Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Campagnolo
Posts: 906
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:49 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Campagnolo » Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:45 pm

luxxe wrote:
charliep wrote:a t13


No.


Okay, so I've never really understood the T14 / T13 thing. The T14 line exists because none of the 14 schools have even been ranked outside the 14 spot. Texas may be tied for 14, but it is not a T14, because it has been ranked lower. Looking through, the only other such line is #1: it's never been a school other than Yale. All the other "lines" have had schools move in and out.

That said, I thought about this like it was a logic game, and now I feel queazy. Great.

Image
Scarlet: You want to go to there!

User avatar
calverna
Posts: 47
Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:15 am

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby calverna » Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:53 pm

gatorapplicant wrote:
Green Glass Windows wrote:
captainwasabi09 wrote:So I was accepted by Status Checker today. And they said they would mail me the packet. Packet got here same day. Advantages of living in Ann Arbor hehe

Maybe you can confirm this then. Does the status checker definitively only update once a day? I think the assumption is that it does, but do we have proof of this? Any chance you checked this morning and you were still complete?

Oh and congrats, dude. That's a good valentine's day present if I've ever heard one.


i've been wondering this as well


Can anyone answer this? This has been driving me nuts.

User avatar
JamMasterJ
Posts: 6688
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:17 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby JamMasterJ » Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:01 pm

luxxe wrote:THERE IS A HOT TUB.

AND A STEAM ROOM.

AND DC. <3

Sorry, Michigan, I am going to get excited about schools that actually accepted me while we continue to do this dance.

Same her. Oh wait, never mind

Elric
Posts: 115
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:27 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Elric » Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:07 pm

calverna wrote:
gatorapplicant wrote:
Green Glass Windows wrote:
captainwasabi09 wrote:So I was accepted by Status Checker today. And they said they would mail me the packet. Packet got here same day. Advantages of living in Ann Arbor hehe

Maybe you can confirm this then. Does the status checker definitively only update once a day? I think the assumption is that it does, but do we have proof of this? Any chance you checked this morning and you were still complete?

Oh and congrats, dude. That's a good valentine's day present if I've ever heard one.


i've been wondering this as well


Can anyone answer this? This has been driving me nuts.


I don't know if this helps, but I checked my status Sunday night and it only said "complete." I got my acceptance packet in the mail on Monday, and the letter was dated Feb. 10th. After that I checked status checker and it had updated to a really awesome welcome note :)

User avatar
Campagnolo
Posts: 906
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:49 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Campagnolo » Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:24 pm

JamMasterJ wrote:
luxxe wrote:THERE IS A HOT TUB.

AND A STEAM ROOM.

AND DC. <3

Sorry, Michigan, I am going to get excited about schools that actually accepted me while we continue to do this dance.

Same her. Oh wait, never mind


I just, I don't know. Beer? It's an answer, if not, perhaps, the answer.

Image
Last edited by Campagnolo on Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
JamMasterJ
Posts: 6688
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:17 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby JamMasterJ » Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:26 pm

Elric wrote:
calverna wrote:
gatorapplicant wrote:
i've been wondering this as well


Can anyone answer this? This has been driving me nuts.


I don't know if this helps, but I checked my status Sunday night and it only said "complete." I got my acceptance packet in the mail on Monday, and the letter was dated Feb. 10th. After that I checked status checker and it had updated to a really awesome welcome note :)

Maybe they decided to try to beat the status checker with the acceptance letters. I think I remember Dean Z mentioning that she liked being able to inform ppl of acceptance via letter.

User avatar
JoeMo
Posts: 1518
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:29 am

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby JoeMo » Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:06 pm

I'm already pretty "out" as far as TLS is concerned but there's been mention of a Boston Area Brunch for admitted students. Here's the FB link.

http://www.facebook.com/events/297340463652761/

(sorry for posting this on every MIchigan thread but didn't want it to get lost)

User avatar
Campagnolo
Posts: 906
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:49 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Campagnolo » Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:20 am

Complete <yawns>

Image

charliep
Posts: 225
Joined: Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:36 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby charliep » Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:27 am

Campagnolo wrote:
luxxe wrote:
charliep wrote:a t13


No.


Okay, so I've never really understood the T14 / T13 thing. The T14 line exists because none of the 14 schools have even been ranked outside the 14 spot. Texas may be tied for 14, but it is not a T14, because it has been ranked lower. Looking through, the only other such line is #1: it's never been a school other than Yale. All the other "lines" have had schools move in and out.

That said, I thought about this like it was a logic game, and now I feel queazy. Great.

Image
Scarlet: You want to go to there!


i said 13 because i was accepted at 14. if you said "no" because of the typo, then carry on

in hindsight, i see i'm the only one who couldve interpreted it that way. sorry, it was not my intention to offend any GULCers or UTopians
Last edited by charliep on Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Green Glass Windows
Posts: 743
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:37 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Green Glass Windows » Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:37 am

Well, we made it to February 15th. Lovely.

User avatar
Campagnolo
Posts: 906
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:49 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Campagnolo » Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:46 am

Green Glass Windows wrote:Well, we made it to February 15th. Lovely.


They must need more time to find our files. They must be lost. Must be.

Image

If they never find our application files, this would be awesome. Just saying.
Image

MikeTheWilliams
Posts: 95
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:54 am

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby MikeTheWilliams » Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:23 am

Campagnolo wrote:
Wonk wrote:
Campagnolo wrote:My plan is working! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Your plan is definitely working, every time you post an NYU photo I get closer and closer to withdrawing before I even hear anything from Michigan.


Without further ado:

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

I love sedition. It's the best!


You can see my office window in the second picture. And yet they still won't admit me!

User avatar
Green Glass Windows
Posts: 743
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:37 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Green Glass Windows » Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:27 am

I'm sensing some backlash here. :wink:

So since the deadline is today, I should be getting my shiny rejection... tomorrow? :lol:

justicefishy
Posts: 497
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:02 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby justicefishy » Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:39 am

Green Glass Windows wrote:I'm sensing some backlash here. :wink:

So since the deadline is today, I should be getting my shiny rejection... tomorrow? :lol:


I should get working on a ding bar post :D (though I had a great one lined up for Penn...then I got in :3)

User avatar
Green Glass Windows
Posts: 743
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:37 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Green Glass Windows » Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:48 am

justicefishy wrote:
Green Glass Windows wrote:I'm sensing some backlash here. :wink:

So since the deadline is today, I should be getting my shiny rejection... tomorrow? :lol:


I should get working on a ding bar post :D (though I had a great one lined up for Penn...then I got in :3)

Ah, bummer? :lol:
Last edited by Green Glass Windows on Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
fingerscrossedxx
Posts: 733
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:56 am

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby fingerscrossedxx » Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:54 am

Campagnolo wrote:
Green Glass Windows wrote:Well, we made it to February 15th. Lovely.


They must need more time to find our files. They must be lost. Must be.



If they never find our application files, this would be awesome. Just saying.
Image


Haha, Campy i LOVE your dedication. Your plan is even working. Shocking!

User avatar
JamMasterJ
Posts: 6688
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:17 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby JamMasterJ » Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:59 am

erggggg

User avatar
thelong
Posts: 992
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:55 am

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby thelong » Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:01 pm

JamMasterJ wrote:erggggg

User avatar
fingerscrossedxx
Posts: 733
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:56 am

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby fingerscrossedxx » Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:14 pm

thelong wrote:
JamMasterJ wrote:erggggg

justicefishy
Posts: 497
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:02 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby justicefishy » Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:17 pm

fingerscrossedxx wrote:
thelong wrote:
JamMasterJ wrote:erggggg

User avatar
calverna
Posts: 47
Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:15 am

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby calverna » Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:19 pm

The Complete, it mocks me.

User avatar
CattyPake
Posts: 96
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:52 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby CattyPake » Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:24 pm

Complete as well. Gah I really want to go to Michigan but I just can't do the waitlist (SO and I are angling for the same grad/law school)

User avatar
luxxe
Posts: 830
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:12 am

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby luxxe » Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:27 pm

justicefishy wrote:
fingerscrossedxx wrote:
thelong wrote:
JamMasterJ wrote:erggggg

User avatar
captainwasabi09
Posts: 161
Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:18 am

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby captainwasabi09 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:43 pm

gatorapplicant wrote:
Green Glass Windows wrote:
captainwasabi09 wrote:So I was accepted by Status Checker today. And they said they would mail me the packet. Packet got here same day. Advantages of living in Ann Arbor hehe

Maybe you can confirm this then. Does the status checker definitively only update once a day? I think the assumption is that it does, but do we have proof of this? Any chance you checked this morning and you were still complete?

Oh and congrats, dude. That's a good valentine's day present if I've ever heard one.


i've been wondering this as well


No, I checked my status checker at around 11:30 am yesterday and it said I had been accepted. But the day before it said I was complete. Hope this helps.

User avatar
foxylaxy
Posts: 165
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:06 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby foxylaxy » Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:17 pm

Helping Campy in his quest:

Image
I have an unhealthy compulsion to follow squirrels.
Then, I found this dude in the NYU law courtyard. I took maybe 3 photos of the library and 3 of this dude.
So if you're into black squirrels, maybe you can capture this one for a pet.

ALSO! There is a CHICK FIL A walkable from NU. and on the way there's ghirardelli AND the best soup in the city, soupbox.
*all southerners flock to NU*




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”