Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
JustE
Posts: 1330
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:49 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby JustE » Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:07 pm

Mr. Somebody wrote:Not to be alarmist but the fact that Poptorts hasnt gotten in ANYWHERE in the T14 may mean that there's something about his app holding schools back, not necessarily YP.... I'm just speculating though.


I was thinking the same thing... Did you get a look at your recs by any chance?

User avatar
franklyscarlet
Posts: 2915
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:16 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby franklyscarlet » Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:07 pm

Campagnolo wrote:
woodscommaL wrote:Never been so happy to see the word 'Complete'. My heart is still pounding.

Sorry to all of you that got dinged. :(


I checked this morning when I got up, then again now that I'm at work. Can't be too sure.

Sorry to those dinged. I really can't figure out what's happening this year. I can't.


+1. Checked again. Absolutely don't believe that I'm still hanging in there. End is nigh.

User avatar
Smumps
Posts: 332
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:37 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Smumps » Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:10 pm

Complete. Whew.

User avatar
FryBreadPower
Posts: 908
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:46 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby FryBreadPower » Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:11 pm

Smumps wrote:Complete. Whew.

User avatar
CattyPake
Posts: 96
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:52 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby CattyPake » Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:12 pm

Complete still.

User avatar
woodscommaL
Posts: 239
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:14 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby woodscommaL » Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:13 pm

JustE wrote:
Mr. Somebody wrote:Not to be alarmist but the fact that Poptorts hasnt gotten in ANYWHERE in the T14 may mean that there's something about his app holding schools back, not necessarily YP.... I'm just speculating though.


I was thinking the same thing... Did you get a look at your recs by any chance?


Maybe his app is so impressive that the lower T14 thinks he may have a shot at Yale. Yale doesn't release any decisions until like April, right? And quite a few of his apps are still pending, so I think it's too early to speculate.

User avatar
Green Glass Windows
Posts: 743
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:37 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Green Glass Windows » Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:14 pm

I seriously can't believe I'm still hanging in there. Especially after some of these rejections today :shock:

Sorry guys. I can't understand it.

User avatar
Mr. Somebody
Posts: 867
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:42 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Mr. Somebody » Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:15 pm

woodscommaL wrote:
JustE wrote:
Mr. Somebody wrote:Not to be alarmist but the fact that Poptorts hasnt gotten in ANYWHERE in the T14 may mean that there's something about his app holding schools back, not necessarily YP.... I'm just speculating though.


I was thinking the same thing... Did you get a look at your recs by any chance?


Maybe his app is so impressive that the lower T14 thinks he may have a shot at Yale. Yale doesn't release any decisions until like April, right? And quite a few of his apps are still pending, so I think it's too early to speculate.


While YP does happen I just think it's really unlikely to get YPed by EVERY school. Some schools will still try to pry you away with big scholly offers. And if submitted back in November, he should have heard from somewhere by now.

You could be right though, he has YLS numbers.

User avatar
luxxe
Posts: 830
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:12 am

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby luxxe » Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:16 pm

Mr. Somebody wrote:
woodscommaL wrote:
JustE wrote:
Mr. Somebody wrote:Not to be alarmist but the fact that Poptorts hasnt gotten in ANYWHERE in the T14 may mean that there's something about his app holding schools back, not necessarily YP.... I'm just speculating though.


I was thinking the same thing... Did you get a look at your recs by any chance?


Maybe his app is so impressive that the lower T14 thinks he may have a shot at Yale. Yale doesn't release any decisions until like April, right? And quite a few of his apps are still pending, so I think it's too early to speculate.


While YP does happen I just think it's really unlikely to get YPed by EVERY school. Some schools will still try to pry you away with big scholly offers. And if submitted back in November, he should have heard from somewhere by now.

You could be right though, he has YLS numbers.


Also very unlikely to get YP'd with a rejection rather than a waitlist.

User avatar
xwing_redleader
Posts: 108
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:22 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby xwing_redleader » Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:19 pm

EDIT: Killingly is right.

Seriously though, Poptorts, we're hoping it'll all pay off for you.
Last edited by xwing_redleader on Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Killingly
Posts: 1179
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:17 am

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Killingly » Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:21 pm

You know, seeing people speculate that something in his app is negatively effecting his cycle probably isn't helping.

User avatar
woodscommaL
Posts: 239
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:14 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby woodscommaL » Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:24 pm

Killingly wrote:You know, seeing people speculate that something in his app is negatively effecting his cycle probably isn't helping.


+1

User avatar
ColtsFan88
Posts: 1432
Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:05 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby ColtsFan88 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:25 pm

Killingly wrote:You know, seeing people speculate that something in his app is negatively effecting his cycle probably isn't helping.


Fucking dot.

Seriously, rampant negative SPECULATION helps no one.

User avatar
woodscommaL
Posts: 239
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:14 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby woodscommaL » Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:26 pm

Already looked at my status checker 4 times today and it's not even noon...it's going to be a long day.

User avatar
ColtsFan88
Posts: 1432
Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:05 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby ColtsFan88 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:26 pm

woodscommaL wrote:Already looked at my status checker 4 times today and it's not even noon...it's going to be a long day.


Me too! Are all decision made in the morning or could one of us have ours change this late in the day?

User avatar
Tiago Splitter
Posts: 15515
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:20 am

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Tiago Splitter » Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:27 pm

woodscommaL wrote:Already looked at my status checker 4 times today and it's not even noon...it's going to be a long day.


If it says complete as of February 6th then it won't update again today.

User avatar
ColtsFan88
Posts: 1432
Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:05 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby ColtsFan88 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:28 pm

Tiago Splitter wrote:
woodscommaL wrote:Already looked at my status checker 4 times today and it's not even noon...it's going to be a long day.


If it says complete as of February 6th then it won't update again.


Hmmmm interesting. Thank you.

User avatar
Mr. Somebody
Posts: 867
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:42 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Mr. Somebody » Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:28 pm

Yeah my bad, I started this thing and I didn't mean to make him feel bad. But if he DOES have something like a spoiled letter it would help for him to figure it out and maybe get it swapped out for YLS or something.

User avatar
Killingly
Posts: 1179
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:17 am

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Killingly » Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:29 pm

Mr. Somebody wrote:Yeah my bad, I started this thing and I didn't mean to make him feel bad. But if he DOES have something like a spoiled letter it would help for him to figure it out and maybe get it swapped out for YLS or something.


No worries, I didn't think anyone was being malicious.

User avatar
QueMellow
Posts: 188
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:09 am

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby QueMellow » Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:30 pm

swoozie wrote:Wow, in via status checker today. This post is very calm but only because I already got made fun of for doing a dance after seeing the "congratulations!".

I also got status checker on Jan 18th...same as explorergirl so seeing that post made me go check (thank you!!!!). and stats are in profile.



Hi guys, been lurking for a while.

I also got my status checker January 18th and have yet to hear anything. How should I interpret this? LSAT: b/w 160 and 165, GPA b/w 3.3 and 3.6. Good softs, 4+ years of teaching experience, URM (AA).

Best of luck to all!

User avatar
Mr. Somebody
Posts: 867
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:42 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Mr. Somebody » Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:31 pm

QueMellow wrote:
swoozie wrote:Wow, in via status checker today. This post is very calm but only because I already got made fun of for doing a dance after seeing the "congratulations!".

I also got status checker on Jan 18th...same as explorergirl so seeing that post made me go check (thank you!!!!). and stats are in profile.



Hi guys, been lurking for a while.

I also got my status checker January 18th and have yet to hear anything. How should I interpret this? LSAT: b/w 160 and 165, GPA b/w 3.3 and 3.6. Good softs, 4+ years of teaching experience, URM (AA).

Best of luck to all!


Michigan is slow, you really have only been waiting for two weeks dude. Some of us have been waiting for months.

User avatar
ColtsFan88
Posts: 1432
Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:05 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby ColtsFan88 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:31 pm

QueMellow wrote:
swoozie wrote:Wow, in via status checker today. This post is very calm but only because I already got made fun of for doing a dance after seeing the "congratulations!".

I also got status checker on Jan 18th...same as explorergirl so seeing that post made me go check (thank you!!!!). and stats are in profile.



Hi guys, been lurking for a while.

I also got my status checker January 18th and have yet to hear anything. How should I interpret this? LSAT: b/w 160 and 165, GPA b/w 3.3 and 3.6. Good softs, 4+ years of teaching experience, URM (AA).

Best of luck to all!


Sorry to say but you might have a long wait. I have been waiting with my status checker since 11/18. YMMV.

User avatar
thelong
Posts: 992
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:55 am

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby thelong » Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:31 pm

QueMellow wrote:
swoozie wrote:Wow, in via status checker today. This post is very calm but only because I already got made fun of for doing a dance after seeing the "congratulations!".

I also got status checker on Jan 18th...same as explorergirl so seeing that post made me go check (thank you!!!!). and stats are in profile.



Hi guys, been lurking for a while.

I also got my status checker January 18th and have yet to hear anything. How should I interpret this? LSAT: b/w 160 and 165, GPA b/w 3.3 and 3.6. Good softs, 4+ years of teaching experience, URM (AA).

Best of luck to all!


There are many many many people who have been waiting far far far longer. You shouldn't interpret it any which way.

User avatar
tmon
Posts: 1242
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:52 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby tmon » Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:33 pm

Oh hell. Went complete today, and asked to fill out the residency form. Now I can really begin freaking out.

User avatar
woodscommaL
Posts: 239
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:14 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby woodscommaL » Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:33 pm

Tiago Splitter wrote:
woodscommaL wrote:Already looked at my status checker 4 times today and it's not even noon...it's going to be a long day.


If it says complete as of February 6th then it won't update again today.


Thanks! I'm starting to breathe normally again haha




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”