Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Green Glass Windows
Posts: 743
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:37 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Green Glass Windows » Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:20 am

still at February 16th. Anyone else?

User avatar
ScrabbleChamp
Posts: 963
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:09 am

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby ScrabbleChamp » Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:22 am

Green Glass Windows wrote:still at February 16th. Anyone else?


Probably too early?

User avatar
Green Glass Windows
Posts: 743
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:37 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Green Glass Windows » Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:58 am

ScrabbleChamp wrote:
Green Glass Windows wrote:still at February 16th. Anyone else?


Probably too early?

yeaaahhhh

justicefishy
Posts: 497
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:02 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby justicefishy » Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:00 am

Green Glass Windows wrote:
ScrabbleChamp wrote:
Green Glass Windows wrote:still at February 16th. Anyone else?


Probably too early?

yeaaahhhh


Maybe. Maybe. :D (also at February 16th here too)

User avatar
ScrabbleChamp
Posts: 963
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:09 am

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby ScrabbleChamp » Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:17 am

justicefishy wrote:
Green Glass Windows wrote:
ScrabbleChamp wrote:
Green Glass Windows wrote:still at February 16th. Anyone else?


Probably too early?

yeaaahhhh


Maybe. Maybe. :D (also at February 16th here too)


Check again. I just checked my buddy's and he's at complete, Feb 17.

justicefishy
Posts: 497
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:02 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby justicefishy » Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:38 am

ScrabbleChamp wrote:
justicefishy wrote:
Maybe. Maybe. :D (also at February 16th here too)


Check again. I just checked my buddy's and he's at complete, Feb 17.


Still at 2/16 complete here. Not changing! I'm going to hear back today! I hope! :D

gatorapplicant
Posts: 137
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:49 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby gatorapplicant » Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:41 am

justicefishy wrote:
ScrabbleChamp wrote:
justicefishy wrote:
Maybe. Maybe. :D (also at February 16th here too)


Check again. I just checked my buddy's and he's at complete, Feb 17.


Still at 2/16 complete here. Not changing! I'm going to hear back today! I hope! :D


i updated to 2/17...

User avatar
ScrabbleChamp
Posts: 963
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:09 am

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby ScrabbleChamp » Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:42 am

justicefishy wrote:
ScrabbleChamp wrote:
justicefishy wrote:
Maybe. Maybe. :D (also at February 16th here too)


Check again. I just checked my buddy's and he's at complete, Feb 17.


Still at 2/16 complete here. Not changing! I'm going to hear back today! I hope! :D


Very interesting... Keep me updated! I really want to know what this means.

Check ASW and see if you have access.

User avatar
DaftAndDirect
Posts: 381
Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:28 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby DaftAndDirect » Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:43 am

justicefishy wrote:
ScrabbleChamp wrote:
justicefishy wrote:
Maybe. Maybe. :D (also at February 16th here too)


Check again. I just checked my buddy's and he's at complete, Feb 17.


Still at 2/16 complete here. Not changing! I'm going to hear back today! I hope! :D


good luck bro

User avatar
Green Glass Windows
Posts: 743
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:37 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Green Glass Windows » Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:45 am

Uhhhhg I changed to 2/17. I got all worked up and everything! :cry:

charliep
Posts: 225
Joined: Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:36 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby charliep » Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:59 am

2/17

EvelynS
Posts: 235
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:31 am

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby EvelynS » Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:29 am

2/17

Is it updated only once a day?

justicefishy
Posts: 497
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:02 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby justicefishy » Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:42 am

Ahhh, now it updated. :<

User avatar
JamMasterJ
Posts: 6688
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:17 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby JamMasterJ » Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:49 am

2/17

User avatar
thelong
Posts: 992
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:55 am

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby thelong » Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:55 am

Jam knows what's up.

User avatar
franklyscarlet
Posts: 2915
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:16 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby franklyscarlet » Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:58 am

thelong wrote:Jam knows what's up.

User avatar
franklyscarlet
Posts: 2915
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:16 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby franklyscarlet » Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:51 am

Ok, I have my spirit back and am writing a LOCI. Trying to get it out before they reject me. Would it be weird to focus really heavily on a certain clinic, if I didn't mention it in my original why mich but it relates really closely to my area of interest?

User avatar
UnamSanctam
Posts: 7167
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:17 am

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby UnamSanctam » Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:59 am

franklyscarlet wrote:Ok, I have my spirit back and am writing a LOCI. Trying to get it out before they reject me. Would it be weird to focus really heavily on a certain clinic, if I didn't mention it in my original why mich but it relates really closely to my area of interest?


Nope. Mention it.

User avatar
franklyscarlet
Posts: 2915
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:16 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby franklyscarlet » Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:06 pm

UnamSanctam wrote:
franklyscarlet wrote:Ok, I have my spirit back and am writing a LOCI. Trying to get it out before they reject me. Would it be weird to focus really heavily on a certain clinic, if I didn't mention it in my original why mich but it relates really closely to my area of interest?


Nope. Mention it.


You. Help me?

ETA: crap. All this research makes me really want to get in, because Michigan is ballin for health law. Which will make my inevitable ding sting even more.

User avatar
emkay625
Posts: 1835
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:31 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby emkay625 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:20 pm

So call me crazy but I think I would love another one of those e-mails from Dean Z right now. At least it was something.

User avatar
Campagnolo
Posts: 906
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:49 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Campagnolo » Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:03 pm

I'm not even going to check my status today.

Image
(Okay, I lied: I already checked and am still Complete)

User avatar
mr_unemployed
Posts: 86
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:13 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby mr_unemployed » Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:08 pm

Campagnolo wrote:I'm not even going to check my status today.

(Okay, I lied: I already checked and am still Complete)


I've decided not to check my status until someone else on this thread hears news. There's just no point.

User avatar
Mr. Somebody
Posts: 867
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:42 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Mr. Somebody » Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:12 pm

mr_unemployed wrote:
Campagnolo wrote:I'm not even going to check my status today.

(Okay, I lied: I already checked and am still Complete)


I've decided not to check my status until someone else on this thread hears news. There's just no point.


Yep, only two people accepted on LSN in the past week. Last person to get in who submitted before December was accepted on 2/3. I'm afraid time's running out for us folks.

User avatar
ScrabbleChamp
Posts: 963
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:09 am

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby ScrabbleChamp » Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:13 pm

franklyscarlet wrote:
UnamSanctam wrote:
franklyscarlet wrote:Ok, I have my spirit back and am writing a LOCI. Trying to get it out before they reject me. Would it be weird to focus really heavily on a certain clinic, if I didn't mention it in my original why mich but it relates really closely to my area of interest?


Nope. Mention it.


You. Help me?

ETA: crap. All this research makes me really want to get in, because Michigan is ballin for health law. Which will make my inevitable ding sting even more.


I can't remember if I read it on her blog or in one of the many interviews she has given that are available online, but she did touch on this topic. IIRC, she basically said it's great to have someone mention a specific program or clinic in an LOCI, but just make sure it comes off as genuine and not stolen from the website. IMHO, write it up, and then submit it to a few folks and have them read it/compare it to what is on the website to ensure it doesn't sound too "stolen". Hope this helps and good luck!

charliep
Posts: 225
Joined: Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:36 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby charliep » Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:17 pm

emkay625 wrote:So call me crazy but I think I would love another one of those e-mails from Dean Z right now. At least it was something.


+1




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”