Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
No13baby
Posts: 440
Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:42 am

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby No13baby » Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:04 pm

Submitted!

seanPtheB
Posts: 276
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:06 am

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby seanPtheB » Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:58 am

Hey guys,

How many LOR's is everyone doing? I quickly read through the thread and I think it was Mum that said she did the max. I've only got 2 right now. How important do you guys think it is to have a third?

User avatar
Yeshia90
Posts: 988
Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:23 am

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Yeshia90 » Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:08 pm

seanPtheB wrote:Hey guys,

How many LOR's is everyone doing? I quickly read through the thread and I think it was Mum that said she did the max. I've only got 2 right now. How important do you guys think it is to have a third?


I submitted three.

User avatar
basilseal
Posts: 331
Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:32 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby basilseal » Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:08 pm

Three as well. 2 academic and one WE.

freestallion
Posts: 944
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:17 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby freestallion » Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:10 pm

basilseal wrote:Three as well. 2 academic and one WE.

Me three

User avatar
Tiago Splitter
Posts: 15525
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:20 am

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Tiago Splitter » Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:15 pm

seanPtheB wrote:Hey guys,

How many LOR's is everyone doing? I quickly read through the thread and I think it was Mum that said she did the max. I've only got 2 right now. How important do you guys think it is to have a third?


2 for me. 0 academic.

User avatar
Ernert
Posts: 203
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:35 am

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Ernert » Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:18 pm

Two academic here.

MumofCad
Posts: 974
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:46 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby MumofCad » Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:23 pm

I think 2 is fine, especially if they are both academic. I messed up thanks to an LSAC common app instructions glitch. I think they've fixed it since.

User avatar
j12
Posts: 169
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:41 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby j12 » Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:36 pm

Will it hurt to send in two? Not at all.
Is it worth sending in three? If you have three writers who all wrote awesome letters and saying that you're awesome in different ways, then sure. Probably not worth it if the letters are going to be pretty standard.
I sent in two.

User avatar
Hopefully2012
Posts: 465
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:22 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Hopefully2012 » Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:42 pm

2 academic, one WE

User avatar
elibrarian
Posts: 336
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:49 am

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby elibrarian » Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:43 pm

basilseal wrote:Three as well. 2 academic and one WE.

User avatar
No13baby
Posts: 440
Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:42 am

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby No13baby » Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:01 pm

freestallion wrote:
basilseal wrote:Three as well. 2 academic and one WE.

Me three

User avatar
basilseal
Posts: 331
Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:32 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby basilseal » Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:37 pm

elibrarian wrote:
basilseal wrote:Three as well. 2 academic and one WE.

Beat you this time.

User avatar
elibrarian
Posts: 336
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:49 am

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby elibrarian » Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:00 pm

basilseal wrote:
elibrarian wrote:
basilseal wrote:Three as well. 2 academic and one WE.

Beat you this time.


Damn you, stupid job! Damn you.

seanPtheB
Posts: 276
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:06 am

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby seanPtheB » Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:34 pm

tight, thanks guys

seanPtheB
Posts: 276
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:06 am

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby seanPtheB » Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:12 am

I know most of you gUNnErs out there already have your apps in, but for anyone left PM me if you wanna swap Why Mich's. I'd love some feedback on mine, which is pretty much all learning and living environment based.

User avatar
smokeylarue
Posts: 408
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:55 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby smokeylarue » Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:25 pm

I'm not applying ED, but how bad is it if I don't write a Why Mich essay? Seems like most folks in here are writing one.

User avatar
chem
Posts: 867
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:14 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby chem » Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:39 am

smokeylarue wrote:I'm not applying ED, but how bad is it if I don't write a Why Mich essay? Seems like most folks in here are writing one.


Worse for Michigan than other schools. They are relatively more holistic, so they like to see that essay

User avatar
JoeMo
Posts: 1518
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:29 am

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby JoeMo » Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:40 am

EEEEEESHHHHH! I just looked at my "Why Michigan" and found a really stupid error in syntax. Used "wanted" instead of "wanting" but my app is already submitted. What can I do?

User avatar
basilseal
Posts: 331
Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:32 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby basilseal » Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:44 am

JoeMo wrote:EEEEEESHHHHH! I just looked at my "Why Michigan" and found a really stupid error in syntax. Used "wanted" instead of "wanting" but my app is already submitted. What can I do?

Have a drink and forget about it. Also, stop looking at your submitted apps.

User avatar
JoeMo
Posts: 1518
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:29 am

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby JoeMo » Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:57 am

basilseal wrote:
JoeMo wrote:EEEEEESHHHHH! I just looked at my "Why Michigan" and found a really stupid error in syntax. Used "wanted" instead of "wanting" but my app is already submitted. What can I do?

Have a drink and forget about it. Also, stop looking at your submitted apps.


This is solid advice. I hadn't even looked until now. But I guess there isn't anything I could do now.

User avatar
basilseal
Posts: 331
Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:32 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby basilseal » Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:26 am

JoeMo wrote:
basilseal wrote:
JoeMo wrote:EEEEEESHHHHH! I just looked at my "Why Michigan" and found a really stupid error in syntax. Used "wanted" instead of "wanting" but my app is already submitted. What can I do?

Have a drink and forget about it. Also, stop looking at your submitted apps.


This is solid advice. I hadn't even looked until now. But I guess there isn't anything I could do now.

Exactly. If it's meant to be, it will happen. I have some great recipes for fall drinks. They're heavy on bourbon and apple cider.

User avatar
JoeMo
Posts: 1518
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:29 am

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby JoeMo » Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:03 pm

basilseal wrote:
JoeMo wrote:
basilseal wrote:
JoeMo wrote:EEEEEESHHHHH! I just looked at my "Why Michigan" and found a really stupid error in syntax. Used "wanted" instead of "wanting" but my app is already submitted. What can I do?

Have a drink and forget about it. Also, stop looking at your submitted apps.


This is solid advice. I hadn't even looked until now. But I guess there isn't anything I could do now.

Exactly. If it's meant to be, it will happen. I have some great recipes for fall drinks. They're heavy on bourbon and apple cider.


I love Bourbon. Live for it actually. Although I'm slowly coming around to the White Whiskey as well.

User avatar
Yeshia90
Posts: 988
Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:23 am

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Yeshia90 » Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:22 pm

Finally got status checker. I'm complete.

User avatar
thelawyler
Posts: 902
Joined: Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:00 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby thelawyler » Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:25 pm

Yeshia90 wrote:Finally got status checker. I'm complete.


Same here. Finally I can now be obsessive about checking my status.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Christinabruin, whodareswins and 20 guests