I was too subtle with the enormous pictures of the school and fireworks, but me, too!

Ooooohooooooooooooooo campppppppp

Grats man. Can't even thought dick you, but you best keep convincing people to withdraw once I get WLed :lol:

I can :-D but congrats!!!!!! They acknowledged my LOCI today- hoping for the best.

woodscommaL

Postby woodscommaL » Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:35 pm

Still Complete. Congrats to everyone who got in today!

hyakku

Postby hyakku » Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:36 pm

franklyscarlet wrote:
hyakku wrote:
Campagnolo wrote:Perhaps I was too subtle with the enormous pictures of the school and fireworks, but me, too!

Grats man. Can't even thought dick you, but you best keep convincing people to withdraw once I get WLed :lol:

I can :-D but congrats!!!!!! They acknowledged my LOCI today- hoping for the best.

I think me, you, TL, jmj, and TS are the only plebes left in the cold after today's acceptances of those of us who have been living in this thread recently. You're right, I can thought dick -_-

I'm also wondering whether I should've disregarded the email I and where they told me to hold off on a LOCI, but at the same time I've gotten help from them before and they didn't steer me wrong so I guess I'll just wait until Friday.

justicefishy

Postby justicefishy » Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:39 pm

hyakku wrote:
franklyscarlet wrote:
hyakku wrote:

I think me, you, TL, jmj, and TS are the only plebes left in the cold after today's acceptances of those of us who have been living in this thread recently. You're right, I can thought dick -_-

I'm also wondering whether I should've disregarded the email I and where they told me to hold off on a LOCI, but at the same time I've gotten help from them before and they didn't steer me wrong so I guess I'll just wait until Friday.

I sent in an additional essay after I got that mysterious Dean Z email a month or so back. I'm still waiting to hear. :(

franklyscarlet

Postby franklyscarlet » Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:41 pm

hyakku wrote:
franklyscarlet wrote:
hyakku wrote:

I ended up writing one because my why mich was pretty general and I truly did need another one to show how interested I am.im hoping it helps!

Green Glass Windows

Postby Green Glass Windows » Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:47 pm

franklyscarlet wrote:
I ended up writing one because my why mich was pretty general and I truly did need another one to show how interested I am.im hoping it helps!

sigh. Wanna give me any tips on writing one? I think it's about time.

southernsuperstar

Postby southernsuperstar » Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:49 pm

Congrats Luxxe, you deserve it!!

Also, I'm still waiting too...I haven't been posting because I feel like Michigan is a far far away dream and I'm waiting for the WL.

We can do it!!!

franklyscarlet

Postby franklyscarlet » Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:50 pm

Green Glass Windows wrote:
franklyscarlet wrote:

I basically just poured out my lovey Dovey feelings for mich and how awesome they are for my specialty. Then I had several TLSers rip it apart and sew it back together as a coherent letter.

ETA: no word yet on whether it was worth it.

PledgeGarcia

Postby PledgeGarcia » Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:51 pm

Hey guys, long time lurker here...but I'm hoping to get some advice on whether or not to write an LOCI

I applied early January and my app just went complete a week ago or so. I am a reverse splitter and did not originally write a Why Michigan essay, but could likely write one that is pretty meaningful. Is it too soon to do this? Will writing an LOCI push my file to the back of the pile?

Also, I go to U of M right now....so if I write an LOCI, would it be preferable for me to physically drop off the letter? Or should I stick to snail mail?

I appreciate any and all advice!

Most of all, CONGRATULATIONS to all of you who have been accepted! Here's to joining you in the Law Quad next year!

Green Glass Windows

Postby Green Glass Windows » Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:52 pm

franklyscarlet wrote:
Green Glass Windows wrote:
franklyscarlet wrote:

I basically just poured out my lovey Dovey feelings for mich and how awesome they are for my specialty. Then I had several TLSers rip it apart and sew it back together as a coherent letter.

ETA: no word yet on whether it was worth it.

Yeah. Seeing as I did the additional essays but not the why mich one, I think it might help.

Postby 2014 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:56 pm

I want in worse every day.

imjustjoking22

Postby imjustjoking22 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:10 pm

PledgeGarcia wrote:Hey guys, long time lurker here...but I'm hoping to get some advice on whether or not to write an LOCI

I applied early January and my app just went complete a week ago or so. I am a reverse splitter and did not originally write a Why Michigan essay, but could likely write one that is pretty meaningful. Is it too soon to do this? Will writing an LOCI push my file to the back of the pile?

Also, I go to U of M right now....so if I write an LOCI, would it be preferable for me to physically drop off the letter? Or should I stick to snail mail?

Most of all, CONGRATULATIONS to all of you who have been accepted! Here's to joining you in the Law Quad next year!

I would go chat with admissions personally if I were you :)

FryBreadPower

Postby FryBreadPower » Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:12 pm

Again, why the hell do I even check anymore?

grtbooks91

Postby grtbooks91 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:15 pm

PledgeGarcia wrote:Hey guys, long time lurker here...but I'm hoping to get some advice on whether or not to write an LOCI

I would think it is way too early to think about doing this, but maybe that's just me. They likely haven't even taken a look at your file yet, much less slated it for any kind of decision.

I submitted in early November and didn't send an LOCI until mid-January, and I think that was probably still premature.

brogoc

Postby brogoc » Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:26 pm

Good day in this thread today. Congrats to the new admits. Pulling for the TL, JMJ, and the other regulars.

Imogene

Postby Imogene » Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:30 pm

grtbooks91 wrote:

I would think it is way too early to think about doing this, but maybe that's just me. They likely haven't even taken a look at your file yet, much less slated it for any kind of decision.

I submitted in early November and didn't send an LOCI until mid-January, and I think that was probably still premature.

I don't know about that. I applied in early January, and I was accepted yesterday. My numbers are definitely borderline. That kind of makes me think that they have probably looked at your file. If I was in your situation, I would just go visit them. They seem to like that kind of thing.

PledgeGarcia

Postby PledgeGarcia » Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:38 pm

Imogene wrote:
grtbooks91 wrote:

I don't know about that. I applied in early January, and I was accepted yesterday. My numbers are definitely borderline. That kind of makes me think that they have probably looked at your file. If I was in your situation, I would just go visit them. They seem to like that kind of thing.

Visit and say what? Have my "Why Mich" essay prepared in a speech form?

To be honest, I'm not even sure where the admissions office is within the law quad...

imjustjoking22

Postby imjustjoking22 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:56 pm

PledgeGarcia wrote:Visit and say what? Have my "Why Mich" essay prepared in a speech form?

To be honest, I'm not even sure where the admissions office is within the law quad...

Um, visit and talk to them? Ask them your LOCI questions, chat about UMich...don't go and give an awkward speech. Haha.

As for the location- google maps? C'mon now ;)

Excellent117

Postby Excellent117 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:56 pm

Decided that I should finally start making this thread my homepage. Still at Complete here.

Michigan, if you would just say yes, I would gladly move from my wonderful weather in California up to Ann Arbor, I promise! (The beach is overrated anyway)

Also, congrats to all the recent acceptances!

gatorapplicant

Postby gatorapplicant » Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:07 pm

woodscommaL wrote:Still Complete. Congrats to everyone who got in today!

+1

Campagnolo

Postby Campagnolo » Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:17 pm

I sent in additional information to them. Not sure what tipped the scales, mind you, but I did supplement.

(sorry, but I'm really excited still)

Imogene

Postby Imogene » Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:19 pm

imjustjoking22 wrote:
PledgeGarcia wrote:Visit and say what? Have my "Why Mich" essay prepared in a speech form?

Um, visit and talk to them? Ask them your LOCI questions, chat about UMich...don't go and give an awkward speech. Haha.

As for the location- google maps? C'mon now ;)

Totally agree with this! Just ask them anything you don't know. All you're trying to do is convince them that you have a genuine interest in Mich, which shouldn't be a hard sell considering that you are already there. If they say that a LOCI is a good idea, then I would consider sending one. If you do send a LOCI, I wouldn't call it that, I would just call it additional information. This is all totally at your discretion. Just do what feels right.

Green Glass Windows

Postby Green Glass Windows » Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:21 pm

How long are LOCIs normally? This LOCI is really just a Why Mich, so about 1 page?

charliep

Postby charliep » Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:25 pm

does sending my fafsa info count?

Cartman

Postby Cartman » Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:46 pm

Been complete since mid-November. 99.9% sure of a wait list at this point, having survived the first several rounds of rejections but still without an offer yet. Did get the email back in January. It's agonizing! Would very much like an acceptance.

Is it really beneficial to schedule a trip to Ann Arbor to show the add. com. how interested you truly are? Can anyone speak to this?

Edit: Congrats to all the recent acceptances, by the way! Hearing that some other students who applied early and thought a WL was coming got in gives me hope!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”