Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
luxxe
Posts: 830
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:12 am

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby luxxe » Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:37 pm

Geneva wrote:
JamMasterJ wrote:
Geneva wrote:Tempted to send a LOCI to Mich updating them on my recent activities. So far, I'm just chilling at complete. Would it be detrimental or helpful to send a letter at this point?

either helpful or neutral, IMO


To put in full context, I applied at the end of Jan. and just went complete about a week ago. Still helpful or neutral?


What could you have done in the last three weeks that warrants an update about it!? I understand you are feeding into our paranoia, but don't get dragged down by us. They know you are interested, they just got to your app a week ago.

Geneva
Posts: 1014
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:32 am

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Geneva » Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:47 pm

luxxe wrote:
Geneva wrote:
JamMasterJ wrote:
Geneva wrote:Tempted to send a LOCI to Mich updating them on my recent activities. So far, I'm just chilling at complete. Would it be detrimental or helpful to send a letter at this point?

either helpful or neutral, IMO


To put in full context, I applied at the end of Jan. and just went complete about a week ago. Still helpful or neutral?


What could you have done in the last three weeks that warrants an update about it!? I understand you are feeding into our paranoia, but don't get dragged down by us. They know you are interested, they just got to your app a week ago.


Haha, excellent point. In the last 3 weeks I applied to other schools that asked more specific questions that required me to elaborate on activities. At that point, I realized that my explanations would have been an asset to my original application. It's not new info per se, but it links items on my resume to the contributions I could make at Mich. I have lots of unexplained info crammed into that one page resume...

User avatar
eaper
Posts: 663
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:31 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby eaper » Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:50 pm

Geneva wrote:
JamMasterJ wrote:
Geneva wrote:Tempted to send a LOCI to Mich updating them on my recent activities. So far, I'm just chilling at complete. Would it be detrimental or helpful to send a letter at this point?

either helpful or neutral, IMO


To put in full context, I applied at the end of Jan. and just went complete about a week ago. Still helpful or neutral?


I applied Jan 20th and I still don't have a tracker=\

User avatar
brogoc
Posts: 81
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:54 am

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby brogoc » Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:27 pm

I applied Jan 20th and I still don't have a tracker=\[/quote]

Normal. You should expect a wait of just over a month. Probably your tracker will arrive next week.

Geneva
Posts: 1014
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:32 am

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Geneva » Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:34 pm

brogoc wrote:I applied Jan 20th and I still don't have a tracker=\


Normal. You should expect a wait of just over a month. Probably your tracker will arrive next week.[/quote]

Normal time between going complete and decision rendered?

imjustjoking22
Posts: 461
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:46 am

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby imjustjoking22 » Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:41 pm

Geneva wrote:
brogoc wrote:I applied Jan 20th and I still don't have a tracker=\


Normal. You should expect a wait of just over a month. Probably your tracker will arrive next week.


Complete-> decision time is different for everyone.

Eta: excuse my confusion, I am on my phone and was bouncing back between the two threads. By the "other" thread, I meant this one. My apologies.
Last edited by imjustjoking22 on Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Geneva
Posts: 1014
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:32 am

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Geneva » Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:34 pm

imjustjoking22 wrote:
Geneva wrote:
brogoc wrote:I applied Jan 20th and I still don't have a tracker=\


Normal. You should expect a wait of just over a month. Probably your tracker will arrive next week.


Normal time between going complete and decision rendered?

These questions have all been answered, and the other thread is the better place for them :) It doesn't look like they directed you here...looks like they gave the same answers we're giving.

Complete-> decision time is different for everyone.[/quote]

RE: LOCI I was directed here, the other question was admittedly inappropriate.
I do think it makes more sense to ask people that actually got in about how much additional info to send.

imjustjoking22
Posts: 461
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:46 am

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby imjustjoking22 » Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:39 pm

Geneva wrote:
RE: LOCI I was directed here, the other question was admittedly inappropriate.
I do think it makes more sense to ask people that

actually got in about how much additional info to send.


There are plenty of people who are in who stop by in this thread too, and it's more appropriate to ask the questions here (or read back to find out what the response has been to the same questions asked by others). The "class of 2015" thread is just not the right place for those questions.

TMC116
Posts: 287
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:08 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby TMC116 » Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:50 pm

Geneva wrote:
imjustjoking22 wrote:
Geneva wrote:
brogoc wrote:I applied Jan 20th and I still don't have a tracker=\


Normal. You should expect a wait of just over a month. Probably your tracker will arrive next week.


Normal time between going complete and decision rendered?

These questions have all been answered, and the other thread is the better place for them :) It doesn't look like they directed you here...looks like they gave the same answers we're giving.

Complete-> decision time is different for everyone.


RE: LOCI I was directed here, the other question was admittedly inappropriate.
I do think it makes more sense to ask people that actually got in about how much additional info to send.[/quote]

I got in a few months ago.

Don't send in a LOCI until you are waitlisted. Lots of people have waited for 2 or 3 months. Your #s are good for UM and I'm sure you'll hear in 3 or 4 weeks. Just relax

User avatar
JamMasterJ
Posts: 6688
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:17 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby JamMasterJ » Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:58 am

I wish Dean Z cared more about sports (or maybe that was just football), because I feel like Mich beating OSU in basketball tonight should put the adcomm in the mood to let some people in

User avatar
Green Glass Windows
Posts: 743
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:37 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Green Glass Windows » Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:32 am

JamMasterJ wrote:I wish Dean Z cared more about sports (or maybe that was just football), because I feel like Mich beating OSU in basketball tonight should put the adcomm in the mood to let some people in

:|

lightswitch
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:31 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby lightswitch » Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:16 pm

Don't know if this is just me, but my status checker's stuck on 2/18. Do they update on Sunday? I can't remember.

User avatar
calverna
Posts: 47
Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:15 am

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby calverna » Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:17 pm

lightswitch wrote:Don't know if this is just me, but my status checker's stuck on 2/18. Do they update on Sunday? I can't remember.


Nope, they don't - hence us being stuck on 18.

User avatar
emkay625
Posts: 1835
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:31 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby emkay625 » Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:25 pm

lightswitch wrote:Don't know if this is just me, but my status checker's stuck on 2/18. Do they update on Sunday? I can't remember.


I had this same thought. got real excited. : )

User avatar
Blumpbeef
Posts: 3814
Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:17 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Blumpbeef » Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:27 pm

Is the status checker the first place you hear of an acceptance?

User avatar
thelawschoolproject
Posts: 1364
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:58 am

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby thelawschoolproject » Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:32 pm

Blumpbeef wrote:Is the status checker the first place you hear of an acceptance?



It was for me.

lightswitch
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:31 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby lightswitch » Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:34 pm

Here's to hoping for some good news tomorrow then.

User avatar
Green Glass Windows
Posts: 743
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:37 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Green Glass Windows » Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:36 pm

lightswitch wrote:Here's to hoping for some good news tomorrow then.

That would be great, but I've gotten to the point where I don't think it will ever move...

User avatar
FryBreadPower
Posts: 908
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:46 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby FryBreadPower » Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:39 pm

Green Glass Windows wrote:
lightswitch wrote:Here's to hoping for some good news tomorrow then.

That would be great, but I've gotten to the point where I don't think it will ever move...


I don't even check anymore. I just come here.

User avatar
oaken
Posts: 339
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:27 am

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby oaken » Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:43 pm

lightswitch wrote:Here's to hoping for some good news tomorrow then.


So we're expecting a lot of news tomorrow, then?

User avatar
thelawschoolproject
Posts: 1364
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:58 am

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby thelawschoolproject » Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:44 pm

FryBreadPower wrote:
Green Glass Windows wrote:
lightswitch wrote:Here's to hoping for some good news tomorrow then.

That would be great, but I've gotten to the point where I don't think it will ever move...


I don't even check anymore. I just come here.



:) This is what I did. Back in December, I saw that people had received a strange Christmas message in their status checker, so then I went to check mine and was pleasantly surprised.

User avatar
MyPrecious
Posts: 28
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:11 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby MyPrecious » Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:41 pm

thelawschoolproject wrote:
Blumpbeef wrote:Is the status checker the first place you hear of an acceptance?



It was for me.



me too.

User avatar
2014
Posts: 5831
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:53 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby 2014 » Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:53 pm

I applied like January 3rd and have had the status checker for a week now, hoping for a decision soon :)

I'm trying not to get too optimistic but LSN has a bit of green around me so I can't help but be a bit!

User avatar
Onthebrink
Posts: 118
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:45 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Onthebrink » Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:01 pm

MyPrecious wrote:
thelawschoolproject wrote:
Blumpbeef wrote:Is the status checker the first place you hear of an acceptance?



It was for me.



me too.


three

User avatar
Blumpbeef
Posts: 3814
Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:17 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Blumpbeef » Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:32 pm

Oh good. So now I'll check it obsessively.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: amberb94, hweigel, Kk11 and 17 guests